Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1240 »
J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

keyframe posted:

Haha gently caress getting lumines. I will avoid that poo poo at all costs. I have lost months of my life to the psp version.

I don't know why, but I did the same and just the word Lumines makes me feel good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Jet Ready Go posted:

I don't know if this has been answered yet but how does region switching work? I've heard you don't necessarily need two psn accounts (us and Japanese) to access both stores, heard rumors you could just switch your region and access the Japanese store through your US account.

Is any of what I read true?

I also heard something about sub accounts, can those be set to different regions?

Han Yolo
Feb 14, 2012

keyframe posted:

Haha gently caress getting lumines. I will avoid that poo poo at all costs. I have lost months of my life to the psp version.

Yeah, there was a stretch where I was really hooked on the first game. I would go to sleep thinking about the game and wake up thinking about it too. There's no way I'm not getting this one.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

flyboi posted:

I played it for a bit. It's pretty cool, the mechanics it uses on the vita are very well integrated but I can't give a firm review yet, I've only done 10 or so puzzles and am still finishing up the intro stuff.

Alright finished the first 2 areas, I'm kind of on the fence on the game. I think it's an interesting puzzler, but it feels like it's a never-ending training session. The frustrating thing though is 99% of the 'training' is trial by fire where you basically just gotta gently caress around and click/swipe/pinch aimlessly until you find something that reacts.

If you like weird puzzlers I guess this game's alright but I definitely won't be focusing time on it, just a leisure game for me.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

gently caress. I was going to wait a little while before buying a Vita since my existing backlog is already massive.

Then I watched the Giant Bomb Lumines Quick Look and it reminded me that I loving LOVE LUMINES.

So I just ordered a Wi-Fi Vita and a 32GB memory card

Mr EFord
Apr 30, 2006

Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached

Man, I was pretty hyped about this system, and it somehow managed to match my expectations.

The place I reserved Uncharted and Lumines at doesn't have Vita games in yet (local gig), but I picked up Wipeout with my bundle today.

The Vita is awesome, Wipeout is awesome, this poo poo is just awesome.

(Add me, PSN: mreford)

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

flyboi posted:

just a leisure game for me.
I was about to make a smart rear end comment to you about how a game is by definition a leisure thing, then I remembered that Dynasty Warriors comes out next week.

And that I'm a trophy whore...
And that I will grind those friendship levels all the way up... again.

God I just bought myself a new enslaving machine ! (and it's portable now)

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crowbear posted:

gently caress. I was going to wait a little while before buying a Vita since my existing backlog is already massive.

Then I watched the Giant Bomb Lumines Quick Look and it reminded me that I loving LOVE LUMINES.

I feel like 90% of the reason I want Lumines on launch is because of all the flashy effects and sound.

It's like the equivalent of jingling keys in front of my face.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Goddamn the Vita is just gorgeous. And Lumines is just loving amazing as I knew it would be.

Hell add me on PSN: Harukochan

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Checking out the best selling items on the Vita store is pretty neat. Super Stardust Delta is the best selling Vita game and, somehow, Corpse Party is the best selling PSP game. Go little visual novel go!

Also neat is that a majority of the best PSP sellers are games that benefit from a right stick, such as Dissidia, Gladiator Begins, and Monster Hunter.

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Oh yeah, I got my FEB Vita today, I've been addicted to Hot Shots Golf and Super Stardust and now I just bought Lumines.... my social life is over!

This is the best birthday gift I bought myself in years.

PSN: Grinspork

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Policenaut posted:

Checking out the best selling items on the Vita store is pretty neat. Super Stardust Delta is the best selling Vita game and, somehow, Corpse Party is the best selling PSP game. Go little visual novel go!

Also neat is that a majority of the best PSP sellers are games that benefit from a right stick, such as Dissidia, Gladiator Begins, and Monster Hunter.

Corpse Party is seriously awesome, and I pray it starts a trend of more downloadable visual novels.

I was lucky enough to have gotten it for free, but it's worth the $20 easily.

Again, curious what the Vita does to enhance games like that. Does it upscale the text font as well?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Crowbear posted:

Does anyone know what "the trick" is to Lumines that they mention at the start of the video, that ruins the game?

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009

You know what'd be awesome? If Sony did a BIG sale on PSP games next Tuesday to accompany the big launch. I'm just sayin'...

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

the mission
killer is bread

I still don't understand Sony's reasoning behind removing the video out feature from the PSVita compared to most models of the PSP. Just one USB to component video cable and I could play all my PSP games on my TV. It was so handy, then I hear that they removed the feature from the Vita - dick move, Sony.

I'm probably going to hold out on purchasing a Vita until they make a second model with video out (because if it goes anything like the PSP and PS3, they'll release another 6 models before they settle on one), and the Australian price dips somewhere below $349 for a wifi model because that's a pretty ridiculous price tag.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

Since Sony is making me wait 30 days before I can get Super Stardust I downloaded the PSP version through my PS3. After changing the control scheme for the face buttons to use the right stick the game is a dream. I can't wait to fire up Peace Walker and buy Monster Hunter now. Of course, Michael Jackson has to stop his hold on me.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012

toddy. posted:

I still don't understand Sony's reasoning behind removing the video out feature from the PSVita compared to most models of the PSP. Just one USB to component video cable and I could play all my PSP games on my TV. It was so handy, then I hear that they removed the feature from the Vita - dick move, Sony.

I'm probably going to hold out on purchasing a Vita until they make a second model with video out (because if it goes anything like the PSP and PS3, they'll release another 6 models before they settle on one), and the Australian price dips somewhere below $349 for a wifi model because that's a pretty ridiculous price tag.

As powerful as the Vita is I suppose it could cannibalize PS3 sales slightly if you could just hook it up to a TV.

Other than that, the only valid reason I can think of would be cost cutting.

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

2012 posted:

You know what'd be awesome? If Sony did a BIG sale on PSP games next Tuesday to accompany the big launch. I'm just sayin'...

That is what I am continuing to hope for.

If they did at least a 50% discount to all their "most popular" PSP titles, I would happily double-dip on several UMD titles I own, then selling my physical copies to further recoup the cost.

I'm also wondering when they're going to address the lack of Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep in the store, two games I would really like to use on the Vita thanks to its right stick.

The only answer I can think of is that Square told Sony they plan to release PS3/Vita remasters, but at their current rate of development, it'll be mid 2013 before we see one or the other.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

Was just thinking, there's this little accessory port right next to the cartridge port. Whose to say video out just wasn't a priority initially, and will be added later utilizing that port? It's got to be used for something, and since there's already a microphone, two cameras, GPS, 3G, and a touchscreen for keyboard, there's not exactly a ton of things they would need to do with that port.

Crow_Robot
Apr 4, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Edison Carter posted:

Was just thinking, there's this little accessory port right next to the cartridge port. Whose to say video out just wasn't a priority initially, and will be added later utilizing that port? It's got to be used for something, and since there's already a microphone, two cameras, GPS, 3G, and a touchscreen for keyboard, there's not exactly a ton of things they would need to do with that port.

Skylanders portal.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Primoman posted:

I'm also wondering when they're going to address the lack of Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep in the store, two games I would really like to use on the Vita thanks to its right stick.

The only answer I can think of is that Square told Sony they plan to release PS3/Vita remasters, but at their current rate of development, it'll be mid 2013 before we see one or the other.

I want to see these too. I've heard the thing with BBS (which I still haven't played )is that Disney doesn't like digital distribution. Not sure about Crisis Core though. I would like to see remasters though. Maybe they could release a couple of remaster collections for the Vita - an FF7 one with Vita ports of Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus, and a KH one with ports of 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep. I'd buy the poo poo outta those.

Primoman
Jan 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I can tell you for certain that Square will never re-release any of their games in packs of two; BbS and CC will likely be sold separately.

But that's okay, as both games have plenty of content and need little sprucing up to work on the PS3.

All I want above all else is online multiplayer for BbS and Dissidia.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Primoman posted:

I can tell you for certain that Square will never re-release any of their games in packs of two; BbS and CC will likely be sold separately.

But that's okay, as both games have plenty of content and need little sprucing up to work on the PS3.

All I want above all else is online multiplayer for BbS and Dissidia.

Goddamn stingy Square-Enix. Oh well, hopefully they do remaster them eventually.

Also, for Aussies, SPF case is on OzGameShop for $23.99: http://www.ozgameshop.com/playstati...pf-case-ps-vita

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Re-downloaded Peace Walker and tried to install via PS3... didn't work.
Ugh!

edit: Also couldn't do DJ MAX Fever... I thought people were able to get these.

empathe fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 07:30

Count Big Nipples
Feb 15, 2012

I picked up a brand new PSP-3000 today for next to nothing. The games are going really cheap as well. I will warn though that I got the guy behind the counter to search and not one store in my city has any PSP's in stock. I got the last one it seems. Awesome.

I got the Twisted Edition of Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday for $29 and Crisis Core for $12. I would say that now is a good time to start picking up cheap UMD games before they disappear.

EDIT: I should also mention that these are Australian dollars and the store was EB Games.

XionPi
May 8, 2006

Oh God get it off me!

empathe posted:

Ugh!

I had heard Peace Walker works, so not sure what to tell you there. DJ Max Fever, for some reason, was removed from the PSN at some point. DJ Max Portable 3 works on Vita, but I wouldn't expect much for Fever, so it's no longer even available to purchase.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

empathe posted:

Ugh!

Peace Walker works for me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

Game currently not available on

Caseman posted:

THE loving TRACKLIST

Why can't it be next week already?

Are the licensed songs in this lumines version sampled again beat by beat like the first one or is it like lovely l2 and xbla with fixed videos?

No, because Lumines 1 was sampled, you could have shinin shinin shinin go on indefenitely...

edit: or shake ya body for that matter

limaCAT fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 08:18

ComptimusPrime
Jan 23, 2006
Computer Transformer

Has anyone been able to buy games through the Vita on PSN? Mine just keeps saying it lost the connection. I can download demos easily, just no paying for games.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Anyone have any idea how to force the Vita to power off all the way I tried to hold the power button down and now I'm stuck on cancel or power off screen. I can't take the battery out because I don't know where it is.

Edit: holy crap scared me. Hold the power button for 30-45 seconds and it'll hard shut off.

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 09:36

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

I think I'm the only one here safe from Lumines fever as when I played it on the original PSP I just could not get into it. Clearly that's just me, judging by how many people love it.

Quick couple of things to improve your Vita social experience. Make sure Near has the sharing options turned on, and in the messaging app have it automatically check for new messages every 15 minutes.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 09:44

belt
May 12, 2001

So the last I heard Netflix was going to work on the Vita at launch, can anyone confirm that the Vita can do Netflix?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

belt posted:

So the last I heard Netflix was going to work on the Vita at launch, can anyone confirm that the Vita can do Netflix?

Netflix works on smartphones and the 3DS. Your refridgerator could probably run Netflix.

Hydrogen_Otter
May 1, 2003

State of the art
High resolution graphics

belt posted:

According to Sony the system doesn't launch until the 22nd, everyone who got one this week got one early!

So in other words don't expect to hear an official word before Tuesday.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Goon from Greece

FYI, I just got done with the ATT support center. If you use a DEBIT card to purchase the data connect plan, you won't be able to access the data until the transaction actually CLEARS (not only posts).

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting

Parkingtigers posted:

I think I'm the only one here safe from Lumines fever as when I played it on the original PSP I just could not get into it. Clearly that's just me, judging by how many people love it.

Quick couple of things to improve your Vita social experience. Make sure Near has the sharing options turned on, and in the messaging app have it automatically check for new messages every 15 minutes.

I had my profile broadcasting by accident and now I got a bunch of kids sending me messages. It's quite annoying so I turned it off.

Also no, I'm avoiding Lumines as well. I really liked the first on PSP but trying 2 as well as Live it just lost the neat-ness as it seemed to not really change much at all.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Parkingtigers posted:

I have Lumines for my psp as well...I've probably logged 3 hours over 3 years. Just not my type of game I suppose. The sad thing is that all the hype for it has me wanting to pick it up I need to try and convince myself that SSD and Uncharted are a good set of launch games hehe.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone tell me how Dungeon Hunter: Alliance went from a $10 iOS game (now 99 cents) to a $12.99 PS3/PSN game to a $40 Vita title all while being the same game.

That's a pretty ridiculous mark up for a new system. If Vita could get an app store going, or have PSN downloadable games (save for full PS3 games) work on both platforms (i.e. buy it on PS3 and play it on both) - that'd be amazing. Rebranding a cheap downloadable game into a $40 retail title is pretty horrendous.

The shame is that the game really is pretty solid and fun.

vvv

Exactly what I was hoping for!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Has this wonderful bit of news been posted yet?
PS3 versions of some games get you free PS Vita equivalents and vice versa.

Includes stuff like Hustle Kings, Wipeout DLC tracks, UMvC DLC.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 15:35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Rinkles posted:

Has this wonderful bit of news been posted yet?
PS3 versions of some games get you free PS Vita equivalents and vice versa.

Includes stuff like Hustle Kings, Wipeout DLC tracks, UMvC DLC.

Also, it appears to have inadvertently announced that all of Wipeout HD/Fury is coming to the Vita, from this awkwardly-worded bit:

quote:

If you purchase WipEout 2048, you will be able to download WipEout 2048ís DLC packs, WipEout HD and HD Fury for free when they launch later this spring (if you already own the PS3 versions).

I couldn't tell what the hell that sentence meant at first, but if you postulate a Vita version of HD, it makes sense.

edit: I mean, separately from the cross-play stuff within 2048. I kind of expected the wipeout HD poo poo to end up in 2048 en masse, but the specific wording here makes it sound like an independent release.

Wikipedia Brown fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 15:45

«1240 »