Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Farchanter posted:

This really is a great jersey. Midnight Green is such a terrible color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I wish the Saints throwbacks were something other than uglier versions of our current uniforms. I didn't like the gold jersies, so I wish they'd try a new look for an alternate uniform.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Harlock posted:

This really is a great jersey. Midnight Green is such a terrible color.

It is gorgeous, but the midnight green's grown on me. It's been the Eagles' color for most of my life at this point, and

Makes more of a mental connection with "Eagles" in my head than the kelly green.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I kind of like the Eagles uniforms, but gently caress the drop shadow on the numbers. No drop shadow ever for anyone.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Farchanter posted:

This uniform owns. They should wear it all the time.

GD_American posted:

This one owns even harder. If only it were real...

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They've only worn them like once in the past couple decades but the Chargers powder blue away throwbacks were amazing and I really wish those would come back.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Fenrir posted:

And Chargers. poo poo, I still say the powder blue is the best uniform in football.

Don't forget the Bills:

They should have made the playoffs based on the jerseys alone.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
The new Bills jerseys are fantastic. Especially considering how much of a clusterfuck they'd become.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Almo posted:

thank goodness

I could actually get behind that, although it's not like the Pack's current uniforms need improving. That would make for a sweet alternate, though.

And yeah, the Bills' new uniforms are awesome.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I don't like the shoulder stripes in the Bills jersey. Not because they're there, but because they just stop abruptly at the seam of the sleeve. The rest of it rules though.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Rogue Elephant posted:

I don't like the shoulder stripes in the Bills jersey. Not because they're there, but because they just stop abruptly at the seam of the sleeve. The rest of it rules though.

Sleeve stripes have been ruined for years as jerseys become more and more like glorified tank tops. The 49ers are another good example of this. Three puny stripes and they can't fit?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

They've only worn them like once in the past couple decades but the Chargers powder blue away throwbacks were amazing and I really wish those would come back.

These?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

SteelAngel2000 posted:

These?

Those own hard, but I am a sucker for pretty blues. See Predators, Panthers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers confirm no further jersey changes beyond incorporating :pwn:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

These?

Yeah, these are fantastic

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers confirm no further jersey changes beyond incorporating :pwn:

Aw. I kind of hoped they would. I mean I can kind of appreciate that the only changes in 19 years has been the blue jerseys and a metallic helmet, but drat.

e: Hurp durp can't count.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Yeah, these are fantastic

Gotta agree, it's the only incarnation of the powder blues I like. I've got a Rivers one with that little AFL emblem on the chest.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004
UCLA, Chargers, or Oilers, powder blue uniforms own. Deal with it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

jordjevic posted:

I'm kind of torn on the old Seahawks getup - the Blue and Green are the exact same level of brightness and the silver doesn't really help. It has its problems (that insanely specific shade of blue) but the thing I like about the modern Seahawks uni is at least the blue and green contrast each other. Maybe if they went for something like this?

(Apathetic Seahawk cracks me up, seriously what is with that eyeball)

gently caress this. I love the current Seahawks uniforms. The blue/grey home one is my favorite. And I even enjoy the neon green alternates too.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Harlock posted:

These are superior Rams unis and someone should adopt them.

Who cares if it is too close to the Colts.

These are repulsive.

I love the blue and yellow Rams uniforms, but good lord I hate these.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
One part of Nike's uniforms at the college level that I find really interesting is their use of the undershirts. Consider what Oregon wore during the 2011 National Championship:

They put jersey numbers on the undersleeves, essentially turning them into a bonafide uniform component. I saw speculation on Uni-Watch that Nike might try to take advantage of that to give us "real" football sleeves again, sort of similar to

or

Of course, the NFL might need to suspend their rules a little, since they're currently obligated to place TV numbers on the jersey itself.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 1, 2012

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah but that Oregon thing is hella ugly

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Rap posted:

The uniform itself is really ugly, but I actually really like the idea of doing something with the undershirt.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Rap posted:

this, but the complete loving opposite

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

this, but the complete loving opposite

I like the jersey itself but the sleeve concept is mondo dumb and sleeves would get 1. pushed up by linemen to allow free movement; 2. pushed up by any defender facing the O-line to prevent holding; 3. pushed up by quarterbacks to allow full motion; 4. mocked by me

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I think it'd be more of a "Design undershirts to have the look of the jersey" so IF someone wanted to wear an undershirt/long-sleeves they'd have a more seamless look. I can't imagine they'd make everyone wear an undershirt like that just because Nike thinks it's stylish.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Farchanter posted:

Of course, the NFL might need to suspend their rules a little, since they're currently obligated to place TV numbers on the jersey itself.
Confusing Nike changes are going to lead to millions in uniform compliance fines.

KettleWL posted:

I think it'd be more of a "Design undershirts to have the look of the jersey" so IF someone wanted to wear an undershirt/long-sleeves they'd have a more seamless look. I can't imagine they'd make everyone wear an undershirt like that just because Nike thinks it's stylish.
Yeah I can't imagine something like that would ever be required, but it could be cool to see random optional stuff be cleanly integrated with the uniform like that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought it would be cool if teams could have their home, away, alternates and a single "special" jersey that could be fuckin' ridiculous like the saints all white fan concept, or an all black or blue panthers uni or something. They let some teams where special old school ones. Why not let the expansion teams hold a fan vote or something to make something new and interesting.

I dunno. Just spit balling.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

The panthers' uni would look awesome if you just changes all the black to chocolate brown. I don't give a gently caress that panthers aren't brown, I don't see any silver and honolulu blue lions either

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

The panthers' uni would look awesome if you just changes all the black to chocolate brown. I don't give a gently caress that panthers aren't brown, I don't see any silver and honolulu blue lions either

I don't think brown would go well with the blue, though:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

I don't think brown would go well with the blue, though:

Brown doesn't go well with anything.

Case and point: The Browns.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

SolidPolonium posted:

Brown doesn't go well with anything.

Case and point: The Browns.

It's case in point and that's one of three things you're wrong about in this post

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

It's case in point and that's one of three things you're wrong about in this post

Orange and brown is disgusting. :colbert:

But thank you for that correction

And because I was bored and wanted scientific evidence that me making that mistake doesn't make me dumb as gently caress:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=3067

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The Browns have probably the best uniform in the league.

Fantastic.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

nerve posted:

Fantastic.

Yes, it is so beautiful. When I think success with style I think bright orange and dog poo poo. :rolleyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

nerve posted:

Fantastic.

The only thing worse is the Bengals halloween uniforms

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't be the only one that thinks all throwbacks suck. They are only fun for novelty value.

For about 99% of the uniforms, I agree. But if the Pats would use the 96 unis for throw backs, I'd be on board. No idea why, but I liked them.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
All this jersey chat just made me go buy a Jay Cutler throwback. The Bears' throwbacks were so awesome, I had to get one since they're probably never going to wear them again. Here's Jay running for his life in it:

(Fun Fact: that play resulted in a first down.) And here's Jay getting murdered in it:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I like everything about those but I think the orange color is too bright and fluorescent. I realize it's a throwback, just sayin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Bring back the Packers Blue and Brown Circle w/negative space as numbers. DO IT.

• Locked thread