Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1245 »
Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Parkingtigers posted:

PSOne native play is definitely coming, we're just not sure when. It's supposed to be sooner rather than later though, PSP backwards compatibility was their first priority, but the PSOne stuff is second on the list.

Policenaut posted:

I can't find the article but Sony has confirmed that native non-remote play PSOne Classic support is coming to Vita "soon".

Also to people interested in physical copies of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, my local EB Games has informed me that most stores are only getting very few copies of this game. My store's shipment for tomorrow apparently only had one non-pre ordered copy of the game, so I pre-ordered it. You might want to pre-order if you want a physical copy.

Thank you both very much. I'll be getting one then, and and 8GB stick because.. well.. I use a 4GB stick on my Original PSP and that is way more than enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Though to be fair, they make a point:

This has pretty much been Sony America and Europe's idea for the PSP as opposed to Sony Japan's UMD Passport idea. They want publishers to drop the prices to more reasonable, cheaper ones so that everyone who wants the game can get a more fair price rather than just those who originally bought the game on UMD.

The problem is that they've done a really horrible job of telling people this. Sony Europe does have the "PSP Power Sale" every week, which they advertise the hell out of on the PS Store, but Sony America hides the price drops in the Savings tab. Then there's the problem of publishers that won't play ball, so you get weird situations where some games like FFT or Trails in the Sky are $10/20 but you get games like Persona 1 or Kenka Bancho that are $40.

You can see where they're going with it, but it's kind of half-baked like a lot of SCEA's ideas.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Policenaut posted:

This has pretty much been Sony America and Europe's idea for the PSP as opposed to Sony Japan's UMD Passport idea. They want publishers to drop the prices to more reasonable, cheaper ones so that everyone who wants the game can get a more fair price rather than just those who originally bought the game on UMD.

The problem is that they've done a really horrible job of telling people this. Sony Europe does have the "PSP Power Sale" every week, which they advertise the hell out of on the PS Store, but Sony America hides the price drops in the Savings tab. Then there's the problem of publishers that won't play ball, so you get weird situations where some games like FFT or Trails in the Sky are $10/20 but you get games like Persona 1 or Kenka Bancho that are $40.

You can see where they're going with it, but it's kind of half-baked like a lot of SCEA's ideas.

Or with the same publisher, ff4 complete for $40.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Ni ... pa?

Target's B2G1 free Vita games sale is now online. And they have Uncharted: GA for 39.99.

http://www.target.com/c/electronics...Ntx-matchallany

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Resistance is a launch title? Apparently according to Target! So it qualifies for B2G1.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Policenaut posted:

You see any evidence of this actually being their strategy? (I mean for SCEA) There's been no recent concerted price drops. Sony games always fall to reasonable prices within a few months of release, but outside of XSEED I see no consistent trends to indicate this is something they're actually pushing.

flyboi posted:

Or with the same publisher, ff4 complete for $40.

It's besides the major point, but I believe FF4 for PSP has always been $30.

e:

Harlock posted:

Resistance is a launch title? Apparently according to Target! So it qualifies for B2G1.

It decidedly isn't. Must be an error.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

fivegears4reverse posted:

I think they really mean that there was just little demand for UMD games in general, not little demand for a transfer program. I could see that. UMD sales fell pretty dramatically over the years outside of Japan.

Not that this is in any way a good statement to make. Sony ought to be building consumer inroads with a transfer program, not denying one.

Just to help quantify what Shu Yoshida was saying when he said demand was "low" in the West, some NPDs would have PSP games selling in the hundreds. Not for that month, but total. It's 100% true that software sales in the West (or at least North America) were in the shitter. Shame, too, because there really were some amazing games for the PSP, and some that were locked to UMD only. At least that won't ever happen again for Vita stuff as it'll all be on the store. Sony was right to put their foot down with devs this time around, at least.

Harlock posted:

Nah, that's a goof on their end. That game is definitely not a launch title, and it needs all the extra time it can get. Shame that'll be the first FPS on the system, as it's not nearly the kind of debut that some of the other firsts are.

[edit] Also, holy poo poo is this thread moving fast. Glad to see so much excitement; you guys are going to looooove your systems. Even a week or so after getting ours, I'm consistently blown away every day by how good some of the games look. I have zero doubt that we're going to see stuff in a few years that looks as good as PS3 stuff if not better. That poo poo looks as good as it does as launch titles is mind-blowing. I don't think any system has shown as much promise out of the gate as this one.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2012 around 23:00

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

You see any evidence of this actually being their strategy? (I mean for SCEA) There's been no recent concerted price drops. Sony games always fall to reasonable prices within a few months of release, but outside of XSEED I see no consistent trends to indicate this is something they're actually pushing.

I've been paying attention and every week they've been dropping prices on PSP games, like different publishers en masse dropping $10/$15 from the price. EA just a few weeks back slashed prices on a bunch of their games. You can look back at a bunch of PS Store updates on SCEA's blog and see "price change" on PSP games.

It seems pretty obvious to me that they're just trying to get the prices down on everything. There've been some weeks with nothing but Minis drops but it looks like SCEA's been pursuing universal price drops.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Policenaut posted:

I've been paying attention and every week they've been dropping prices on PSP games, like different publishers en masse dropping $10/$15 from the price. EA just a few weeks back slashed prices on a bunch of their games. You can look back at a bunch of PS Store updates on SCEA's blog and see "price change" on PSP games.

It seems pretty obvious to me that they're just trying to get the prices down on everything. There've been some weeks with nothing but Minis drops but it looks like SCEA's been pursuing universal price drops.

You're right, I forgot about those, but there's still dozens of untouched stuff. (HOW IS LOCO ROCO 1 STILL $23 WHEN ALL IT'S SEQUELS HAVE COST $7 FOR FOREVER NOW?)

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Persona 4 fighting game announced for US release on PS3/360 -

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/21/p...de-this-summer/

No mention of Vita here, though.

edit: oh it's the fighting game. still, I want to play the fighting game. LOL

empathe fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2012 around 23:37

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Things are going to be okay.

empathe posted:

Persona 4: The Golden announced for US release on PS3/360 -

I don't think that's The Golden. It's that fighting game spinoff.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

empathe posted:

That is not 'The Golden' its the Arena fighting game based of Persona 4. The Golden (port of p4 to vita) has not yet been announced for the vita sadly

E: haha beaten. ^^ and suck it! VV

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007
I'll shill for anything if I like it enough!

empathe posted:

That's not The Golden.

EDIT: beaten severely

I want it to come out too you guys

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

shoplifter posted:

Mine said the same, but now that it has shipped I'm getting it tomorrow.

I just got notice that mine shipped as well and that it's coming tomorrow. Dang, maybe I shouldn't have paid for the 1 day shipping.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

I picked up a 32 memory card today at Best Buy, I know they're going to be impossible to find tomorrow. I'm ready!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

I've climbed the stairway to MATURITY!

Excellent the Hori filter just shipped from Amazon with a delivery date of tommorrow. Don't know why the case hasn't gone into "Shipping Soon" status though.

Also really down on the P4 fighting game. I could have sworn when they announced it that it was gonna be a PSN/XBLA title and not full retail. Can't justify $60 for it.

Still waiting on today's PSN update. Waiting to buy Katamari and Mutant Blob.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Rinkles posted:

You're right, I forgot about those, but there's still dozens of untouched stuff. (HOW IS LOCO ROCO 1 STILL $23 WHEN ALL IT'S SEQUELS HAVE COST $7 FOR FOREVER NOW?)
You can get it with Patapon for $15 as a combo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

cronox2 posted:

Excellent the Hori filter just shipped from Amazon with a delivery date of tommorrow. Don't know why the case hasn't gone into "Shipping Soon" status though.

Also really down on the P4 fighting game. I could have sworn when they announced it that it was gonna be a PSN/XBLA title and not full retail. Can't justify $60 for it.

Still waiting on today's PSN update. Waiting to buy Katamari and Mutant Blob.

Yeah, I was really worried I wouldn't get the Hori screen protector or plastic case on time either and wouldn't touch my Vita until I did. But I got notice it just shipped, so I'm all good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Patapon's got weird pricing going on too. 1: $15.99. 2: $7.99. 3: $19.99.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Picked up Touch my Katamari and man, it's pretty darn good. The touch controls seemed fiddly in the tutorial but got better as I was playing. I don't know if I was getting used to them more or what, but they work pretty well.

BumbleChump
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!

Can anyone clarify this whole "Free Wipeout on Vita if you have it on PS3" thing? I have Wipeout HD Fury on my PS3 from when Sony gave free downloadable games to make up for the PSN outage last year. Does this mean I can download Wipeout 2048 for free?

That'd be amazing if they did. I've already got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Getting another game for free would be fantastic!

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Um Jammer 6096 posted:

Can anyone clarify this whole "Free Wipeout on Vita if you have it on PS3" thing? I have Wipeout HD Fury on my PS3 from when Sony gave free downloadable games to make up for the PSN outage last year. Does this mean I can download Wipeout 2048 for free?

That'd be amazing if they did. I've already got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Getting another game for free would be fantastic!

It just means that the HD/Fury DLC that will be made available for Wipeout 2048 will cost nothing to you if you already own Wipeout Fury on the PS3. You do not get a free game.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Anybody know why so many games were taken off this Amazon promotion?

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

What are my chances of DJ Max FEVER actually being available for my Vita since I already have it... or should I just look for Portable 3 on sale?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

empathe posted:

What are my chances of DJ Max FEVER actually being available for my Vita since I already have it... or should I just look for Portable 3 on sale?

I'm not sure about FEVER, but Portable 3 price dropped a couple weeks back. 50% off. It's only $20 now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

Anybody know why so many games were taken off this Amazon promotion?

Looks like they don't list games that are out of stock. I got Wipeout as part of the deal yesterday but it's not on there anymore. If you look up the game Amazon is out of stock and only third party sellers have it.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Mu Zeta posted:

Looks like they don't list games that are out of stock. I got Wipeout as part of the deal yesterday but it's not on there anymore. If you look up the game Amazon is out of stock and only third party sellers have it.

gently caress I got burned pretty badly for holding out to see if they'd add Dynasty Warriors to the list tomorrow. :/

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Jet Ready Go posted:

gently caress I got burned pretty badly for holding out to see if they'd add Dynasty Warriors to the list tomorrow. :/

Depending what happens tomorrow, if they add NGS+, I might reroll my plans and go Uncharted Lumines NGS+, since Blazblue is not on that list anymore.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Revitalized posted:

Depending what happens tomorrow, if they add NGS+, I might reroll my plans and go Uncharted Lumines NGS+, since Blazblue is not on that list anymore.

Yeah I was looking forward to the following set:

Uncharted
Blazblue
Dynasty Warriors

But now.. its like.. even MvC is gone.. Blaz is gone.. only Uncharted is left. :/

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Policenaut posted:

Patapon's got weird pricing going on too. 1: $15.99. 2: $7.99. 3: $19.99.

Yea I cant really understand this either. How is 1 more than 2? To be fair, 2 is the best anyway, from what Ive heard.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Hell, I saw boxed copies for 2 for $5 today and all it contains is a PSN code.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Sega is discounting the price of its PSP games on PSN until March 6 (2 weeks from now). Hopefully other publishers follow suit!!

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/02/21/pssale/

Sonic Rivals 1 and 2: $9.74 on PSN+, $12.99 on PSN (was $19.98)
Sonic Rivals 1: $5.99 on PSN+, $7.99 on PSN (was $9.99)
Sonic Rivals 2: $5.99 on PSN+, $7.99 on PSN (was $9.99)
Crazy Taxi: $4.99 (was $9.99)
Crush: $4.99 (was $9.99)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Crazy Taxi is a really good PSP port and contains both 1 and 2. I paid like $15 for it and was satisfied, so anyone with a Vita should look into it. They're great games.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

I've climbed the stairway to MATURITY!

Crush is a pretty good puzzle game too if you can get past the gaudy art design.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Now would be a good time to bring back Phantasy Star Portable on PSN! Come on Sega, I know you don't like money...

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

If I decide to venture out to Wal-Mart tonight, they'll be selling Vitas at midnight, right?

I should probably just call but

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

If anyone wants a brand-new Uncharted for Vita I'll sell it off to you for $40 shipped. You'd have to wait until I get in the mail though.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Welp I got the final game for my vita now. Now just to buy the drat thing in the morning.

I hope this game is good. Really taking a chance on this game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Settin' the world on
FIRE!

zarron posted:

Welp I got the final game for my vita now. Now just to buy the drat thing in the morning.

I hope this game is good. Really taking a chance on this game.

Well, did you like Tenchu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon93
Jan 31, 2008

That's cool.

This is getting pretty interesting. I don't know what the 3DS launch numbers were here in the US, nor the numbers for the JP Vita launch. But looking at the number of sold out games and the fact that the Vita is setting pretty near the top 100 selling things on Amazon I would say things are looking pretty drat good for the Vita, in the US at least.

Which seems weird to me since Japan supposedly has a huge boner for the PSP, shouldn't that immediately grant the Vita crazy sales? What's weirder still is that it seems that America have gotten a jumbo boner for the Vita. According to a friend of mine who unfortunately works at our local Gamestop Pre-orders have spiked so much in the past week or so they've been scrambling to get corporate to allocate more units to their store.

I for one am happy to see the Vita doing so well, the launch is like a bizzaro 3DS launch with poo poo tons of worth-while content that more or less makes use of the device's eccentric bells of whistles. We're coming up on a year out from the 3DS launch and I still have yet to see ANY worth-while titles outside of first party Nintendo games (which I've been told are delightful). That and nobody I know wants to buy a 3DS because of the Circle Pad Pro, even main stream consumers can smell blood in the water when it comes to a new revision being around the corner.

Out of the two, I would rather see the Vita come out on top. The feature set in terms of meaningful gameplay enrichment just kicks the poo poo out of the 3DS. Although I'm going to hold out till after E3 to pull the trigger on a Vita, just in case. I can't imagine how first adopter 3DS owners are going to feel after Nintendo burns them twice with a new hardware revision that has a second analog stick.

e: jesus christ

«1245 »