Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1188 »
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEmjOc8OtU&hd=1

Sony France is going to be announcing something on the 16th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I hate teasers for announcements.

Agnostic watermelon posted:

PS+ has discounts/freebies for psp games right? It was a pretty cool service for the 30 days I got free.

From time to time, but they seem to be few and far between. Though when I first signed up, they had Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Persona 3 Portable on sale, so it was nearly worth it just to get those two at a discount.

Minis are on sale a lot, and more often then not are free. There are a good deal of PS1 classics that go on sale as well.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 16:45

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Policenaut posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEmjOc8OtU&hd=1

Sony France is going to be announcing something on the 16th.

Stark white. Stark black. Strong bright colour as an off set. French.

PATAPON 4!!!!

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

PATAPON 4!!!!
The video description make it sound more like the launch of a generic marketing campaign or something.

"5 cities, hundreds of kilometers, 1 PlayStation Vita... last January, Players across France were stepping up to test the PlayStation Vita a full month prior to its release. Meet us February 16 to discover this yet unreleased Players Mob on weareplaystation.fr."

By the way, my PSN is as my SA name. I'll be up and running tomorrow morning with my first edition. See you guys on the greens...

EDIT: I'll just mention the "Players" and "Players Mob" were capitalized like that in the original french... they were also in english in the original french... and then those frenchies says it's us quebeckers who barely speak french... le sight.

Dantes fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 17:13

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Monster w21 Faces posted:

PATAPON 4!!!!

Last time they had a stark black, stark white campaign relative to their handheld console...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

I forgot that the PS3goons thing was still around, even though I'm on there. So here is an updated thing if you care, Policenaut:
SpacePig - PSN: Leland_Rodriguez

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Baggot posted:

For people who have the system already, do you think screen protectors are a necessity? And if so, which would you recommend?

I think screen protectors are necessary on all devices now. I used to be all casual about it, then on my old DS I suddenly noticed if you tilted it into the light you could see a thousand tiny scratches. You could actually feel them through the stylus when you were playing. When I got a new DS screen protectors were the first thing I had them put on, and if applied properly you forget they are there.

When I got my iPad I didn't bother with a screen protector as I had a case for it and the screen is made of glass. No worries right? Wrong. I somehow got a teeny, tiny, little divot in the glass from something (sand I think) getting shut against it. It's small, but once seen can never go unseen.

From now on, it's screen protectors for all. The Vita's front is plastic, and will scratch. The screen is gorgeous, but the slightest unremovable physical mark will mock you for years. Get a protective and replaceable sheet of film on it or at least one of you will end up regretting it.

Rookoo posted:

For anyone who has it, is the web browser any good on the Vita?

You can't watch YouTube on it as it goes to the Flash version of the site and can't do Flash. The other problem is that you can't multitask to the browser while playing a game, the game does need to close. It can run at the same time as any other app, but of course the biggest use would have been to pause a game and look up a guide.

Both of these things may be patched, but right now they are restricting. Apart from that though, it's passable for a mobile browser. Better than the garbage on a PSP, DS, or PS3, but not quite as good as any smartphone in existence.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A whole lot of people seem to be getting Hot Shots Golf. Hells yeah

SpacePig posted:

I forgot that the PS3goons thing was still around, even though I'm on there. So here is an updated thing if you care, Policenaut:
SpacePig - PSN: Leland_Rodriguez

I always care. I also encourage more people to use the site.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Oozin along on your livinroom floor

PSN: LLJK-Boinks

Does anyone know if you HAVE to put a credit card on your PSN account? I registered online but it wont let me log in because I 'didn't finish registration'. The only information I haven't filled out is my billing address and credit card. :/

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Goon from Greece

Boinks posted:

Does anyone know if you HAVE to put a credit card on your PSN account? I registered online but it wont let me log in because I 'didn't finish registration'. The only information I haven't filled out is my billing address and credit card. :/

You know, after the PSN-Anonymous debacle, I don't think I'd ever trust SONY with my CC info...

Nuitari
Jun 17, 2005

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits.

PSN: Rezae

Definitely getting Hot Shots, Wipeout, and Lumines.

May splurge on Rayman and Ninja Gaiden also. The more videos I see the more games I want.

8 more days for me .

Edit:

Update with goon database link

Nuitari fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 23:57

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

I added myself (and an entry for Wipeout 2048) to the database.

PSN: Revised_Anarchy http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=209

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

Boinks posted:

Crdit card isn't required, but as far as I know, billing info is.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Can you play games while you download poo poo from the psn? It always annoyed me that you couldn't do this on the ps3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Agnostic watermelon posted:

Can you play games while you download poo poo from the psn? It always annoyed me that you couldn't do this on the ps3.

You can play games on the PS3 while downloading stuff, it's just that you can't play anything with an online element. So like if you play a strictly single player PS3 game with no online features then it'll work.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Here's my details - charismaslover - PSN: charismaslover

I will be getting Wipeout 2048, Fifa, Lumines and Super Stardust Delta on launch day, UK goon also. Couldn't see listings for the other games on the website yet so just added Wipeout for now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

Policenaut posted:

You can play games on the PS3 while downloading stuff, it's just that you can't play anything with an online element. So like if you play a strictly single player PS3 game with no online features then it'll work.

I hate the "online element" of this. Things wouldn't download while I was playing NHL games because they had to be online to keep you updated on current EA sales and DLC offers whether you were playing online or not. It drove me insane. I hope this is fixed with the Vita.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

SpacePig posted:

I hate the "online element" of this. Things wouldn't download while I was playing NHL games because they had to be online to keep you updated on current EA sales and DLC offers whether you were playing online or not. It drove me insane. I hope this is fixed with the Vita.

Everyone hopes, but you know it won't be because EA are arseholes.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

I've got my Vita and a memory card pre-ordered but I cant decide on a launch game. I really like Uncharted but I wanna wait until it gets cheaper. I've been thinking about Wipeout or Virtual Tennis or even perhaps Shinobido. Does anybody have any idea how many demos there are gonna be on the store during the launch window?

Also my PSN: AngelesXO

http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=34

AngelesXO fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 18:40

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

My PSN: tehgrif

Should be getting Hot Shots, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, Wipeout, Rayman, Escape Plan, and Katamari. Because I have no self control.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

^^^ Having no self control owns. MORE HOT SHOTS GOLF

AngelesXO posted:

I've got my Vita and a memory card pre-ordered but I cant decide on a launch game. I really like Uncharted but I wanna wait until it gets cheaper. I've been thinking about Wipeout or Virtual Tennis or even perhaps Shinobido. Does anybody have any idea how many demos there are gonna be on the store during the launch window?

Also my PSN: AngelesXO

Alright, I'm not entirely sure about the demo situation but I know that quite a few Vita games have demos in Asia/Japan.

Gravity Rush, Little Deviants, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss all have English language demos in Asia, so it's assumed they will release at some point in the West. Sony has already confirmed that tonight North America will get demos for Hustle Kings and Super Stardust Delta. If I were Sony, I'd have an Uncharted demo out for the launch on 22nd.

edit: Both Dungeon Hunter and Dynasty Warriors have demos in Japan, so those might get Western releases in English as well.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

So I got to try a Vita at a Gamestop for about 20 mins. Tried demos of Little Deviants, Hot Shots, Wipeout, and Uncharted. Was very impressed with the hardware itself. The screen look amazing and it is far lighter than I thought it would be.

Also talked about it with a friend during lunch today. Im getting really pumped. I think Im going 3G due to all the game centric near features. Not sure how much ill use it in the long-run, but its a nice option.

Also really looking forward to e3 Vita game announcements. So many options when it comes to console franchises, PSN games, and iphone-style games.

Giving a big recommendation to Rayman. Bought it on PS3 and its amazing. Has a lot of legs in regards to total completion.

Maybe if I hope hard enough, Burnout and Mass Effect will make it to Vita.

strategery fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2012 around 18:57

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

He's always
right there.

tehgrif posted:

Because I have no self control.

• Lumines
  • Uncharted
  • Wipeout
  • Escape Plan
  • Shinbido

e: Shut up, Policenaut! Don't you convince me to get Hot Shots Golf! DON'T YOU DARE!

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Wipeout
Ridge Racer
Motorstorm RC
Super Stardust Delta
Hustle Kings
Vice City Stories
Escape Plan (reviews pending)
and whatever that cheap Darts game is

I wish next week would just hurry up already.

Shlapintogan
Jul 15, 2011

HAW

I'm not going to be able to get my Vita until around my birthday, but I've already got my memory card! ...

I'm going to see about getting WipEout, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Uncharted, Touch My Katamari, and maybe a few others ASAP.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Okay, I actually stopped playing my game and went to see what Vita demos exist in Asia/Japan for a better reference. These are the games in Asia/Japan that have demos.
  • AR Combat Digi Q (Japanese)
  • Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (Japanese)
  • Dynasty Warriors Next (Japanese)
  • Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (Japanese)
  • Gravity Rush (English, Japanese)
  • Hustle Kings (English) [not actually in Asia/Japan, getting an NA/EU release]
  • Little Deviants (English, Japanese)
  • Ragnarok Odyssey (Japanese)
  • Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (Japanese)
  • Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: The 11th Suspect (Japanese)
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts (Japanese)
  • Super Stardust Delta (English, Japanese) [not actually in Asia/Japan, getting an NA/EU release]
  • Tales of Innocence R (Japanese)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (English, Japanese)
  • Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition (Japanese)
  • WipEout 2048 (Japanese)
Out of those games, I'd say 2/3rds of them are coming to North America. So there's quite a wide berth of games that could have their English language version release overseas or be re-released overseas in English.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

I think I've decided on the launch games I'm going to pick up. Currently I am thinking Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom.

I think at this point I should just get those as otherwise I'm going to keep changing my mind constantly.

X_ThePerfect here is my Goon Database link, PSN is the same as my username here. I am also a UK goon.

I'm hoping they give us some prices for digital versions of games with tomorrows store update (I know we probably aren't getting any vita games on the EU store until next week), as the FAQ last week suggested there would be some information regarding our vita games.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Wow thanks. Okay I see that there is demo from all the games I am currently interested so I'll probably wait for them to come here and try them out. Or if my impatience takes over(very likely) just buy one of them on the PSN store.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004
Number One In The Hood, G

Definitely getting Ninja Gaiden, Rayman, and Escape Plan. Leaning toward Super Stardust after all the positive hype. Interested in Army Corps of Hell, Lumines, and Shinobido pending reviews/price drops.

Uncharted and the 16gb card showed up yesterday. Cannot believe how goddamn small that memory card really is. That thing will NEVER leave the Vita because I will never see it again otherwise. I haven't even taken it out of the cardboard because I don't want it loose for longer than it takes to put it in the unit.

Also: gently caress this no manual bullshit. I know they are redundant when every game has a tutorial these days, but if I'm going to shell out $40-50 for a game (a handheld game, no less), can't they at least give me a nice, beefy manual to flip through? Blugh.

AntiTheist
Feb 25, 2011

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the free game with the US 3G bundle is Super Stardust PLUS all the DLC. Nice!

K-Hutch
Dec 18, 2007

BLUE CTHULHU
Tangueray Rangpur Gin
Blue Curacao
Lemonade Concentrate

My PSN: chocoison http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/index.php?u=198

I've been spending all day yesterday and today putting Hot Shots Golf in my Hori Tough Pouch, and taking it back out. Waiting for my Vita is driving me nuts.

I'm also picking up:
Katamari
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta (since it's the free 3G registration game)

As well as the PSP must haves:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

gently caress this thread, just placed an order for Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf

Desjardy
Aug 11, 2010

Added myself to the PS3 database for the Vita games.
PSN: DesjardyCA

Hopefully Sony updates the store to include all the other release titles, my HK PS Vita is still lacking english games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I find it amazing that basically everyone is buying Hot Shots Golf. When Vita was still in the distant future, everyone was going on and on about Uncharted or whatnot but now that we're less than 24 hours away from launch everyone's going HOT HOT HOT

FORE!

Desjardy posted:

Added myself to the PS3 database for the Vita games.
PSN: DesjardyCA

Hopefully Sony updates the store to include all the other release titles, my HK PS Vita is still lacking english games :/.

Do you have a link to your new profile? I'm adding you but I'd like to have the link to save time.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Here's my info. Plan on picking up Hot Shots and Wipeout.

PSN: UScr00ge - PS3 Goon Link

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title

K-Hutch posted:

As well as the PSP must haves:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle

You forgot Persona 3 Portable, Tactics Ogre and FFT War of the Lions.

K-Hutch
Dec 18, 2007

BLUE CTHULHU
Tangueray Rangpur Gin
Blue Curacao
Lemonade Concentrate

BGrifter posted:

You forgot Persona 3 Portable, Tactics Ogre and FFT War of the Lions.

I already played Persona 3 and FFT on the PSP. But if I hadn't, they would certainly be added to that list. Tactics Ogre will be in my queue shortly.

XionPi
May 8, 2006

Oh God get it off me!

Policenaut posted:

Sports games can be maddening over time.
I get it!

PSN - XionPi

Hot Shots Golf is already sitting on my desk waiting for 8 days to pass. Also getting Ridge Racer (assuming that Gold Pass thing happens as expected) and debating between Ninja Gaiden and BlazBlue.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title

K-Hutch posted:

I already played Persona 3 and FFT on the PSP. But if I hadn't, they would certainly be added to that list. Tactics Ogre will be in my queue shortly.

I only mention it because so many goons seem unaware of how amazing the last couple years of the PSP's life were. So many good games, those five are just the AAA cream of the crop titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Oozin along on your livinroom floor

SpacePig posted:

Crdit card isn't required, but as far as I know, billing info is.

Well crap, it wont let me put in the billing info without credit card info. Guess I'll wait until I get my Vita and see if it lets me log into the device.

«1188 »