Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
aaaaaarggghhh spell trees the right right way what the hells up with that apostrophe aahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I've got a self inflating mattress of about an inch thick. It doesn't really self inflate, but you're not going to spend hours blowing either. You don't want to grab something that's less thick than that though, you need to get it pretty hard if you don't want to touch the ground. And yes, that means it'll bulge a bit.

Don't get foam. They just take up too much space imho.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Norway is free to camp anywhere within reason and you need to clean up after yourself, Netherlands is a big no no. That's the extent of my knowledge.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
You don't necessarily need a tiny 1 or 2 person tent. A friend of mine travelled with an older 4 person tent that did not take up that much extra room, but he did have ample room to store all his stuff in it when erected and was able to stand up. I was a bit jealous.

I took a fleece vest with me that doubled as a pillow. Worked like a charm.

Also, pack as light as you can. Any pound/kilogram spared saves you a lot of headache. You don't need to get superfancy here; you're travelling in the developed world with stores that sells anything you might have missed.

As far as gear goes, I don't really think you need to go all out on the research here. I usaed a sleeping bag and one of those 3cm thick self inflated mats. My previous mentioned friend had a full sized air mattress, a compressor he could power from the bike and some sheets. Though he did confess it took up more space than he wanted.

Anyways, go read up on advrider on all kinds of little tidbits that'll help you get in the spirit of things.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Those old timey voices always sound so sarcastic. I have a lot of trouble correctly deciphering that video.

• Locked thread