Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
This was the first Basho that I've followed, and an amazing one at that. I used to watch the ESPN2 show when I was a kid, but it's really awesome being able to follow it. Are there any Bashos that anyone would recommend to watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Isn't next Basho during Ramadan? I know Osunaarashi observes it, though it seems he's had so much momentum early in the past two Bashos that I'd hate another injury/fasting kill it in July

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Friar John posted:

But even with that, seeing Oosunaarashi soldier on this basho was incredible. I understand why he didn't get the Fighting Spirit prize, but drat did he deserve it.

Also considering that there was some crossover with Ramadan it's incredible he put up the basho he did.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
In Juryo, Oosunaarashi is dominating at 7-0 and has 5-2 Endo coming up next.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Tsaedje posted:

There's going to be some massive promotions/demotions for the next basho, only 8 kachikoshis between sekiwake and M10

osunaarashi gonna reenter at m2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Puckish Rogue posted:

I've not seen today's action, what are the details on the injury? Did his body finally burn out due to his raw power and he's now just an intense ball of energy?

he was REALLY favoring his right arm after his match, looked like it was something with his bicep.