Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
DJExile and I are great wildlife photographers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

We are the best bad photographers :downs::respek::downs:

I can't believe we ran into those deer at the last second. God you got a good angle on them.

drat, that's really pretty.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Fungah posted:

Hello wildlife thread. if any of you also read the Nikon thread a month ago I asked for suggestions for a cheap zoom lens to take on safari. I ultimately got the Tamron 70-300 VC. Let me tell you, 300 is at the limit of usefulness and a lot of the times I was dying for something longer. Nevertheless the lens didn't make an Ngorongoro sized dent in my wallet and I managed to get a couple of decent shots.

pride by bmc451, on Flickr

just chillin' by bmc451, on Flickr

Just imagine if you had a full-frame camera like most professional wildlife photographers have. Then your 300mm would really be 300mm instead of the 450mm it acts like for your D90. That's why 600 and 800mm lenses and 1.4 and 2x teleconverters exist :)

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
SPCC6110 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
uhh excuse me, blown highlights, crushed blacks, not perf-

Yeah I'd hang that on my wall in a goddamn instant. Nice shot.