Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hey just so I just got around to OCing my Ivy Bridge 3570k with a Hyper 212 Evo cooler. This is my first attempt at OCing. I just managed to get it to 4.4ghz with a +.010 modifier on the vcore. Should I push for 4.5ghz, or stay at 4.4? Also, I'm a bit confused on the LLC. I'm not sure what setting I should put this on. I'm running an ASRock Extreme4 Mobo. Also, what about turbo boost? I currently have it set for +.004v I think. Any help for these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Real Temp:
Core 0: 74
Core 1: 77
Core 2: 77
Core 3: 70

Core Temp:
Core 0: 76
Core 1: 76
Core 2: 76
Core 3: 66

So I just changed the LLC. Those temps are for an LLC setting of 3. I changed it to 1, and the voltage went higher to around 1.23v. When I changed it to a level 4 setting, I crashed going into windows. I'd like to see if I can get to 4.5ghz stable, but I'm not sure of the settings needed to get there. I'm pretty sure temperature won't be the limiting factor.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 17, 2012

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Should I leave turbo boost off, or at +.004v?