Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

go city name / sports team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

GrAviTy84 posted:

gently caress YEAH GIANTS

Sorry, F your even year bullshit and ruining the cinderella story of the season.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
They still couldn't beat the Dodgers. :smug:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

The Midniter posted:

Sorry, F your even year bullshit and ruining the cinderella story of the season.

Ishikawa getting us the W in the nlcs is p Cinderella.

So is rookie Joe panik's game saving play last night.

So is both teams being wildcards.

Plenty of Cinderella here.

And the biggest takeaway: the L(ost)A(gain) Doyers lost. Again.

:whatup:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

GrAviTy84 posted:

Ishikawa getting us the W in the nlcs is p Cinderella.

So is rookie Joe panik's game saving play last night.

So is both teams being wildcards.

Plenty of Cinderella here.

And the biggest takeaway: the L(ost)A(gain) Doyers lost. Again.

:whatup:

The words you say, they make no sense in this construct - however intelligent and logical they may seem individually..

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

So I'm staying at a friend's place, and he wants me to cook dinner tomorrow. There's a pheasant thawing in the fridge right now. What should I do with it? I have a sous vide rig and access to a nice kitchen.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

BlueGrot posted:

So I'm staying at a friend's place, and he wants me to cook dinner tomorrow. There's a pheasant thawing in the fridge right now. What should I do with it? I have a sous vide rig and access to a nice kitchen.

I was waiting for the picky eater hook right up until the end of this post.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

BlueGrot posted:

cook it.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

BlueGrot posted:

pheasant is a game bird, low and slow, brine if possible, only crank the heat at the end to crisp the skin. Stuff the cavity with aromatics, make a nice brown gravy with the pan drippings, preferably sage or rosemary.

I have not sous vided a pheasant, only traditionally cook it around thanksgiving in South Dakota with family.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress this, guys. I'm gonna board up the doors, light the fireplace, make a big pot of stew, and not come out until spring.

Edit: someone send a whiskey supply run to me, thx

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

gently caress this, guys. I'm gonna board up the doors, light the fireplace, make a big pot of stew, and not come out until spring.

Edit: someone send a whiskey supply run to me, thx

We might hit 21C (about 70F) today. In London, UK. It is freakishly warm.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Carved a pumpkin this morning

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

pheasant is a game bird, low and slow, brine if possible, only crank the heat at the end to crisp the skin. Stuff the cavity with aromatics, make a nice brown gravy with the pan drippings, preferably sage or rosemary.

I have not sous vided a pheasant, only traditionally cook it around thanksgiving in South Dakota with family.

They were local game, and skinned. The guy I'm staying at doesn't have a cooking thermometer so I went for the SV.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Well guys, it was a good run, but the admins want me to use my powers for good elsewhere. Enjoy your new benevolent dictator and make him feel welcome.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks Bart. These last couple years of virtual non-moderation have been the best moderation this forum has seen in a while.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

bartolimu posted:

Well guys, it was a good run, but the admins want me to use my powers for good elsewhere. Enjoy your new benevolent dictator and make him feel welcome.

Good luck taming the gamergaters.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

bartolimu posted:

Noooo don't leave us. :( OK, I guess you have to. Either way, thanks for the stuff you did, for hosting some cool competitions, and all the rest. Just hope you still stick around posting here.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

No mods, no masters.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

What? Aww nuts. Bart you better stick around here anyway, even if you're not a mod here any more.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'll miss our deep conversations

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bart was a dick, get out.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Your face is a dick.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

An accurate statement.

Actually Bart is a cool dude I was just making a funny.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So are you the new mod? Cause we don't need no mods around here.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Drink and Fight posted:

Good luck taming the gamergaters.

Gamergaters nothing, I'm going to bring my special brand of help to Pet Island where it's really needed.

The Midniter posted:

What? Aww nuts. Bart you better stick around here anyway, even if you're not a mod here any more.

Yeah I'll probably stick around for a while yet. I mean, I still have to send out secret santa assignments at the very least.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I am, but I'm pretty hands off so I don't think there will be any adjustment issues. I just want to encourage good posting about food and other things that can go in your mouth, for example, dildos.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Pets are food too! v :) v

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

bartolimu posted:

Yeah I'll probably stick around for a while yet. I mean, I still have to send out secret santa assignments at the very least.

You are a valuable member of GWS; I hope once you are done with moderating, you'll still contribute.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

BlueGrot posted:

Pets are food too! v :) v

This is a good idea, maybe we can do a pet eating crossover thing with Bart as a transition.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

i just want to bbe a mod.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I can't believe I wasn't offered the mod-ship, especially after the heavy hints I've been dropping. I am going to channel my bitterness into an unrelenting war against both of you. DEATH OR FREEDOM!

Stick around, bart. And I'm sure GF will be fine, as long as he/she doesn't act the big cheese around here.

Speaking of which, I had some 18-month Tuscan pecorino with that lovely Portuguese honey I mentioned recently, and it was good.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

lol if Happy Hat isn't the GWS mod

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I found bugs in my flour container today :( I know that they're harmless and I am still going to eat the poo poo out of the rest of the stuff I made with it the other day. And I have more flour (that's uncontaminated, I checked) so I still made the brownies I was making when I discovered them. And I dumped the remaining flour -- there wasn't that much anyway -- and washed out the container.

But still. gently caress you, bugs.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

guppy posted:

I found bugs in my flour container today :( I know that they're harmless and I am still going to eat the poo poo out of the rest of the stuff I made with it the other day. And I have more flour (that's uncontaminated, I checked) so I still made the brownies I was making when I discovered them. And I dumped the remaining flour -- there wasn't that much anyway -- and washed out the container.

But still. gently caress you, bugs.

are they indian meal moths? if they are, rip u.

sorry for ur lots

fake edit: Indian Meal Moths are the. loving. worst.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

GrAviTy84 posted:

are they indian meal moths? if they are, rip u.

sorry for ur lots

fake edit: Indian Meal Moths are the. loving. worst.

Racist.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

They are the loving worst. I've had an infestation. The reason one should keep lentils etc in sealed containers is partly to stop moths getting in, but also to stop the fuckers getting out.

Is it racist/prejudiced to not want to buy agricultural produce (even organic) from China? It strikes me as terribly unregulated and full of people willing to make a buck at the expense of others' health. (The west has those people too but at least a more developed regulatory regime to curb it). There gave been so many food horror stories that I just don't trust what's in the food. Is this unreasonable? Am I being bigoted?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

lol if Happy Hat isn't the GWS mod

Upon closer inspection the rationale is the title, I cannot do moderation - that would be like asking a hormone addled teenage boy from the Deep South not to have 'special feelings' for his first cousin.

Simply not something that is physically possible.

Either way it ends in one ugly baby, by the way!

I encourage our new benevolent dictator (who will hang from the lamp-post when the day of liberation will descend upon us), to take a special interest in invigorating, renewing and improving.

You have 100 days, and we would like to see your plan.

Nah - it's all good dudette - relax and have fun.

Bart:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your effort, your contribution and your service. You have been a large part of introducing me to this forum, you have leniently overlooked when I was a dork, and you have had a real and tangible impact.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

therattle posted:

They are the loving worst. I've had an infestation. The reason one should keep lentils etc in sealed containers is partly to stop moths getting in, but also to stop the fuckers getting out.

Is it racist/prejudiced to not want to buy agricultural produce (even organic) from China? It strikes me as terribly unregulated and full of people willing to make a buck at the expense of others' health. (The west has those people too but at least a more developed regulatory regime to curb it). There gave been so many food horror stories that I just don't trust what's in the food. Is this unreasonable? Am I being bigoted?

No, it is as dangerous as that Ebola epidemic there is in the americas right now - the local version of the department of health, or fda cannot be trusted to protect the citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

No, it is as dangerous as that Ebola epidemic there is in the americas right now - the local version of the department of health, or fda cannot be trusted to protect the citizens.

Given that I don't think Ebola in the US is a huge threat, I am not sure what to think now!