Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
This is a wonderful feel-good story that caused me to play Psychonauts again and remember how great that game still is. Here's hoping Tim can live up to the expectations.

the black husserl posted:

Nooo it means nothing internet backlash call of duty one billion dollars game design by committee crowdsource failure lost sale.
And this is my favorite post in all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah, "Psychonauts 2" pretty much translates to "something on the level of originality and charm and humor of Psychonauts" for me.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Pretty much the first thing i've heard most people say about this whole story is that if you remove any part of this equation it'll fall to pieces. There's a whole lot of specific factors and actors involved that make any attempt to extrapolate from this example more hopeful wish than accurate prediction. If this becomes a trend, then oversaturation could distinctly dampen the word-of-mouth effect that pushed this as quickly and far as it got.

On the other hand today's IdleThumbs Kickstarter hit its goal in 120 minutes flat, so maybe that's all nonsense. :unsmith:

• Locked thread