Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1245 »
Ranaszun
Feb 21, 2005

I thought that Gravity Rush was going to be a launch title, but GameStop is saying May 29th. Anybody know if they changed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ranaszun posted:

I thought that Gravity Rush was going to be a launch title, but GameStop is saying May 29th. Anybody know if they changed it?

Yeah, Sony kicked it out of launch. Presumably to pad out the post-launch lineup.

PaulD1980
Sep 24, 2009

limaCAT posted:

FEBGoons: is Vita really so fragile as it looks or feels?

To me it feels more sturdy than my original PSP. The right weight/size ratio doesn't give me the impression that it's fragile.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Remember U.S./Canada(?) goons, try to hold off buying too many games just yet. Starting Sunday Target will have that buy 2 get 1 sale on games. Chances are you can get other stores to match, and Amazon will probably jump on that too.

And please try to avoid buying from the horror that is GameStop.

I already had opened uncharted/hot shots before that announcement, and rayman was the last game I wanted so ~feh~

I needed to dump Little Deviants before the price bottomed out entirely.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Oh christ rayman origins is out on this thing? Now I have to get one for sure next tuesday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

I disagree!

Just gotta say those hoping for a souls game on the vita or wanting one is kinda silly, I can't see that being a good portable game at all (and I *love* dark souls)

The no pausing and the fact you need to be pretty damned focused at almost all times just sound like a disaster waiting to happen on it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just gotta say those hoping for a souls game on the vita or wanting one is kinda silly, I can't see that being a good portable game at all (and I *love* dark souls)

The no pausing and the fact you need to be pretty damned focused at almost all times just sound like a disaster waiting to happen on it.

They can add pausing and its good to go. Unless you are some kind of "that will RUIN demons souls!" person.

It would own hard on vita.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It's usually not advised for use with 2D games. Pixel art games in particular.
I haven't seen the filtering stuff on the Vita, but I remember playing Gundam Battle Assault 2 for the PS1 (2D sprite fighter) using the PS2 filtering, and the game looked incredible with its smooth textures. Is it similar in that regard?

BobbyBaudoin
Jan 13, 2008

I just want a quiet life.

Suddenly Susan posted:

It was the second game I tried on the system and it works great. Having the camera on the second stick is awesome. I believe it has to be transferred from a ps3 though.

Yep you're right, that's what I did and it works amazing, now if only phantasy star online portable 2 would work

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Policenaut posted:

I can't even get a connection to the Out-and-About thing on Near. Like I try to have it find my location and it goes "nope can't find you"
I have the same problem. I tried at home, university and a nearby coffee shop, nothing. Went online, found the provider for the service (skyhook or something). Went to see their map and my region is supposed to be covered.

Could Near just not be "online" in Canada yet or something ?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

"Some day coach I'm going to throw 6 TD's in a Super Bowl"

"Sit your ass down Steve"

I usually love the weekend but listening to you all talk about the Vita is making me just want the weekend to be over so It can be Wednesday

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Dantes posted:

I have the same problem. I tried at home, university and a nearby coffee shop, nothing. Went online, found the provider for the service (skyhook or something). Went to see their map and my region is supposed to be covered.

Could Near just not be "online" in Canada yet or something ?

It's kinda working for me. It can get an address (and it's found like 8 other people ) but it's 5 minutes away from where I actually live. That's close enough for IP location, I guess

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Did you give/receive gift with them already ? How does it work ? Are they 1 shot use or you can give them many times ? Is the system robust enough so that if they were playing at the moment you could find them with Near and walk to them IRL ?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SCEA will be releasing a demo for Unit 13 this Tuesday

The demo features only a single mission, but allows you to play said mission with any of the game's six characters. Scores and game progression will carry over to the full game which is due March 6th.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

Dantes posted:

Did you give/receive gift with them already ? How does it work ? Are they 1 shot use or you can give them many times ? Is the system robust enough so that if they were playing at the moment you could find them with Near and walk to them IRL ?

I probably couldn't find someone since I'm in canada and wifi location is spotty at best, but it looks like Game Goods depend on the game. I found one for ModNation Racers that looks like a kind of thing to build tracks with, so I assume it would just be added to my tools inventory thing if I had the game. I seem to recall hearing that some of the ones for Katamari were consumables, though. When you find a game good you can leave it until you want to download it, but it expires in two weeks unless you redeem it.

XionPi
May 8, 2006

Oh God get it off me!

Despite the mediocre reviews, I am still interested in picking up Little Deviants at some point. So if any of you FEB owners hate the game and want to avoid Gamestop, I'll offer $15-20.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

flyboi posted:

I already had opened uncharted/hot shots before that announcement, and rayman was the last game I wanted so ~feh~

I needed to dump Little Deviants before the price bottomed out entirely.

I know my local best buy has already said they would match this deal, so I'd wager others will too. But I was also told Best Buy may have an unrevealed deal that would be similar to/better than this. Who knows.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Policenaut posted:

SCEA will be releasing a demo for Unit 13 this Tuesday

The demo features only a single mission, but allows you to play said mission with any of the game's six characters. Scores and game progression will carry over to the full game which is due March 6th.

Yes this is good news, i'm very interested in the game. Can I download this on US store on my playstation and then put on the vita or will I have to wait for it to come to EU store?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

AngelesXO posted:

Yes this is good news, i'm very interested in the game. Can I download this on US store on my playstation and then put on the vita or will I have to wait for it to come to EU store?

They'll probably release it at the same time on the EU Store. I think the US/EU versions have the same release date so it all evens out.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Oozin along on your livinroom floor

I've seen some bad reviews for Shinobido 2, lots of complaints about clumsy controls and the game being unpolished. Has anyone played it yet?

Also Rayman Origins is that good? I only wanted Katamari but all this talk about Rayman and Lumines is making me eye that Target deal.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Boinks posted:

Also Rayman Origins is that good? I only wanted Katamari but all this talk about Rayman and Lumines is making me eye that Target deal.

Yes it is that good.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Boinks posted:

Rayman Origins was my favorite game of 2011, and I'm honestly considering picking up the Vita version whenever I get the actual system despite already owning and beating the 360 version. I highly recommend it, and I think I read that there's a demo up if you're still on the fence.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

It's not worth more than 20, but it is good.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Boinks posted:

I've seen some bad reviews for Shinobido 2, lots of complaints about clumsy controls and the game being unpolished. Has anyone played it yet?

Yeah, Shinobido 2 is a little rough around the edges. The combat isn't great once you drop out of sneaking around.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Sweet futureshop is giving a 4gb mem card + $20 towards any game when you buy vita tuesday or wednesday.

Realisticly how long would a 4gb card be good for before I need to upgrade?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

keyframe posted:

Sweet futureshop is giving a 4gb mem card + $20 towards any game when you buy vita tuesday or wednesday.

Realisticly how long would a 4gb card be good for before I need to upgrade?

Depending on the game, 2-4 games. Uncharted for example is over 3GB.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

VarXX posted:

2 games

The games you buy for vita is coming on a separate card though right? It is noot just a dl code for psn or something.

edit: or are you saying uncharted requires 3gb on the mem card to work.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Policenaut posted:

They'll probably release it at the same time on the EU Store. I think the US/EU versions have the same release date so it all evens out.

Well I certainly hope so. Sometimes they like to forget about us euros and just not release all the demos here or release them significantly later.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

keyframe posted:

The games you buy for vita is coming on a separate card though right? It is noot just a dl code for psn or something.

Yes. Not sure how much they use though, and don't really know where to check.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

VarXX posted:

Yes. Not sure how much they use though, and don't really know where to check.

It's on the front of the box. All vita games have a little thing that says XXX Space required. None of my physical games have needed more than ~60 MB, and that's including the 50MB WipEout patch.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

not one bit

keyframe posted:

Both, as in, you can run them from their original, retail card, or you can buy them on the PSN and install on the memory card. He was talking about the installed version, which is 3GB for Uncharted. Just game saves won't fill half of a 4 GB card even after you play several of them.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

That is cool. I will be getting a 32gb sometime next month but in the meanwhile for rayman (retail)/lumines/escape plan 4gb should be enough.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Boinks posted:

Yes Rayman is totally worth the $35 I paid for it. It looks gorgeous, the soundtrack is fantastic and it supposed to have 60+ levels.

I have been playing it pretty much non-stop since Wednesday and I'm just under half-way done.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Agnostic watermelon posted:

Yes Rayman is totally worth the $35 I paid for it. It looks gorgeous, the soundtrack is fantastic and it supposed to have 60+ levels.

I have been playing it pretty much non-stop since Wednesday and I'm just under half-way done.

Rayman is a beautiful game. If you like platformers, you should get this. This is my first Rayman game and I'm really enjoying it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Oozin along on your livinroom floor

Awesome, I'll be picking up Rayman on Monday then!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Captain Novolin posted:

It's on the front of the box. All vita games have a little thing that says XXX Space required. None of my physical games have needed more than ~60 MB, and that's including the 50MB WipEout patch.

Just as an aside, I think only North America openly lists the file size on the front of the box. I think Europe and Japan don't, at least I know Japan just has a generic "yo you need a card" warning.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

I need some help, Eurogoons. My friend is in France right now, and would be able to pick me up one, if anyone knows some way to get one tomorrow (the 18th). Yes, I realize that if anyone knew they'd be all over it, but I'm asking because it's literally the only way I'm going to get one before Sept 2012. Stupid mailing restrictions combined with Uganda being not exactly a target area for Sony's sales are screwing me.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

I posted this several pages back but sadly got no reply.

How does region switching work? I've heard you don't necessarily need two psn accounts (us and Japanese) to access both stores, heard rumors you could just switch your region and access the Japanese store through your US account.

Is any of what I read true?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

I posted this several pages back but sadly got no reply.

How does region switching work? I've heard you don't necessarily need two psn accounts (us and Japanese) to access both stores, heard rumors you could just switch your region and access the Japanese store through your US account.

Is any of what I read true?

There's a video guide in the OP on how to switch regional accounts on Vita. You need two accounts as you can't use USD on a Japanese store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Policenaut posted:

There's a video guide in the OP on how to switch regional accounts on Vita. You need two accounts as you can't use USD on a Japanese store.

Yeah I read that one no worries, I was about to feel like a dick, but it was the rumor I read that said you can just have ONE account but switch regions within that account by changing settings.

«1245 »