Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
I dabbled in mountain biking, it's pretty fun but I hated the taint-beating I'd get on some trails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Goons, I beseech thee;

I've been sandbagging for too long and I need help. My last record APFT was 46 pushups, 15:30 2-mile, and like 74 sit-ups.

I used to get 290s-300s no sweat but I've become a disgusting fat body. What can I do to improve my pushups and 2-mile? It seems like I lose my pushups if I'm not working on them literally every single day.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

gently caress getting bloody buttcheeks from pt test situps. Also rower hurts my tailbone even worse than situps. loving army.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of solid HIITs? A cursory googling leads me to some :wtf: sites that seem dubious at best. Not looking for broscience poo poo.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Is anyone using a hornless bike saddle? Heard those are good for your taint/prostate/junk.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Are there any legit BUD/S or SFAS prep. guides out there on the internet that aren't hidden behind a pay wall or some other bullshit?

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Thanks for the links brohams.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

After many years of study, I've come to a solid conclusion...

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

keepitlikeitwas posted:

The best gains I've gotten in almost a decade in the military came from kettle bells. I was normally a runner, however, being on a lovely JCOB put a damper on it. I spent some time using kettle bells while supplementing with P-90X, and came back still scoring over a 300.

Also, no more back pain, ever.

Just doing swings? Or some sick kettlebell workout.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

psydude posted:

I've decided that running in the cold is always terrible. Also, I hate how quickly cardiovascular fitness fades. You can go 2 or 3 weeks without lifting and jump right back into it. 2 or 3 weeks without running and it's like you've been a pack a day smoker for 5 years with a KFC addiction.

God this. gently caress running

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

It's always fun to see the 300 stud club fall out of ruck marches under weight on hilly to mountainous terrain. but hey it's not like you'll ever need to do any poo poo like that right, whereas errbody runnin 2 milers out in afghanistan.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Moker implied multiple days with the whole bed thing :pervert:

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

As far as swimming goes I never feel like my legs really do anything on say... any stroke. Is that normal? I feel like no propulsion at all.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Oh okay good info to know, I was feeling pretty lovely about my freestyle. Sidestroke and breast stroke are my best strokes as far as sprinting, but I have to work alot harder with them for endurance than I do with freestyle. I can't butterfly to save my life though.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Yeah I just can't seem to get the hang of that all with the dolphin kick but I'm not swimming for anyone except myself so it's like why bother. It's a great workout even without and I always feel way better than when I lift or run. Eventually when my spine and knees disintegrate and all the cortizone leaks out of my ankles, all I'll be able to do is swim.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

vacation in kabul posted:

gently caress everyone that does crossfit. All the trainers at my gym teach people crossfit, but when they're actually working out they do traditional strength training + cardio. Says a lot about crossfit. Also it's always great when two assholes are taking up a squat rack an incline bench and a flat bench because CROSSFIT!!!!

I never thought I'd agree with you, but this. This entire thing. Crossfit CAN be okay. If you have the equipment. Don't do loving crossfit in a public gym. I can't do my military press in the powercage if you're trying to crossfit in that, fuckers.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

These are relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp7fBtj81c

quote:

with a SGM who "learned it at a Ranger Batt" for a while and I don't think it helped me advance in my lifts or anything and I probably hurt myself once or twice.

This is the biggest problem I have with crossfit as it relates to the military. You get a bunch of morons together who don't actually understand fitness but know THAT THEY GET TOTALLY SMOKED AT THE END OF THESE HARDCORE WORKOUTS and then complete gently caress themselves up and the poor saps they lead and then when you're like 'boy that was completely preventable you're just a loving idiot' they get butthurt about it.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

yeah smith machines are totally worthless. for like everything.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Ikarus posted:

What you're describing are "muscle fake-outs" and are the one thing fitness companies don't want you to see!

That's that program created by the guy trainers hate, right? You don't even need his book, just do these weird 7 tips you'll never believe...

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Wear down your rotator cuff in weeks with just this one exercise that athletic trainers don't want you to know about!

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Captain Amerikkka posted:

You're a loving captain. You should know better.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

ruck running is really bad for you. learn to swing your hips

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

i guess that's one way to confuse your muscles.... and spine. my back hurts just watching

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Honestly, everyone should save their dollars and buy a good power cage, oly bar, ez bar, plates, and idk some not-terribly-lovely dialable dumbbells. If you have the space there's no excuse, and you'll probably save a ton of money and time.

also I have yet to go to a gym with enough cages or at least people who don't just do one set then wait 10 minutes texting and lounging around before their next set. These are almost always the same people wearing stupid cut off t-shirts yelling and slamming weights around like dumbfucks.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

Go to the gym on base or stop posting you part time faggots.

pretty much every base gym is full of faggots and their disgusting fat rear end dependents.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

So yeah, spend money at planet fitness!

what are you even doing i have a garage setup

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Veins McGee posted:

Do you do curls in your squat rack?

i do curls on my bench (if you're home gymmin get one that does all the poo poo, incline etc.) while I stare at myself in a large mirror and listen to taylor swift

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

oh also for all the price chat, fuckers are always selling weights and equipment. i got my plates, two oly bars, and my ez bar literally for free, all i had to do was haul it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Is a junior artist looking longingly at a masters work Gay?

Only if you look it in the eye