Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I'm going to come join you in Hib for at least 14 days, as soon as I can.

Account manager still down. [if this is a problem for you just hit refresh]

e: Also the Herald died a while ago.

e2: In-game name is Angrymother, or usually anything that starts with a G (due to forced name changes I can't remember what exactly). I am always down to help out new people with some cash and tips, feel free to message me.

Message us ingame we are always excited to have new goons, more and more are showing up

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

LoreOfSerpents posted:

This seems to happen periodically, unfortunately. Hopefully you get lucky one of these tries.

Oh god drat it all I had to do was press refresh once.

Loading up right now, will look for one of you guys in game.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Did some level 50 rvr tonight for the first time in at least a year or two. Used a terrible character that wasn't even templated properly on the classic server I imported it from, specced as best I could remember, didn't remember anything past 1-3 on my quickbar, and I didn't even have a group for most of it.

And it was still the most fun I've had pvping in any mmo since the last time I played DaoC.

e: Also, shorten this

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Which realm should I choose?
It depends on what you're looking for. Albion is based on Arthurian mythology and is the most populated realm during North American prime time. Midgard is based on Norse mythology and has an average population. Hibernia is based on Celtic mythology and seems to have the lowest population, although it's sometimes hard to tell between Midgard and Hibernia. You'll have more people on your side if you play an Alb, but more people to fight against if you play a Mid or a Hib.

to Hibernia

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 3, 2012

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Come Hib then, last night I ported to DC and Albs were literally right outside the walls. It was awesome.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Bahanahab posted:

Great, thank you for the info. Is there anything special about how to build a hybrid warden I should know about in advance?

Keep nurture up almost to your level and the rest in regrow if you want to heal or weapon/shield if you want to fight. Right now at 24 I'm 21 nurture/20 blunt/12 shield, because I like to fight.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I agree the movement is kind of clunky, but once you learn to /stick or /face properly it gets a lot easier. The other mmos I've played are a lot smoother, sure, but when poo poo gets to be a clusterfuck and you can't stick someone I don't care if my rogue in rift does a roll forward when landing a high jump, I need to be facing the person I'm attacking, and I definitely need to be in melee range.

e: Also why is there a guild called Goon Squadz on this server that isn't us?

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 4, 2012

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Bahanahab posted:

I just started an enchanter, and while reading up on them I keep seeing threads on focus pulling. I understand that there is a buff that you use on your pet, but the part that is confusing me is some threads say it was nerfed while others are saying it's still amazing. To top all of this off people are saying it depends on the size of your group, and if you have more than three people in the group the agro changes and your pet won't keep it at all.

Does anyone know what the current state of focus pulling is now, because I'm finding nothing but contradicting threads on this subject.

I've never played an enchanter myself, aside from low level pbaoe stuff for fun, but focus pulling is basically a damage shield that you put up and maintain on your pet. So you'll need someone in your group who has a power over time, since you'll be draining it while you keep up the dmg shield. You'll also need someone to heal your pet because the idea is to send them out and have a whole room on it attacking it and hurting it. But you'll also need for the pet to reflect enough damage to maintain aggro so the healer doesn't get it for healing you.

Not sure what the state of it is now, though, sorry for not answering your question.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

TouchToneDialing posted:

So there is no classic server anymore? Im going to join you guys on hib as a bard.

I think classic server died a couple years ago, I remember making the switch over when pop was only at like 400 at peak times. Hit us up in game, we'll get you started.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Kazvall posted:

Also, I will roll up a hib, if you guys want. Only realm I never got a 50 in, while on live.

Adenosine got 50 after 14 hours /played so no time like the present.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Vermain posted:

If you didn't play this game when it first came out, chances are really good that you won't enjoy it now. To be frank: the combat is dated and clunky and harkens back to an earlier time of Everquest where watching your character swing slowly at something was acceptable gameplay. Things have changed, and growing up with MMOs like WoW does make DAoC seem considerably more slow paced and dull.

I dunno dude, I've got celerity going and I'm hitting poo poo hard and fast. And I never played WoW, but I played Rift and it was just the same pressing 1 over and over.

Though I agree that the pvp seems a bit slower since you can't just port into a capture the flag game and play for 5 minutes with a bunch of random people. But that's also what owns about DAoC, pvp with a bigger purpose.

e: I dunno, the people who like this game are going to say it's the best and people who like other games better are going to say it isn't, but people should still give it a shot since they can get to the good stuff in a couple days, and we're more than willing to walk them through it.

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 6, 2012

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
So I hit 50 on my Warden this morning doing glass quests. Levels 47-50 only took about an hour or so while I was watching the news before work. It almost feels wrong.

So I noticed for the templates on VN that they are almost all for nurture/regrow wardens, and I prefer to melee. Is it possible to have a warden that hits decently well? Is there a difference between a warden with 50 in blunt and a hero with the same?

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

angry muppet posted:

wardens are on the naturalist damage tables. Heros, BMs are on the guardian damage tables.

Ahh yeah, something like this was what I was wondering about.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Zotix posted:

So uh, with no existing characters or any sort of support group how long would it take to level a character, from scratch, and be PvP viable?

Play Hib, do a /who Cult, then /send whoever is there for a guild invite and you immediately have a support group.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

concerned mom posted:

Oh man alive I somehow got carried away and subbed two separate accounts for this month and still haven't found a single character on them other than some low level stuff. I emailed support and it seems my GOA accounts don't even exist (how the hell do I have this many accounts???)

If anyone would like a buffbot account for the month let me know at mattisaac @ gmail . com because I have a busy month and won't be playing a lot, especially at US times.

:( you can still play anyway, it's not like it takes long at all to get to 50 and since the servers are all merged anyway there should be plenty of EU players on.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
7k 5k more glass and I'm ML10, the hardest thing so far seems to be getting scales.

Also I need a couple pieces SC'd, the gloves/boots of this. I have the pieces already.

e: and what's the most effective way to use artifacts with /use1 and /use2 in combat? There's gotta be a fast way.

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 10, 2012

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Twlight posted:

if you inspect the piece it should show two icons for what ever the artifact does, drag those on a quickbar and they should work.

Ok thanks so much easier than what I had planned, thanks!

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Twlight posted:

You can Qbind those as well blah blah you get the idea. I'm suprised you guys play with new models on. I can't stand them I have everything set to old ones, though if you look in the options after you log out you can change them in a granular fashion for each faction or race I think.

I think what I had originally done with them way back was have the item on a qb and macros for /use and /use2 at the end and it was awful.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
So far on my temp:

Potent Gem of the Sky
Eternal Plant
Harpy Feather Cloak
Soulbinder's
Crocodile Tear Ring
Ring of the Azure
Bracer of Zo'arkat
Warshadow Bracer
Veil-Touched Scale Hauberk
Winged Helm
Eternal Retribution
Dragonsworn Decorated Gloves
Legs : ML10
Decorated Osnadurtha Boots
Protector of Weary Souls

Also ML9, CL5 and rr2.

And I think I'm still on my 14 day trial.

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 11, 2012

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
NO ALBS ALLOWED

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

LoreOfSerpents posted:

If you're in Hibernia, log on and type: /who Cult
Feel free to message anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep for a guild invite. If anyone seems confused, just tell them Waffle sent you.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Wow albs and mids really love hibland.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I've started putting afrit and pictish gear in the guild vault for any of you making the transition from BG gear.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I might be wrong, but Netherworldly Scale Hauberk (ToA-Acuity) is actually the Veil-Touched Hauberk. Don't make the mistake I did and not check before you spend your precious scales.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Snaxxor posted:

Do not make the mistake in the above post, good luck getting half the value of the scales you just spent on it also.

I did this, but thank god there was a good population and I broke even.

I can't remember but I think I either gave it away to someone in the guild or sold it to someone in /as for 1p. Much lower than half the value :(

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Man, you guys all sure get to bed on time. Which sucks for someone on the west coast who stays up late.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Just an FYI to you casual readers of the thread, the reason the post count hasn't kept as steady is because everyone is being super active ingame and you should come join us!!!

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Galladoria will likely require more than one full group

We made is most of the way down with 3 people :smug:

and a couple bots and two ml pets

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

fishhooked posted:

I got the itch to play again so I went the Uthgard route. It has issues, but it seems fairly true to classic daoc without buffbots. If it gets boring I may look into reactivating on live.

I would say it gets boring in the early 20s when the grind starts to get hellish and you remember it only gets worse the further you get. Try the 14 free days with goons, bro.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Squiggoth posted:

Also, was it ever mentioned which quests the OP was talking about that get you max level in a weekend of play?

Aside from the 1-4 battleground (where you can easily melee down ojs with your health bar refilling every few seconds) there are quests givers in the portal keep that will give you 3 pve quests and then 2 pvp quests where you have to kill 5 mobs/players for each one. The slowest exp from these is the second bg, but right afterwards it picks up a lot. At 30, if you're having trouble with the bg being too full to do the quests, there are level 30 quests you can do in Oceanus, but when you hit 35 it's faster to go back to the BG quests until 40 because the quests stay at level 30 and the xp is signifigantly less when you're in your high-30s.

e: oops, already answered. Also can't believe I never thought to skip the 5-9 one.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Though if you do one quest in the 5-9 bg you can get a full suit of bg gear if you just need one weapon. Might be worth a quick stop.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Warden template complete after just grinding out the 30p for the sleeves from Cunovinda. I realized this was the best way to do it with low spawn rates and pubbie groups that wiped on Nychta's shards and also Phut. Two seperate wipes. If they are advertising SH raids why do I have to try to frantically explain to them how the mobs work?!!? I barely know myself!

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Geisladisk posted:

Naw, I was dying over and over after level 10. In any case, I think I'll stick with Enchanter for now - I can always change later if I want. It's not like leveling is hard now. level 17 on two characters after two hours played. :downs:

Anyway, I can't believe how much fun I'm having playing this game again.

Well a 50 enchanter w/ bot is a great thing to have no matter what, if you ever need money.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
There also didn't seem to be any population (on hib, at least) between 20 and 40, so I was stuck solo grinding it out.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
A friend (who is a die-hard OF fanboy) and I last night had a discussion on the merits and drawbacks of everything since SI and it ended with him telling me that he has the box for ToA in storage and, if I were so inclined, he would give it to me so I could marry it.

People playing Uthgard are going to play Uthgard.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

madpanda posted:

Anyone know what the lab model harp is called? I think Angrymusic uses it.

I, uhh, use the Molvik harp. At 50. :(

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

madpanda posted:

If it was blue that is the battlemaster styles damage proc going off.

Back before SI I leveled up a theurg or something just to see those shield spell effects, so baller.

Oh god, it was my fault after all.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
The level 30 glass quests can be good for a headstart on glass or if Molvik is packed and you get get ganked just trying to suicide run the tower quest. It has a quest where you just swim in the ocean East of the haven and touch treasure chests over and over again. The only problem is it/they stay at level 30 until 40, so in the time it took for my 38 chanter to get to 40 my bard who was on the level 40 quests got from 40 to 44.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Who was it who was looking for a pair of boots? I want to say it was either Angry or Ardeal, but I'm not sure. We have a set now, though.

I would like to know what boots they are before I say it wasn't me.

(wasn't me, though)

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
We ride together, we die together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Evanton...

• Locked thread