Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
While we're making a wishlist of poo poo we'd like to see get produced this way, I'd like Volition to Kickstart a Freespace 3 project please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

r1ngwthszzors posted:

Is all of the money getting invested into the project?

For 15 bucks, you get the game which translates to basically a "lost sale" for all the alpha funders. How does that work?

I can't read Tim Schafer's mind, but this may not matter as much for this particular project. Lost sales matter when you're needing to recoup money to pay off your initial investment. With Kickstarter, they have enough money to guarantee they won't lose anything developing the game, because it's already been paid for; there's no initial investment to pay off and no risk of a loss by Double Fine. They get to make (presumably) a game with a new IP that they will wholly own and can develop on their own terms, and any actual sales they make upon release are just money in the bank.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Laserface posted:

It was advertised for a long rear end time as an adventure game in a heavy metal universe. Even the demo had you essentially playing heavy metal Zelda. Then the full thing came out and you find out that its a one off and the rest of the game is a hamfisted RTS.

Im surprised so many people funded this project after what a gigantic let down BL actually was.

Tim Schafer on Twitter posted:

$955k! Guys, I'll make you a deal. If we hit $980k I'll add RTS elements to the game! And if we hit $1M, I'll take them back out!

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

SGRaaize posted:

Quit it with the remakes/sequel ideas <:mad:>, why don't you guys want new premises for games? :gonk:

Because while we'd no doubt love them, we're not the creative talent with the capability of making a new IP, so our spitball ideas are things that we've seen before that we'd like to see again.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

ShiroIchida posted:

Compounding that, a lot of the documentation is either vague, or non-existent. I researched the advanced crossbow tech and I have no idea what the exact things it did was. What does the timefist actually do? I mean, something something time, but the flavor text description is super vague. I'm guessing that it phases enemies out for a turn or something, but it's bad that I have to try it out before I can know what it does.

Timefist removes the target from the map; it will respawn on top of your party later (usually in a later battle).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Easy was a breeze but Hard mode is continually kicking my rear end. I can't find a research/build order I'm comfortable with that gives me enough keeps to keep my army filled while also teching me up enough to survive the Advanced waves when they appear.

• Locked thread