Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

While they better not actually replace the regular on-field jerseys (they won't...ever), I'd like to see what they can come up with for fun alternate Raiders jerseys. We already have the best goddamn uniforms in the league and the most amazing throwbacks ever.

I have this jersey in real life go ahead and be jealous.

So yeah even taking into account how most of the "Lights Out" jerseys look like poo poo they couldn't even manage to gently caress up Oakland's.

Being that it seems hard to take the Raiders colors and make a terrible looking uniform, I'm interested to see what they can create.
That Seabass jersey is my dream one. Well if it had the proper number font :ssh:

That black on black one gets kind of hosed by white outlines to make the numbers more visible, just makes it look messy as a result.
Oh god.

Although I'm kind of liking the Minnesota LA Lakers right next to the Titans one which could pass for the Minneapolis Lakers.

Casao posted:

Lesser known fact: They only hate 1 out of 3 A's, the other two they're pretty ok with.
Well that's the closest A to the panther there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Farchanter posted:

Of course, the NFL might need to suspend their rules a little, since they're currently obligated to place TV numbers on the jersey itself.
Confusing Nike changes are going to lead to millions in uniform compliance fines.

KettleWL posted:

I think it'd be more of a "Design undershirts to have the look of the jersey" so IF someone wanted to wear an undershirt/long-sleeves they'd have a more seamless look. I can't imagine they'd make everyone wear an undershirt like that just because Nike thinks it's stylish.
Yeah I can't imagine something like that would ever be required, but it could be cool to see random optional stuff be cleanly integrated with the uniform like that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Good Will Punting posted:

e: New Era is doing head wear? The "Sideline" knits/fitteds this season were nice, but this could be pretty awesome.
:dance:
(I'm slightly bitter about the last Reebok hat I got a few weeks ago where the logo or brim was slightly off center...including the replacement I got :argh:)

While we're on hat chat, anyone know how the Mitchell & Ness stuff is?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Democrazy posted:

Those old red Patriots uniforms are cursed.
They should switch to them to prove that they're good enough overcome the curse :colbert:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Pretty sure I said this earlier, but I'm still apprehensive. Please don't touch the Raiders' uniforms, Nike :ohdear:. Al will take you down from beyond the grave (or wherever he's hiding) if you screw them up.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Grantonio posted:

Yeah, those New Era caps are bad except for the Raiders one. The Raiders have nothing but nice merchandise it seems like.
Well you just got me to hit the like button to see it:

I was thinking any of the short single word city name ones would look decent...but Oakland's is the only one particularly like that. It's higher up and doesn't cover up the logo at all, hell the logo covers up the letters where they overlap. I'm guessing the Raiders merchandise people rejected the logo getting covered up.

edit: Saints caps showing snapback and flex fit: http://whodatdish.com/2012/03/10/new-orleans-saints-new-era-nfl-draft-cap-designs/

japtor fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 11, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I'm 24 and i've never met someone who wears flat brim caps and isn't a tool. It's just a weird fashion statement, half the time people wear them off to one side so it doesn't even protect from the sun. I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.
What if the sun is off to the side :colbert:

I kind of like flat brims but hell if my head can actually fit them unless I get a way oversized hat.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I can't even find how big 9.5 is, most results end up being for shoes on pages with multiple item sizing charts.

...unless you meant to type 8.5, then Mitchell & Ness has that while most others seem to top off at 8.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

Why are Mitchell and Ness hats the ugliest pieces of poo poo? It's like they go out of their way to make them terrible.
Which ones? Most are just recreating the designs from years ago. Basically just retro stuff...a lot of the original designs were gaudy in the first place and really haven't held up well unless you have nostalgia for it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

crankdatbatman posted:

Kind of a naive NFL merchandise related question, but is this "Training Camp Hat" thing a regular yearly thing or a one time event just because Nike is the licensed merchandiser now? I always thought draft day hats were kind of silly, but a training camp hat along with the others is overly ridiculous.
Well apparently Reebok made "training camp" hats for 2009 at least, in straw!.

Going through an image search it looks like Nike made ones for colleges out of the dri-fit material, so it's not too silly if you think of it as a hat you can wear while training...not really sure if that should be any different from the "sideline" hats though. I guess those are regular hats for guys standing around and not sweating a bunch :confused:.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I can't wait for them to just add a simple pinstripe to the Packers and Bears jerseys and to watch their fans freak out about it.

Please don't change the Packers or Bears jerseys
I am ridiculously nervous about the Raiders uniforms :ohdear:

Real hurthling! posted:

They have a jets one just like the vikings one
http://www.neweracap.co.uk/nfl-2012-goal-line-snap-new-york-jets-9fifty-snapback-prod10530282/

There's going to be one for a lot of teams - They call it the goal line snap series.
Apparently the Raiders declined that design as well :v:
http://www.neweracap.co.uk/nfl-2012-goal-line-snap-oakland-raiders-9fifty-snapback-prod10530281/
(and instead opted for what appears to be a huge logo)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Make the Bengals change their colors to something that isn't awful.
Orange owns and actually makes sense for a team called the Bengals.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

jordjevic posted:

Hey Cardinals: Why did you ever get rid of the state flag of Arizona on your jerseys?
i liked that. I'm okay with teams having a logo on their jersey just as long as it's not the same logo that's on the helmet.
State flag uniforms you say?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'm guessing Nike would argue they own the rights to 2012 season stuff (hence a Jets Tebow jersey being theirs) while Reebok is probably going off some specific date like "2012 season doesn't start until draft day/training camp/whatever in April" and just milking what they have left until then.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Schwack posted:

I guess it's a play on the "I love my Ducks" thing, but the imagery doesn't really work well here.
Does that one use the helmet or the Ducks logo?

...not that it'd make any more sense.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

crankdatbatman posted:

I Big Ben my Steelers
Steelers getting gray helmets?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Are the jerseys they're selling to fans all going to be snug fit too? Because if so :laffo:
I was wondering about that when I read about them earlier. My thought process was "I want a replica but snug fit probably wouldn't be pretty...those 'gameday' jerseys might not be a bad idea :raise:"

Then again apparently the Raiders were one of the teams that stuck with their old stuff :confused:

BlindSite posted:

I'd like to see the NFL troll everyone and have a game a year like the final pre-season game where Nike designs what they'd really like to do for every team.
It'd be like the Pro Bowl but with wacky new jerseys for more occasions! Preseason alternates, regular reasons, playoff alternates, and two lucky teams get Super Bowl alternates!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Quick team by team breakdown:
http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/04/04/team-by-team-breakdown-of-the-new-nikenfl-uniforms/

Sounds like metallic colors...aren't so metallic with the new fabric, such as (49ers):

quote:

Gold pants are now more of a matte mustard.
Which is probably why the Raiders stuck with their old uniforms (pants at least, not sure why on the jerseys), and apparently for the Eagles their green was hard to recreate.

Ehud posted:

Best logo in the NFL going to get betterer in 2013

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/miami_dolphins_consider_alteri.html
It took me a while to remember what their logo even looked like cause all I could think of was your (old) avatar.

smackfu posted:

Aren't they snug fit over pads though? It doesn't seem like they would fit anyone not in pads...
Well this is why they're generally huge in the first place, maybe the "snug" fit will just make them more normal sized on non padded folk.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Yeah I was hoping for crazy use of the green rather than just as an accent color.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Rap posted:

How Ehud marry a girl who dont care about football smh.

quote:

why bother changing it if we're still going to suck
Sounds like she knows enough :v:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

Man those new home seahawk uniforms are sick but I can't remember who made them-oh sweet there's giant nike logo on shouldah pahds. Awesome nike awesome nike awesomeness.

gently caress you Nike I wish you ill.
In case you ever forget who is making the shoes, they got you covered there too:

Parmesan Basil posted:

My wife doesn't like watching football but she likes the storylines and she likes watching fights. She also hates the Steelers so I did a good job.
...did she grow up watching pro wrestling?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

defiantgiant posted:

I always liked Reebok's mid-range jerseys. They weren't ridiculously expensive like the Authentic ones, but you get the most important feature, the tackle-twill numbers instead of the screenprinted ones that gradually crack and flake off over time.

I'll probably start putting some money away for an Elite jersey now, though. If Chicago ever signs Forte to a long-term deal, I'll buy an Elite #22 jersey that instant.
Were the names also in twill on those? Cause if that's the case I'm not sure how much of a reason I have to get the Elite other than knowing it's a real jersey. Hell on the Raiders page it doesn't show any features like the Dophins one linked earlier cause they didn't take any of the new uniform/fabric features :v:.

Edit: can't wait to see the sweatbox in action with regular people wearing them.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
The lack of sheen appears to be something with Nike's material going by the uniform article linked back around the announcement, might vary by color though. Like the metallic colors on various teams (that chose to go with the new material) looked dulled down.

Meanwhile I got an old clearance jersey for my birthday (Nnamdi :smith:), appears to be Reebok's mid level one. Looks decent, and I guess since there's only one color to the name/number it doesn't appear to have the screen printing/faked two tone thing mentioned earlier. If Nike's mid level jerseys are like it I'd be pretty happy. Going by the descriptions they seemed to have everything from the Elite except for the rain proofing...not sure how the different levels work for every team since not everyone went with the new materials.

Edit: looks like Nike put a FAQ up on the jersey differences:
http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/~/what%27s-the-difference-between-the-game,-limited-and-elite-nfl-jerseys%3F

quote:

Nike offers three types of NFL jerseys for sale: Elite, Limited, and Game.
Based on the Elite 51 uniform adopted by most NFL teams*, the Nike NFL Elite Jersey is Nike's premium game day jersey. The jersey features these elements:
Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit
Highly flexible premium twill numbers
Flywire strength resists stretch around the neck
Strategic ventilation over major heat zones
Water repelling fabric to stay lightweight all day
No-tag neck label for clean comfort
Hand crafted inside and out for lasting, premium comfort
Men's sizes 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60 ($250)
Available April 27
Seattle Seahawks Elite Jersey available for purchase on April 30.
* - Four teams opted for all of the Elite 51 transformation elements except for the Flywire collar - Cowboys, Patriots, Texans and Steelers). Five teams opted out of the Elite 51 transformation and kept the existing jersey design - Raiders, Packers, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers. The remaining 23 teams opted for the full Elite 51 transformation.

The Nike NFL Limited Jersey allows you to represent in premium game day style. The key elements include:
Tailored fit designed for movement
Flywire strength resists stretch around the neck
Strategic ventilation over major heat zones
Highly flexible premium twill numbers
Price $135.
Available June 29.

The Nike NFL Game Jersey lets you stay true to your team all day, everyday, game day. The key details are:
Tailored fit designed for movement
Silicon print numbers for a light and soft feel
Men's sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL ($100)
Men's extended sizes XXL, XXXL ($110)
Women's sizes XS, S, M, L, XL ($95)
Kid's GS, S, M, L, XL ($70)
Available on April 27 (pre-order April 15)
Seattle Seahawks Game Jersey available for purchase on April 30.

japtor fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 13, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'd wait and see if there's any other shortcuts with the mid level (apparently don't have a choice but to wait until June 29 :(), kind of wondering what "zoned stretch fabric for a close fit" vs "tailored fit designed for movement" means. Or if the flywire and heat zone things are on Limited jerseys for teams that don't have them on the Elite ones :psyduck:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I remember someone asked about shoes before, looks like there's two types, "NFL Dunk" (dunk? :psyduck:) high and low, not sure how to get to them other than going to the team pages first. They're also customizable to an extent if you don't like the given color layouts, stuck with the colors they give though.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Rasczak posted:

You'd be crazy to drop $250 on a Murray jersey. Nevermind that he only really looked good in just a handful of games while in tandem with Fiammetta, who by the way is no longer on the team. Hell, let's even ignore that he suffered a season-ending ankle injury with no guarantee that he'll come back 100%. Let's simply consider the mere fact that he's a RB with the shortest shelf life by position in the NFL.

I may have some regrets about the amount of money I dropped on Barber and Felix jerseys. :smith:
Wait till the jerseys go on clearance when they flame out or leave the team :v:. Maybe I'll get a McClain one when he ends up in jail for doing something stupid again :smithicide:

If I ever buy an Elite it'll be for Seabass.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

squarerandom posted:

Plus returns are free.
Sure there wasn't an asterisk somewhere pointing to paying shipping yourself?

Also I can't tell for sure, but it looks kinda like the Luck jerseys have Reebok tags on the shoulders. And do the Colts have different shades of blue alternates or are Tara-jersey's pictures just way off in color? Quick comparison with NFL shop:

Actually looking at official pics, the Nike ones don't have a box around the swoosh so that's Reebok. Maybe you'll get a swoosh with a box :v:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chimeric posted:

Is it me or does this knock-off Nike Elite not look quite right? At all?

Anyone know if the draft day jerseys were Elites (but with printed numbers/names)? Cause you could compare the fabric lines with this I guess:
http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/top-news/no-1-pick-andrew-luck-ready-to-start-over-in-indy/pSMBX/

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Boosh! posted:

NFL covering all bases

HERSHEY HI WAY
HERSHEYHIGHWAY
HERSHEYHIWAY
HERSHY HIGH WAY
But not HERSHEY HWY :ssh:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toussaint Louverture posted:

What do y'all think about the NFLPA resisting thigh and knee pads? Really stupid or just tremendously dumb?
If it's just like basic extra padding I don't think the protection is all that great with them in the first place, so I see why players would prefer to go without them. I guess if it's mandated for everyone the movement restriction applies all around so it's fair though.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Tim Tebow's concussion against Kentucky springs to mind, when he landed on an o-lineman's knee. Knees tend to hurt.
I'd be surprised if padding would make a difference in hits like that though.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

dunkman posted:

Are there any shoes that say "dunkman" on them? I need to know for research purposes.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any.

I'm partial to the "CHING CHONG" pair that kid has, with nice soft "sway day" material.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Front numbers aren't required in college football?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nystral posted:

Did you show him the 60's lions logo?

Japanese television tells me that Kimba is a White Lion so they much exist!
I can't tell if this is a joke or not...cause they do exist.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I don't like the Patriots uniforms right now. Maybe its just me but the material they're made out of looks like valeur or something. It all looks very soft and smooth and it just doesn't have the boldness the Reebok uniforms had.
I remember that being pointed out during the uniform reveal, it's just a limitation of the new material. Teams with shiny colors that switched over lost the shine basically, I suspect this is why the Raiders and Eagles (and a few other teams) didn't switch materials.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I want a Seabass jersey :colbert:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Either you're a USC fan or you suffer a brain disorder?
Gotta get Leinart and Mike Williams Raiders jerseys, and Justin Fargas if you need a RB.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Larry Horseplay posted:

Man, the Bears ones on that site are awful. Numbers are way too big on the back, way too small on the front, and the completely wrong lettering on the nameplate. The Bears have like one of the simplest uniforms in the league... how could you screw that up?
Number sizes/weights with Raider jerseys always seemed funky to me on those sites too, some have really thick huge numbers, others thinner and smaller.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Thought about picking one up last week but the logo size (Raiders) seemed overly large to me too. I guess on the white hat it doesn't look as big at least, since the white border on the logo isn't noticeable there.

Also I want a black and white/grayscale NFL logo on the back to match colors :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
That reminds me of this a few days ago:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/62421/shouldnt-uniforms-be-you-know-uniform

And my favorite comment in visual format:

Edit: Also an example of the less shiny material, really noticeable with the Lions pants:

japtor fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 5, 2012

• Locked thread