Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1317 »
zarron
Sep 1, 2005

^^^Thanks guys. I just bought Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen instead.
Just looking for one more game (Already bought Uncharted) to complete the "three per new console" rule that I have.

IRSmurf posted:

The internal battery has a 2,200 mAh capacity. The external battery has a 5,000 mAh capacity. That's all I know.

Is anyone selling that yet? I would buy that in an instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

IRSmurf posted:

The internal battery has a 2,200 mAh capacity. The external battery has a 5,000 mAh capacity. That's all I know.

Yeah, it's a shame they haven't announced anything like a 3000-3500 mAh internal Vita battery. Oh well, maybe one day.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

Nyko's Power Grip (comically listed as Power Girp on their official site) looks like an interesting option as far as external batteries go.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, it's a shame they haven't announced anything like a 3000-3500 mAh internal Vita battery. Oh well, maybe one day.

IIRC the rear touch pad makes the battery non-user servicable. There will be no new internal batteries.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Is Dynasty Warriors Next going to have some type of online play? This may be my third game. It's between that and Lumines....again.
drat it! I forgot Ridge Racer too! Sorry wallet. The next few months are going to kill you.

zarron fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 07:51

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

zarron posted:

^^^Thanks guys. I just bought Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen instead.
Just looking for one more game (Already bought Uncharted) to complete the "three per new console" rule that I have.

Is anyone selling that yet? I would buy that in an instant.

Release Date: Spring 2012
Price: $50-$70
Dimensions: 70x67x22mm
Weight: 145 grams (about 5 ounces)

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

This wait is starting to kill me, my hand is hovering over cancel for my 2/22 preorder, and wanting to do a last minute First Edition.

Must. Hold. Strong.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

I'm a spoiled money grubbing prick.

Got my 32gig card, Uncharted and Wipeout from Amazon today, and picking up Katamari on the 15th. Planning on getting Super Stardust and Lumines off PSN. I'm opting on the digital version of Lumines for the sole fact that I'll always have it available to play. Gah, the 22nd can't get here soon enough.

My PSN is Moai_Ou (note the underscore), for anyone who wants to kick my rear end at Wipeout.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Are there any proper details about Fifa yet? I'm getting it as part of the Morrisons pre-order deal and I'm in two minds whether to keep it or sell it. Does it have the new defending controls from the grown up version? And how is the online, does it have the same league structure as the 360 and PS3 versions?

Edit: I guess Google is my friend, Fifa Review here - http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218540p1.html

Leyburn fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 09:46

Splits
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

I've been following the last thread, just found this thread, and got an extra 450 bucks from my taxes that I didn't anticipate. I'm buying the launch Vita, but game wise I can't seem to decipher what game(s) I want. I'm just looking for a dungeon crawler along the vein of torchlight or dungeon siege 3. A portable loot game with two analog sticks means I can lay off the netflix at work and enjoy slashing poo poo to pieces. I never give a poo poo about a story, I just want to swing axes, get loot, and keep killing waves of enemies. (I am beyond sick of dynasty warriors.)

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

IIRC the rear touch pad makes the battery non-user servicable. There will be no new internal batteries.

Actually...

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/12/1...e-battery-more/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Funny thing is I can't find any mention of this in the current English online Vita manual anymore. Either I'm blind, or they've since redacted it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Funny thing is I can't find any mention of this in the current English online Vita manual anymore. Either I'm blind, or they've since redacted it.

True, I couldn't find it either. But would they really just remove that feature and make it exclusive to the Japanese model? That doesn't make any sense.

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Leyburn posted:

Are there any proper details about Fifa yet? I'm getting it as part of the Morrisons pre-order deal and I'm in two minds whether to keep it or sell it. Does it have the new defending controls from the grown up version? And how is the online, does it have the same league structure as the 360 and PS3 versions?

Edit: I guess Google is my friend, Fifa Review here - http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218540p1.html

That review seems to contradict this one: http://www.gamespot.com/fifa-soccer...review-6350180/

IGN posted:

When FIFA 12 was released at the end of last year, a lot attention was rightly focussed on its triumvirate of new innovations tactical defending, the player impact engine, and precision dribbling. Tactical defending remains unchanged you'll still be containing the opposition through a hectoring mix of applied pressure and jockeying with the intention of forcing mistakes. Similarly, players collide convincingly depending on their relative orientation and speed. There's still the occasional bizarre tangling of players, but it never ruins the illusion. Precision dribbling, however, seems to have suffered slightly in the move to Vita.

Gamespot posted:

There's a reason FIFA Football (that's FIFA Soccer to those in the US) on the Vita lacks the "12" tag of its console counterparts. Many of the franchise's compelling new features, such as the Tactical Defending System, Precision Dribbling, and the Player Impact Engine are missing, as is the excellent EA Sports Football Club online mode.

I figured I'd point it out, since you asked specifically about the new defense. I don't know who to believe.

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words

Wow, all the internal features really sold me on a Vita, along with all the games I had no idea about. My 3DS really disappointed me with its online and Streetpass. Vita is what I wanted all along.

Helps that I work at a Sony Store. I'm gonna leave Gifts all around my work ^__^

I will have to wait another week though, so Policenaut I expect you to leave me gifts (Bayfield Sony Store) by next Tuesday!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

I'm trying to weigh up whether to get the wifi or 3g model and it all comes down to Near.

What Near features will I lose out on without the 3g model?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

For people who have the system already, do you think screen protectors are a necessity? And if so, which would you recommend?

Saedar
Nov 4, 2009

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.

Any word on From Software doing anything for the Vita, like say portable Demon's Souls? That would push me over the edge in getting a Vita, That and that ninja game I love me some Tenchu.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Wikipedia Brown posted:

FIFA mix-up

Hm...the standard EA Sports M.O. when introducing a sports franchise on a new system is to use last year's feature set. I'm leaning towards the gamespot review to be right. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
unoriginal

For anyone who has it, is the web browser any good on the Vita?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

Hey, new thread! Very nice OP, Policenaut. I can always count on you to have an exhaustive amount of information regarding whatever topic you may start a thread about. Good show.

For anyone that cares, I'm Leland_Rodriguez on PSN.

punchdaily
Nov 7, 2010

So, I was at a Gamestop yesterday and gave it a spin. I was amazed at how light it is. The thing pretty much weighed nothing at all. The games look fantastic, even through dozens of people's smudgy finger prints, and it just isn't as big as people were alleging it to be. The buttons are SUPER tiny though. Smaller than the 3DS's buttons, I believe. I was really disappointed when I saw that, since I have giant hands, but I got used to the 3DS's and I could probably get used to the PSV's. I am going to wait for the PSV to be around for a while, like I did with the PSP, but I will feel a tinge of jealousy every time I see someone with one.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Policenaut posted:

Oh, the Ys trailer doesn't work? Replaced!

And that's okay Jabro, I don't mind correcting things.

There will be a midnight launch for Vita on the 22nd at American GameStops

...at a store I didn't reserve at... the bastards.

PSN: ShockLobster

Rookoo posted:

Just prior to the previous thread closing, a goon or two was complaining it was not very good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

Added everyone I'd noticed up to 5er to the goon listing.

sexart posted:

I will have to wait another week though, so Policenaut I expect you to leave me gifts (Bayfield Sony Store) by next Tuesday!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna leave some Near stuff lying around as soon as I figure it out. Uncharted's got a ton of that gift stuff going for it so I gotta get that rolling.

limaCAT posted:

I'm almost sure I've seen a version of Persona 3 on the european PSN, but maybe that's not the same version he is thinking of.

OH! Sorry, uh, "P3rd" is like the term for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. I sometimes forget that term isn't ubiquitous in the West.

Splits posted:

I've been following the last thread, just found this thread, and got an extra 450 bucks from my taxes that I didn't anticipate. I'm buying the launch Vita, but game wise I can't seem to decipher what game(s) I want. I'm just looking for a dungeon crawler along the vein of torchlight or dungeon siege 3. A portable loot game with two analog sticks means I can lay off the netflix at work and enjoy slashing poo poo to pieces. I never give a poo poo about a story, I just want to swing axes, get loot, and keep killing waves of enemies. (I am beyond sick of dynasty warriors.)

The only real hack-and-slash kinda RPG right now is Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, which could work for you. There's a demo for the game in Asia so maybe on the 22nd launch week they'll have one out over here too.

Beyond that? Warrior's Lair is a Diablo-clone currently in development for 2012. You could also look into the PSP/Minis dungeon crawlers. I don't have a list on hand at the moment though.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!

Rookoo posted:

No Flash. No HTML5. It's very basic for browsing text but not much more. I'd imagine they'll be patching in functionality in the future so hang tight.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

So with Monster Hunter on the vita, if I were to purchase a PSP version does the second stick work for the camera? I cannot stand that whole "claw grip" thing and it turned me off to the series entirely. I'd be interested in giving it another spin if I don't have to break my hand to do it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

flyboi posted:

So with Monster Hunter on the vita, if I were to purchase a PSP version does the second stick work for the camera? I cannot stand that whole "claw grip" thing and it turned me off to the series entirely. I'd be interested in giving it another spin if I don't have to break my hand to do it.

You can set the right joystick to act as the Dpad, the slide pad or the face buttons on all PSP games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Yeah, you can bring that up just by tapping and holding the menu while playing too. I believe in the previous thread someone who already owns a Vita said this can be done on the fly.

I'm thinking of buying Freedom Unite myself. Maybe if it went on sale for $10 again...

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Eat our hamburgers!
Eat hamburgers anywhere!
Let's eat hamburgers together!

I just stumbled over Playstation Plus, and am tempted to give it a go. Can anyone attest to its discounts on purchases? I'm probably gonna be all-digital for this system, so I see it as nice potential savings on tons and tons of games There seem to be freebies that get thrown around, too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

Plus has been pretty well worth it for me since I download a lot of PSN games and use a PSP Go. It's hard to tell how soon PS+ would come into effect with Vita titles, but if you're going 100% digital, it's definitely worth looking into.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Geop posted:

I just stumbled over Playstation Plus, and am tempted to give it a go. Can anyone attest to its discounts on purchases? I'm probably gonna be all-digital for this system, so I see it as nice potential savings on tons and tons of games There seem to be freebies that get thrown around, too.

I've had PlayStation Plus since March of last year and I've made back over twice what I spent on the yearly plan through discounts and freebies. No joke. If you're in it for the long term you get a ridiculous amount of stuff through it. I remember getting both RE4 and Code Veronica for $20 together, the entirety of the Sega Genesis games for free, countless discounts on the PSN for new and older games, and all those freebies...

I mean, god drat, just look what PS+ gets today. Free copies of Far Cry 2, The Simpsons Arcade, the entirety of the Sega Genesis series, and Battle Fantasia! That's easily at least $50 right there in one day in free stuff, and I'm just referring to stuff I think it worthwhile.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Eat our hamburgers!
Eat hamburgers anywhere!
Let's eat hamburgers together!

Yeah, I stumbled over a flier when googling it from back in December. Three Spyro games were free

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Policenaut posted:

I've had PlayStation Plus since March of last year and I've made back over twice what I spent on the yearly plan through discounts and freebies. No joke. If you're in it for the long term you get a ridiculous amount of stuff through it. I remember getting both RE4 and Code Veronica for $20 together, the entirety of the Sega Genesis games for free, countless discounts on the PSN for new and older games, and all those freebies...

I mean, god drat, just look what PS+ gets today. Free copies of Far Cry 2, The Simpsons Arcade, the entirety of the Sega Genesis series, and Battle Fantasia! That's easily at least $50 right there in one day in free stuff, and I'm just referring to stuff I think it worthwhile.

Oh gently caress, Far Cry 2 remote play!

AxeManiac
Nov 13, 2000

Always Drinking

CaptainPoopsock posted:

No Flash. No HTML5. It's very basic for browsing text but not much more. I'd imagine they'll be patching in functionality in the future so hang tight.

Do those things even work on the PS3 browser at this point? Sony doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on the internet browsing based on the horrible browser on the PS3.

I'm probably going to need to see a few friends with a VITA before I get one, it looks cool, but I hardly play my 3DS as is.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Wikipedia Brown posted:

That review seems to contradict this one: http://www.gamespot.com/fifa-soccer...review-6350180/

Haha. Good old games journalism.

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

I haven't played a soccer game since FIFA for the 3DO, so the new one looks incredible to me. I think I may have to get it.

This will always have a place in my heart, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...l6VHL_xQ#t=115s

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Fifa is great, you just get loving sick of its bullshit after a while. It can be the most frustrating gaming experience in the world at times.

I gave 12 a miss, but I'm tempted to hold onto the Vita version I'm getting as part of my pre-order. Not decided yet...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Sports games can be maddening over time. I don't buy them often but I own a Pro Yakyuu Spirits game on PS3 (Japanese baseball) and while I enjoy it infinitely more than MLB: The Show I find myself yelling at the TV so much.

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words

PSN: sidereal89

I will definitely be getting UMvC3, on the fence with Wipeout and Hot Shots. Hit me up bros 8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

PS+ has discounts/freebies for psp games right? It was a pretty cool service for the 30 days I got free.

[e] Ugh. a lot of the psp games are still massively over priced.

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 17:17

«1317 »