Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«192 »
Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

God was a dream of good government.

Good lord. The nerfs on Megabeth weren't gracefully done, they're downright severe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Vanderdeath posted:

Good lord. The nerfs on Megabeth weren't gracefully done, they're downright severe.

Great news! Apparently rockets have dropoff at certain distances in boosts, as I was doing 600 damage instead of 1100 to bots when I was far enough. I am pretty sure this wasn't in palce yesterday, and with the moon nerfs making her jump feel tiny as hell I don't know if I want to play her anymore.

Maybe she's still viable, but the knock back, reload, and what feels like a gigantic over the moon nerf I find her a lot less fun. I only played one game with her post-nerfs as I make this post, but the escape nerf just seems very unwarranted to me considering her kit as a whole now.

e: Some reason I can't actually replicate the falloff damage in a practice game and it might actually be a bug with the new bot damage product, either way I hate the other nerfs.

Eigo fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 05:06

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008

Really?
Really?

Anybody figure out a way to get replays to work again?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

God was a dream of good government.

Eigo posted:

Great news! Apparently rockets have dropoff at certain distances in boosts, as I was doing 600 damage instead of 1100 to bots when I was far enough. I am pretty sure this wasn't in palce yesterday, and with the moon nerfs making her jump feel tiny as hell I don't know if I want to play her anymore.

Maybe she's still viable, but the knock back, reload, and what feels like a gigantic over the moon nerf I find her a lot less fun. I only played one game with her post-nerfs as I make this post, but the escape nerf just seems very unwarranted to me considering her kit as a whole now.

Yeah, the Shoot the Moon nerf and secondary weapon nerf are what hurt the most to me. She feels like she has way less utility than what she previously had.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Pictured: Lara Croft

GUNAWREKIT

At the moment Megabeth has been severely nerfed. Next week there will be some selective buffs and she should be good again.

Remember guys, even though it isn't being called a beta they are still testing more drastic things while they have the chance. It's better to rebuild something right than trim it back in many cases.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Post game prizes work, I just won Dr. Trigger Mega endorsement (+0.8 fire rate, -0.8 accuracy)!

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

You wouldn't like me when I'm donkey.

I got a Jumpy Spunky.

That might be fun with the Air product.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Weird, I just played Megabeth and felt really powerful. I couldn't even do her poo poo properly (didn't ever use homing because I, uh, just straight up forgot about it, couldn't rocket jump because for some reason, it wouldn't work like it did in the solo game I played [are solo games zero-latency?]). She's still got her place.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Rorus Raz posted:

I got a Jumpy Spunky.

That might be fun with the Air product.

I can say with zero irony that Jumpy Spunky might be the best product in this game

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Well thats entirely unexpected. When I pointed out in chat last week that Megabeth was released obviously overpowered which would help her sales, a dev piped in and said Megabeth was balanced and people just needed to learn to play against her main weapon knockback, strong skills and reduced damage fallback on her primary, and as such would not need nerfs.

I would have preferred if they had just admitted to releasing an overpowered pro since that helps sales, and it is easier to nerf a pro down rather than buff a pro up, rather than outright lying to people in chat.

Game is still good, and Beth is still awesome to play as, but that little incident has somewhat soured my view of the devs.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

I would have preferred if they had just admitted to releasing an overpowered pro since that helps sales, and it is easier to nerf a pro down rather than buff a pro up, rather than outright lying to people in chat.

Sometimes characters just come out too strong. I guarantee you that down the line, they'll release pros that are just lovely and need buffs.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Just got a Leg Up product from the post game prize thing, I approve of this new system . Definitely a nice trade-off considering the terrible score I put up that loss the first time I tried Spark out.

Kelp Plankton
Aug 5, 2007

My CoX will forever blast giant streams of liquid!

So how exactly does the prize thing work, for those of us who are unable to play for whatever reason?

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

Kelp Plankton posted:

So how exactly does the prize thing work, for those of us who are unable to play for whatever reason?
If you play a game to the end, you have a chance to win a random endorsement, product, taunt, or (not yet, but eventually) uniform. It is entirely random and has nothing to do with who won or loss or your person performance. Some items are rarer than others (Rank 1 Endorsements will be more common than a Bacon Endorsement), and your chances of getting an item increase the longer you play without getting a prize.

If the game crashes or disconnects, you still get your shot at the prize.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

I've heard that a first win of the day also guarantees a prize.

Rorus Raz
Nov 13, 2011

You're making me donkey.

According to the dev, it's TOTAL time played that determines if you get a prize. Which seems weird, as I'd imagine match time would be a better method. Encourage the losing team to rally back.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?!

Violently Car posted:

Certainly seems to. When I came on earlier and played with a group and we won, a whole bunch of us got prizes. I dunno if it was theirs, but it was my 1st win.

TheTromboner
Nov 12, 2008

Violently Car posted:

I can confirm it doesn't because I just had my fwotd and didn't get anything .

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

mekkanare posted:

Anybody figure out a way to get replays to work again?

I've not, three replays I wanted to grab footage from, all bugged, fuckin annoying. The dev's were out of the chat before I could ask them about it.

*haha, checking the bug forum found this gem, check out their right lane, jackbot got stuck.

Taiso fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 09:19

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005
Hypnotist of Ladies

I've played one game and netted one prize so far. It was a mega endorsement too, which is nice.

I worry that giving that stuff away could harm their economy though. Although I suppose costume prizes mean that there's no guilt in spending cash on them now, as you can just pretend you didn't spend all that cash buying a full set of hippie costumes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

IF I'M TALKING ABOUT ART, I'M PROBABLY WRONG, SO PLEASE REPORT ME SO I CAN BE PROBATED. AGAIN.

Let's talk about dumb bot ai.

Exhibit one; bouncers are stupid. I spawned him, he ran three meters, stood here until dead. Three enemies ran by him, he did nothing.

Exhibit two; bought jackbot, jackbot can't brain and has the dumb. Blocks up our lane and costs us the game.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

It spawning Jackbots when the shields go down has to be the single most moronic game design decision I've seen in a very long time. It is nothing but a gigantic snowball mechanic and it's stupid as gently caress.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

First prize of the day? All Magnet.

It rocks.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005
Hypnotist of Ladies

My second gift was the Parting Gift product. That's one you start with. Hmm.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

The one thing that confuses me about the Megabeth balance is the Shoot the Moon nerf. I mean, why?

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

Bacon RoF from a prize. I was building a DPS chart already.

It seems like prizes roll around for every hour of in-game time spent. That might not be true as more time carries on.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

Pretty much nothing is going to convince me that support isn't the hands-down most broken character in the game right now. Everything he does is completely broken. I hope he gets nerfs but the whole community seems completely fine with all of his bullshit.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op

Violently Car posted:

Pretty much nothing is going to convince me that support isn't the hands-down most broken character in the game right now. Everything he does is completely broken. I hope he gets nerfs but the whole community seems completely fine with all of his bullshit.

Could you tell me why? I tried him and I was sucking so bad feeding all day haha

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

He's a utility god and he has enormous damage. He enables Gunner to be extremely broken. His shotgun outdamages commandos at short range. His firebase does broken amounts of damage and is extremely hard to kill. He has absolutely no weaknesses.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Mojo Jojo posted:

My second gift was the Parting Gift product. That's one you start with. Hmm.

My second was a level one speed endorsement

washow posted:

Could you tell me why? I tried him and I was sucking so bad feeding all day haha

Basically, getting grappled near a firebase is a death sentence, the shotgun packs a real punch at close range and can even do more than you would expect from a little farther away if the spread decides to favor him, and smart use of overclock lets him toss out a whole bunch of airstrikes for ridiculous damage.

There are ways to deal with him, but in a one-on-one scenario he beats pretty much every other pro except for maybe an Assassin or Wascot if they've got a level advantage. He'll have a hard time killing some of the sturdier pros (like the Tank), but even those will usually be forced to back off.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 11:48

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?!

Opposing Farce posted:

There are ways to deal with him, but in a one-on-one scenario he beats pretty much every other pro except for maybe an Assassin or Wascot if they've got a level advantage. He'll have a hard time killing some of the sturdier pros (like the Tank), but even those will usually be forced to back off.

If you can keep him at a distance, that'll help a lot.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

Opposing Farce posted:

There are ways to deal with him, but in a one-on-one scenario he beats pretty much every other pro

It's ridiculous that this is true considering that he's actually better with teammates. His shotgun has more DPS than even commandos right now. That's just not right.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

XboxPants posted:

If you can keep him at a distance, that'll help a lot.

It's not very good balance for an area denial pro to basically stay away from him.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Violently Car posted:

It's ridiculous that this is true considering that he's actually better with teammates. His shotgun has more DPS than even commandos right now. That's just not right.

A team fight changes the whole scenario. It's true that the Support is powerful with teammates, but there are also ways to shut him down depending on what pros are on your team. I mean, he's not going to survive getting Ka-Clawed into a Tank/Gunner, for example, and there are a good number of pros who have ways to stun his firebase or take it out from range.

Airstrikes are almost always going to be a problem unless you're under a roof, though. Not much you can do about them except scatter as soon as he tosses it, which leaves you vulnerable to a push from his team.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 12:04

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Got to play some Captain Spark now that he's free and I really like his moves and think his voice acting is pretty hilarious. The lack of grapple on his melee weapon take some getting used to, but with no way to disable a turret you have absolutely no way of dislodging a support of CG who have set up their turret(s). Plinking away at the turret will take all day while they get healed and plinking away at the pro will get youan equal amount of damage from return fire.

What does Captain Spark have going for him over the other commandos to make up for this? Assassin has cloak and smoke bomb and Wascot is so good at fighting other melee oriented pros that he needs some kind of downside, but the Captain doesn't seem to really have anything special going for him.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005
Hypnotist of Ladies

I know Bot Master is hilariously expensive, but has anybody tried it yet? I'm doing my best to save, but I think it'll take me another week or so of play to get there.

So, the wording is ambiguous but a dev in the chatbox this morning confirmed that it makes you deal more damage against bots every time you kill you one (resetting if you die). That sounds like pretty much an essential pick for most classes as it lets you snowball in power, assuming that it's a noticeable increase in weapon damage.

Lblitzer
Mar 8, 2004

Ready to eat me, sir!

Mojo Jojo posted:

I know Bot Master is hilariously expensive, but has anybody tried it yet? I'm doing my best to save, but I think it'll take me another week or so of play to get there.

So, the wording is ambiguous but a dev in the chatbox this morning confirmed that it makes you deal more damage against bots every time you kill you one (resetting if you die). That sounds like pretty much an essential pick for most classes as it lets you snowball in power, assuming that it's a noticeable increase in weapon damage.

Yeah it's just a faster way to level up if you're going to be careful, I imagine that the damage caps at some point as it scales with your level.

Comrayn posted:

What does Captain Spark have going for him over the other commandos to make up for this? Assassin has cloak and smoke bomb and Wascot is so good at fighting other melee oriented pros that he needs some kind of downside, but the Captain doesn't seem to really have anything special going for him.

Arc Flash. You can teleport through walls. THROUGH THEM. Like real electricity. Through a wall...

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Lblitzer posted:

Arc Flash. You can teleport through walls. THROUGH THEM. Like real electricity. Through a wall...

Yeah about that... There were a significant number of walls that it seemed I could not teleport through. A lot of them were not exactly big thick walls either.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

Chances are, you weren't close enough to them. I don't think this is like LoL where you only have to go half way through to get all the way through. Pretty sure you need to be able to get all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

ALL I CAN DO IS SHIT POST IN THREADS. ALSO IF I AM POSTING IN THE DOTA 2 THREAD JUST IGNORE ME, I AM FUCKING IGNORANT ABOUT ANYTHING DEALING WITH THAT GAME. ALSO BRB LOL GOTTA AFK TO SMOKE A BLUNT. NO GUYS IM COOL LOL 420 SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

This looks like fun...

I love playing DotA but I hate that the games are a MINIMUM of 30 minutes, usually 45-60 minutes long.

Are MNC rounds shorter?

«192 »