Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1189 »
Evil Orca
Aug 30, 2011

So I just checked my amazon order status and my Vita is going to arrive tomorrow. It's a whole week ahead of schedule so that is pretty awesome. Only going to have Uncharted initially but I'll probably pick up Hot shot golf because that seems to be all the rage in this thread. The only bad part is that it's coming the day before a bunch of my mid terms.

Edit: Just made put my PSN account in the database: PSN: Evil_Orca

Evil Orca fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 01:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Reposting my warranty question, again.

Is Sony's warranty international or strictly domestic? I ask because I'm leaving for home in six weeks and I need to know whether or not my Australian bought PS Vita can be sent to Sony's repair shop in Sweden if it'd break or if I'd have to ship it back to Australia.

A poster in the last thread (and numerous hits on Google) said that I'd have to send it back to Aussieland whilst the clerks at GameStop said that I'd be covered in Sweden as well. What gives?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd call Sony first and foremost, but I wouldn't ever trust clerks to give you the right information on this sort of thing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

It has shipped!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't quite know how legitimate these guys are, but the Dutch gaming site "PSX-Sense" has released the world's first review for Unit 13

Here's the summary, brought to you by Google Translate
  • Great graphics. They're not as good as Uncharted and there's some anti-aliasing problems, but otherwise fine. Colorful stages, good lighting, detailed characters, just about everything is great. The character models become super low-res when covered in fire or smoke.
  • The cover system is sometimes erratic and barebones. Sometimes when you press the cover button, the character will go to a further away cover object instead of the one you wanted.
  • The camera in cover mode can be really finicky, sometimes not doing what you want and making it hard to aim.
  • Aiming can be a little slippery, however Unit 13 has the same kind of aiming adjustment settings that Uncharted has so you can fine tune it to your liking.
  • The touch screen is used minimally for regular (non menu) gameplay. Grenades are selected and aimed through the touch screen. Weapon reloading is performed with a virtual button!
  • The entire game is longer than you would expect. The missions are plentiful and you'll be playing and replaying them for awhile to get better scores/more unlockable items. They range from 10 to 30 minutes in length each! Unit 13 acts like a console game, despite its segmented mission structure. The last set of missions are supposedly very difficult.
  • The Daily Challenge is a more "pick up and play" experience, a short mission that can be replayed constantly for better scores for 24 hours. There's a new mission every day too!
  • The A.I is very hit-or-miss. Sometimes the reviewer could stay in cover and kill enemies as they mindlessly ran out to rush him without attempting to take cover themselves.

Reviewer Summary: Unit 13 shows how great a portable shooter can be. The reviewer feels he can't go back to "other" similar portable shooters (i.e. SOCOM) after playing this game. Unit 13 really proves Sony's "console level experience on a portable" ideology with its plethora of content and polish. The minor errors can hopefully be patched out, and he notes that their review build was not a final build so they could be fixed already.

It seems aside from a few launch era portable quirks the game is pretty good! I've been really interested in Unit 13 since its launch and after reading this I'll probably pick it up off the PSN. It coming out just after my birthday helps too

Desjardy
Aug 11, 2010

Heads up guys, the store is now updated with all launch titles available.

Edit: Also looks like there are more demos available than previously thought. Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Deviants, Michael Jackson, Rayman and Asphalt all have demos available now.

Desjardy fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 02:29

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

fivegears4reverse posted:

The guys at my Gamestop are such assholes and good friends at the same time. I read this post, and am immediately reminded that they have a First Edition Bundle set aside for me 'just in case' I change my mind.

So loving tempted right now aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Do it. Dooooooo iiiiiiiitttttt! I only turned on my Vita to download the patch and check it out. Now I need to recharge it as I've been playing Wipeout non-stop since then. Join me ...

All joking aside though, I do still think this is a wonderful bit of kit and it feels kind of odd to be able to recommend it at launch like this. I'm really happy you guys are finally able to join in this week. High five Vita launch buddies.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

What's the process for transferring PSP games / saves from Media Go to the content manager on PC?

Do I have to use my PSP or PS3 as an intermediary?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Desjardy posted:

Heads up guys, the store is now updated with all launch titles available.

Edit: Also looks like there are more demos available than previously thought. Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Deviants, Michael Jackson, Rayman and Asphalt all have demos available now.

...and here is what is in the store right now:
code:

Asphalt Injection                    765 MB $26.99 + demo
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend    3.33 GB $34.99
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance            1.03 GB $35.99 + demo
F1 2011                             1.42 GB $39.99
FIFA Soccer                            3 GB $39.99
FIFA Soccer Spanish Version            3 GB $39.99
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational  1.15 GB $35.99
Little Deviants                      266 MB $26.99 + demo
Lumines: Electronic Symphony         722 MB $35.99 + demo
Michael Jackson: The Experience HD   1.6 GB $35.99 + demo
ModNation Racers: Road Trip          1.5 GB $26.99
Rayman Origins                       932 MB $35.99 + demo
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3          1.5 GB $39.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss              3.2 GB $44.99 + 344MB demo
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition  1.2 GB $39.99
Wipeout 2048                         1.6 GB $35.99

Escape Plan                          842 MB $14.99
Super Stardust Delta                 208 MB $9.99, no demo found

Hustle Kings + demo not found in store yet 

Total size of all games, excluding one of the FIFA games: a little under 24 GB
Just as I post that, the PS blog finally posted the store update

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 03:44

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So uh when can we view PS Vita content on the PS3 store naturally instead of gaming it through search?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Policenaut posted:

So uh when can we view PS Vita content on the PS3 store naturally instead of gaming it through search?

Probably when us filthy non-first edition bundle plebs get our systems.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp

$50 more and I could have it tomorrow.
$50

THIS IS SO HARD

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

SSD also has a pack of additional modes available for $7.99.

Something I'm curious about - why exactly is Lumines so damned expensive? I've never played it before but I've heard the good things about it. It's just that from what I've seen it's a block puzzle game, so why is it being sold at $35.99 when something like SSD is $9.99? Does it have more content than I know about, or is it just really fun?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp OONTZ stomp

BreakAtmo posted:

SSD also has a pack of additional modes available for $7.99.

Something I'm curious about - why exactly is Lumines so damned expensive? I've never played it before but I've heard the good things about it. It's just that from what I've seen it's a block puzzle game, so why is it being sold at $35.99 when something like SSD is $9.99? Does it have more content than I know about, or is it just really fun?

Because it is the best game and you should buy it immediately. A Sony portable without Lumines on it is a goddamn shame.

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

BreakAtmo posted:

Licensing the music for Lumines probably cost more than the entire development of Super Stardust Delta.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Licensing the music for Lumines probably cost more than the entire development of Super Stardust Delta.

Ohhh, OK, that makes some more sense. Reminds me of The Wonder Years.

Caseman posted:

Because it is the best game and you should buy it immediately. A Sony portable without Lumines on it is a goddamn shame.

As I said, I HAVE heard a great deal of good things about it. I will seriously consider grabbing it when my Vita arrives.

S-Alpha
Oct 21, 2010

Fighting for truth, justice, and to Spark new moves.

On one hand, I really really want my Vita now. On the other, I realize that's stupid, and I can get it in a week with a 32 gig card and without the stuff I don't want.

Goddammit Sony why are you doing this.

Crow_Robot
Apr 4, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

I would spend the extra fifty bucks on the first edition bundle easy if it came with an 8 gig card.

That 4 gig card is just useless if you plan on doing any digital poo poo at all

Wikipedia Brown
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

It's like they went out of their way to make the First Edition bundle as unattractive as possible. 4GB card, Little Deviants, 3G model. It's exactly what I don't want. It's uncanny; it's like they read my mind and did the opposite of what they found in there.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

All of the games, excluding one of the FIFA games, total up to a little under 24 GB.

Little Deviants is also in the Playstation Store.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 03:51

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Wikipedia Brown posted:

It's like they went out of their way to make the First Edition bundle as unattractive as possible. 4GB card, Little Deviants, 3G model. It's exactly what I don't want. It's uncanny; it's like they read my mind and did the opposite of what they found in there.

To be fair Little Deviants is surprisingly fun especially for a pack in title. It shows off what all the goofy little features of the system can do better than most of the titles available other than Modnation.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

So I already have Lumines and Hot Shots sitting on the shelf, so I'm very ready to get some golfing/puzzling action going on tomorrow. PSN ID is Aoi976

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I can deal with the awkward / lame pack-in game, and I get the 3G model, but I don't understand the 4 gig card. It's like I'm being rewarded for waiting a week, which I don't understand.

I want to buy it, but I feel like I will need the bigger card, so it's a total bummer they went this route. The only way I can see myself impulse buying tomorrow is if I think it's worth it to get a 32GB card, and right now that's too much of a stretch.

GRINK HELCH fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 03:51

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

It's amazing after all this time i still read Lumines as Lu-mines instead of Lu-min-ess. Always thought it needs an extra s.

Han Yolo
Feb 14, 2012

Looks like there's going to be a Buy 2 get 1 Free on Vita games at Target from 2/19-2/25.

Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=193631

Nice. I was only planning on getting Lumines at first but I guess I'll get Rayman Origins and Hot Shots Golf with it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I guess you could say he's...
hot under the collar.
Heh.

Ack, I wish it wasn't cut off. Curious if it's something like "THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE FOUR GAMES SHOWN HERE " Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Han Yolo
Feb 14, 2012

Well it doesn't say on select games only so I think it should be good on whatever they have in stock.

Baish
Jul 29, 2010

I've come out of lurking to post my PSN id: baish24.

My launch package is relatively light (until I get my hands on it and buy everything)
- WiFi model
- 32GB card
- Uncharted
- Super Stardust

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

Do it. Dooooooo iiiiiiiitttttt! I only turned on my Vita to download the patch and check it out. Now I need to recharge it as I've been playing Wipeout non-stop since then. Join me ...

All joking aside though, I do still think this is a wonderful bit of kit and it feels kind of odd to be able to recommend it at launch like this. I'm really happy you guys are finally able to join in this week. High five Vita launch buddies.

WipEout is completely melting my face. I cant believe how far that game came in the home stretch. Anyone who thinks phones are in any kind of competition with this thing are insane. The visuals are so, so much better than screens or movies can convey.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

"Some day coach I'm going to throw 6 TD's in a Super Bowl"

"Sit your ass down Steve"

1Q84 posted:

Looks like there's going to be a Buy 2 get 1 Free on Vita games at Target from 2/19-2/25.

Nice. I was only planning on getting Lumines at first but I guess I'll get Rayman Origins and Hot Shots Golf with it.

It does say items packaged together in small print.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Rad Valtar posted:

It does say items packaged together in small print.

Which is referring to the Vita bundle, not the games

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

1Q84 posted:

Goddamn. This might just push me to also get Shinobido and some other things as well for the launch. I'll just walk in on that day and browse the shelf to see if anything is out of stock. Or oh god, I hope Amazon matches the offer.

MrMortisland
Jan 23, 2004
$297? More like $287!! LOL!

Has anyone successfully bought something off PSN? I just want to pick up Lumines but I keep getting a "connection to the server has been lost" message at various times since they put up the launch day titles.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

MrMoose posted:

Which is referring to the Vita bundle, not the games

Oh my bad I misread that.

Nuitari
Jun 17, 2005

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits.

So supposedly the Michael Jackson demo up on PSN is the full game. Trophies unlocking and no 'unlock' option like other demos.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nuitari posted:

So supposedly the Michael Jackson demo up on PSN is the full game. Trophies unlocking and no 'unlock' option like other demos.

Oh holy poo poo, did Sony really do this twice? Did they really accidentally give away ANOTHER game for free at a portable console launch?! (They gave away Undead Knights accidentally when PSP Go came out)

Do you have a link to this before I go and grab this thing?

edit: hell with it, i'm downloading it now just in case.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 05:00

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Nuitari posted:

Downloading now... cannot believe they hosed up again.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Downloading now... cannot believe they hosed up again.

Can this be downloaded on the PS3? I don't have my Vita yet.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2012 around 05:05

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

CAn this be downloaded on the PS3? I don't have my Vita yet.

Yeah. Just go onto the PS Store, search "Michael Jackson" and find the PS Vita game listing. Click it, and select the demo option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Goon from Greece

Revitalized posted:

Goddamn. This might just push me to also get Shinobido and some other things as well for the launch. I'll just walk in on that day and browse the shelf to see if anything is out of stock. Or oh god, I hope Amazon matches the offer.

You know, I'm thinking pretty hard about this but I can't seem to decide on two games other than wipeout that I'd pay full price for even if I were to get a third one for free. If only Unit 13 and LBP were out, that'd be a different story.

«1189 »