Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I'm considering resubscribing to this game now that there is some sort of goon presence but I don't know what hib class to play. I really don't have a preference to play style so whatever is needed most I am down to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Well I resubbed and made a celt vampiir as I have never played that class before. Got to level 24 in about 2 hours and I now have xp turned off so I can gain some realm points. In game name is Ralc if anybody wants to get in on some thid action. Also my steam name is the same as my forums name.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Bloodbath posted:

I want to get a Nightshade to 24 and play in the battlegrounds :) Are the BG quests the fastest way or is there a quicker way, and will the BP gear i can buy be suitable or am I going to get my arse kicked? Also are there buff npcs in Thidranki? :) I haven't played for like 7 years and it's weird to get used to the game again :)

If you are brand new to the game it is probably best to do all the quests in the the starting towns. Not only do you learn the mechanics of the he from all the tutorial npcs but you also get some good gear and money.
If you want to level up as fast as possible go to the battlegrounds and do the kill quests over and over. Be sure to ask in region if there are any xp groups going as there is absolutely no benefit to doing them alone.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

All the expansions are in fact free, you only pay the monthly fee now.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Anybody happen to have a good druid template? I'm getting to the level where I need to start working towards getting equipped for end game stuff.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Thanks a lot for the druid template ButtaKnife. I have purchased all the artifacts and just need to work on getting all the other gear now.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I'm down for dragon stuff on my 49 druid.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Somebody mentioned needing a cloudsong earlier today in guild chat and it reminded me of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBVffM8IlM

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Here are a few more screenshots I took.

http://i.imgur.com/OMPi3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QswG8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NFDbl.jpg

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Wish I could come but I'm moving this weekend and probably wont be able to attend unless it is later in the day.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Tooter posted:

I'm trying to recover my old account. drat this thread making me want to heal some groups again. I'm fairly certain I have some characters on hib. If I don't, however, which would be better to heal warden or druid?

Druid is the main healer class so they will heal better. Wardens are more of a hybrid class that can do healing and buffing as well as melee damage.
I play a druid right now and I really like it but if you want to play a more active part in combat play warden.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Squiggoth posted:

If anyone wants to start a new character, I'd love to duo Druid with you. I don't want to hassle with xp groups if I don't have to. I can do it several ways, including saving all leveling for times when we're both on. I'm a 6-12pm EST, weekends all the time kind of guy, so hit me up in game -- Classylady, Squiggoth, Squiggothian are my 3 characters. And solo'ing is really not my thing. My druid's name is Squiggothy. I will try to get her to 10 and in Mag Mell, so that'd be a good place to start working together.
I'll make a firbolg hero or an elf champ and level with you. Not sure which one I should go though.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Squiggoth posted:

Ralc, you just d/c'ed a few seconds after creating, and haven't seen you. Let me know what time you will play so I can be on.

Sorry about that, my power went out and I had to mess with some wiring and stuff, took like 2 hours. I might get on later tonight but I have people coming so we will see. Otherwise I will be on a lot tomorrow I imagine.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

concerned mom posted:

What do I do at 45? Cathal seems to get me ganked every 30 seconds!
Go do glass quests in Atlantis and hit 50 then do some real RvR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Squiggoth posted:

Yesterday was some pretty fun leveling in the 10-15 and 15-20 battlegrounds. We had 1 hero (Ral) and 5 healers (druids and bards). Some were in Cult, some were just pick ups.

The leveling was freaking fast as hell, no joke. And we killed 6-7 Albs and a few Mids. My shining moment of awesomeness was doing figure 8s kiting a guy while the other dudes whooped on him for about 20 seconds.

Fantastic. It settled which old school, awesome game I'll be spending time and money on.

Yah dude we raped some Albs last night. Good fun to be had in this guild.

• Locked thread