Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

mutata posted:

According to Twitter, he was the one who ponied up $10k.

Notch said that while he donated the 10k, he didn't take the lunch. He opted just for a painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

YOURFRIEND posted:

How do other people get money to make their games then? I don't think every game developer begs people.

Because they get publishers to invest in the project.

Tim Schafer knows that they wouldn't be able to get publishers to invest into an adventure game.

Plus, when publishers invest, you have to play by their rules.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

I wish Notch would just shut up like the fat sack of poo poo that he is. He really thinks he's something more than he is, but he's just another goofy chubby bearded game designer, and he never even bothered to finish his drat game. Shut up Notch, go away, you are not a personality or an interesting person.

That video of him and his team playing minecraft kinnect was so infuriating, solely because I'm quite sure he expects people to give a poo poo about his ridiculous hatted head being on screen.

I guess I missed about six months of the internet, but why do people hate Notch?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm not sure letting people play a beta version of this is a good idea. Isn't there a saying that goes along the lines of 'Comedy is like sausage, it's great as long as you don't see how it's made' Do you really want to see adventure game humor go through multiple iterations before it actually gets funny?

Fun fact. Tim Schafer actually quotes this in the video at the top of the kickstarter page.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

Yet, when something like this happens, people demand that we get a new DotT or Grim Fandango.

I would hope those people are just the incredibly vocal minority.

Most are just happy to have something new by Tim Schafer.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I want an FMV game. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The story about the dad keeping the guy's drawings when he was a kid and him finding them after his dad passed was the most :cry: thing in the world.

• Locked thread