Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1245 »
MrMortisland
Jan 23, 2004
$297? More like $287!! LOL!

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I got the 30 blocks on my third try

still trying to get to master zone 5 from 1 through 4

The secret for this is you can start on Zone 4 which makes it a lot easier without built up trash from previous zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Doesn't look like I can reserve a Vita for store pickup at Best Buy. Any way to find out how many units each store will carry?

It's hard to tell how big or small the demand is going to be come launch day. Not sure if I should play it safe and hit the store when it opens.

RentACop
Feb 24, 2007

Primoman posted:

Doesn't look like I can reserve a Vita for store pickup at Best Buy. Any way to find out how many units each store will carry?

It's hard to tell how big or small the demand is going to be come launch day. Not sure if I should play it safe and hit the store when it opens.

Do you have the store numbers for the places you'd potentially go? They're listed with the address info on the store locator page. I can check their stocks tomorrow with those.

That being said, I'm about 90% sure that as long as you go launch day or a day or two after there won't be any stock issues. Alternatively, on the day of see if the website will let you do in-store pickup, that's only an option if there's amounts in stock (though that can gently caress up)

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RentACop posted:

Do you have the store numbers for the places you'd potentially go? They're listed with the address info on the store locator page. I can check their stocks tomorrow with those.

That being said, I'm about 90% sure that as long as you go launch day or a day or two after there won't be any stock issues. Alternatively, on the day of see if the website will let you do in-store pickup, that's only an option if there's amounts in stock (though that can gently caress up)

Store 559 is where I plan to go (Pembroke Pines, FL).

I would be mighty appreciative if you checked for me. As you said, it shouldn't be a problem, but better safe than sorry.

Jarakchan
Mar 17, 2009

Goddamnit! Got home to find a missed delivery notice. Why did the postman come early today?
Oh well, I'll have to try to pick up my Vita tomorrow.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

So hours later and I've only seen one instance of someone getting a cancellation email about the 40 buck 32GB memory card from a user on CAG. My order is still intact currently.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums...5&postcount=158

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

I went to put my Vita to sleep and now the PS button is flashing and it's not responding to anything i do oh god what is happening

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Captain Novolin posted:

I went to put my Vita to sleep and now the PS button is flashing and it's not responding to anything i do oh god what is happening

Is the screen on or off. If it's off and the ps button is flashing orange charge it with the wall to usb charger. If the screen is on hold the power button for 45 seconds to hard power off it.

Valsu
Jan 1, 2006

Shinji, you fucker!

I've been enjoying Dungeon Hunter so far. I know people have been putting DH down because of its iOS roots and has next to no story, but it's still fun to run around and smash stuff with an axe.
I'm also playing Wipeout, but I suck at it. I need to shave off another 1.6 seconds for one of the time trial trophies. It would be nice if I could just stop sucking at racing games for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Is anyone else having issues with ModNation's main/customization menus being kinda glitchy? It seems that tapping the screen in those menus only works maybe a third of the time. The touchscreen works great on every other part of the system, so I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the game. Maybe it's because I downloaded it via PSN and don't have the physical cartridge?

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

Is the screen on or off. If it's off and the ps button is flashing orange charge it with the wall to usb charger. If the screen is on hold the power button for 45 seconds to hard power off it.

It's off and the button is flashing blue.

Tres
Jun 21, 2003

Richard Stallman AKA St. iGNUcius-sama <3

I'm in Japan and picked up a Vita the other day, gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Picked up Shinobido 2 and Gravity Daze with it. Gravity Daze is one of the coolest games I've played in a while. It really feels like the devs understand the whole point of a touchscreen in terms of menu navigation etc while not turning it into a stupid gimmick. The way the menus and maps work with the touchscreen make it feel like a really polished iPhone app.

I kinda wish I could return Shinobido 2 though. I thought it was open world, the controls are kinda janky and it's just not much fun. I might like it more when I get into it a bit, but Gravity Daze is just so good it's hard to put down.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

So I'm thinking back to original PSP's launch and you have some analogues happening between launch titles. One of which I thought was funny, Dragon Hunter and Untold Legends. Both of which are terrible.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

It's off and the button is flashing blue.

It locked up. Hold the Power Button for 20 seconds and it will go to the recovery menu. Just hit reboot and it will work. If it keeps happening when you install something, reformat the memory card.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

Crisis averted, I just held the power button for a long-rear end time and it shut down. It booted back up into a cool little safe mode thing, too.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

I assume it is not possible to buy PSN point cards anywhere online? (meaning for < $50)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

shodanjr_gr posted:

I assume it is not possible to buy PSN point cards anywhere online? (meaning for < $50)

Amazon has $10 and $20 cards.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Here's some videos of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxvOcQ45Uw&amp;hd=1

Just watching this video got me really mad because he's just collecting essence instead of using it to fast charge UTs. drat it all you have to do is jump then immediately hit triangle as you land to do a 0-frame charge and then just break some faces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEupvXrRVI&amp;hd=1

This is some French dude who got a copy early and again, it makes me totally care mad.

Anyway, this game owns and if you like action games then you should get it or a ninja will come to your house at night and kill you. You have been warned.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I got the 30 blocks on my third try

still trying to get to master zone 5 from 1 through 4

Seriously how did you get 30 blocks on Stopwatch 30, I bust my rear end and get 17 at best.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

I disagree!

Policenaut posted:

Here's some videos of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxvOcQ45Uw&amp;hd=1

Just watching this video got me really mad because he's just collecting essence instead of using it to fast charge UTs. drat it all you have to do is jump then immediately hit triangle as you land to do a 0-frame charge and then just break some faces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEupvXrRVI&amp;hd=1

This is some French dude who got a copy early and again, it makes me totally care mad.

Anyway, this game owns and if you like action games then you should get it or a ninja will come to your house at night and kill you. You have been warned.

Seriously how did you get 30 blocks on Stopwatch 30, I bust my rear end and get 17 at best.
I went to Target today and they had it on the shelves, I picked it up, marvel 3 and wipeout, then when they tried to ring up NG "Oh wait it's street dated", they then dragged a mall cop out and took every copy and ran it to the back to hide it. It was soul crushing.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So hours later and I've only seen one instance of someone getting a cancellation email about the 40 buck 32GB memory card from a user on CAG. My order is still intact currently.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums...5&postcount=158

No cancel for me yet either, I bought from buy.com did you?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Amazon has $10 and $20 cards.

I'm sorry, the post was a bit rear end backwards. I meant getting $50 PSN cards for a cheaper price. I seem to recall being able to buy 1200 XBL cards back in the day on ebay for significantly cheaper than what one would pay at retail..

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Nope, I got it on Amazon through Circuit City instead of Tiger Direct (even though it's the same entity).

shodanjr_gr posted:

I'm sorry, the post was a bit rear end backwards. I meant getting $50 PSN cards for a cheaper price. I seem to recall being able to buy 1200 XBL cards back in the day on ebay for significantly cheaper than what one would pay at retail..

Ah, well can't help you there unless there's someone that has a surplus of the cards which is what usually happens when you get those cards cheap.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Valsu posted:

I've been enjoying Dungeon Hunter so far. I know people have been putting DH down because of its iOS roots and has next to no story, but it's still fun to run around and smash stuff with an axe.

No one has been criticising the game. It's just the extortionate price hike for the Vita version that has taken some flak. It should have been a ten dollar downloadable and poo poo would have been cool.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, if it were 10 or even 15 I would have been cool with grabbing Dungeon Hunter but at $40 when you can get the PS3 version for like 10? No, sorry.

Puddin
Apr 8, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Tres posted:

I'm in Japan and picked up a Vita the other day, gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Picked up Shinobido 2 and Gravity Daze with it. Gravity Daze is one of the coolest games I've played in a while. It really feels like the devs understand the whole point of a touchscreen in terms of menu navigation etc while not turning it into a stupid gimmick. The way the menus and maps work with the touchscreen make it feel like a really polished iPhone app.

I kinda wish I could return Shinobido 2 though. I thought it was open world, the controls are kinda janky and it's just not much fun. I might like it more when I get into it a bit, but Gravity Daze is just so good it's hard to put down.

What price did you pay? I'm going in less than two weeks and am tossing up buying one locally or one from Japan. I'd its not much difference I'll go local, hopefully I can get it a fair bit cheaper than here. ($350 AUD)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

JUST WIN BABY

The Vita is all in all fantastic, the hardware is wonderful. I do have one gripe however.

That included charger is bullshit, Sony. Nothing says awesome like a laptop-esque charger with two detachable cords.

I can live with the proprietary cards, but that charger is a kick in the nuts.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Tolerable posted:

The Vita is all in all fantastic, the hardware is wonderful. I do have one gripe however.

That included charger is bullshit, Sony. Nothing says awesome like a laptop-esque charger with two detachable cords.

What exactly is wrong with the charger? It seems perfectly fine to me.

Shlapintogan
Jul 15, 2011

HAW

Captain Tolerable posted:

What, is it like a cellphone charger where a USB cable plugs into the adapter? That doesn't really sound so bad to me. Then again, I've been fiddling around with my phone a lot, recently, so I may just be apathetic towards the whole detachable cables thing.

Anyway, vita games are sold the hell out for miles around here. The only one I could find was Dungeon Hunter Alliance, and even then, there was only one copy left at the local Wal-Mart.

I'm guessing I should go on the 22nd and pick up Ninja Gaiden. I've missed out on Sigma once already.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010

Shlapintogan posted:

What, is it like a cellphone charger where a USB cable plugs into the adapter? That doesn't really sound so bad to me. Then again, I've been fiddling around with my phone a lot, recently, so I may just be apathetic towards the whole detachable cables thing.

Its like a laptop/phone charger, where you have a power cord that plugs into one side of the "box" and a usb cable which plugs into the other side. I don't really see a problem with it.

belt
May 12, 2001

I know this has been covered before but I just want to make completely sure. If I download Lumines today onto my PS3 I will be able to transfer it over to my Vita and play as fast as possible when my Vita gets here on Wednesday, right?

Tres
Jun 21, 2003

Richard Stallman AKA St. iGNUcius-sama <3

Puddin posted:

What price did you pay? I'm going in less than two weeks and am tossing up buying one locally or one from Japan. I'd its not much difference I'll go local, hopefully I can get it a fair bit cheaper than here. ($350 AUD)

It was ¥22,000 from Yodabashi Camera, so about $250. I'm an Aussie too, so it was definitely the cheaper option.

Have fun in Japan!

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

Dramicus posted:

Its like a laptop/phone charger, where you have a power cord that plugs into one side of the "box" and a usb cable which plugs into the other side. I don't really see a problem with it.

My biggest gripes are that it's 1500mA and because of that it's keyed so you can't fit a regular USB cable in. I like the long cord and wish I could use it to charge my cell phone.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Jet Ready Go posted:

No cancellation from buy.com for me yet and they charged my card.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Picked up my Vita at lunch today, along with a second-hand copy of WipeOut. Then I got home and remembered that I won't have an online pass for it I'm pretty sure? Whoops.

That aside, dear god this machine. Was almost late back to work because of it. Loving Uncharted so far especially. Quick question; when I try to check the PS Store I get a message saying it's not available in my country/region. I assume that's because my PSN account is for the UK? It should be up come the 22nd UK time?

Oh, and super late thanks to Policenaut for keeping so on top of the thread; you're awesome!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

RentACop posted:

Might be too late on this, but I'd really appreciate it if you could do the same for me for stores 295 & 1096.

No problem if you can't, but I appreciate it either way.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010

Calexio posted:

Picked up my Vita at lunch today, along with a second-hand copy of WipeOut. Then I got home and remembered that I won't have an online pass for it I'm pretty sure? Whoops.

That aside, dear god this machine. Was almost late back to work because of it. Loving Uncharted so far especially. Quick question; when I try to check the PS Store I get a message saying it's not available in my country/region. I assume that's because my PSN account is for the UK? It should be up come the 22nd UK time?

Oh, and super late thanks to Policenaut for keeping so on top of the thread; you're awesome!

If the UK has some sort of FEB then you should be able to access the store now. I bought mine in Taiwan a couple days after Christmas and my North American account couldn't access the store until the 13th of February or something like that.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Hahaha, check out these winners http://t.co/L53IKLUU

Apologies if any of them are in this thread.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Gravity Daze got a very positive write up in Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ity-daze-review

When I played the demo on Friday it just felt so natural, this game really should be in every Vita owners pocket.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

JUST WIN BABY

Leyburn posted:

Hahaha, check out these winners http://t.co/L53IKLUU

Apologies if any of them are in this thread.

I wonder how much Taco Bell they ate to try to get it early.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Temascos posted:

Gravity Daze got a very positive write up in Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ity-daze-review

When I played the demo on Friday it just felt so natural, this game really should be in every Vita owners pocket.

Everything I have seen or read about this game has been amazing.

Why did you delay it Sony? Why?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

STILL BAKIN, UNTIL I DIE
YOU CAN BRING YOUR DOUGH MOTHERFUCKER
I BE BAKIN, THEY WONDER RYE

It's a PSN exclusive in Europe but when is it coming out?

«1245 »