Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Maybe I'm expecting the decline too early. I'm just assuming that everyone who was super interested already donated

I didn't even hear about it until a few hours ago, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Gaph posted:

It will be hard for anything but established developers or existing franchises to get support.

Well, it depends what you mean. For instance, a small team made a nice little freeware game (for school or a competition? I forget.) called Octodad, and they met their kickstarter goal for making a sequel.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Incidentally, they just added a bunch of new prizes to various tiers. If you've already paid at least $30, then you'll get something you weren't expecting to get. Also, there's a video of a conversation about adventure games there now:
update page

Edit: Kinda beaten.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Kickstarter recommends to project leaders that they collect addresses right before shipping because even if the billing address was correct, it may have changed.

• Locked thread