Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Goddamnit I need to get back out to Colorado :unsmith:

needknees fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Can someone recommend a decent mid weight down sleeping bag and good ground pad that pack pretty small? Like normal I'm waiting till the last minute to get things ready for my trip to Colorado coming up in 2 weeks...

I have a giant loop coyote bag that will be going on my KTM 690 so space is somewhat at a premium. Between the coyote, a small tankbag, and my kreiga r35 I have a fair amount of space but bulky items are a pain. I've considered getting the bigger great basin bag but think money would be better spent on quality camping gear that fits in my current bag...

PS if anyone has good recommendations for routes it'd be appreciated :). Got a decent amount of time off this go around so my goal of finally seeing southwest Colorado will finally be realized! I'll be in golden Friday july 12 through 14 for a friend's wedding, then have the 15th-19th to mess around. Other than riding Mt. Evans again (this time to the summit! Road was closed last time I was there only made it to the lake) and Pike's peak, my only other destination is US550... And a fun way to get down there and back.

Can't wait to see mountains again! gently caress iowa :suicide:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Summer in the mountains so 30-40* bag would be ideal if maybe a little on the warm side. Mainly concerned with how well it packs down.

Will take a look at the exped mats, thanks!

• Locked thread