Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Boomerjinks' fanfare about them loving up his JP Jeep at PAX right before release probably didn't help any as every nerd on the internet was white-knighting his sob story without even hearing the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Loving all of the artwork on those walls, particularly the Grim Fandango black and whites in the hallway. :allears:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Wow, it was still at 2.65 mil when I went to bed and is at 2.83 now. After the humongous start I didn't think it would ever make it over 2.5 but with over a full day to go still, 3 mil (Grim Fandango's budget) looks very feasible.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Well, it's actually a little over 4 mil in 2012 bux when adjusted for inflation. Since the original budget was so modest, I hope they can go balls-out on the musical score now. Grim's was fantastically original and suited the game's atmosphere perfectly.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

.Z. posted:

Where are the Tim money pictures coming from?

I was wondering, too, and then happened upon the link in his twitter feed: http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/08/this-is-kickstarter/

Seriously, I have no idea how people can find twitter even remotely ergonomic enough in any sense to be able to constantly use it.

poo poo, only 65k to go for 3 mil. This has been quite the last-minute push.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Over 20k in the last 40 minutes. :psyduck:

Kind of interesting to see the hourly breakdowns:
https://twitter.com/#!/TimJustRaised

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Really blown away at the quality of the documentary, I can't wait to see more of it when they are hands-on in the development process. Whenever I hear about game development I always picture the horror stories of disgruntled code jockeys at EA or Activision, but you can tell that the entire crew at DF has a devoted passion for making games and they enjoy what they do.

What project of DF's was it that got axed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Same thing here, I registered the other night and it won't let me log on as my account hasn't been activated yet. I'm guessing DF isn't around on the weekends, but it seems odd that they wouldn't just use some kind of automated system. Once activated, the system should automatically match up your forum email to your Kickstarter email and give you backer access (they have to be the same and it might take a few hours after account activation though.)

• Locked thread