Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Guys, that last thread lasted 66 pages. That's pathetic.

I ordered some larb at a local Thai restaurant and asked for it to come back right spicy. It was spicy alright, but it also smelled like straight up farts. I don't know what it was, but it was rank. There was just no way my girlfriend and I could eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hahahah that's hilarious.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Man I would kill for a huge hunk of blue cheese, a baguette, and some wildflower honey right now.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Welcome to the thread, please tell us about your fluids/other people's fluids you have experienced.

What sort of cookware do you have? Pots and pans? Rolling pins? Spoons? In general the stuff that was made a hundred years ago and has survived is pretty nice quality. I know I'd kill to get a vintage citrus press from like the 40s, because they're super legit and solidly-built. That said, you can get totally decent new cookware for not too much money, so you don't need to hang on to museum pieces. Depending on what it is you could sell it to kiteless, she's a sucker for vintage kitchen stuff.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

God bless you, bunnielab.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

DID SOMEBODY SAY PANNUS?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

DON'T CLICK THIS ONE OKAY.

:nms:

PANNUS

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The single most homoerotic line I've ever read is from the first Doc Savage story. The good Doctor is looking for a hidden wire, right? But the line is "His supple, sensitive, yet steel-strong hands explored."

The whole story is basically like that, it's remarkable.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I never said it wasn't awesome. What I can't handle is that the real name of Kenneth Robeson is Lester Dent, which is way pulpier than his pen name.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I love you all very much.

e: f, b

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

SubG I feel like there's nothing you don't know about. Have you considered becoming a sage?

Wroughtirony posted:

I have the stupidest apartment ever. It has a fire suppression system above the range, but it's not automatic, you have to pull a pin to activate it by hand. Where is the pin? Directly above the stovetop.

I cannot imagine a single situation where I would want to use a fire extinguisher on my range when I would not burn my entire arm reaching into the cabinet for the pin.

My mom came up to visit this last weekend and she pointed out that I was keeping my fire extinguisher on a shelf above the stove, which was a really stupid place for it to go. I moved it because she was right.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I feel like this sort of debate is what people assume GWS is like 100% of the time and that's hilarious.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

So it turns out that a combination of pussy juice and unrefined coconut oil smells exactly like blue cheese.

I had to wash my face very thoroughly.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

There's this fancy Japanese sweets boutique in San Francisco right off Market that had some delicious and beautiful stuff in it. My favorite was this little yuzu jelly, almost entirely because of the description, which claimed that "The flavor of yuzu was used unsparing to make these treats." It was such a grand statement for such a little jelly :3:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

When I was in Japan, several times I was surprised to bite into what I thought was a chocolate-filled pastry, only to find that funky sweet-bean paste. The only decent Japanese desert is green-tea flavored soft serve.

Ok, business travelers: if I have to choose between a Homewood Suites and a Holiday Inn, I should pick Homewood, right?

Oh, and I got a new job.

You take that back about red bean paste! That poo poo is incredible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You gonna be working on the Qur'an burning shitshow?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

So what do you guys all think about circumcision?

edit: Awwww yeah circumcision chat snype.

Let's all talk about our dicks.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Wow it's like D&D from 2007 decided to come hang out in this thread.

Now do the one about prisoners' rights.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

gently caress it let's do circumcision chat.

I'm glad my parents didn't mutilate my dick when I was born, how does it feel you loving frankencocks.

:smug:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

People died for the 40 hour work week and safe working conditions.

We should honor their memory by continuing their struggle. The 40 hour work week doesn't just mean that you don't work more than 40 hours a week. It means you don't need to, because 40 hours sustains your livelihood. It doesn't mean you should feel honored to work 40 hours for poo poo pay and overtime for poo poo and a half in some wretched hellhole. And safety doesn't just mean you won't be incinerated by slag – it also means you won't destroy your body just by working some lovely job.

Also: dickchat. Please. There's a reason I don't read D&D.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Working together and making things happen!

The Subcommandante is one of the coolest dudes in town.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 4, 2012

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

Best part about cooking with wine is that I get to drink the half the bottle I don't use to cook wiht.

I did that once when I made risotto at like 9 in the morning and I regretted it all day.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

So Sunday night/Monday morning there was an earthquake essentially directly below my house. It was only 4.0 but it woke everybody up. The worst part was when it was going and I was just thinking "gently caress me I hope this stops soon."

West Coast 4 Lyfe.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You're all loving nuts. If you don't want to throw away disposables you shouldn't buy disposables. And if you must buy disposables, you should use them judiciously and then toss them when they've been used.

It's like couponing – you probably don't save more than you would working some job, and if you're concerned about waste then buy some carbon offsets or something.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I think that article was sorta cute.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Don't be mean! We all start somewhere. 4 years ago before I started reading GWS I hadn't had Sriracha either. Now, however, I walk the path of light and righteousness, as does young Darval. Welcome, brother.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

Heh? These days I'm too tired from the new job to get too freaky. The GF slept over last night, and all we did was gently caress. Well, OK, nipple clamps were involved, but vanilla people use those too, right?

Pretty sure that once people start investing in fuckin' hardware they're beginning to edge away from vanilla.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The world's laziest cinnamon toast.

mindphlux your fishfood sounds tasty as gently caress.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I always considered myself a dyed-in-the-wool rear end man until I got with a girl with really big tits.

Now I'm not so sure.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 14, 2012

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Drink and Fight posted:

I hope you mean dyed.

Goddamnit.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

SubG – sex. Sex.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Who gives a gently caress where a dude sticks his dick as long as everyone involved is cool with it?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Well gently caress.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons With Spoons > GWS Culinary Chat: basically tit loving is the same as arm-pit sex

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The swine is the sweetest of the flesh.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

What's the average survival rate for eating a generous portion of fatty brisket every night? I feel like I'm going to die since starting to work at this BBQ restaurant.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You can totally light up 70 proof, you just need to warm it up a bit first.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Defect Mechanism posted:

I'm not sure if this would go in the cocktail thread or not, but I recently discovered molecular mixology aka making gooey drinks art and am wondering if buying a kit off thinkgeek (for the uninitiated such as myself) would be worth it, or if I should just buy the ingredients in bulk and get with the creative juices flowing.

Also, hello GWS, its been a while

Sup bro. We've got a molecular gastronomy thread which is probably the best suited to that sort of question. And good luck with your weirdo drinks.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The Macaroni posted:

Both mediaphage and KWC are correct: oil as a garnish rather than a major ingredient, and roasted garlic > raw garlic in hummus.

Oh, oh, and make sure to serve your hummus with fresh basil! Oh man that is good. A nice crisp basil leaf in a scoop of hummus is the very thing. It also works with mint, unless I am very much mistaken in my memories of Syria.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Vegetable Melange posted:

Everything, gently caress haters.

I have recently purchased a bottle of sherry which I dubbed my "computer wine," since I'm storing it near my computer and drinking it whilst I compute. This is a wonderful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really wanna learn how to use a Chinese cleaver. Whenever I use my chef's knife on veggies I feel like I'm only half there.