Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Crappy Jack posted:

My favorite thing about this is Tim didn't even have to make a pitch. He didn't have to go into a room full of CEOs and justify making a video game, or whip out any documents to show how a point and click adventure could generate ad revenue.

He literally just went on the internet and said "Hey internet, I'm Tim Schafer and I want to make another point and click game" and the internet gave him half a million dollars to do it.

More importantly, he won't have to justify the end product to those CEO's either. Nobody will be able to make 'content suggestions' or demand that it be more 'market friendly', and nobody will be able to force it out the door early to meet the holiday season. It's just one big pre-sale with badass promotional items, and any money donated above and beyond can go into marketing, Q&A, additional content, or just giving a bunch of programmers who seem to get repeatedly screwed by their publishers a nice big bonus for continuing to do awesome work.

I'm down with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread