Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1190 »
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

psychoticBacofoil posted:

Because I'm not made of money, damnit and if this is my situation, I feel that I would save money blowing it all on Taco Bell and seeing if I get lucky.

They'd just never send you one, then call you a cheater when you contact them about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Since I didn't realize it would come up, I edited in a brief mention to Backwards Compatibility about UMD Passport.

As it stands, UMD Passport isn't coming to NA/EU but the same effect it had in Japan can be felt. The Japanese don't get regular price drops as far as I can tell on their PSN, while NA/EU have been routinely chopping prices by 10, 20, and sometimes even 50%. So UMD Passport spiritually exists on the PSN in the West, but in a piecemeal format. Sony America has just been incredibly incompetent in telling people this

And I've added everyone up to CaptainPoopsock to the Vita goon list. Remember that if you plan to use the PS3 Goons site for game listings, repost with the link to it in the future so I can update it.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's been a while since I kept up with anything Vita-related, but now that it's properly out I have two questions:

1) Did Shinobido 2 turn out okay?

and

2) Has Konami/WayForward done anything at all to make Silent Hill: Book of Memories seem less terrible than it did a few months ago?

1) Shinobido 2 turned out pretty okay. I link a lot of people who ask this question to PlayStation Lifestyle's review of the game. It goes through a lot of the pros/cons of the game.

2) As for Book of Memories? Kind of hard to call. They seem pretty hesitant to actually tell anyone about the drat thing. File it away as terrible until proven good.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

BobbyBaudoin posted:

A Ys title was also announced for the vita? Oh dear god this only makes the vita my best purchase in a long while (only topped by my anime bodypillow)

Nice little article about it:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/1...a-sea-of-trees/

Also, Ys SEVEN (PSP) might end up as an officially supported game on the Vita.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

Mr. Intensity

Policenaut posted:

I'd like to mention that the Ys trailer isn't available in North America. And add me to the list. MisteryIV is my PSN ID.

http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=187

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 03:30

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp

Postin my PSN
God Willing, there will be a Monster Hunter game, and I will play it nonstop with goons. That being said, I will be picking up Freedom Unite because YOU CAN SET THE SECOND STICK TO THE GODDAMN D-PAD!!!!

Also I'll have Wipeout and Lumines launch day so multiplayer on those would be cool.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

I guess I don't actually use my PSP/3DS/whatever outside the house. They're just small home-consoles to me, so I don't care about having five different platforms.

Fair enough if people actually use their on-the-go and want to be able to play all their PSP and Vita games on one system.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Goon from Greece

I rolled out a new PSN account for myself (I needed a US-one anyway).

PSN Name is: shodanjrgr

I'm grabbing the FEB on Wednesday so I'll definitely be up for some wipeout later in the day!

e: http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=200

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 03:29

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

Policenaut, I forgot to add my PS3Goon database. I tried PMing you but you don't have it.

http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=10

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh, the Ys trailer doesn't work? Replaced!

And that's okay Jabro, I don't mind correcting things.

5er posted:

Nice OP, Policenaut!

Here's to hoping the Vita fares better in the long run than its predecessor.

edit: dumb loving Gamestop. Not doing a midnight launch for the 22nd.

There will be a midnight launch for Vita on the 22nd at American GameStops

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Caseman posted:

Postin my PSN
God Willing, there will be a Monster Hunter game, and I will play it nonstop with goons. That being said, I will be picking up Freedom Unite because YOU CAN SET THE SECOND STICK TO THE GODDAMN D-PAD!!!!

Also I'll have Wipeout and Lumines launch day so multiplayer on those would be cool.

There will be a Monster Hunter game! Here's proof of said statement:

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-exe...ar-220632.phtml

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp

FoolishLobster posted:

There will be a Monster Hunter game! Here's proof of said statement:

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-exe...ar-220632.phtml

Oh. My. God.
My life is loving over.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just as a heads up, somebody told the Sony France dude he wasn't supposed to say that and he backpedaled hard on it. Monhan Vita's going to happen, but I wouldn't expect to hear about it until at least Summer.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

PSN: Silkhorn

I am getting one in a couple of weeks but undecided on games.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Wicked OP, Policenaut.

@ those of you who are picking up Hot Shots Golf; would you have to be into golfing to enjoy this game? I see all the praise this game's been getting and although I've enjoyed golfing, I've also been bored to tears by it.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

NYT article on Sony's marketing campaign for Vita:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/b...r-out.html?_r=4

$50 million is Sony's largest console launch marketing budget ever, which is surprising. A modern big-name console title can easily cost $50 million, if you total development and marketing. Sony's budget seems really small considering it's a brand new loving console.

belt
May 12, 2001

Atlas Moth posted:

Wicked OP, Policenaut.

@ those of you who are picking up Hot Shots Golf; would you have to be into golfing to enjoy this game? I see all the praise this game's been getting and although I've enjoyed golfing, I've also been bored to tears by it.

What do you mean you are bored by golfing? I can tell you that I love Hot Shots and I can't stand to watch the game of golf, and I've only played the game about 3 or 4 times in real life and have no real drive to do so anymore. But I also like games like Tiger Woods.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Still having trouble deciding another game to pick up with Uncharted and my Vita on Wednesday. I want online multiplayer so I was thinking Wipeout. But then I looked up some stuff on Rayman and how meaty the game is and super fun. I've never played a Rayman before (please don't hurt me) and this looks like fun foray into the series. But then there's Lumines with it's awesome music and that was one of the first games I had on my PSP and I played it a lot though don't remember too much since I only had my PSP until the DS came out. Help me pick a game!

Oh and I've already decided to buy Super Stardust.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Atlas Moth posted:

Wicked OP, Policenaut.

Well, if you're bored to tears by golf then this probably isn't going to change your mind. If it helps though, I'm not really into golf myself and I'm dying to get my hands on Hot Shots Golf. I mean I fall asleep watching it for real and Tiger Woods feels like watching paint dry, but going through a colorful golf course with glowing red golf balls driven down an Ancient Chinese fairway by a big fat dude dressed as a Japanese school girl is just magical

I'd watch gameplay footage as its recorded and read reviews before taking any plunge.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Does Rayman: Origins have online play? I want to pick it up but I would feel more confident about it if you could do co-op.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Captain Novolin posted:

Does Rayman: Origins have online play? I want to pick it up but I would feel more confident about it if you could do co-op.

Nope. Single player only.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

PSN US name: NYCAlex
JPN account: OsakaAlex

Policenaut, you rock! Thanks for your hard work. Although I do believe it maybe important to note that while the Vita is region-free, almost all DLC and Online Passes are not. Also, digital downloaded titles are tied to the account that downloaded it, which makes it troublesome at times with the Vita's only one active account system.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Like most others, Wipeout, Hot Shots, and my 16GB card arrived today. They look so lonely there without a system.

PSN: Tecnocratx
GoonDB: http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=201

tecnocrat fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 03:57

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

PSN US name: NYCAlex
JPN account: OsakaAlex

Policenaut, you rock! Thanks for your hard work. Although I do believe it maybe important to note that while the Vita is region-free, almost all DLC and Online Passes are not. Also, digital downloaded titles are tied to the account that downloaded it, which makes it troublesome at times with the Vita's only one active account system.

Oh! Dang! Me and my Import thread should have remembered that. I added in corrections about digital distribution and DLC w/r/t import gaming and account switching to the OP.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

A couple of deals for US people:

Target is giving a $20 giftcard if you pre-order one of the non-FEB versions of the Vita. The deadline to get this deal is the 15th.

http://tinyurl.com/6outuhk

Also, Toys r Us might be giving a $20 giftcard for every $50 spent on Vita games according to some people at CAG but no ad has been posted yet.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

I didn't see it in the op but for NA the "free $15 PSN title" for the 3G vita preorders is Super Stardust with DLC, upon activating the system. Also is there any firm information about using a single PSN account on two vitas to share content yet?

Also Resistance: Burning Skies has a release date of May 29th. http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218616p1.html

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

PSN Name : hendrawardi
I'm down for some multiplayer UMVC3, Wipeout and maybe Fifa & Hot Shots Golf

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Oh yeah. PSN name: sammargh

Beat my butt in Hot Shots Golf. My friends renamed the Quad Bogey after me playing real golf, I'm sure my awesome skills will transition.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

flyboi posted:

I didn't see it in the op but for NA the "free $15 PSN title" for the 3G vita preorders is Super Stardust with DLC, upon activating the system. Also is there any firm information about using a single PSN account on two vitas to share content yet?

Also Resistance: Burning Skies has a release date of May 29th. http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218616p1.html

As far as the system works, you can apply any single PSN account on two Vitas before reaching the limit. From what I've been told, it operates on the same platform the PSP does. So if you have an activated PSP, you'll need to deactivate the account.

But yeah, it should work if you activate the same account on two different Vitas, just as long as there's no PSPs connected to the account.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

I think it is time to sell my ps3 which I havent turned on for anything other than rocksmith and get this baby when it comes out next week.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Policenaut posted:

As far as the system works, you can apply any single PSN account on two Vitas before reaching the limit. From what I've been told, it operates on the same platform the PSP does. So if you have an activated PSP, you'll need to deactivate the account.

But yeah, it should work if you activate the same account on two different Vitas, just as long as there's no PSPs connected to the account.

The big concern is trophies. I don't care about trophies but my friend does. Do they both kind of congeal into a mishmash?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

flyboi posted:

The big concern is trophies. I don't care about trophies but my friend does. Do they both kind of congeal into a mishmash?

From my personal experience on the PS3, they will. So if you earn trophies and he earns trophies, and you both sync them on the account, the account will show all the trophies the two of you earned.

vvv :horns.aiff:

Policenaut fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 04:30

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Looks as though a Gamestop employee looked it up, Little Deviants trade in value is $10 according to Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/commen...deviants_is_10/

clippa
Jan 6, 2009

"Non-existent Titles" is apt as the vita port of akai katana shin has been officially poo-pooed

quote:

Asada says someone asked him about the game today and he was shocked, saying that's the first he's heard of it. He says it's due to some misunderstanding. The game isn't in development, nor has it ever been planned to be in development.

Details from the horses mouth here if you can read Japanese - http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/.../post-9c40.html

I really really really hope we see a cave shmup on the vita though. I'm not sure how well their games would translate to handhelds but I'd certainly be willing to buy one and find out

Asada did say recently something about his team moving to “new hardware platforms they’ve never worked on before”, could just be the next playstation/xbox but you never know.

quote:

Just like Steam, the PlayStation Store will fully support every title released on PS Vita.

Steam doesn't sell every game on pc, far from it, most games aren't on there.

Great OP, must have taken an age

belt
May 12, 2001

I think Lumines has me more excited than any other launch title. It's the only one that I've chosen to get the digital distribution instead of physical version because I'm pretty sure I'll always want it with me. Super psyched about the online leaderboards, hopefully I'll get plenty of people from here that enjoy playing it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I guess you could say he's...
hot under the collar.
Heh.

God, this system If I don't buy it on impulse soon, I'm definitely snagging it for Persona 4. I never played Disgaea 3, so that's a definite buy. Same with Uncharted, that Tenchu game Shinobido 2, Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden and ohhhh man

This most definitely has been brought up countless times in previous threads, but I hope Sony does something along the lines of releasing PS2 games on the Playstation Store that are Vita compatible. There are so many games I'd love to be able to play on-the-go. Anyhow, very nice OP, Policenaut!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm getting Lumines on digital too, belt. So I'll be there!

clippa posted:

"Non-existent Titles" is apt as the vita port of akai katana shin has been officially poo-pooed

Great OP, must have taken an age

Aw, really?! drat it! I know Cave said they would be going multiplatform so who knows what they'll do.

And yeah it did, I've been working on it off-and-on every so often since Tokyo Game Show in September.

It took up all my valuable thread writing time I was supposed to have stuff ready for Tales of Graces f, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and Yakuza: Dead Souls by now

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Policenaut posted:

So would it be possible to share psp games on 2 vitas with no problem? That would make re-buying all those psp games much easier.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Geop posted:

God, this system If I don't buy it on impulse soon, I'm definitely snagging it for Persona 4. I never played Disgaea 3, so that's a definite buy. Same with Uncharted, that Tenchu game Shinobido 2, Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden and ohhhh man

I've been trying to hold out for the $250 bundle, but I'm hoping I don't break down and buy the First Edition bundle.

Has there been any word on whether there will be ps2 games coming to the vita?

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Nothing yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some support at some point. Granted, I still think the PS2 classics selection is going to get bigger but we know gently caress-all about that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Agnostic watermelon posted:

So would it be possible to share psp games on 2 vitas with no problem? That would make re-buying all those psp games much easier.

Kind-of from what I understand. WIth the Vita you can only be logged into one account on PSN, and have to "reinitialize" the system any time you login with another account. Once you do that the savegames and downloaded content from the previous account will no longer work until you reinitialize to the proper account. Maybe Policenaut knows if this is the case?

«1190 »