Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I use Goodread sometimes, when I am looking for something new to read or other recommendations. I update very infrequently.

https://www.goodreads.com/Flaggy

Actually now that I have added most of you it looks like I barely used goodreads. I either need to get better at updating, adding books, and getting them from my currently reading to my read pile. Also adding books in that I want to read.

Flaggy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have been adding everyone as well, but they have a limit on the number of people you can add a day. Seems strange.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

The only reviews I take notice of are my friends and the average star rating of a book. I have goodreads because I like to keep track of what I read and the recommendations are pretty accurate. I treat reviews by people I don't know like I treat yahoo answers.

Thats exactly how I look at the reviews. Plus the reviews done by housewives are terrible. Twilight A++++++ Lolita F-. Ugh.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I noticed some of you were looking for recommendations on the site so I went a little nuts this morning and recommended a bunch to some of you.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is a Book Barn group. http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2686.Book_Barn_Goons

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No no, I put in the link for you, my internet slowed down while I was getting the link. Its up now, but there you go.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That drat Satyr posted:

I've been adding all the people in the thread and trying to send recomendations based on what people have mentioned here that they've enjoyed!

Also: like last week I made a group on GoodReads but I didn't realize there was already one. Whoops. D:

I am glad you did, it seems like the other group has almost no activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

If it makes you feel better I just counted my bookshelf and I have like 65 unread books.

And my bookshelf will only hold like 60 of those haha. My latest Amazon order I've just had to leave in the box because there's nowhere to put any of them.

I feel your pain. My too read shelf has 98 books on it. I always see a book that looks interesting and I will drop it in there.

• Locked thread