Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«192 »
DangerKat
Nov 5, 2009

I approach you from the front and you're kinda like "wow this dude's pretty serious."

Then I walk away and you're like "damn he likes to party. with two R's."

This is like the 6th time he has declared he is done with the game. It's best just to not pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

KFCB posted:

This is like the 6th time he has declared he is done with the game. It's best just to not pay attention.

I didn't pay attention to him when he played with me. He never listens in mumble, talks over us, rages about poo poo that doesn't matter, runs in to the whole team (I've done it too), rages about poo poo that doesn't matter, yells constantly, rages about poo poo that doesn't matter and well, it's Rirse. No one will miss him.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Did you actually just call people "poopsockers" and then say that you've put 70 hours into a game's beta?
In Rirsese, "poopsocker" means someone who is better than him at a game. How Dare They.

I wish I better understood how one plays Beth well, rocket launchers are so neat.

ScarTheKiller
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

I don't think its so bad. The two days that I've been playing with goons, I'm like 10-1. Haven't seen any "poopsockers" even playing with pubs.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Heroic ideal

This game looks just like what I need after burning out on TF2, I signed up for the beta but if someone could send me an invite that would be kickass, http://steamcommunity.com/id/dietdrpibb

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

You wouldn't like me when I'm donkey.

Countblanc posted:

Did you actually just call people "poopsockers" and then say that you've put 70 hours into a game's beta?
If he's been playing for a while, that isn't much time. Beta has been going on since September or so.

There is a core group of players that are reaching hour 600.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

xbiffx posted:

To explain Megabeth's name:

If you are familiar with the little roller derby phenomenon, each girl on a team will come up with a pun name that sounds tough or plays on an established "tough" word. You'll get the given ones like Miss Fortune, She-Devil, and Iron Maiden but you'll find some special ones like Miss Andry and Danger Mouse.

So if you look at it from the context that Uber was going for, MegaBeth IS a perfect play on the band Megadeth that fits the theme of a roller derby girl picking a punny name to inspire fear into her enemies.

Yeah but if you look at her bio it says her last name is actually Megabeth, so I guess she didn't have to try very hard to make a punny name.

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

oldskool posted:

Nothing turns me into a raging sperglord like getting hit with a long-range attack like a Sniper or a CG laser or a claw because one of my teammates was standing next to me and I was bumping into them and not actually getting out of the way.

Ha, I've had enough allies bodyblock me when I had full aggro from FireBases/Kitties to know how you feel.

Same with Defenders you're burning in front of for three seconds straight and they don't heal you. It really sucks.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

God was a dream of good government.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah but if you look at her bio it says her last name is actually Megabeth, so I guess she didn't have to try very hard to make a punny name.

She's a Japanese roller derby clone. Her surname is Saitama, her given name is MegaBeth. It's still silly, but you know, this is a game with a reverse cyborg.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Is there any particular gameplay reason allies block each other? I would much prefer a TF2 style enemies block, allies don't system.

xbiffx
May 20, 2001

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Okay that's a lot dumber now.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

Is there any particular gameplay reason allies block each other? I would much prefer a TF2 style enemies block, allies don't system.

It'd be really broken if people could just walk behind their allies when they get hurt enough, with enforcers being twice the size of most other pros. There's also some positives such as blocking veteran grabs, but I imagine the main reason is stuff like commandos being able to just roll past allies. It'd be pretty hard to chase down a good commando if allies could block pursuers with a wall of pros without the commando having to do any work to get around. It's basically the same reason why MOBAs have collision with both allies and allied creeps.

DangerKat
Nov 5, 2009

I approach you from the front and you're kinda like "wow this dude's pretty serious."

On the other hand, a commando like spark lunging through a pack to Flip Switch a pro back into your own mob/other pros would be pretty awesome!

Danrok
Apr 23, 2008

Eat your fucking vegetables.

Opposing Farce posted:

Speaking of Megabeth, does anyone have some advice for playing her? I just made enough coins I buy her the other day and I've been playing her a bit, but she's not quite clicking for me yet. In particular, The rocket launcher feels kind of weird- I think it's cause the rockets themselves move so slow and don't feel like they have a lot of splash to them, so maybe I just have to get used to it.

Shoot her rockets straight up in the air and use right click laser guidance to paint someone so they come straight down on top of them so they can't dodge or see them coming.

Also do this to destroy turrets that are behind the glass walls.

Or shoot the annihilator from your spawn on the jungle map.

Or any turret from the ledges on the cola map.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Let me tell you about the time I was canonized...

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

Because that's the way it is in MOBAs where you can actually see 360 degrees around you, and it's just another thing they took without thinking how it would translate to an FPS.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

I hope we get a new map today

DangerKat
Nov 5, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Because that's the way it is in MOBAs where you can actually see 360 degrees around you, and it's just another thing they took without thinking how it would translate to an FPS.

But we are playing a Third Person Shooter, not a FPS...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Taiso posted:

I hope we get a new map today

Sad thing is, I just got home for reading week so I won't be able to gloat about my high download speeds anymore

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008

Really?
Really?

This game has made me so sad these past few days, sorry to anyone who teamed with me.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Pictured: Lara Croft

GUNAWREKIT

Patch Day - Number 25

Highlights: Product changes and Megabeth Balance!

Uber Entertainment posted:

Hey! Your mom called, she wants you to read those Rule Changes 25. No, seriously, she called. How did she get my number?

Lots of big changes this week! We have a revamped main menu. Greatly improving the ease of finding what you want.

Next, we'd like to introduce our new Post Game Prize system! At the end of every game you have an opportunity to win a random Prize. Prizes currently consist of endorsements, products, taunts and even some powerful new products!

In other big news, the Juice Bot makes his triumphant entrance into Super MNC!

As always, feel free to leave us feedback at http://www.uberent.com/forums!

New Rules
Free Pro Rotation: Gunslinger, Captain Spark, Gunner, Cheston, Megabeth, Support
Added new Post Game Prize system.
Added new landing page.
Split Locker Room into 'Store' and 'Locker Room'
Add the ability to text chat during opening and closing cinematics.
Added key binding for high resolution screen shot.
Added idle player kicking.
Improved the performance and look of all health bars.
Added new pickup effect when players pickup items on the battlefield.
Juice Reload Modifier: 0.5 -> 0.75

Bug Fixes
Fixed Juicebot from never spawning in game.
Fixed crashed caused by VO playing when the game ends.
Fixed alternate fire refresh timers showing offset from the crosshair.
Fixed enemies not showing up in 'team vision' in certain circumstances.
Fixed getting melee damage if you grappled right after starting a melee weapon attack.
Fixed slight leveling discrepancies between bot rating and turret rating.

Products
Added All Magnet: Gathers all nearby pickups. Smaller range than money magnet
Added Bot Buster: Increases bot rating on every bot kill, resets when you die.
Added Massive Air: Grants full air control whenever you are in the air.
Added Can't Stun This: Rejects one stun every 30 seconds after level 5.
Added Asbest-O's: Removes fire effects shortly after you catch fire.
Hot Hands: Fixed more damage being done if you were the grappler and half when you were the grapple target.
Money Magnet: Now pulls 1 coin at a time every 0.25 seconds.

Downtown Spunky Arena
Continued Art Revisions
Added description in Pro Chooser screen.

Bullet Gorge Arena
New opening music

Loco Moco Arena
New opening music

Assassin
Health: 755->750
Turned on begin and end cloak sounds for the owning player.

Assault
Health: 915 -> 900
New Taunt: Tea Time

Captain Spark
Health: 770 -> 750

Cheston
Health: 1110 -> 1200
Tommy Gun: Spread Max: 0.175 -> 0.275
Family Jewel: Damage: 76 -> 88
Bananas: Fixed sometimes showing up black.
Exploding Barrel: New art and effects

Combat Girl
New Uniform: Hippy

Gunner
Health: 1305 -> 1300

Gunslinger
Health: 705 -> 725
Lucinda: Damage: 50 -> 54
Lucinda: Headshot Multiplier: 4 -> 3
New Uniform: Hippy

Karl

Megabeth
Added new Jackbot grapple animation.
Rocket Ma'am: Reload Time: 1.25 -> 1.35
Rocket Ma'am: Removed enemy knock back
Rocket Ma'am: Alt Fire Laser: Recovery Time: 6 -> 12
Rocket Ma'am: Each rocket explosion now drains 1/2 skill rather than 1/4
Shoot the Moon: Velocity: 2048 -> 1536
Shoot the Moon: Removed knock back from initial damage
Shoot the Moon: Damage no longer sets enemies on fire.

Sniper
Health: 680 -> 700
Sniper Rifle: Damage: 60 -> 67
Sniper Rifle: Ammo: 6 -> 5
Sniper Rifle: Headshot Multiplier: 4 -> 3
Fixed juice and fire effects partially covering the screen while scoped.

Support
Shotgun: Fixed enemies taking full damage when they aren't hit by the full area

Tank

Veteran
Health: 1550 -> 1400
Hot Seat: Damage: 76 -> 88
Freight Train: Recovery Time: 20/14/10/7.5 -> 15/10/7.5/6
Freight Train: 50/150/200/250 -> 100/200/250/300

Wascot
Health: 755 -> 750

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.

mekkanare posted:

This game has made me so sad these past few days, sorry to anyone who teamed with me.

I know that feeling. I've been getting absolutely ruined lately, except for the last game where I teamed up with some friends and we rolled so hard the other team didn't get a single kill. What I'm saying is just pick Cheston and throw barrels at people.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Hahahaha! They buffed the Vet, TOOT TOOT! The health lost isn't a big deal.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GUNAWREKIT

Taiso posted:

Hahahaha! They buffed the Vet, TOOT TOOT! The health lost isn't a big deal.

I don't like the 'all magnet' product. Seems a little too no brainer.

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

It depends on the range. Also, you could be really screwing over your teammates by grabbing Churros at full HP.

Kelp Plankton
Aug 5, 2007

My CoX will forever blast giant streams of liquid!

Does the new behavior on Money Magnet make it kind of suck now? It was really good before, but I'm not sure how much of a change this causes.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GUNAWREKIT

Kelp Plankton posted:

Does the new behavior on Money Magnet make it kind of suck now? It was really good before, but I'm not sure how much of a change this causes.

It still has the same range, but instead of being X seconds on vacuum, you grab a single coin every quarter of a second. It *may* be better - but I feel the change is mostly to stop screwing over your team by never letting them get a coin ever thanks to its incredibly suction.

v v v Beaten, my gun toting dolphin friend.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 00:28

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Kelp Plankton posted:

Basically you still pick up coins really fast but now you wont steal them all from your team mates like a loving prick.

Thrill Cosby
Jun 4, 2005

The prize system may be a good way to encourage people to stay through a match.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Massive Air is going to turn Wascot into Superman

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GUNAWREKIT

New taunts are a joke regarding 'teabagging'

Also, here are some pics:

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Seeing your character clip through your teammates would look janky as gently caress, thats why there's collision.

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

Lilleput posted:

Massive Air is going to turn Wascot into Superman
First thing I thought of.

It may also be good for Assassin, Megabeth, and maybe Karl?

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Asbest-Os is a great Hot Hands cancellation and it kinda ruins the Tank's main weapon.

What exactly does Bot Buster do? What's a bot rating and why do I want it higher? I've never heard the term before.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GUNAWREKIT

oldskool posted:

Asbest-Os is a great Hot Hands cancellation and it kinda ruins the Tank's main weapon.

What exactly does Bot Buster do? What's a bot rating and why do I want it higher? I've never heard the term before.

Weapons do specific damage to specific targets. Bot rating would increase damage done to bots.

The types of damage things have include Bots, Pros and Turrets. When you hit 'b' and are selecting skills some areas will show your ratings.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes

Just logged onto mumble; let's play some games.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Dancing all night

Glad the juice bot is back. Also yay a Cheston buff.

Lucinice fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 02:02

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So huge Megabeth nerfs, fairly major gunslinger/sniper nerfs (thank god), a little support nerf, cheston tradeoff that seems like a bit of a nerf, veteran tradeoff that seems like a nice buff, and some rad new stuff.

And actual stage descriptions in the pro selection screen!

Wonder how the money magnet thing will work out now.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Kaboobi posted:

So huge Megabeth nerfs, fairly major gunslinger/sniper nerfs (thank god), a little support nerf, cheston tradeoff that seems like a bit of a nerf, veteran tradeoff that seems like a nice buff, and some rad new stuff.

And actual stage descriptions in the pro selection screen!

Wonder how the money magnet thing will work out now.

Cheston isn't really a nerf, they just made his max spread higher, proper Chestons use bust fire anyway, so its fine. Added Health and damage.

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

Patch is downloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GUNAWREKIT

For those curious, Uniforms will be prizes in the post-game prize draw at a later date - confirmed by a developer.

«192 »