Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1272 »
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

Yeah, that's about as far as I understand it as well. PS Vita operates on the same rules w/r/t the PlayStation Network that the PSP did: only one active account, with only the content from said account accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabbitsyndrome
Apr 4, 2011

Like pretty much everybody else who ordered from Amazon, Hot Shots Golf arrived in the mail today, so now I'm just patiently waiting until Wednesday for my Vita to come.

Also if you want to feel better about your Hot Shots Golf scores, feel free to add me:
PSN: rabbitsyndrome
http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=202

rabbitsyndrome fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 05:13

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Wait, Shinobido 2 is by Aquire, and is basically Way of the Samurai with a ninja instead?

Holy loving poo poo I'm going out and buying this on Wednesday.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

This was probably mentioned before in the previous thread but how many Vitas can share one PSN account? It was nerfed from 5 PS3s to 2 PS3s recently. If I am not mistaken it was either only one or two Vitas being able to share a PSN account.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Shards of Fate posted:

This was probably mentioned before in the previous thread but how many Vitas can share one PSN account? It was nerfed from 5 PS3s to 2 PS3s recently. If I am not mistaken it was either only one or two Vitas being able to share a PSN account.

Two. From what I understand, Vita and PSP occupy the same place in the account activation system so if you have 2 activated PSPs you'll need to deactivate one of them.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Policenaut posted:

Two. From what I understand, Vita and PSP occupy the same place in the account activation system so if you have 2 activated PSPs you'll need to deactivate one of them.

That's good news. At least I can gameshare with my brother.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 10, 2007

Well, I caved. A 16gb and an 8gb card with a Vita will be coming for me on the 22nd. I'll be using the 8gb one for my spergy Japanese Anime PSP games and my 16gb one for my spergy English-translated Japanese Anime PSP games. I also ordered a copy of Uncharted.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Now buy 5 more launch titles. You know you want to.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Seriously getting like 8 launch games, I need help

I now know the pain that the Steam thread has

NINbuntu 64
Feb 10, 2007

flyboi posted:

Now buy 5 more launch titles. You know you want to.

gently caress that, I just want to play Valkyria Chronicles 3 on an OLED screen.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

NINbuntu 64 posted:

gently caress that, I just want to play Valkyria Chronicles 3 on an OLED screen.

Can you speak Japanese or do you use a translation guide? (Has anyone here played it with a translation guide? Was it enjoyable despite not knowing the plot?)

How do you buy it online? I'm in the USA.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

MotorStorm RC (North America: Q1 2012. Europe: Launch Title. PSN Exclusive)

What happened to Motorstorm RC being a launch day title? IGN dates in 2/22, Sony Australia dates it 2/23, and there's not one mention of a Motorstorm RC delay in Google.

Source 1: http://games.ign.com/articles/119/1192614p1.html
Source 2: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ve-time-trials/
Source 3: http://au.playstation.com/motorstormrc/

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title

NINbuntu 64 posted:

I just want to play Valkyria Chronicles 3 period.

belt
May 12, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Seriously getting like 8 launch games, I need help

I now know the pain that the Steam thread has

I remember back in the day when I'd buy a console, I'd get one launch title and I'd play that until I pretty much wore the paint off of it.

I have too much disposable income as an adult.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

IRSmurf posted:

What happened to Motorstorm RC being a launch day title? IGN dates in 2/22, Sony Australia dates it 2/23, and there's not one mention of a Motorstorm RC delay in Google.

Source 1: http://games.ign.com/articles/119/1192614p1.html
Source 2: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ve-time-trials/
Source 3: http://au.playstation.com/motorstormrc/

Oh, I wrote that back when MotorStorm RC hadn't been confirmed as a launch game in the states but was in Europe. So basically after the game was announced. I'll fix it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Marvellous OP Policenaut, you are making a lot of goons spend their money with your constant streams of awesome news. Don't know why you are getting 8 launch games, you seriously can't have time to play them when you are busy scouring the web for info for us.

Your pictures are all messed up in the game section though. You were linking 3 pics to each title? They've got a bit scrambled, there are 3 almost random pictures with some of the games.

Goons, add me to your Vita for hot friendlist action. PSN: Parkingtigers X
I'm not on the goon database because the website was being a whiny little bitch and I figured life was too short and I'd just list myself here instead.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Oh, I wrote that back when MotorStorm RC hadn't been confirmed as a launch game in the states but was in Europe. So basically after the game was announced. I'll fix it.

I should have been more specific. I have never seen Motorstorm RC available for sale or pre-order anywhere. What is this, a stealth delay?

EDIT: thehut.com (UK?) lists an April 13th release date --> http://www.thehut.com/10587815.html

EDIT2: Wikipedia says "MotorStorm: RC will be the fifth MotorStorm game, and will be released for Playstation Vita and Playstation 3 on 22 February 2012 in Europe[2], the release dates for both Japan and North America are unconfirmed." --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotorS...#MotorStorm:_RC

EDIT3: Community Mod on Sony's PlayStation forums confirmed 2/22 release for EU, unknown release date in NA --> http://community.us.playstation.com...tart=0&tstart=0

IRSmurf fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 06:13

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

MotorStorm RC is supposed to be a PSN game from what I understand.

Parkingtigers posted:

Your pictures are all messed up in the game section though. You were linking 3 pics to each title? They've got a bit scrambled, there are 3 almost random pictures with some of the games.

Really? I opened all the pictures before posting that thing, maybe I should empty cache and try again.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Policenaut posted:

Really? I opened all the pictures before posting that thing, maybe I should empty cache and try again.

Seems fine to me...

Best OP ever. Amazing work

Man I can't believe I still have to wait a week to play!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Huh, I reloaded the OP and the pictures all shuffled themselves into the right place. Worry not Policenaut, my browser just couldn't handle the awesome it seems.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 10, 2007

redreader posted:

Can you speak Japanese or do you use a translation guide? (Has anyone here played it with a translation guide? Was it enjoyable despite not knowing the plot?)

How do you buy it online? I'm in the USA.

My japanese is very limited, extremely so. I can make out most of the menus and with a bit of work I can figure out mission objectives. I'm working on expanding my knowledge so I can figure out what's going on though.

Thankfully, the interface was almost the same as VCII's, so I could identify units and commands right off the bat.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Time writes PS Vita is, "Beautiful, Expensive and Worth It."

This was new informaiton for me:

Time posted:

I was able to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss for about three-and-a-half hours before the display cut out (fortunately, it only took a little over an hour to fully recharge).

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Dat OP.

Nice job Policenaut, it's much appreciated. My US account is BreakAtmo (so original) and I do want to be added, but yeah, won't have a Vita until the end of the month, and I'm not sure how long it will take for my 32GB card to arrive in Australia from VideoGamesPlus, so I may well be taunted by my unplayable Vita for a few days. I guess I can be added later. I still don't know exactly which games I'll be getting for sure apart from BlazBlue anyway.

Oh well. Here's to a great new beginning for portable gaming starting this month. Vita-Men, forward-MARCH!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Yeah, most devices charge up about three times as fast as they run down. You can also play while charging from the mains, and even if you run it down all the way so that it shut off you only need to wait a couple of minutes into the charging process before you can boot back up again and carry one where you left off. It's pretty good.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"

Fantastic Op! I can't wait to get my Vita. Amazon have shipped Wipeout/HSG and I should hopefully have them in my hands at the end of the week. It will feel really weird having games to a system I don't own.

Not long until the 23rd here in Australia

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

Would it be reasonably easy to get Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on a Vita that would be primarily used with a US PSN account? From what I've heard, I would just have to track down a japanese PSN card, download the game on a japanese account, and then reinitialize to my US account?

As long as that all works fine, it seems like MHP3 is the way to go for Vita Monster Hunter for now as long as you don't mind the whole japanese thing.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fruit Chewy posted:

Would it be reasonably easy to get Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on a Vita that would be primarily used with a US PSN account? From what I've heard, I would just have to track down a japanese PSN card, download the game on a japanese account, and then reinitialize to my US account?

As long as that all works fine, it seems like MHP3 is the way to go for Vita Monster Hunter for now as long as you don't mind the whole japanese thing.

Sadly, no. You'd have to actually be logged into the Japanese PSN account to play it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

That's titanic, Policenaut!

Giantbomb hosted a multi-hour look at the Vita and it's games. They're somewhat uninformed about some of the stuff (who wouldn't be) but give a rather comprehensive look at the entire US launch line up.

It'll probably hit their site soon, but it's archived on justin.tv here.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Fruit Chewy posted:

With the way things are looking, you would be better off either getting Monster Hunter Freedom Unite from the USA PSN or waiting for Monhan Vita.

PS Vita supposedly treats digital content the same way the PSP did, which means that the active account running on the Vita has to match the owner of the digital game you're trying to run. So if you buy P3rd off JPN Account and try to run it on USA Account, it won't let you. This is just how I understand it though, if someone who owns a Vita wants to run at it and prove me wrong, go for it!

Seriously, I've blown 15k yen on Japanese PSP games. I'd love to be told that I could download them all and play them on my USA account.

Anyway, if you want to get P3rd on digital. The Japanese PSN sells it for 2,990 yen and you can buy a 3,000 yen ticket for about $54 USD.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Sadly, no. You'd have to actually be logged into the Japanese PSN account to play it.

Sony

I suppose I'll settle for Freedom Unite until the potential Vita MH title is released then.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003

I'm pretty particular about battery lifespan in devices like this that don't have removable batteries, so I feel like I should ask if the Vita has the kind of battery that should be fully charged before turning it on for the first time, or if I'll be fine turning it on straight out of the box.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Woah Policenaut, looks like you've decked out the new thread nicely!

Here's to crazy fun Vita games for the rest of the year folks!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

Game currently not available on

Parkingtigers posted:

Marvellous OP Policenaut, you are making a lot of goons spend their money with your constant streams of awesome news. Don't know why you are getting 8 launch games, you seriously can't have time to play them when you are busy scouring the web for info for us.

He quit the bad habit of sleeping a year ago.

Policenaut posted:

Oh and there's no joke in the thread title because I didn't feel like thinking of one. Deal with it.

I think the implied joke is Sony and the unavoidable trainwreck she will transform PSVita into.

Policenaut posted:

Anyway, if you want to get P3rd on digital. The Japanese PSN sells it for 2,990 yen and you can buy a 3,000 yen ticket for about $54 USD.

I'm almost sure I've seen a version of Persona 3 on the european PSN, but maybe that's not the same version he is thinking of.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Space_Butler posted:

I'm pretty particular about battery lifespan in devices like this that don't have removable batteries, so I feel like I should ask if the Vita has the kind of battery that should be fully charged before turning it on for the first time, or if I'll be fine turning it on straight out of the box.

It should be noted that you can actually replace the Vita's battery, but I believe it involves going at the thing with a screwdriver. So swapping out batteries on the go isn't likely to be feasible, but you'll probably be able to replace the battery with something more powerful at some point. Does anyone know exactly what kind of batteries the Vita uses and if Vita-compatible batteries with more juice are already available?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Any news/reviews on dungeon hunter alliance? I want an rpg or at least SOMETHING that will fill that Phantasy Star, Persona, God Eater fix until something arrives.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I'll say this much; the lack of physical region locking alone is making this a lot more appealing than the 3DS ever was.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

zarron posted:

Any news/reviews on dungeon hunter alliance? I want an rpg or at least SOMETHING that will fill that Phantasy Star, Persona, God Eater fix until something arrives.

Giant Bomb did an informal quick look marathon of the launch titles earlier. Dungeon Hunter looked pretty much identical to the iPhone version which is to say not very good at all. You may be able to find said quick look on their site but I'm not positive that it's uploaded yet.

It was decent as a mobile game but on a system which can handle actual games it just doesn't stack up. Personally, I would wait for that Diablo clone that they used to demonstrate the PSP/Vita save transferring stuff.

Fruit Chewy fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 07:23

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

It should be noted that you can actually replace the Vita's battery, but I believe it involves going at the thing with a screwdriver. So swapping out batteries on the go isn't likely to be feasible, but you'll probably be able to replace the battery with something more powerful at some point. Does anyone know exactly what kind of batteries the Vita uses and if Vita-compatible batteries with more juice are already available?

The internal battery has a 2,200 mAh capacity. The external battery has a 5,000 mAh capacity. That's all I know.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title

zarron posted:

From what I've gathered it's a modestly well recieved iPhone game that already has a PS3 port on the PSN. It doesn't look completely horrible on youtube, may be worth a look if it's cheap and you really can't wait til Disgaea in April or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

I'll repost my warranty question from the previous thread.

Is Sony's warranty international or strictly domestic? I ask because I'm leaving for home in six weeks and I need to know whether or not my Australian bought PS Vita can be sent to Sony's repair shop in Sweden if it'd break or if I'd have to ship it back to Australia.

A poster in the last thread (and numerous hits on Google) said that I'd have to send it back to Aussieland whilst the clerks at GameStop said that I'd covered in Sweden as well. What gives?

«1272 »