Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«192 »
ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

I'm honestly not that great but I'm willing to help if a filler is needed.

I'm best with (listed in no particular order) Support, Assault, and Assassin.

I want to add Beth to that list but I think I still need to work at using her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Pictured: Lara Croft

GUNAWREKIT

I am a decent Karl, but being Australian I doubt the games will be played at a time I can attend.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

If you haven't found any communists in your backyard, you're not looking hard enough!

Likewise I play a mean Assault, but am restricted by timezones and pings.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

IF I'M TALKING ABOUT ART, I'M PROBABLY WRONG, SO PLEASE REPORT ME SO I CAN BE PROBATED. AGAIN.

Booshi here, put me down as Cheston or Tank. I say we use 2 defenders 3 enforcers, quick push and win.

Kelp Plankton
Aug 5, 2007

My CoX will forever blast giant streams of liquid!

I'm a pretty decent Combat Girl! I'd love to get involved in this sort of nonsense. Haven't had much luck finding goons to play with so far though, but I tend to be a communicative player. KelpPlankton on Steam.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

As I told Kreczor before, I'd be up for it, though the fact DStP already signed up is so...

When it comes to whatever slot I'd go for Megabeth/Wascot/Veteran/CG/Support in that order of preference of whatever the team needs. (Megabeth has enforcer survivability and damage with a ranged stun disable for bots and turrets )

e: Not that I think Zanaris/DStP/Hentai are that good, they just use the most annoying/tryhard methods to win even if they're stomping and have a terrible attitude to go with it. I just can't imagine why you'd shoot mortars from your base for 8 minutes when you have a good 15k lead before the second or third annihilator.

Eigo fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2012 around 09:21

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Just realized why commandos are so retarded right now - it's Hot Hands. Hot Hands is basically a bonus 12% of a squishy character's max health early game, and it scales with level, meaning commandos just totally snowball out of control. It makes an absolutely humongous difference.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

I would love to enter this but my work schedule loving sucks for the next few weeks.

And by that I mean I never ever want to fight DTsP and his merry band of pub stompers and spawn campers ever again. (but seriously it's probably gonna be a no go for me which is a shame)

Entreri
Nov 8, 2005

Is this game still invite only?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Pictured: Lara Croft

GUNAWREKIT

Entreri posted:

Yeah, at the moment it is. Invite me on steam and I'll get you in but.

steamcommunity.com/id/sgt_hatred

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Look at this image:

I lost this game. Do you know why I lost this game? Because in this genre, once you're good enough to not be the worst player on the team, you are at the mercy of your teammates. The best way to have an impact on the outcome of the game is to be terrible and feed.

And yes, I know my bot score is horrible. I TRIED pushing whenever I could, but the enemy team tended to swarm me and forced me to back off. The bots were always pushed to our side of the map because my team never moved past our half of the map. They never went for the annihilator. If bots were ever on the other side of the map, it's because I pushed them there. So, so frustrating.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

If we did the tourney how many teams do you think we would have? I'd think we could easily have 2. We could do practice matches together. Could be a blast.

Lblitzer
Mar 8, 2004

Ready to eat me, sir!

Taiso posted:

If we did the tourney how many teams do you think we would have? I'd think we could easily have 2. We could do practice matches together. Could be a blast.

Oh easily. I've played with a lot of people in the last week that I haven't played with before. I think there could probably even be 3 or 4 teams. Some are better than others but if there's one thing goons need work on, it's playing against a well coordinated team. My W/L ratio is probably around 50% against teams, and usually if we lose it's a trainwreck.

Also played against an assassin last night that had 228 bot kills. Easily double that of the next highest pro. Constantly spawned bots and that definitely delayed their overall loss, but what a headache.

Thrill Cosby
Jun 4, 2005

Id be up for team play. I play a good Assault and Pit Girl.

Entreri posted:

It is, but I have a spare invite I could send if you need one. Just email me at screen name at gmail (no spaces) and I'll send you one when I get home tonight.

Thrill Cosby fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2012 around 14:46

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

I just met you,
And this is crazy.

I cut my wrists up,
So turn me maybe?

Signed up for the invite lottery thing on ubernet. Didn't play any of the first MNC, but with my recent Gotham City Impostors kick, I'm looking to try more MP focused games and it seems like this could be a lot of fun (yes I realize GCI and SMNC are pretty different)

How often to they throw out more invites?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Taiso posted:

We could honestly have about four or five teams based on how many people we have sitting in chat complaining about how op one class is. Obviously we're going to make it so that teams that have played together will be grouped together. The point is that we should start thinking about making "rosters" for our teams so if we have the chance we can practice with our set team. Right now it's just, who wants to play we need +1 very desperate, but if we were to schedule practice times and such and take it super serious like dstp, we would see drastic improvements in skill. Of course this would also help the newer players because not everyone can always be there, nor does everyone want to play together all the time so they would be able to participate in a team environment.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Eigo posted:

As I told Kreczor before, I'd be up for it, though the fact DStP already signed up is so...

When it comes to whatever slot I'd go for Megabeth/Wascot/Veteran/CG/Support in that order of preference of whatever the team needs. (Megabeth has enforcer survivability and damage with a ranged stun disable for bots and turrets )

e: Not that I think Zanaris/DStP/Hentai are that good, they just use the most annoying/tryhard methods to win even if they're stomping and have a terrible attitude to go with it. I just can't imagine why you'd shoot mortars from your base for 8 minutes when you have a good 15k lead before the second or third annihilator.

I think that the goony A team could have a good shot against DStP with some practice. I do dislike them using the mortar exploit, but things like Zanarias being ridiculous with Fly or other uses of abilities to their fullest are just great play. Yeah, they have terrible attitudes (their posts on Uber's forums are just full of rear end in a top hat) but they also play pretty well.

Depending on details, I might want to play. I have an embarrassing amount of competitive experience under my belt. I'll pick up whatever classes we need but I currently play a decent Wascot (well, pretty much all the commandos) and Gunner. Working a lot with Sniper, Vet and healer as well. Could also start playing strikers too.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Signed up for the invite lottery thing on ubernet. Didn't play any of the first MNC, but with my recent Gotham City Impostors kick, I'm looking to try more MP focused games and it seems like this could be a lot of fun (yes I realize GCI and SMNC are pretty different)

How often to they throw out more invites?

Invites go out on Thursday night, generally. They send them pretty much to whoever signs up.

Eejit fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2012 around 16:44

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

>:3

I could join the tourney as a CG if you need one. [Every team needs CG]

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

I just met you,
And this is crazy.

I cut my wrists up,
So turn me maybe?

Eejit posted:

Invites go out on Thursday night, generally. They send them pretty much to whoever signs up.

Oh awesome, I signed up Monday so I guess I should expect something Thursday at least. Looking forward to it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?!

This whole GoonLeague idea sounds like a lot of fun. I'm nothing great, but I'd be all up for throwing my Karl onto a team. I've also done some work on learning Vet, Gunslinger, and Assault, and I'd be willing to put some time into working on those classes too. Should we make a list of everyone who wants to participate? Or just designate one of the voice servers as BLG practice court?

I'd also definitely be willing to play practice matches with people, though to do that we need to get ten people together all at the same time, so we might need to actually do some organization.

Eejit posted:

I think that the goony A team could have a good shot against DStP with some practice. I do dislike them using the mortar exploit, but things like Zanarias being ridiculous with Fly or other uses of abilities to their fullest are just great play.

Oh, so that's why that crazy assault was so ridiculous. Basically couldn't get a hand on him the whole match.

Violently Car posted:

Look at this image:

I lost this game. Do you know why I lost this game? Because in this genre, once you're good enough to not be the worst player on the team, you are at the mercy of your teammates. The best way to have an impact on the outcome of the game is to be terrible and feed.

And yes, I know my bot score is horrible. I TRIED pushing whenever I could, but the enemy team tended to swarm me and forced me to back off. The bots were always pushed to our side of the map because my team never moved past our half of the map. They never went for the annihilator. If bots were ever on the other side of the map, it's because I pushed them there. So, so frustrating.

Which one are you?

XboxPants fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2012 around 21:38

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Which one are you?
He's the Wascot, but with 82 bot kills I don't know if he actually spawned bots like he should've. With the enemy team's Wascot and the fact vc's had a gunner I don't really know how they lost with that lead, the gunner should've tore through turrets but probably didn't.

vvvvv: Not as jazzed as I was last night to win that game I had with Underisk and the others.

Eigo fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2012 around 21:54

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Eigo posted:

He's the Wascot, but with 82 bot kills I don't know if he actually spawned bots like he should've. With the enemy team's Wascot and the fact vc's had a gunner I don't really know how they lost with that lead, the gunner should've tore through turrets but probably didn't.

On the plus side, the other team was probably jazzed as hell to win that one.

DangerKat
Nov 5, 2009

I approach you from the front and you're kinda like "wow this dude's pretty serious."

Then I walk away and you're like "damn he likes to party. with two R's."

I mentioned it last night just out of speculation but now I'm curious... would Crackshot be a viable endorsement for someone like Assault or Cheston?

Alsow with all these new heroes, I wish the MNC vets had actual names now. Oh well.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

KFCB posted:

I mentioned it last night just out of speculation but now I'm curious... would Crackshot be a viable endorsement for someone like Assault or Cheston?

Alsow with all these new heroes, I wish the MNC vets had actual names now. Oh well.

I heard good things about Crackshot on Cheston, not sure if assault needs it though.

Megabeth is the worst name and they should've totally just named her Rocket Girl even if it is a terrible idea. They're still kind of 50/50 with atual names, Veteran and Wascot are both humans with generic names while Karl and Cheston aren't even human... maybe Megabeth is actually a robot, the voices aren't out yet afterall.

e: bios don't exist ok

DangerKat
Nov 5, 2009

I approach you from the front and you're kinda like "wow this dude's pretty serious."

Then I walk away and you're like "damn he likes to party. with two R's."

Wascot is more than just a generic role name, given the whole joke behind Evil Mario being Wario so Evil Mascot is Wascot. But yeah, Veteran and Gunslinger were clearly the first two heroes to be developed for SMNC and so they were still trying to fit their names into the player role convention idea. It's a trivial thought, I just enjoy, I think, the personality the names give.

The_North
May 12, 2009

Eigo posted:

I heard good things about Crackshot on Cheston, not sure if assault needs it though.

Megabeth is the worst name and they should've totally just named her Rocket Girl even if it is a terrible idea. They're still kind of 50/50 with atual names, Veteran and Wascot are both humans with generic names while Karl and Cheston aren't even human... maybe Megabeth is actually a robot, the voices aren't out yet afterall.

e: bios don't exist ok

Do a quick search on Google; there's a real MegaBeth who does roller derby.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

The_North posted:

Do a quick search on Google; there's a real MegaBeth who does roller derby.

The name just doesn't fit to me and everyone is still calling her Rocket Girl half the time, so yeah.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Speaking of Megabeth, does anyone have some advice for playing her? I just made enough coins I buy her the other day and I've been playing her a bit, but she's not quite clicking for me yet. In particular, The rocket launcher feels kind of weird- I think it's cause the rockets themselves move so slow and don't feel like they have a lot of splash to them, so maybe I just have to get used to it.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

Speaking of Megabeth, does anyone have some advice for playing her? I just made enough coins I buy her the other day and I've been playing her a bit, but she's not quite clicking for me yet. In particular, The rocket launcher feels kind of weird- I think it's cause the rockets themselves move so slow and don't feel like they have a lot of splash to them, so maybe I just have to get used to it.

They have almost no splash compared to a game like TF2, but they are fantastic for pushing bots and turrets and you can basically snipe turrets once shields go down. For chasing down a player, I'd use your secondary if they're close because chances are you're going to get a lot more single target damage with that. Using her escape followed by a spin is also good for securing kills, but I'd only use it if you know it's as safe as possible from other players because you're still really grappable. I typically ignore health on her until offense/disc/jump are maxed since her escape gives her enough mobility to not be in danger in the first place. It's also a pretty good idea to use the disc whenever it's off cooldown, it stuns for every bounce and it bounces quite a bit so you don't have to aim for it much (also you probably won't land it on players if you aim).

Basically remember to use her secondary for close combat, try to use jump only for escapes or if it's a -very safe- chase, and use disc whenever possible.

Rirse
May 6, 2006

The Let's Play
Archaeologist

I really hope this game has a way to play against teams you rather play with, ala the TF2 servers. I have a lot of fun with against other goons when they get selected at random, but hate when it's the poopsocking pre-mades who win all the time with no deaths.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Eigo posted:

The name just doesn't fit to me and everyone is still calling her Rocket Girl half the time, so yeah.

I keep calling her MacBeth, I can't stop really.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I played a few games earlier today and my GOD this game is much better now than it was earlier in the beta. Sure CombatGirl's guns don't have the best damage output, but at least they feel like they're actually doing something now!

I'm glad it's not the old case of ShadyBots taking longer to kill than classic MNC pros, and one of the games actually had a comeback from the annihilator being used on us. MASSIVE improvement.

I should probably give the non-support classes a try again too. Which one would you guys suggest being the easiest to pick up?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Icedude posted:

I played a few games earlier today and my GOD this game is much better now than it was earlier in the beta. Sure CombatGirl's guns don't have the best damage output, but at least they feel like they're actually doing something now!

I'm glad it's not the old case of ShadyBots taking longer to kill than classic MNC pros, and one of the games actually had a comeback from the annihilator being used on us. MASSIVE improvement.

I should probably give the non-support classes a try again too. Which one would you guys suggest being the easiest to pick up?

If you have a support you can trust, gunner spits out the most amount of damage with smallest amount of effort. You'll probably die a lot without any escapes and your size, but you'll also do well without much effort. All three strikers are generally easier to play than commandos/tank/veteran because the latter have to know when to go in so you'd probably want to avoid those until you know what's what more.

I think you should give pretty much every class a few tries though, I don't really think any classes will click the first try half the time but after a few games you'll find them more useful.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Nothing turns me into a raging sperglord like getting hit with a long-range attack like a Sniper or a CG laser or a claw because one of my teammates was standing next to me and I was bumping into them and not actually getting out of the way.

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

You wouldn't like me when I'm donkey.

I thought her name was a pun on Megadeth.

But her spawn theme would suggest otherwise, I guess.

xbiffx
May 20, 2001

To explain Megabeth's name:

If you are familiar with the little roller derby phenomenon, each girl on a team will come up with a pun name that sounds tough or plays on an established "tough" word. You'll get the given ones like Miss Fortune, She-Devil, and Iron Maiden but you'll find some special ones like Miss Andry and Danger Mouse.

So if you look at it from the context that Uber was going for, MegaBeth IS a perfect play on the band Megadeth that fits the theme of a roller derby girl picking a punny name to inspire fear into her enemies.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eigo posted:

vvvvv: Not as jazzed as I was last night to win that game I had with Underisk and the others.

If it's the game I'm thinking of, it was a hell of a lot of fun. As for the tournament thing, if it does actually happen then we should just flood it with goon teams so no matter what goons come out on top!

Rirse
May 6, 2006

The Let's Play
Archaeologist

Okay, I'm done with this game. All I ever get anymore is pre-made poopsocker teams who ruin the game, even with goons. Unless they get banned or better matchmaking happens, then I'm just going to leave this un-installed. Waste of 70 hours of my time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

mumblecrew

Rirse posted:

Okay, I'm done with this game. All I ever get anymore is pre-made poopsocker teams who ruin the game, even with goons. Unless they get banned or better matchmaking happens, then I'm just going to leave this un-installed. Waste of 70 hours of my time.

Did you actually just call people "poopsockers" and then say that you've put 70 hours into a game's beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?!

Rirse posted:

I'm mostly just impressed that you pushed 70 hours into a game that you hated. I usually only manage 20 or 30!

«192 »