Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I don't play football, but I train in Muay Thai. I wear a UGA official practice Under Armour shirt with the vents and it makes a world of difference. They are basically strategically placed at places where you would sweat the most, and honestly, it feels like I'm wearing a light cotton t shirt, even though the thing is long sleeved.

I have one of these and holy god drat gently caress those vents are the best thing. I mostly wear it as an undershirt with jerseys but it's also amazing when mowing the lawn or working out or something.

It's even better with the new Nike football jerseys, the vents kinda line up a bit with the vents on the sides of the jerseys, makes it a lot more comfortable in Texas heat or a crowded bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
These jerseys are outstanding.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
The helmet is fantastic too

On the jerseys, I love the fact they have the student's individual rank on them. Great touch.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Those unis own real hard

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm not a fan of those helmets but rest of it is so awesome that it's well worth it.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

I'm not a fan of those helmets but rest of it is so awesome that it's well worth it.

Aside from the black visor those helmets are probably the best looking thing I've ever seen attached to a football team. The uniforms are awesome, but the helmets make the whole thing work.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The helmets make them look like football playing cops

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Or football playing midshipmen that have a distinctly militaristic look to their uniform, one that was co-opted by the police force to instill the same sense of order and respect present in much older institutions. But yeah police also wear hats with symbols

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
:drat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God drat who has been doing Navy's unis the last few years? Those are spectacular.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

DJExile posted:

God drat who has been doing Navy's unis the last few years? Those are spectacular.

Under Armor from the looks of the logos on it.

That is how you do a two tone helmet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Under Armor from the looks of the logos on it.

That is how you do a two tone helmet.

Yeah I should have specified wondering if it was like one specific person doing it because they have been knocking it out of the park for Navy lately.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Are the same footwear rules still in place since the Nike deal with he NFL? It just always seemed crazy to me that Earl Bennett got fined for wearing orange shoes with his Bears uniform.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Navy's unis are so amazing every year.

But I'm still looking for a pair of those Army gloves from last year with the Normandy Invasion plans on them

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Meanwhile,

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KettleWL posted:

Aside from the black visor those helmets are probably the best looking thing I've ever seen attached to a football team. The uniforms are awesome, but the helmets make the whole thing work.

The visors are always black on promo shots, so the photos could technically be of a generic player, due to NCAA restrictions. Every team does this with this kind of thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did they tweak the logo again? i swear to god it looks different

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Alouicious posted:

did they tweak the logo again? i swear to god it looks different

Again, I'm pretty sure that's Paul Posluzny's helmet, which already looks weird because it has to fit on his funky shaped head.

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. It's like pandora's box head. I could stare at it for hours. HOW IS YOUR JAW BIGGER THEN YOUR FOREHEAD

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is anyone buying jerseys from a knockoff site again this year?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

DJExile posted:

Yeah I should have specified wondering if it was like one specific person doing it because they have been knocking it out of the park for Navy lately.

Navy switched to UA this year, Nike had the deal for Annapolis and West Point for the past 3 or so years at least.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Navy's unis are so amazing every year.

But I'm still looking for a pair of those Army gloves from last year with the Normandy Invasion plans on them

wait, WHAT. I really want to see that.

Also those Navy uniforms are awesome. First time in a long time anyone in the military wore uniforms that actually look good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here you go. Apparently it's the Battle of the Bulge? Pretty cool looking anyway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah it was battle of the bulge on their gloves, helmet stripe, and in the numbers. awesome design

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
I love that undershirt design:

Also some pretty sweet uniform/helmet action going on in this picture:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Phwoar

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Look at that classless thug high stepping during a play.

-No one ever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I know that it's the stupidest god drat thing in the world, but I still think the logo on college gloves is cool.

Also the Battle of the Bulge map is insanely cool.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Everyone I've talked to today, regardless of how much they care about football, thinks the Navy uniforms were totally loving sick. UA nailed this one.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Forgive my ignorance, but is the only difference 1st and 3rd class, just the angle/slant of the stripe?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
By the time you're into your senior year if you're just a 1st Class Midshipmen then you did something wrong. That year is the year they place you into leadership roles in the Brigade. With the leadership roles there's other specialized looking ranks.

But yes, pretty much the 3C mid insignia is diagonal, where the 1C is horizontal and parallel to the shoulder boards end/sleeve of the jacket.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

DangerKat posted:

Is anyone buying jerseys from a knockoff site again this year?

That's what I came here for. I'm trying to find a reliable site. I can't afford a $150 NFL jersey :(

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I ordered a Luck from whatjersey back in December and it just got here in June :downs:. I got a Reggie Wayne from there a year or two ago and it didn't take nearly that long. Not only that, but this time they only sent two out of the three we ordered and stitching on Luck is horrendous, but it's actually more accurate to the on-field jersey than Wayne's. I'll see if I can get some comparison pics up tonight. Earlier in the thread someone also suggested oknfl but the group I was with voted for whatjersey instead so I can't comment on that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Tarajersey was pretty good, back when it was around. I still have my Bills Fitzpatrick jersey from them.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Uni Watch says that the green Eagles jerseys will finally be ready for Week 6, against the Giants.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Farchanter posted:

Uni Watch says that the green Eagles jerseys will finally be ready for Week 6, against the Giants.

drat.

I'm going to chalk the really terrible Eagles green knockoff I got in March to the uniform problems.

And never order green knockoffs again

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

UnderArmour just went all out with maryland

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Eww.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If any of you are interested in old Reebok throwback jerseys a friend of mine posted a pretty cool haul on Ebay.

Steelers Rod Woodson

Colts Eric Dickerson

Broncos Terrel Davis

Jets Joe Namath

Bears Richard Dent

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Any Dickerson jersey sold should come with a free pair of goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Vintage Bernie or bust

• Locked thread