Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

nnnAdam posted:

Battle Red is pretty cool.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish they would wear white pants with the jerseys again, the blue-red-red combination looks kind of amateurish.

quote:

Not a huge fan of the Patriots though, but it seems like everyone on here loves those ones.

I like the New England ones from a purely visual standpoint, I just think it's kind of weird to name your team the Patriots, steep them in Revolution mythology... and then give them red shirts.

I also think I'm the only person who likes the Seahawk mono-blue.

I like the two throwbacks the Eagles have worn in recent years, even if the 1933 ones look like a Crayola truck flipped over.

1933 (worn for one game in 2007:)

1960 (worn for the season opener in 2010:)

My roommate last year wanted to get one of those jerseys with QB EAGLES on the back, which I thought was a great idea and I'm kind of bummed he never went through with it.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Harlock posted:

This really is a great jersey. Midnight Green is such a terrible color.

It is gorgeous, but the midnight green's grown on me. It's been the Eagles' color for most of my life at this point, and

Makes more of a mental connection with "Eagles" in my head than the kelly green.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
One part of Nike's uniforms at the college level that I find really interesting is their use of the undershirts. Consider what Oregon wore during the 2011 National Championship:

They put jersey numbers on the undersleeves, essentially turning them into a bonafide uniform component. I saw speculation on Uni-Watch that Nike might try to take advantage of that to give us "real" football sleeves again, sort of similar to

or

Of course, the NFL might need to suspend their rules a little, since they're currently obligated to place TV numbers on the jersey itself.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 1, 2012

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Rap posted:

Yeah but that Oregon thing is hella ugly

The uniform itself is really ugly, but I actually really like the idea of doing something with the undershirt.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

defiantgiant posted:

So the Jags are apparently switching to black uniforms in 2012. I don't know if that'll be good or bad, but at least they're not wearing teal any more.

I heard that they're resurrecting their black alternates

And that a general redesign is coming for 2013, but I don't think that the teal's going anywhere this coming season. I'm actually pretty sure that, by the NFL rule about redesigns, they can't ditch the teal altogether yet, which is why they're waiting for two seasons from now for an overhaul.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

The Patriots should go back to the old Pat Patriot unis. The Vikings should go back to the old no bullshit uniforms they had from 1961 to about 1997.

Can we all agree on this?

I actually don't really like the pre-Elvis New England jerseys.

Well, clarification: I think the jerseys look really awesome. It just seems weird to me that they're red while the team styles themselves after the Continental Army.

e: I suppose I should add that they've really grown on me now that they're wearing them on a part-time basis again. I guess it's less a "dislike" so much as a "this is kind of weird" thing, much like how the White Sox don't wear any. So I guess we can ignore this whole post!

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 5, 2012

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Uni Watch is also live-tweeting the event.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

I like this, but only if it's an alt. Silver supremacy.

fwiw, Uni Watch says that they think the black one's fake, or at least an alternate, since supposedly a photo of a silver helmet has also leaked.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Everything I'd heard said that the Eagles were also going to tread water, but Vick just tweeted that "The new NFL uniforms thru Nike are going to be crazy...Innovation at its finest!"

:ohdear:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Uni Watch posted:

They just showed a little video with a glimpse of the new Seahawks uni... It is SERIOUSLY ugly...

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I'm imagining that any changes we see won't be really drastic. NFL teams have a lot more power over their identities vs. Nike, as opposed to most college teams.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

squarerandom posted:

This is some apple poo poo. Hey guys likes boast about our sameNEW INNOVATIVE product to sell it to our fans! But gently caress them they can't actually see it for a while. I hope last years Authentic Jerseys go on sale like super low so I can snag a few more.

I saw a stitched DeSean Jackson jersey in Moorestown for like $30 a few weeks ago. The Reebok stuff is dirt cheap right now.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Jeremy Maclin just tweeted that he has no clue what the new uniforms look like, so maybe Vick was just excited earlier.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I wonder if they did anything to the underside of the bill of the cap, like how the draft hats have the conference logos.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

MissileWaster posted:

I have the 59Fifty, feels the same as the MLB caps to me. Oddly, though, my size 8 Cowboys hat feels a lot looser than my size 8 Texas Rangers caps.

I've noticed that, for whatever reason, New Era fluctuates wildly in size. My best-fitting hat is a 7 3/4 Phillies hat, but I also own a size 8 Phillies cap and 7 3/4 IronPigs cap that are really snug on me.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

japtor posted:

It almost looks like it could work as an asymmetric helmet design from this shot. Make it bigger (:haw:) and extend it around just a bit more.

Also it reminds me of those oversize logo New Era hats :v:

One side can be the flag, one side can be Bucco Bruce.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Multiplesarcasm posted:

They definitely do, it's just a shame to make something that's going to take up a quarter of your uniforms instantly remind you of the shrill "breep, breep, breep" of waking up.

It really makes you appreciate how not terrible last year's Vikings numbers were.

I had actually honestly forgotten that Minnesota got a redesign, theirs was really the only remake of the Nike regime that looks really good.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
the Eagles, for the first two years of the Nike contract, had been continuing to use Reebok-era fabrics and templates, because Nike said that they wouldn't be able to recreate the dark "midnight green" using their own fabrics.

Philly finally took the plunge and switched to a Nike template for this year... and Nike still can't figure out how to make the green jersey bodies. That's why the Eagles were forced to wear black jerseys for Friday's game against New England, and apparently the shortage will last into the regular season, leaving the Eagles with only black and white for the foreseeable future.

I guess if anything were going to expedite a switch back to kelly green, it would be Nike screwing up, wouldn't it?

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Do you have any more information on this? It seems really weird to me that loving Nike can't even get a color right. Is it osmething with the fabric not being able to hold the dye due to some chemical conflicts or some poo poo? (not a chemist)

that's all I know, unfortunately. This Uni-Watch post is the most comprehensive source, and according to them, Nike says it's due to "color matching issues" and "midnight green is a custom color that apparently needs time to make," despite being able to get everyone else's custom colors completed well in advance of now.

e: if I had to guess, and this is just a total shot in the dark, it has to do with "midnight green" being very metallic, whereas it seems like Nike switched to matte versions of all previously metallic colors (San Francisco's pants, etc.) when they got the uniform contract, which IIRC was also something to do with Nike's manufacturing process. I imagine they can't get a flat version of the midnight green that doesn't look like crap.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 17, 2014

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

shiksa posted:

Wait so what have people been buying from Nike for the past two seasons? Basically a more expensive Reebok jersey?

Pretty much. The Eagles kept the Reebok "tailoring and fabrication" for the first two years of the Nike regime, I suspect the retailers are still using that stock.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Will Styles posted:

ASU has some new threads.

http://www.thesundevils.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1172484&DB_OEM_ID=30300

I'm digging the copper on the facemask but I'm not sold on the grey jersey...

Don't care for the gray or the gradient numbers, but that helmet is pretty much perfect.

I thought the model's calves were some sort of crazy, gorgeous copper sock for a second. Oops.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Uni Watch says that the green Eagles jerseys will finally be ready for Week 6, against the Giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
The Titans' uniforms look like the uniforms of the rival high school that get five minutes of screen time in a heartwarming coming-of-age story focused on a football team.

Every part of their style just screams "generic football team." Which is a shame.

• Locked thread