Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Sextro posted:

Has anyone released a Sriracha ketchup yet?

Also brown gravy and malt vinegar are pretty much the best on fries.

If you're going to go the gravy route, surely you really just want poutine ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Every time I've had poutine it has been underwhelming :colbert:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I've had an amazing poutine, but that's because it used a dark oxtail gravy instead of the typical chicken gravy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Sextro posted:

Has anyone released a Sriracha ketchup yet?

I got some in a bottle at a burger place so yeah

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sriracha is fairly mediocre.

There, I said it.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
much like your posting

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm flattered that you think my posting even reaches mediocrity.

Mundane irrelevance is very much more in my comfort zone.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Salt pepper and mayonnaise on fries for me. I'm not even Belgian

I'm Dutch and I cannot comprehend why Americans are so weirded out by that, it's great.

Mayonnaise and/or ketchup on fries is the norm here.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Sauces that achieve the mass-market appeal that e.g. Sriracha does will naturally be 'mediocre' - otherwise they cannot appeal to the biomass - it is the safest market position, really.

The same goes for food - McDonalds has never been called 'exceptional', 'exclusive', 'innovative' or 'surprising', because that would threaten their market position.

So yeah - Sriracha is mediocre, it is its nature - it is vanilla, it is missionary style sex under the blankets with the lights off, it is consultancy from deloitte or IBM, it is Captain America at the box office, it is a subaru - it does not offend, it does not surprise, it is a 50 year old hooker.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

A typical Canadian-Ukrainian sauce for holopchi is ketchup diluted in water. Its basically the only time I ate ketchup as a kid (i didn't like it, but I was otherwise not a picky eater). Also sour cream on everything.

I was at a poutinery in St. Johns once and a dude added salt to his poutine. Not just a little, like poured it on. But I've lived far inland most of my life so I don't know anything about the salty sea life.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
For early morning road trips, McDonald's is surprisingly exceptional.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Sauces that achieve the mass-market appeal that e.g. Sriracha does will naturally be 'mediocre' - otherwise they cannot appeal to the biomass - it is the safest market position, really.

The same goes for food - McDonalds has never been called 'exceptional', 'exclusive', 'innovative' or 'surprising', because that would threaten their market position.

So yeah - Sriracha is mediocre, it is its nature - it is vanilla, it is missionary style sex under the blankets with the lights off, it is consultancy from deloitte or IBM, it is Captain America at the box office, it is a subaru - it does not offend, it does not surprise, it is a 50 year old hooker.

So you're saying that sriracha is like pr0k's mom?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
Seriously, though, I know a lot of people who think their coffee is the best.

Also, viva la sausage McMuffin with half a hash brown inside.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Sausage mcgriddle with a round egg, add hot sauce and a chunk of hash brown. The mcmuffin muffin is a depressing imitation of an English Muffin.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I will admit that I've started more than one road trip with a breakfast stop at McDonalds. Their biscuit sandwiches are surprisingly good.

Coffee is unsurprisingly mediocre, though.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Once you start making ketchup at home, though, the game really changes. A lot of the recipes from the late 19th century are super savoury and complex, and help you understand why ketchup became so popular.
Yeah, when the word `ketchup' first entered English usage it referred to a sauce that more closely resembles Worcestershire sauce than modern tomato ketchups. And when Heinz first started mass-producing tomato ketchup in the late 19th Century most people would've associated the word ketchup with other preserved vegetable purée sauces, especially mushroom.

Anyway, the simple tomato ketchup still has much to recommend it, the disappointment of most storebought ketchups being that they're too sweet and one-note.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I feel bad for you people who don't have Bojangles and have to settle for McDonald's.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I am lucky enough to live in the distribution area of Portland Ketchup Company. They make tomato ketchup and yellow mustard, but the ketchup has some complexity and the slightly sweet acidity of perfectly ripe tomatoes, while the mustard is hands down the best yellow mustard I've ever eaten.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm sitting in a hotel room, drinking sake, and eating Pringles, salted peanuts, and a Slim Jim.

edit: And I'm not sorry.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
I think a Slim Jim would make a good swizzle stick for a Bloody Mary.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
You are what's wrong with Pinterest.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
And I'm not sorry.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Marta Velasquez posted:

I think a Slim Jim would make a good swizzle stick for a Bloody Mary.

you're way behind on this one; beef sticks are so common in bloodies in WI that they now make them into straws http://www.bennysoriginalmeatstraws.com

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
I once had a bacon Bloody Mary with a strip of bacon sticking out of it. It was the grossest drink I've ever tasted, not including random concoctions we threw together in college.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Marta Velasquez posted:

I once had a bacon Bloody Mary with a strip of bacon sticking out of it. It was the grossest drink I've ever tasted, not including random concoctions we threw together in college.

again, all over WI and delicious. Maybe you're just not a bloody mary person? Or maybe bloodies where you live are just lovely.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

again, all over WI and delicious. Maybe you're just not a bloody mary person? Or maybe bloodies where you live are just lovely.

Yeah this is a thing.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
hurray finally figured out a time my gal and I can take a vacation. booked a flight to budapest dec 16th, flying back dec 27 outa munich.

think vienna and the salzkammergut are on the agenda inbetween. rest of the details we'll just wing.

suggestions (food or otherwise) welcome!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

mindphlux posted:

suggestions (food or otherwise) welcome!

Put it in her pooper.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kenning posted:

I'm sitting in a hotel room, drinking sake, and eating Pringles, salted peanuts, and a Slim Jim.

edit: And I'm not sorry.

You will be when the minibar bill arrives.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I wasn't aware that you got Bloody Mary hipsters. You had stupid unnecessary poo poo that added nothing to the drink before it was cool.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Scientastic posted:

I wasn't aware that you got Bloody Mary hipsters. You had stupid unnecessary poo poo that added nothing to the drink before it was cool.

In Minneapolis, my Bloody Mary arrived with cheese and and a shot of beer.

This was before hipsters began adding unnecessary crap to drinks. Or grew beards.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Scientastic posted:

:rolleyes:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The tiny beer chaser is great. Although most days I like a half beer half bloody mary mix.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Marta Velasquez posted:

lol if u drink bloody marys instead of caesars

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Crusty Nutsack posted:

ew bloody shits

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

No longer a problem, now that I have Chipotle-Away!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I like a Bloody Mary with a stick of celery, and all else is overkill

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A spiral of cucumber

A single prawn

A floating pat of butter

I'm always fond of the ones with an entire tiny bottle of Corona hanging off the side

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

therattle posted:

I know I said don't sauce-shame but chocolate sauce with fries (even sweet potato) is a degeneracy that can't go unmentioned. Or condemned in the strongest possible terms.

I will fight all of you for my right to desert fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I like my bloody Marys with cranberry juice instead of tomato, extra vodka, and hold the Worcestershire and garnish.