Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stacking was garbage so I'm a bit vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

YOURFRIEND posted:

Why does he need money to make a game to sell for money?
If you pledge $15, you get a copy of the game. The problem you're talking about doesn't exist in this particular situation.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bah, it's not like Notch is a total loony. He's just a goofball.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat doter posted:

Man, I'm a poor motherfucker and I still want to donate towards this. I'm literally so poor I haven't been able to afford Trenched or Stacking.

*Checks bank*

-$61

I feel like starting a kickstarter project. It'll be called "Please Give Me Money Because I'm Hungry"

Joking aside, all this kickstarter business has me curious. I've been working on and off on a record, my first project as a producer and it's coming along quite well. Has anyone here actually used Kickstarter before? I'd really like to fund the record and, you know, get it mastered, printed, buy gear I've been unable to afford. That sort of thing. I'm apprehensive about using it though because it seems like it's geared towards projects that already have a following or a reputation (such as, you know, Double Fine's impeccable reputation). Is it possible to use it to fund projects even if you're a unknown commodity like myself?
The existence of the Arkh Project suggests that, yes, it is.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SGRaaize posted:

You know, I'm all for a kickstarter, but the whole "You get to see the game before its made" sounds like a terrible idea.

Maybe make a documentary and show us when the game is out, but I would imagine I wouldn't appreciate Grim Fandango and Psychonauts if I knew everything that was gonna happen before I even started playing.
List of people who are forcing you to participate in the beta:

• Locked thread