Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
I'm new to oveclocking. I bought a 2500k with an asus P8P67 rev 3.0 back in October.
I've set the CPU multiplier to 42 and I've been experiencing weird bugs since.

The room where I'm installed is very hot (no AC, maybe 30C). I ran prime 95 for 2 hours and everything looked fine. The cpu never got over 71 Celcius with the 212 cooler I have installed.

However since overclocking I've noticed weird issues like computer taking 2 tries to boot (I hear the fan starting to spin, nothing, starts to spin again and goes to post), and sometimes not being able to wake it from sleep.

Any ideas?

Here are the complete specs :

Windows 7 ultimate x64
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 rev 3.0
8gb Kingston 1333 DDR3 kit
Hypercooler 212+
Antec Truepower TP-650 650W
Sapphire HD6870
WD caviar black 1TB

VVV Great, thanks for the quick response! :)

Grimarest fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU