Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!

Can you only have one account per system? All my PS1 games are tied to my US account (All the ones on the EU store are crappy 50hz), am I pretty much screwed for playing them on my Vita when they add support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Really hoping that it's just this first wave of launch titles that are going to run sub-native resolution, the Vita's screen is beautiful when it's being made the most of. I bought my system with Uncharted (sub-res) and MvC3 (native-res), and there's a world of difference in image quality between the two. Uncharted in no slouch, but MvC looks gorgeous.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

I'd like to chop guys' heads off in Ninja Gaiden, but the European version is apparently censored once again. Game still owns, though.

Seriously?

Was struggling to decide between Ninja Gaiden and Wipeout... Suppose that's my decision made for me then.

keyframe posted:

Rayman is the vita title that all other vita titles should be judged by when it comes to image quality.

Downloaded the demo for Rayman, and definitely agree with this, it looks amazing. Sucks that they took out the muliplayer though, that was my favourite part about the console version.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Yep, no severed heads from human enemies (unless there's some setting I missed, but I doubt that). I assume you can still behead fiends just fine like you could in the PAL Xbox version.

Bleh, that sucks, I wonder why they did that? Sigma on the PS3 and NG2 were all uncensored in Europe, weren't they? Ahh well, it's still Ninja Gaiden, cheers for the heads-up!

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Leyburn posted:

This stupid thing keeps putting itself to sleep. Even if I'm idling in an online lobby waiting for a game to start. I can't find the option to fix it. Any clues?

There's an option in the settings menu to change it. Was driving me mad at first too, the default couldn't even make it through MvC3's opening video.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I love this system so much, but the whole memory card thing really is bullshit, they really should have given this thing some internal memory like the PSP Go had. It's bad enough they make you buy a card, but you can't even just stick a cheap SD card in or something, you have to buy something proprietary and expensive.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

SpacePig posted:

The closest to changing the sleep setting I could find was changing the screen's auto-off from 3 to 5 minutes. Is there another thing somewhere that I'm missing?

Oh, no sorry, I just set mine to 5 minutes! There might be a setting buried somewhere, but I couldn't find it either.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Mug posted:

So do Vita trophies contribute to your trophy level? And if so, does it increase on the PS3 view of your trophy card thingie?
If I get a platinum in Golden Abyss, then people look at my profile on the PS3, will it show 20 Platinums or 19? I have 19 plats in PS3 games.

They contribute, and it'll show 20, but the actual Vita games themselves don't appear on the PS3's trophy list.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Rayman seriously gets NES-hard by the end, it's insane (and awesome). I doubt I'd have been able to do it without a co-op buddy, so good luck for everyone tackling the Vita version.

Great to see so many people picking it up, it's the best 2D platformer ever made, and deserves to sell a billion copies.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Alan posted:

That and none of my PS+ minis working are my biggest nitpicks so far.

Ohh is that why none of my Minis work? Been trying to sort that all afternoon, didn't realise it was because I'd got them all through PS+

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

mitztronic posted:

Also the facebook app sucks hardcore. All it does is fail to open or crash.

It's glitched at the minute, apparently.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Jammer Jones posted:

I'm almost thinking to bringing back the retail copy of HSG (I have not opened it yet)and download it as digital download to have with me rdy to play at all times. I have about 19 gigs free on the memory card and HSG weights in at about 1.15g. I think that the trade in value for HSG will be low anyways by the time the next comes out, grr to be on the fence about things like this lol

I got physical copies of Uncharted and MvC when I bought my Vita and I'm having some serious remorse about not getting digital copies. Having everything instantly accessible is much handier on a handheld.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Damnit guys you're going to make me buy HSG, and I've already spent a fortune on games. Why does this launch lineup have to be so good?

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Speaking of, any word on when the Wipeout HD/Fury tracks will go up for download?

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

When I read about the feature I was instantly dreaming of playing Saints Row 3 or Batman on my Vita without having to be infront of the TV, which would be great, but I should have known it was something that wouldn't be widely supported and most likely never included in anything I want. Sounded too good to be true!

Remote Play is definitely disappointing, I was hoping to play my PS3 games too
Turns out that PS1 games work with it, so I gave MGS a try, and the result is ugly as poo poo and unplayably laggy. Even if they do patch in full PS3 support at some point, I doubt the feature is going to be worth using.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

5er posted:

I got Wipeout for the PSP during launch era... and did loving terrible at it.

I got Wipeout HD for the PS3 as one of the post-hack freebies. And did loving terrible at it.

If I got it for Vita, I bet I'd do loving terrible with it, too, I'm sure. The sad thing is, I love the style and design of the game, wish I could do better with it. Racing games bring me closer than any other game to breaking controllers / consoles though, I'm just not chancing it this go around.

For what it's worth, I had the exact same problem as you, but chanced it and I'm glad I did. I was absolutely loving awful at Wipeout HD, but I'm finding this new one to be much, much easier to get to grips with. I always thought HD felt too loose and floaty, but the controls in 2048 are much tighter.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Digital Jesus posted:

I'm about 40 pages behind but I'm still catching up! Sorry if this has been answered already...

I'm an Aussie but I have created a US account as well to browse the store. I see that the US PSN on Vita has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I ended up buying it, knowing that it was tied to that account as I thought it was the only way I could play it (it doesn't show in the Aussie PSN on Vita).

Anyway, I happened to be looking through PSP games on my PS3 last night and what do we have here... Monster Hunter Freedom Unite DOES exist on the Aussie store, it just doesn't show on the Vita! I assume this is because it's not flagged as compatible, but has anyone tried it? I can't imagine why the US version would be okay but not the PAL version.

The PAL version works just fine, I downloaded it and started playing last night

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

What did they do to the framerate in Ninja Gaiden? The console versions were super fast, silky smooth 60fps, in the Vita version everything feels like it's underwater.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

This stupidly awesome digital distribution service is tearing me apart! I love having everything easily accessible on the go, but I always like looking at my boxes on the shelf.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

So Uncharted just crossed over from 'Good game' to 'HOLY loving poo poo!'

SULLY!!!!

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Is the 'As Good as New' trophy in Motorstorm RC bugged or something? I've just spent the past hour re-playing the first race in the game, haven't hit a thing, and it still wont unlock.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Why does Uncharted have to have those stupid bounties? They're the only thing keeping me from the platinum

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I was really disappointed in Ninja Gaiden, mostly because the silky 60fps framerate of the console versions is gone. The Vita version runs at 30fps at best, and struggles to achieve that most of the time

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

inset posted:

Wasn't too bad getting all the bounty, since you can restart from checkpoint. I only managed to get one bounty through Black Market

drat, nice job! I'm still farming bounties

How exactly does the Black Market work anyway? I've been on it a couple of times but it never seems to give me anything.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. WTF posted:

Unless you are an frames per second weirdo, ignore this. Ninja Gaiden runs really smoothly. I'm up to chapter 5 or 6 or something, and I literally haven't noticed anything stuttering or not super smooth. To me the only downside of this game is you've probably played it before...otherwise it's awesome, and a great translation.

Now granted, I am much more about 'how does this feel/play' than any OH MY GOD DID THAT poo poo JUST DIP TO 28 FRAMES PER SECOND FOR A .10th of a MILISECOND!!!! I SAW IT!!

Eh, it's not exactly game ruining, but it's hard to recommend paying 30 for a port of an 8 year old Xbox game that runs significantly worse than any previous version. You might not be far enough into the game for it, but some of the later areas do suffer from some serious slowdown, not just a tiny bump.

It's Ninja Gaiden, so it's still a great game, but the Vita version is both the worst version of it, and the most expensive.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

redreader posted:

I have never played any ninja gaiden but I like DMC and bayonetta and have a ps3 and an xbox 360. Which one should I get?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3 is probably the best version of the game, I'd say go with that one.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Any of you attractive, Uncharted playing Goons want to swap PSN IDs so we can have an easier time getting all the bounties?

My PSN name is EinBear.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

EmperorCthulhu posted:

Is it any good? My Vita wishlist just keeps on growing....

It's really good, second best game in the series after Uncharted 2 IMO. Probably my favourite game in the launch lineup.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Finally, finally got my Uncharted platinum! Shame the Vita doesn't have an Activity Log like the 3DS, would love to know how many hours of my life I've wasted farming bounties.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Reckon there's any chance of Sony adding support for PS2 games? If I could play God Hand on the go I'd actually die from joy.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Stiggs posted:

I guess it must be an EU thing, because it definitely isn't on there.

It's on there, you just can't download it from the Vita for some dumb reason. If you have a PS3 you can download it on that and then transfer it over.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I hope they hurry up and fix the problem with PS+ Minis not working, I want to play Rotating Octopus

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-plUxwQcls&hd=1

Nihilistic Software fully revealed Resistance: Burning Skies' multiplayer today. Watch the trailer, then click the link to read more.

May seems to be shaping up to be pretty good for the West. Mortal Kombat AND Resistance!

Bleeh, that Resistance frame rate is awful

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Does the digital version of Ridge Racer still come with the Gold Pass included, or was that just a limited time thing? (I'm in the UK, if it makes a difference)

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

According to Ridge Racer's store description, and this is the NA PSN so it might be different but I'm guessing not, the Gold Pass is still included.

"Purchase the RIDGE RACER game today and get the RIDGE RACER Gold Pass for FREE. RIDGE RACER Gold Pass gives you access to new cars, new tracks and new music. Offer available for a limited time only, expires 4/30/2012"

Silver Pass is available too, but that actually costs money.

Just downloaded it, and didn't get the Gold Pass, so guess it's not an offer in the UK anymore

Ahh, well, only costs a fiver, might buy it anyway after I've played around with the game a bit.

Edit: Just done some digging around, and for any EuroGoons wondering, it turns out they stopped giving us the free Gold Pass on the 31st of March. US gets an extra month for some reason.

Ein Bear fucked around with this message at Apr 19, 2012 around 19:15

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Speaking of Resistance, is Retribution worth picking it up? It just got a price cut this week, and I'm interested in playing another Sony Bend game after enjoying Uncharted so much.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

mrEkli posted:

Is it back up on PSN? Also is it Vita compatible? I played it on my PSP 2000 back when I had it. It was a great game! Loved it. Just great shooting action with simple missions like kill these things and move on. I didn't get that far though. I would totally get it again.

Yeah, it's up and Vita compatible for 7... though I don't know about the US Store? Cool, think I'll pick it up then

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I don't understand Near at all either, can't believe how obtuse they've made it.
Street Pass is cool and all, but the 3DS feature I wish they'd ripped off the most is the Activity Log. I love that thing.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Green Puddin posted:

So some news articles (I can pull them up later if need be) are saying that Vita sales (and game sales in general, unless they are tablet games) aren't doing so well lately. I like my Vita, but is it in danger? Can we give it a protected species law or something?

Eh, best not to worry so much about sales and stuff. At this point in the 3DS's lifespan people were screaming about how it was going to fail, and now the thing's selling like hotcakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

So wanting to free up some space since my 16GB card is filled up... Just wanting to double check, but if I shift some games over to my PC/PS3 with Content Manager, the saves are kept with them, right? They'll still be there if I ever move the games back?

Why the gently caress Sony didn't think to seperate saves and game data I have no idea. The Vita even does it for PSP games!

«3 »