Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I played this a lot way back in the day, reinstalling now. I'm having trouble finding a working link to the 4.10 patch, the torrent link in the OP doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

The last time I played this, there was some kind of patch that gave the game better sound, a better cockpit for the P-47, and a Tempest. What was that?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

1:1, always use trim all the time

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Technically no, but they use perfectly optimal engine settings all the time, so effectively you'll never catch up without using the autopilot.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I asked a Tuskegee airman who was a crew chief for P-51s and P-39s about the stability characteristics of the P-39. He got really defensive and said "NOPE, IT WAS GREAT, EVERYBODY LOVED THAT PLANE."

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

How many flight sims have been able to at least create the illusion of a big battle? I can think of European Air War, Rowan's Battle of Britain, and Falcon 4.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

How is flak and AA modeled in BoS? In Il-2, the mechanic of simulating a lot of AA guns with one or two really accurate guns due to CPU limitations always felt a little weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Wait, what happened with DCS:WWII? Is it actually a real project?

• Locked thread