Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

nsaP posted:

Testing how to secure the load and what I'm going to use. For an overnight I think I can get away with something like this, more testing is in order.

All of that on the back is held down with 2 bungee cords and a strap for stability. I was kind of surprised how easy it was to strap up, but that backpack has a lot of places to tighten or attach to. I still need to experiment with other bags as well.

Naked FZ6? Luckily that bike has some pretty good mount points for straps/hooks. Look into a cargo net (can be had for like $5) to cover the loose stuff. Other than that, it looks fine.
Is your tank bag on backwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

PlasticSun posted:

Looks like a good stack.

I also used a nylon strap for a while to hold everything down, with the right technique it's way more secure than traditional bungees. It just sucks when you need to pull one thing off and put it back on again. If you can find a deal on them RokStraps are just if not more secure and can be engaged and disengaged in seconds but if you're not in a rush nylon straps are the way to go. Over the course of a long trip all of the constant motion will stretch out the bungees rendering then next to useless.
Yeah, it looks a bit tipped backwards as I look at the pic, but it was balanced riding. It might be hard to tell but I actually used the shoulder straps on the backpack to secure around the tent etc., so that's all one mass.

Good suggestion on the rokstraps, as I was packing it with the nylon straps I thought it was a bit too much hassle. I was actually planning on making my own straps that look pretty similar to the rokstraps, I might just buy those instead. Looking at the pictures on the site, that's almost exactly what I was planning on making myself, except I didn't think to use elastic, I was just going to use nylon straps. Fabric stores have elastic, straps, and buckles pretty cheap tho so I'll have to see. If it's twice the price to buy them made I'll probably just make them myself.

Pope Mobile posted:

Naked FZ6? Luckily that bike has some pretty good mount points for straps/hooks. Look into a cargo net (can be had for like $5) to cover the loose stuff. Other than that, it looks fine.
Is your tank bag on backwards?

Perhaps it is not my tank bag that is backwards, but your perspective in life...

Nah yeah it probably is, I actually use it on the tail more often and I don't know what way is right. That way fits better on the bike tho. The way the tank is leaned forward it doesn't want to say back at all, and with the flat side forward the horn/starter hit the bag on lock really bad. They still can touch with it that way, but it's better.

I have a cargo net I use for around town, it'll be stashed for odd jobs like you said. Nothing is really loose now though. Like I said above, the tent/chair/pad are all tightened into the backpack, with a couple of bungees threaded inbetween and crossed (one connects front left and back right, and vice versa). If I lose one thing I'm losing it all I think.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2012

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
blugu64, maybe your TA is a POS but mine rocks and I'm not giving it up for anything.

Here we are fully loaded:

DR-Z400SM (with S wheelset for the trip) and XLV600 Transalp

And here's everything set up:

Advice (realized after years of trial and error):

-Bringing a tarp has proven to be a life saver in keeping things relatively dry (when you're in wet country)

-Try to keep the load on the bikes low and forward - it helps keep the front wheel on the ground.

-Rok straps are far superior to bungees - spend the money.

-Putting all your poo poo in one waterproof duffle (like our big rear end Ortliebs) is preferable to lots of little poo poo that can fall off or get wet independently. In my duffle I have the tent, poles, pegs, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, tarp, chairs (yes we bring chairs), and whatever else fits (usually my non-riding jacket or a bottle of wine, etc.)

We usually carry enough food for a few days and either cook over the fire (using this: http://www.campfiregrill.com/index.htm) or our little stove (http://www.snowpeak.com/stoves/backpacking/gigapower-manual-stove-gs-100.html) and stop at local markets to restock food and alcohol when necessary.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
One of those waterproof duffles will be a sure purchase for me in the future. While I'm still figuring things out I thought I could get away without it, and I have a tarp stashed away in case a downpour comes along that I wasn't prepared for.

I was curious if you had any tips for what size of the duffels worked out well? It looks like there are two different sizes you have there, or is that a camera trick? Thanks for listing what you could fit into it, what size was that one?

I almost bought one earlier when wandering around bass pro but I decided to wait until I had some experience putting stuff in it, and I'm glad I did. I think I was looking at bags half the size of those or less.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

nsaP posted:

I was curious if you had any tips for what size of the duffels worked out well? It looks like there are two different sizes you have there, or is that a camera trick? Thanks for listing what you could fit into it, what size was that one?
You see correctly, my bag is the XL Rack Pack and I'm pretty sure hers is a large or maybe even medium. You can see the options here: http://www.bikebagshop.com/ortlieb-rack-packs-c-35.html The nice things about these bags is that if you don't fill them up you can cinch them down a lot smaller so there's no wasted space.

I actually splurged and bought myself the same bag in red over the winter because it matched my bike better than the yellow - I know it's lame but I hardly ever buy myself something new. I got the yellow one in the pics used from the ADV flea market like most everything else I own. I highly recommend the flea market because there's a bunch of guys with way too much disposable income who sell expensive things that have been hardly used. And if it doesn't work for you, you can usually sell it for close to what you paid.

As I said before, we're still fine tuning the camping setup. Since the pics I posted (last June) we've switched out our chairs for smaller lighter ones, our sleeping mats from the Big Agnes to the Exped (the BA kept losing air overnight) and rearranged who carries what (I now have the pot set and the cooler in my Pelicans).

Oh yeah, and for the DR-Z, TCI Products makes a great rear rack: https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=144_166_186 it's a bit pricey but the quality is amazing and it keeps soft panniers off your exhaust and out of your wheels.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I bought one of these for my DRZ400SM for my side bags, its cheap and bolts directly to the frame and comes with all hardware. I have it in conjunction with the OEM rack (which I was concerned it wasnt going to fit on) and it worked great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-DRZ4...07e7c0e&vxp=mtr

Offer like 75 and he'll bite. :)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe this is the place for it - share your camping techniques as well as how you pack poo poo?

I mean, I always bring a tarp, but with my current tent I end up using it for ground cover so I don't punch through the tent floor in the middle of the night. Tent itself is waterproof enough that when it's been rained on I stay pretty much dry. But how do you rig a tarp overhead?

Also cheesebot it looks like you're on a gravel-pad type site. What kind of pegs do you use? Should I bring a hammer to drive pegs, or is the backside of a hatchet ok?

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
We eventually ended up with the MSR Groundhog stakes (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...V3VS8PVDV2DPWEM) and they have been awesome. They're light, strong, and won't bend. A hatchet would be fine for banging them in or a log if you don't carry one. We've used these in all sorts of ground from mud to sand to rocks without trouble.

If there is a footprint available for your tent I'd recommend getting that and using you tarp for overhead duties.

That remind me of another tip: don't carefully fold up you tent and poo poo when you pack. Just stuff it all in its bag (fly first, then tent, then footprint; the order you'll need to set it up when you unpack). This avoids getting regular creases in your stuff and packs smaller and faster. As long as you don't leave it stuffed for too long everything will be fine when you take it out.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cheesebot posted:

blugu64, maybe your TA is a POS but mine rocks and I'm not giving it up for anything.

Here we are fully loaded:

DR-Z400SM (with S wheelset for the trip) and XLV600 Transalp

I really like your saddlebag setup--where did you get those? I'm looking for something to throw on my Bonneville for a trip in July. Since I'll be going from the San Francisco area up to western Washington, I guess I should also get one of those waterproof duffels.

I've been watching Adventure Prone (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAdventureProne) lately; have any of you tried sleeping in the open like they do? I don't think it would be an option if I am camping in southern Oregon on this trip, but I'm thinking of future trips in drier climes.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Pham Nuwen posted:

I really like your saddlebag setup--where did you get those? I'm looking for something to throw on my Bonneville for a trip in July. Since I'll be going from the San Francisco area up to western Washington, I guess I should also get one of those waterproof duffels.

I'm not sure which you're referring to but I have Pelican 1550 boxes mounted on Happy Trails racks on the Transalp and my girlfriend has Wolfman Expedition Dry bags on the DRZ (http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedition/expd_dry_saddle_bags.html) mounted on the aforementioned TCI Products rack. She has since switched her bags to the Enduristan Monsoon bags (http://www.enduristan.com/en/products/monsoon.html) which are larger and work easier with our setup. They're expensive but, as usual, we picked them up used for much cheaper.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Oh yeah forgot to post. Did a little trip, went from Cincinnati to Louisville for the day Friday, then skipped over to the Red River Gorge that evening to meet up with people Saturday. Good little weekend trip. A bit farther than I was planning on doing for my first, but whatever. A downside was that it was very impromptu, so most of my miles were highway. Naked at 77-80 mph at 7-8k on this bike was not pleasant....the vibrations...

1 down, rest of life to go

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Thanks to everyone who posted their set ups and advice by the way

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I still havent been able to go camping this summer yet, but maybe someday :allears:

I'm kind of locked into state parks that charge a fee. That's fine but most of them are all snatched up already. Is it possible to "crash" one of these places by showing up on a bike and verifying you'd leave a very small footprint?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
No primitive camping there? I'll try to avoid proper sites as much as I can. I hiked all that stuff 1/4 mile in 1 trip. Maybe facilities are the way to go but I'd rather get away from curfews and RVs.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

nsaP posted:

No primitive camping there? I'll try to avoid proper sites as much as I can. I hiked all that stuff 1/4 mile in 1 trip. Maybe facilities are the way to go but I'd rather get away from curfews and RVs.

This is appealing to me, but I've not had the balls to go a weekend without a shitter and a shower yet.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

nsaP posted:

I'd love to do this but I don't know where those campsites are :downs:

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008
Is it painfully stupid to try camping without tents? Uncle and I decided to do the 'proper' travelling experience and avoid hotels if at all possible. We've got airbed/sleeping bag things, and he reckons we'll get away with just that as 'it's summer'. I'm struggling to convince myself that it won't rain at all, and that the temperature at night will be ok in a sleeping bag. We're going to go for a hotel once we hit the alps though.

Points to note: Europe in August, side-of-the-road stop wherever looks nice and France/Germany/Italy/Switzerland -> Croatia route.

I'm thinking of this tent (one each) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3402052.htm#pdpProductReviews

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Tents don't just offer protection from the elements, they also protect you from bugs and give you some semblance of privacy.

Even without bugs, you're going to get wet almost every morning from dew.

No way in hell I would camp without at least basic tent.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

_Dav posted:

Is it painfully stupid to try camping without tents? Uncle and I decided to do the 'proper' travelling experience and avoid hotels if at all possible. We've got airbed/sleeping bag things, and he reckons we'll get away with just that as 'it's summer'. I'm struggling to convince myself that it won't rain at all, and that the temperature at night will be ok in a sleeping bag. We're going to go for a hotel once we hit the alps though.

Points to note: Europe in August, side-of-the-road stop wherever looks nice and France/Germany/Italy/Switzerland -> Croatia route.

I'm thinking of this tent (one each) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3402052.htm#pdpProductReviews

Most of the pop up tents are still pretty big packed down (they usually pack down into a big circle). If you want to go as light (or cheap) as possible look for a single trekking pole or extendable ski pole, many outdoor shops will offer them at stupid low prices if you just want 1 or don't care about a matching set. If you plant 1 or two of those into the ground you can throw a tent over them and stake or weight down the tarp. It's a pain in the rear end to get in and out of this setup and you're still sleeping on the ground vs a tent floor but it's a fairly cheap solution to keep the rain off of you.

If you were camping in deserts I'd say you don't really need a tent other than to keep dust, and sand out of your gear, I have no idea what weather is like in europe in the summer but I'd imagine they get rain.

If you're not claustrophobic you can get a bivy sack which is a waterproof shell that goes over your sleeping bag so if it does open up at night you not soaked.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Enjoy a lovely cell pic of the setup from my most recent trip.

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.

PlasticSun posted:

All this camping talk has got me itching for spring, if any of you find yourselves in CO hit me up I know a handful of great moto-camping spots

I'd like to "try out" some dual-sport camping. Do you have any suggestions near Denver that are maybe easier to get to? Also, maybe where you don't need to ride on i70?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

PlasticSun posted:

Most of the pop up tents are still pretty big packed down (they usually pack down into a big circle). If you want to go as light (or cheap) as possible look for a single trekking pole or extendable ski pole, many outdoor shops will offer them at stupid low prices if you just want 1 or don't care about a matching set. If you plant 1 or two of those into the ground you can throw a tent over them and stake or weight down the tarp. It's a pain in the rear end to get in and out of this setup and you're still sleeping on the ground vs a tent floor but it's a fairly cheap solution to keep the rain off of you.

If you were camping in deserts I'd say you don't really need a tent other than to keep dust, and sand out of your gear, I have no idea what weather is like in europe in the summer but I'd imagine they get rain.

If you're not claustrophobic you can get a bivy sack which is a waterproof shell that goes over your sleeping bag so if it does open up at night you not soaked.

I stayed pretty drat dry using my $6 emergency tent during a huge rain storm on my last trip:

This was literally just a string and a tube shaped piece of plastic. If the rain had come w/ a bunch of wind I would have been pretty screwed. I didn't want to carry my tent because I thought we were going to end up in motels (ended up camping both nights). Luckily the 2nd night we were back on the dry side of the state and I was able to sleep out on the grass of a sweet state park right on the columbia river. I hate bivy sacks and I just need to keep an eye out for a good light 1+ tent that is cheap.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

axia posted:

I'd like to "try out" some dual-sport camping. Do you have any suggestions near Denver that are maybe easier to get to? Also, maybe where you don't need to ride on i70?

Well there's a few options that are "close" to Denver. My main suggestion would be Four Mile Recreation Area. It's down by Buena Vista about 2 - 2 1/2 hours south of Denver. No I-70 required. It's a big public recreation park with loads of 4x4 trails of every difficulty and lots of fast hard gravel in the south park valley.

There's plenty of established camping spots out there, I've marked one on this map.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...sz=12&via=1&z=9

Elkhorn road is a nice bypass of 285 that's all hard packed dirt that goes through open valleys.

An alternative to this that's closer but likely to be more crowded is the South Platte River / Lost Creek Wilderness. Also dosen't require any I-70. You head down towards Sedalia and then over Rampart Range, take the dirt bypass to the south platte river canyon. The river canyon road is paved with nice corners and there's camping along the river although spots fill up fast. The road dead ends in Deckers but you can take CO-67 a short ways and hop back onto the dirt at the entrance to Cheeseman Resivour. This route has a long hard packed dirt road with some washboard that moves through a large burn area (Hayman Fire). There's some good camping along or off the road here or you can stay on the road all the way to the Terryall Resivour and camp around there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...t=v&mra=ps&z=10

Lost Creek

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

n8r posted:

Soggy looking ground/wet plastic picture.

Words

It's pricey but for it's size and weight I bought the Cabela's XPG "ultralight" tent

The selling points for me were:
It rolled up small enough to fit inside the tailpack of my cortech sportbag, and had enough room for an extra tarp, and my sleeping bag.

I bought it to go to the MotoGP races and it survived the last vestiges of hurricane Ike as it rolled through, it was still standing when i got back, and nothing inside was wet.

Weighs less than 7 pounds(though not by much)

Oh and I bought the 3 person setup(and it all still fits).

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Solitaire-Tent-sleeps-1/dp/B000EQCVNY

I have one of these, the 'Eureka Solitaire'.

Its cheap and it gets the job done. I haven't used it on a bike yet, but it packs up pretty small and its stupid light for the price. I have used it a few times, been rained on with a good solid rain and been fine. Its small though, you will literally fit yourself, and if you are short some gear at your head/feet. Its small enough that it will be difficult to do much more than sleep inside it. You won't be sitting upright reading, and changing clothes takes a bit of a squirming about. The top of it unzips completely though, so you can enter/exit it from the top.

Something I like to do is take the tent, a good plastic tarp, and some bungee cords. I pack the tent into its bag, wrap the tarp around the bag like some kind of burrito, and then use the bungee cords to hold it all together. When I get to my site, I set up the tent between two trees and use the tarp, bungee and some string/stakes to make a little 'porch' overhang for sun shade and such. Has worked pretty well backpacking before and I intend to try it when I actually motorcycle camp.

I'll see if I can post an example of what I am talking about after I dig around in my garage.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
I have a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1. I bought the previous model from REI Outlet for $130 with the footprint. It's a great tent but it is small, even for a one person tent. I'm 6'3" and while I do fit, it's pretty cozy. No room for gear inside unless you plan on sleeping on top of it. It's very light and packs down very small.

Steep and Cheap has tents pretty often. It's an outlet for Backcountry.com.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
If anyone's looking for a tent I've got an MSR Zoid 1.5 that I don't think I need anymore, I could part with it for $40 plus shipping (it's about the size of a loaf of bread). If there's interest I can post some pics etc. It's used and the main pole has been repaired a few times but for a 1 man tent it's pretty great.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/msr_zoid_1_5_gg.html

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it soon. Also, awesome shot!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Goddamnit I need to get back out to Colorado :unsmith:

needknees fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 23, 2012

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
I've got some questions for those with saddlebags. Who makes some good ones for a sportbike? I've heard some models can scratch the finish, so I'd like to avoid those. Also, have you had any problems with people going through your stuff while you're inside a store or restaurant? I'd be a little paranoid about that.

btw: Lots of good info in here, especially the hammock suggestion. Going to have to try that out. Thanks!

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

xd posted:

I've got some questions for those with saddlebags. Who makes some good ones for a sportbike? I've heard some models can scratch the finish, so I'd like to avoid those. Also, have you had any problems with people going through your stuff while you're inside a store or restaurant? I'd be a little paranoid about that.

btw: Lots of good info in here, especially the hammock suggestion. Going to have to try that out. Thanks!

Many models will have soft guards on the inside of the bags to protect your paint. I know mine do. I've never had anyone mess with my stuff, but it's a possibility. The best way to protect against that would be to get lockable hard bags. Or, you just take the risk.

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008
Whenever I'm out and about abroad, I tend to try to have the bike in eye-line. Can you imagine getting all your poo poo nicked when you're entirely dependent on your bike? Also, you can get those anti-scratch foamy sheets to put on any contact point, I got a roll in a pound shop last time I needed it. You can also cut up an old inner tube and use that over the contact points.

Anyone have any good resources for non-campsite camping in the EU? I'm struggling to wade through advrider for the info that I need..

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Norway is free to camp anywhere within reason and you need to clean up after yourself, Netherlands is a big no no. That's the extent of my knowledge.

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

KARMA! posted:

Norway is free to camp anywhere within reason and you need to clean up after yourself, Netherlands is a big no no. That's the extent of my knowledge.

We're mainly going France-Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Croatia. My logic is pretty much what you said: In and out, quick and quiet with no mess or trace left behind. My only worry is actually getting off the road with my bike, it's not exactly made for offroading. I suppose 20m through grass should be ok...

Belflek
Feb 7, 2007
Has anyone tried out http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?
Having some folks uploading thier gpx files with landmarks, camping areas and gas stations and brothels would be pretty sweet for those of us to lazy to make our own, or not bought our gps yet.
I just started my camping build out on my klr with hard panniers, crash bar. Own a large tent so I may save the $$ for a smaller one
list so far

smaller tent
cooking jet
pots and pans
utensils
sleeping mat
pillow
sleeping bag
small chair - (Probably spring for a Kermit chair)
lamp
multi tool
SPOT help
missing anything?

Belflek fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 25, 2012

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Belflek posted:

Has anyone tried out http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?
Having some folks uploading thier gpx files with landmarks, camping areas and gas stations and brothels would be pretty sweet for those of us to lazy to make our own, or not bought our gps yet.
I just started my camping build out on my klr with hard panniers, crash bar. Own a large tent so I may save the $$ for a smaller one
list so far

smaller tent
cooking jet
pots and pans
utensils
sleeping mat
pillow
sleeping bag
small chair - (Probably spring for a Kermit chair)
lamp
multi tool
SPOT help
missing anything?

The kermit chair doesn't pack down small (about 22" long), is heavy and is kind of a pain IMO, if you really want a chair I'm a fan of these:

http://www.backcountry.com/byer-of-maine-the-trilite-folding-stool

It's the size of a collapsed umbrella and and just right for for most chair needs. Not the best for long hours lounging but great for just chilling around a fire or eating off the ground. Also 1/4 the price of a Kermit. Not built for big people though, if you're much over 220lbs get something sturdier.

These aren't bad either if you just want some padding but I prefer the stool.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have Fieldsheer Expander saddlebags, but they're discontinued. They hold a ton of stuff. Not a fan of the top opening, though. I wish it was a dual zipper rathern than a single. They came with removable soft sides that prevent scratching on the paint.
I've heard good things about Nelson Rigg and Cortech/Tourmaster bags, too.

I substitute a pillow with a stuff sack of clothing.
I picked up a tri-pod chair from Wholesale Sports for about $5 a few summers ago. It's about as long as my saddlebags, and I just strap it to the top of one.
This is actually the exact model I have. The little rubber feet came off, but that's not an issue to me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Pope Mobile posted:

I have Fieldsheer Expander saddlebags, but they're discontinued. They hold a ton of stuff. Not a fan of the top opening, though. I wish it was a dual zipper rathern than a single. They came with removable soft sides that prevent scratching on the paint.
I've heard good things about Nelson Rigg and Cortech/Tourmaster bags, too.

I substitute a pillow with a stuff sack of clothing.
I picked up a tri-pod chair from Wholesale Sports for about $5 a few summers ago. It's about as long as my saddlebags, and I just strap it to the top of one.
This is actually the exact model I have. The little rubber feet came off, but that's not an issue to me.

hey butt cup buddy!
I have the same one and it stays nicely bungied to the frame of my Goldwing or to the front forks under the headlight. I didn't used to require a chair but the last couple years my knees have been killing me.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
Going old school camping this weekend with a bunch of dirt bike hooligans in Pachaug, CT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

cheesebot posted:

Going old school camping this weekend with a bunch of dirt bike hooligans in Pachaug, CT

I dig those old school hard bags.

• Locked thread