Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyguy posted:

I know it's perspective, but all I see is a panther with a lazy eye.

oldskool posted:

Have to agree. My first reaction to seeing it was "It looks like someone took the old logo and waffled it in the right eye with a tire iron".
It's not awful, I guess, it certainly could be worse, but I'll have to see what they do with the jersey & how it looks on whatever they decide to do with the helmet before passing final judgment. Right now it's a tentative "OK" with a definitive "goddamnit every piece of Panther merchandise I own is now obsolete".

I see the new Panther raising its right eyebrow quizzically, and I cant un-see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

Might as well since they're already blacked out.

:drat:
Thats rough considering there were like 5 teams that had worse attendance issues than the Jags last year.
Thats just a guess but I'm pretty sure the Jags were not blacked out often despite their horrible team

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Im posting from my phone so quoting is tough, but in response to BRB MAKIN BACON: I have never bought a jersey because any I have tried on (friend's or at a sporting goods store, are either too short at the waist or too incredibly baggy in the torso. Im 6'3" 175 so not much fits me anyway, but jerseys are especially bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:smith:

This is priceless holy hell hahahaha

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Retromancer posted:

I hope they're playing the bengals when they wear those.

stripes...stripes everywhere.

also maybe Harrison will get confused and give Roethlisberger a major concussion.

Everything about this post is something that went through my head and I want to see it happen SO BAD.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

R.A. Dickey posted:

You guys are getting awfully upset that the Steelers decided to use a historically accurate throwback jersey.

"Yes but ITS UGLY AS SIN!!!!"

Who gives a poo poo though? It'll be funny to watch because you just know they are going to wear them on a nationally televised game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It looks like the throwbacks you will be using will have the correct number of stripes on the sleeves, too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kidcoelacanth posted:

I assume those are throwbacks and not full-time?

New concussion-proof helmets! The extra leather padding helps keep noggins from gettin' all jostled around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

crankdatbatman posted:

On a slightly related note to the custom jersey talk, does the NFL still have "Mexico/7" banned on jerseys?

http://outsports.com/nfl/2005/0301nflshopnaughtywords.htm

• Locked thread