Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.
Nice thread! So shiny and new! Just a couple more months and my crazy life should slow down enough for me to get back into gaming. I miss your nerdy voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.
Finished school. Reinstalling IL-2. :cheers:

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I plan on hosting again. I dug out all my stuff and hooked it back up. My track ir isn't working for some reason though and I haven't wanted play without it. I'm working on replacing it. I'm half tempted to just drive down to Natural Point (they're like 40 minutes from here) and beg them to fix it for me. Anyway, I'll hopefully be back on and hosting soon. I'll go back to mouse looking if I have to...

Edit: Right after posting this I decided to plug in my track ir one more time just to see. It fired right up. Weird.

Breakfast Machine fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 27, 2012

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Ok. I'm going to host some games tomorrow(Wednesday) starting at around 5pm Pacific time. If nobody shows then I'll play by myself. Don't let me be lonely!

Edit: I played by myself. It was lonely.

Breakfast Machine fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 29, 2012

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Nine of Eight posted:

Does someone have a link to a guide to getting the steam version to work? Mine won't seem to launch.

Did you apply any of the newer patches, or just trying to launch the latest Steam version? I had that problem last time I reinstalled, but it was because I screwed up the patching order getting the game updated to 4.11.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

So I want to start doing this again next week. Who's in?

Me. I'm in.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I have a thing from 4-6pm pst, but if you guys are still playing when I get home I'll jump in.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I'm always down to play if other people are. It's not as much fun with only 2 or 3 people though. I'm guessing everyone feels that way. Maybe if we schedule it or something.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

Also, making time for regular IL-2 stuff is hard enough. IIRC, the nerdwrangling required to keep an SEOW campaign going was insane to the point where the people involved in organizing it burned out.

I'd rather not subject myself to that.

That being said, if someone else wants to host an SEOW campaign, or host ANYTHING, please do so. I'm more than willing to let other people host things. Announce it here and send me a PM here or in Steam to post an event on the Steam group. Hell, I'd be giving rights to the Steam group to a lot more people if I were the group owner.

Oh god, SEOW. So much fun when it's working properly. Such a giant pain in the rear end when it's working properly. I'll look into it. If there's a way to run it without hosting it online, I might be masochist enough to try to put something together. If you still have to deal with all the database, ftp, login management stuff then no. Nope nope nope.

Edit: Yeah, no way. Still crazy complicated. Requires HSFX. Too much trouble. DCG is good enough.

Breakfast Machine fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 9, 2013

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I was thinking about SEOW and what I enjoyed about it. I really think it was just the large campaign and the stat tracking. Would there be any interest in a larger, spergier campaign with stat tracking? I'd leave the tags on, but would probably want to up the difficulty otherwise. No map icons at the very least. We could just fly a mission on Sunday before the DCG/dogfight stuff. There wouldn't be any respawning, so if you died you'd have to go dogfight or something while waiting for the mission to end. Just thought I would gauge interest before spending any time on it.

Also, I'll be streaming our IL-2 shenanigans this evening if anyone cares to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/breakfastmachine

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

I REALLY wish you could do persistent campaigns with stat tracking and JIJO/Respawn. Having to make 100% sure you're logged in and your shits running properly before mission start is a bit of a PITA. Technically MDS mode with Lowengrins DCG will do that but without the stats tracking. What happens during one session affects what gets generated for the next.

I'm pretty sure this will work with DCG and respawning: http://il2statsweb.codeplex.com/
It will list the players multiple times. One for each plane they use. Here's an example I found online: http://www.fibow.co.uk/il2stats/MissionDetails.aspx?MissionName=Winter_Defense194204090

Anyone have a web server that can run MySQL?

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah quick mission. The G-2 is a much better plane. You're probably just rusty. Don't fight on the deck if you can help it. G-2 is better in the vertical and being able to split-s is an advantage. Most of my fights end up in scissors or rolling scissors. I'm not actually sure if that's something I'm doing or the AI is doing, but it always ends up with me on their tail.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

The full mission editor is great for practicing combat. You can put yourself and your target wherever you want. There are tutorials on youtube if you've never used it. It's not a very complicated program. Probably be faster than searching for premade training missions.

Edit: I made a level bombing practice mission if anyone wants to try it. It's technically a dogfight mission, so it goes in your NET/DOGFIGHT folder and you can respawn.
Link: http://sharesend.com/1sr9a647

Breakfast Machine fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 19, 2013

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

Yesterdays session had a few less people than previous sessions but was still pretty awesome. Next time I'll make sure that the right time gets put on the IRC channel topics.

I was at the end of a 72 horror film festival that I entered, otherwise I totally would have been there. On the plus side, my film won! :dukedog: I'll be there Sunday.

Breakfast Machine fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 30, 2013

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Has anyone gotten ahold of Nick London since I've been out? I've been trying to find this guy for a couple of years now, and I've come up with nothing.

e: this is HastyDeparture

A lot of dudes have been trying to get a hold of Nick London, get a hold of Nick London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I installed the TacBF stuff. How will I know when games are happening? Is there a steam group or IRC channel or something?

• Locked thread