Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Sorry I haven't been on, I haven't had much time to play. I have a three-day weekend this week so I should be on to grind. I'll update this post on Fridayish with my account stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ohhhh shiit wrong thread!

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Waffle and I are starting a couple of level 1 characters this weekend if anyone else is interested in leveling new Hibs on live. :)

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
if anyone is on albion live send a shout over on Gnusong, I usually run nights and can help whenever possible

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I think I've seen you running around. I've been running a minstrel and cleric. nousername has been on a sorc and armsman!!!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Oh no. Waffles died in the first bg!!!

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

PriNGLeS posted:

Oh no. Waffles died in the first bg!!!
Better to start early? :D There's an insane Minstrel in Thid who just kept trolling us, too.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I enjoyed our 2 minute emote fest with you last night before running off

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

nousername posted:

I enjoyed our 2 minute emote fest with you last night before running off
You guys should just come back to Hib. :colbert: We run Otherworlds pretty much every weekend so that's easy, although getting DF gear on Hibland requires some serious miracles and/or lots and lots of plat.

I still smile in the Goon house seeing all of the trophies goons collected. :3:

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

LoreOfSerpents posted:

You guys should just come back to Hib. :colbert: We run Otherworlds pretty much every weekend so that's easy, although getting DF gear on Hibland requires some serious miracles and/or lots and lots of plat.

I still smile in the Goon house seeing all of the trophies goons collected. :3:

May do this thing if I can get my idiot friend to re-up also so I can get my Mephit Fangs that he "Borrowed" and then let his sub lapse :|

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ML10 weapons are like 5-10p now.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Stay alb its the jammy-ist of the realms. What ML10 weapons are you looking for I may just have them

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
gently caress you Waffles, you murdered my scout in cold blood.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
If anyone is interested, we're running a Hib OW Prologue - Ch9 raid on Saturday at 4pm PST / 7pm EST / midnight UTC. :)

PriNGLeS posted:

gently caress you Waffles, you murdered my scout in cold blood.

Wait, what scout and when?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Awhile ago. In Molvik. Some bard named Wafflles or something of that nature.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

PriNGLeS posted:

Awhile ago. In Molvik. Some bard named Wafflles or something of that nature.
I think Wafflles is an Alb. GoonWaffle doesn't have any Molvik bards, but there are at least 3 Hibs out there who use Waffle names, plus at least one Alb who uses a similar name.

Sorry, the wrong Waffle got your RPs. :(

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
It's okay, I ended up killing him and the animist he was with.

Went up to him and unstealthed and /waved. So rude.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

a

Hardbody Jones fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 6, 2016

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
It will relaunch. Even Blue and his ultra-anal German-ness gets to the point where he just says gently caress it and it's good enough. Though I suspect that's mostly because his staff just gets utterly fed up and threatens to quit.

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
I opened the trial but I'm completely lost with my old 50's. What is a good class to start from scratch to refamiliarize with the game while I decide if I want too continue or not?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Probably a Hib caster. Some guy named Herorius regularly runs zergs on hib.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Shadokin posted:

I opened the trial but I'm completely lost with my old 50's. What is a good class to start from scratch to refamiliarize with the game while I decide if I want too continue or not?

Pick your realm based on your peak activity time:
If you plan on running in EU time (US daytime): Hibernia. As PriNGLeS mentioned, Herorius runs almost every day for EU, and the European Hibs are very laid back, so it's good practice for getting reacquainted with abilities.
If you plan on running in US primetime: Maybe Midgard? I've heard they're nice to returning players. Hibernia gets really quiet after the EUs log out, although Waffle and I can help you out there. Hib primetime RvR is hit-or-miss until late evening, when all of the zergs are done and it's mostly just 8-mans.
If you plan on stealther action: Albion has stealth groups/mini-zergs that seem like they'd be fun.

For classes, I can only speak to Hibernia, so hopefully someone who plays Mid or Alb can speak to those:
Caster: Lurikeen Eldritch or Mentalist are the big Hib casters for 50 RvR
Melee: Hero is the big one. Champions are also really good at 1-on-1s but it can be harder for them to get grouped. Champs also miss the climbing ability which is basically the best part of playing a Hero.
Stealth: Lurikeen Ranger (recommend spending some time in Molvik for giggles)
Healer: DRUID FOR LIFE (also Wardens are nice)

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
Play time would pretty much be early morning pacific time as I work nights.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate them!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Shadokin posted:

Play time would pretty much be early morning pacific time as I work nights.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate them!

Right on, Hibernia would be your best bet, then. The European crowd is fun and you'll have plenty of realmmates around. If you want an invite to the goon guild on Hib just let me know. It's small at the moment, but we're in a large alliance with lots of activity.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

b

Hardbody Jones fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 6, 2016

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So how active are you hib goons on live, especially on weekday evenings?

I'm bored of everything again and considering coming back if I have 7 free days.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

So how active are you hib goons on live, especially on weekday evenings?

I'm bored of everything again and considering coming back if I have 7 free days.

I'm on nearly every night during the week (usually after 7PM PST) and on for most of the weekend when it isn't sleep time. No, really, I'm not an addict!

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
Whats your name in game Butta?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Shadokin posted:

Whats your name in game Butta?

/who Waffle and look for anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep guild. Lately I've been on Wafflerunnyn, Wafflesmashyn, or Waffletrekkyn usually.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

I leveled up a Skald on Mid: Ziad.

Also, someone mentioned buying plat, which site does everyone use?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

flare posted:

I leveled up a Skald on Mid: Ziad.

Also, someone mentioned buying plat, which site does everyone use?

Try buying your own plat by leveling up an afk bonedancer.

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
Took an eld too 50. I didn't stall out in any of the bgs as I found it too be really frustrating too be bg gear vrs the people fully template out.

My cousin reactivated and I don't get too play with him often so I'm considering leveling up a melee character while running a bard for the songs. Would that be better then a druid for higher level buffs? Would probably be using a hero with it. Going too be playing a dual nightshade setup with him when we can play togethor.

The game is still really fun but slightly frustrating too get back into. I managed to get the supplies quest done enough too take me up to 8k bounty. Torn between artifacts or master levels first. Any thoughts?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

Shadokin posted:

My cousin reactivated and I don't get too play with him often so I'm considering leveling up a melee character while running a bard for the songs. Would that be better then a druid for higher level buffs? Would probably be using a hero with it. Going too be playing a dual nightshade setup with him when we can play togethor.

For straight up buffs you aren't going to beat a druid buffbot. If you are looking for something to dual box while leveling, you will love having a bard with endo + speed.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

From Hib NF last night:

quote:

[Region] Vallint: fgm bout to leave Nott.
[Region] Skiddlez: no theyre Nott
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: Oh Jarl they are.
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: ...I'll see myself out.
[Region] Skiddlez: wanna bled on it?
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: I'd be Glen to.
[Region] Skiddlez: Arv you sure?
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: That's a Bold thing to ask.
[Region] Skiddlez: well ill just Cruach-on over and find out myself
[Region] Tanabe: im on the Fens about this whole pun thing
Edit: Only Vallint in that exchange was not a Cultie. :)

ggschmitty posted:

If you are looking for something to dual box while leveling, you will love having a bard with endo + speed.

Definitely. A warden bot is also fantastic for the damage add/celerity/bubble/heal regen availability.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
When playing a melee class nothing beats a Bard bot following you around. End regen and small heals to top you off between fights is the best you can get.
A shaman bot would arguably be even better by adding spec buffs if you don't care too much about speed while grinding in one location.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Uthgard Open Beta starts May 7th

http://uthgard.org/

http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=35885

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

it's hapenningggggggggggggg

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll be doing mid or hib for beta, and definitely albion on live.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Alb here as well when it goes live. As much as I would like to love the other realms, Alb always brings me back somehow. Beta I will likely go Hib because Lurikeen :3

Necro for easy solo play here I am guessing, Cabby for tri-spec RvR ownage, probably Sarc Thrust Arms for a melee character, just for the sheer fun of peeps thinking I am a scout.

Would double-autotrain a Paladin but gently caress that noise trying to level, especially solo. No chants or slash until level 48? And no Det for RvR? Newp! But for PvE they'd be a monster! 50 shield, 48 chant, 34 slash, 13 parry! I am thinking with that kind of spec you don't really give a gently caress about their damage output, so best race would be either Saracen for better blocking, or Briton for better all-round. Temptation would be there for higher con/str as Highlander, and having 50 in shield to make up for your lack of dex.

Edit: If you really wanted to try to make a RvR monster with solo capability as a Paladin, 50 2-handed, 48 chant, 34 slash and 13 parry would be pretty nasty. Highlander with +10 Str, Con, Qui.

Double edit: Looks like they'll be perma-banning anyone who uses a macro to twist as a Paladin. gently caress playing a Paladin then, that poo poo is annoying as gently caress. I'd rather go for a Reaver or Armsman. Especially if Polearm damage is fixed properly.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Gonna play the poo poo outta this beta server!

• Locked thread