Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny catches the keys absentmindedly, still staring at the van. It was certainly. Uhm. Different.

She walks over to the van, tracing the lines of the painted dragon. Fish. Some kind of creature, at any rate. Jenny turned back to the group in time to see Cassie dissapearing into the alley. And, urgh, there was a ton of dust stuck to the side of the car. Did nobody take care of their cars?

"Let's go, then."

---

In front of the club, Jenny nods at the bouncer and tosses him the keys. "Ask the valet to see if he can get it washed, would you? I'll tip well, but he needs to make sure they get it really clean. Got it? Great!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The bouncer raises an eyebrow and looks Jenny up and down as if he's not quite sure she knows what a good tip would actually mean. "Yes, madam." he manages, turning rather robotically and walking towards the door. A doorman is waiting to open the hand carved mahogany door, and he gives a little bow of his head. The bouncer passes the van keys to him and the door gives a mechanical beep as it swings open.

The interior of Diamond Skies is just as pretentious as the exterior. The carpet is a rich beige, and the walls are mahogany with mirror inlays. The front desk is made of the same clear crystal as the bar upstairs, and there is a familiar face laying back on the cream silk chaise lounge to one side of it.

Veronica Raith tucks a fashionably loose lock of her long blonde hair behind an ear. Her dress is a pale carnation pink and leaves little to the imagination. She checks a silver pocketwatch on a chain and smiles. "Right on time." She says, clicking the watch closed and tucking it into her waistband. "We thought you might be late, considering the situation. Cyrus, if you please?"

Cyrus, the bouncer, gives everyone a quick pat down.

*Investigate: /+// +3 = 4.

He briefly touches the stone pendant Ada is wearing. "They've all got the same necklace." he says.

Veronica stiffens. "What does it do?" she demands.

"Peace, vampire." Cole says. "It prevents mind clouding. I cannot bring my people into your stronghold without protection." Cyrus raises an eye at Cole's sword, and the purple peace ribbon bound around the hilt. Cole glares back at him. "It's part of the uniform."

"Leave it Cyrus." Veronica says angrily.

Everyone has been Disarmed.
*Cyrus the bouncer has an Investigate of 3. If you'd like to sneak one of your weapons or items into the club, you can attempt to beat him with a Stealth roll. If you FAIL to win (not tie, win) this roll, your weapon or item will be confiscated for the duration of the scene.
Items would be your enchanted/focus items or potions. You get to keep the stone charms Hugues made earlier.
PS: Krysm you want to stay small or use the grow-up potion before we go in here? I'll put Veronica's reaction to Hugues in after you decide that. :)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 3, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1

(Stealth to hide gauntlets. Same roll for both because they look kind of similar. ++// +2 = 4!)

Hughes look off his sword since it didn't have a peace binding ribbon, and started removing the contents of his backpack, starting with the veil, and then realized he might as well just leave the entire thing there. However he tried to sneak his gauntlets past. JR could handle a fist fight, and the others had magic. He had nothing. Besides he still looked like an innocent child, just packing some firepower.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3

Jenny nods at Cyrus, pulling her hair into a ponytail to get at the necklace's clasp. Or, rather, to get at the necklace's clasp while shoving the bracelet well up her arm, out of the way of any prying inspection. These vampires and their flunkies weren't going to get her unprotected, no matter what they might have promised.

After all, they'd stolen Claire before. No matter what they said now, that was their boat and their fault.

After a few moments, Jenny releases the necklace and hands it with its dangling dagger to the bodyguard.

Deceit /-++ +3 = 4 for a maneuver, Distracting Flourish, while I roll +//+ +0 = 2 and tag the maneuver to hit 4.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3

JR had left his guns hidden in the van. He wasn't foolish enough to hand over his weapons to his enemies - they had enough advantages, already. Without their tools, the other's magic would be weaker and less controllable, and his holsters felt strange to be empty as he entered into the lair. He eyed up the bouncer for a moment - probably human, and not too bright.

Lore to see if the bouncer is human or not +-+/ +2 = 3

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ada duSang - FP: 1

With a curt nod, Ada took out the bejeweled case in which she kept the knife and chain, and handed it over to the bouncer. She wasn't sure if the situation would escalate, but she wasn't concerned regardless - if the vampires had a plan, it probably wouldn't involve getting in a brawl with a group of spellslingers. It wasn't their style. At the moment, her main concern was for the safety of her instruments. "They better not lay a finger on them, or we're going to have words." She mused, as she watched the bouncer confiscate them.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm just going to call it a difficulty 3, so attempted sneaking is successful.

Cyrus places everything in an ornate wooden box, and locks it with a key. The box goes under the crystal front desk. "Your items will be returned when you leave." he says.

Veronica seems satisfied with the inspection, although her gaze lingers on Hugues. She touches one finger to her lips thoughtfully as her eyes flick to the gauntlets she'd clearly seen him use on the yacht. But she says nothing. A slow smile creeps across her face. She stops and turns her attention to the Warden.

"Why bring so many, Warden Cole? This is unusual for a diplomatic envoy."

"We are here to discuss what occurred on the yacht owned by Niell Raith several days ago. These people are material witnesses. As I was not present during the event, I've brought in those who were to confirm the veracity of any statements made." Cole smiled at the end of that, and it was not a friendly smile at all.

"I see." Veronica stands up gracefully and shrugs. "Niell is waiting downstairs, if you would follow me."

The door leading downstairs is not grand or elegant, it is plain and black and located behind a pillar. The stairs lead down into a furnished sitting room. A fireplace built into the far wall crackles merrily. There are two long couches facing each other, with a glass table between them. Two large fluffy white chairs make it into a rectangle of furniture. There are paintings on the walls, all of the same woman (well, vampire) in many different poses. Each one is done in a completely different medium, from inks to oils to acrylics to watercolors, and some of them seem very old. One picture stands out at the far end of the wall. It is the largest, and it is of a man. He looks twin to the woman in the other paintings. The same hair cut shorter, the same face and build. It's eerie.

There are three people already seated in the room. Olivia Raith, the redhead from the yacht, relaxes on one couch in a rather conservative black pantsuit. The man from the last painting sits next to her, holding a glass of red wine. He looks up pleasantly as Veronica enters and stands. His suit is pinstriped and he looks like a king in his castle.

"Welcome, Warden and company. I am Niell Raith, and I am the... Duke you might say, of New Orleans. Please be seated, we have urgent matters to discuss regarding the recent behavior of my cousins, as I understand it?"

The third person in the room is a very small blonde woman in a thin red dress. She seems utterly unhappy to be there, and doesn't look up at the group right away. When she finally does she gives a little gasp and drops her wine glass. Red wine spills over the cream carpet like blood.

"May I introduce my sister Olivia, and our guest, the Rubeansidhe."

(*ruby-anne-she)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 4, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

JR sighs and closes his eyes for a moment. "You already sided against man once - reckon I shouldn't be surprised you'd do it again to work with them," he says, his voice low but steady. He then turns to face Niell. "Why is she here, then?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Niell's eyes dart quickly from JR to Ruby. His smile looks a couple degrees faker than before. "I'd expect for the same reason you are, young man." he says, gesturing for everyone to sit. He produces a purple handkerchief from a pocket and tosses it over the spilled wine.

"Don't worry dear, this carpet has seen far worse." Olivia says, patting Ruby's knee gently with one gloved hand. Ruby flinches away from the vampire with an expression like that of a trapped animal. She composes herself quickly, however, and takes on the ethereal look of a Sidhe lady.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

If Ruby's reaction to the sudden, unexpected meet was one of shock and fear, and JR's was one of disappointment and wariness, Ada's was a sudden, massive jolt of adrenaline as she took the situation in. It was all she could do to keep her expression neutral and empty, but that was enough - what she needed to do right now was think, and fast.

There was no doubt that the Whites had taken advantage of the meeting to set something up. Whatever it was, it wasn't good, but what was their angle here? Judging from Ruby's reactions, the last place she wanted to be in right now was there. Why, then, had she chosen to attend? Had she even had a choice? As far as Ada could see, there were only a few possible answers for all those questions.

A) The Whites were in deep with the demon affair, and they'd gathered everybody up to get rid of all pesky interlopers in one go. It was a logical move, but it wasn't the kind of thing a White would do. They preferred subtlety, instead of overwhelming brute force, not to mention there'd be lasting consequences from attacking a Warden of the White Council and a servant of Summer.

B) The Duke knew what his people had been up to, and was willing to sell them out for causing him to lose face. Why bring in Ruby, though? And why was she so frightened?

C) The vamps had a card to play, and Ruby was linked to it. Misdirection, maybe? Trying to keep them from joining forces against a common enemy? If so, they had acted far too late.

Something told Ada her last hunch was on the right track, even if the plan didn't make sense yet. There was a noose dangling above everybody's heads in the room, and soon someone would be made to hang from it. Until then, all she could do was keep her ears open, her eyes peeled, and get ready for trouble. Because, sure as one of the Red Stone's visions, trouble was coming for them.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The women here knew how to make Hugues uncomfortable. Somehow Hugues had forgotten that Veronica had seen him use his fire gauntlet once to give a vampire a tan, and her knowing smile made him nervous. Did she expect them to get in a fight, or could she tell he was defenceless otherwise? She did know he was a Wizard and a gentleman.

And then there was Ruby again...wait why was she here anyway? Either way the pixies told him what she was and he had no idea if she knew what he was. Had he known she was here, he would have used his anti-death deodorant.

And Olivia...well she was more into JR than him, but still dangerous. Redheads stole souls. Hugues cleared his throat in a way of a child obviously mimicing an adult. "Unless you plan on serving wine to all of us too, shall we begin?"

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 4, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Niell shrugged. "Little one, would any of you drink anything I offered?" He seemed genuinely sad about that. "Trust, as they say, must be built. You came to me Warden, ask your questions."

Cole nodded. "Thank you. My deputies and I have been pursuing a demon summoner for the past several days, mainly by way of killing off his pets. One of these demons was found aboard the yacht registered to your name, holding a little girl captive. I want to know what you know about it."

Add any questions you have so I can just do an answer post.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"If it came from a sealed bottle, maybe." Hugues smiled at the Duke's frown. "Juice boxes are surprisingly good, just come in too small portions."

He waited for Cole to speak, before adding his own bit. "Whatever happened to that one vampire, with the bad tan and...burn marks. He seemed to know all about the demon. Were there any others that were aware of the kidnapping?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Niell spreads his hands. "Personally I do not know any more than you, Warden, as I have not been out to the yacht in several months. Business has kept me from enjoying such luxuries. Of course, after the event I had the ship put into dry dock and taken to pieces. We found no evidence that any demon summoning had occurred on it, and if I were to guess I'd say that the ship was only being used to store the kidnapped child. Demons do not like water, as your young lady proved quite aptly."

The vampire pauses to sip his wine before continuing. "The boy refers to a cousin of mine, Octavian Skavis. I did a full review of his associates and assets, but he did not have many friends outside of the family. His closest relationship is to his Uncle Antoine, who I deposed upon my arrival in the city a few years ago. You met him at the bar, the very first night, remember?"

Cole nods. Antoine was a nervous man who didn't talk much or look you in the eye.

Niell sighs. "I tried to contact Antoine after Octavion's display but he's completely vanished. I have no idea where he is, which has me rather annoyed. I should probably have killed him when I usurped his control of the city but I didn't think he would ever have the courage to try anything."

At this point a server walked over and set a silver tray on the glass table. It contained four glasses of red wine- and one of apple juice.

Niell raised his glass. "Know this, Warden. I am perfectly content with the equilibrium in the city. I do not want it disturbed, which is why I am being so very cooperative. There is quite a lot of money to be made now that the Reds are no longer around to terrorize people. We should all take advantage of peace."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny takes one of the wine glasses, glancing at Cole for confirmation before taking a sip. After seeing his expression, she lowers the glass and coughs before speaking. "And where is Octavian, then? Some of your, uh, associates made certain promises about his treatment before departing with him. I take it that he's in no position to cause any further harm?"

RPZip fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 6, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cole doesn't touch the wine, and gives Jenny a sharp look when she picks up the glass. Niell pretends not to notice. "Of that, young lady, you can be assured." he says. "He is being... disciplined. This isn't the first time he has embarassed this family, but it will be the last." There is an icy note of finality in that statement.

"No." Ruby says from her chair. Her face is calm, but her eyes flick between the vampires and the wizards. "He still has a part to play in this."

Niell frowns. "Speak on, my lady."

"We all have a part to play in the confluence. All but one." She points at Olivia. "You."

The lights flicker and go out as gunfire erupts upstairs.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

In one swift motion, Ada stood up and rushed towards Ruby. She knew something was going to happen, so the sound of gunfire hadn't surprised her quite as much as it should've...but she was expecting it to involve her and her companions as targets. The fact that it was someone else getting attacked for a change through a wrench into her plans. Before they rushed upstairs, they needed more information, and there was only one person who could give it to them.

"What the hell is going on here?" Ada whispered into Ruby's ear, focusing briefly on the still air of the room to ensure it would carry her words to her and only her. "Do you mean the vamp is marked? And what are you even doing here right now? Don't trust me enough to sort things out without more help, do you?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

"God drat it, I knew this was a trap," JR says angrily, but he doesn't bother going for Ruby or Niell. If one of them had planned the trap, it was clear that they didn't think they could handle the group themselves, which mean they probably couldn't. The best plan would be to get back topside to the wizards' tools and his guns before they got trapped in the basement - or at least, to head up and take the fight to the attackers.

And besides, maybe whoever was attacking was just here to kill the White Court incubuses and succubuses. Then JR could help.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The vampires are on thier feet in an instant. Olivia runs for the stairs, bypassing a staring Cyrus. Niell moves to follow but Veronica blocks him. "Wait, brother! We don't know what's going on."

Warden Cole stands, picks up one of the offered wine glasses and tips it over, watching in the orange glow of the fireplace as the liquid stains the carpet. "There can be no peace, vampire. This meeting is over, we'll show ourselves out."

--

Ruby's small hands cradle Ada's burned face. "I had no idea you would be here, dear one." she says, her expression sad. "These wounds were taken because of my aid. Stay still, and listen. The destruction of the Red Court caused a rift between the human and the inhuman. Genocide is no small scar. Twas no hunt, as what befell the Black. An entire race dead in an instant, down to the last child. Fear is a powerful motivator, and it makes strange bedfellows. Tell the Warden thus, 'ware those he thought were allies, for all the secret world is in terror of his kind."

She looks as if she would say more but her mouth shuts of its own accord. "I remember what it was to be human." she manages. She releases Ada's face, and Ada feels... better. Her skin doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did before.

Ruby's healing magic has reduced Ada's moderate consequence to a mild.
Cole accepts the compel on "Veteran of the Vampire War" to be entirely undiplomatic. +1 FP

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"Just like that?" Hugues shouted out, getting up to his feet when Cole spilled the wine. Knowing the Raiths it was probably good wine too. "These two did nothing wrong! ...or at least not yet! Whatever's out there is probably going to target us just as easily as it is them, so why you gotta be so hostile?"

(Rapport to call out Cole. //-- +1 -1 (Morgan) = -2... Ouch. Uh...even if Cole gets a ---- he can't lose. :smith:)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Heh. And he got a 4 on his roll, so current mood: gently caress Vampires.

Warden Cole FP:2

"Nothing wrong?" Cole looked down at Hugues, and nearly mets his eyes in his fury. He felt the tug of magic before turning away and speaking directly to the Raiths. "How many people were on the yacht, Raith girl? Have you killed them all yet, or are some still chained up and waiting for their last embrace?"

Veronica paled, standing protectively in front of Niell. Her eyes, already tinged silver, went towards white. Niell wore an expression of utter contempt. "You are a proud fool, Wizard. I was willing to work with you."

"To preserve the status quo, where you can kill who you want and no one gives a drat."

"You prefer war?"

--

What Cole preferred had to wait because the stairwell door opened and a bleeding Olivia staggered through. She slammed it behind her and leaned against it. The vampire had been shot twice in the shoulder, but the wounds were already closing. "It's Claus." (AKA: Speedo) she growled. "And a whole gang of mortal thugs. The warehouse..."

"He wouldn't dare." Niell yelled.

Someone thumped on the door and Olivia barely managed to throw herself clear before it was riddled with bullets. The door was kicked in immediately after and three men with machine guns and ski masks burst in afterwards. They took a look at the collected group and opened fire indiscriminately.

Cyrus the bouncer ducked flat against the stairwell and stripped his jacket off, revealing a shoulder harness and two semi-automatic pistols. He drew one and waited. Veronica shoved Niell down behind the couch and covered him with her own body. Olivia rolled out of the way of the bullet spray and regained her feet.

COMBAT BEGINS!

These thugs are human beings, so watch your First Law! Of course "taken out" does not mean killed, but keep it realistic, yo. Niell and Veronica will be full-defensing the entire fight. Cyrus will be moving back to cover Niell. Olivia will be a combat NPC. Our Thug friends will only take a moderate before giving up.

INIT:
Olivia
JR <--we are here.
Hugues
Thug 1
Thug 2
Thug 3
Cole
Jenny
Ada

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR reaches for a gun that isn't there and grimaces. He spots Cyrus and quickly moves up to him. "Gimme a gun, God drat it!"

Supplemental to move to Zone 3, then Presence to order Cyrus to give him a gun 3//+/ +2 = 3

Piell fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 8, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1 --> 2 --> 1 :argh:

Gang of mortal thugs? Great, that meant magic wasn't an option. Especially with the yacht fresh in his mind...

Well, first things first they were sitting ducks with those machine guns ablazing, and he didn't have the ninja vampire skills to dodge those. (See? Redheads are dangerous!) That table with all the wine glasses was looking good, and it's not like the floor wasn't already dirty in a few spots. Hugues leaped over to the end of the table to lift it up as quick cover and--ohlordythiswasheavy!

(Mistaya says Compel on Only 10 Years Old, can Rapport up Veronica to help.)

Hugues grunted under the weight. Stupid heavy fancy rich people furniture! "L-little help here, darlin'?" He stammered out as he barely lifted the table enough to stumble a few of the wine glasses.

(Rapport --// +1 = -1... REALLY? Dammit chaosbot! Invoking Only 10 Years Old to appeal to Veronica's cougar side for a 1 total.)

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 8, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cyrus stares blankly at JR for a second, before biting his lip and tossing the spare pistol to him. "I want that back, buddy!" he yells.

JR recieves a semi-automatic pistol! It's not quite the same as his revolvers, so JR's gun rolls will be at -1 while using the borrowed weapon. It does pack a punch at Weapon:3.

--

Veronica ducks over and flips the table in a single fluid motion. It comes down with a crash. Her eyes are totally white, and Hugues can feel the cold power radiating off her. "Help us." she whispers. "I... I hoped you would so..." she nods at his gauntlets. She seems very young to Hugues, all of a sudden, and scared. Vampire or not, murderer or not.

--

The hail of lead stops as the thugs find their way down the stairs and into the room. At this point most people are behind furniture but Jenny and Cole have yet to move. One of the thugs takes aim and Jenny and the other at Cole, who is still quite angry and not moving into cover deliberately. The last dumps a clip into everywhere but Olivia as the vampire does her best ninja impression.

Thug 1 moves to Z4, shoot at Jenny, Guns: +/-+ +4 =5 -1 = 4.
Thug 2 moves to Z4, shoots for Cole: -/-+ +4 = 3 -1 = 2.
Thug 3 shoots at Olivia, Guns: -/-- +4 = 1 (heh.)
Cole defends, Athletics: /-+/ +3 = 3. Whoosh.
Olivia defends, Athletics: -//+ +5 = 5. Gives 0 fucks about guns.

--

Warden Cole FP:2

Cole whispers a quiet word. "Sitha." The air shimmers as what looks like a sheet of bulletproof glass solidifies in front of him. "Take them out." The Warden's voice is clear and unafraid. "I've got the shield. Just stay behind me. And Jenny, watch your magic. Remember the basement."

5 shifts on a shield, +//- +5 = 5, making it a +4 block for two turns.
Jenny is up!

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 9, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3->2->3

Jenny pales at Cole's words, her mouth twisting into a snarl. They'd - all those people... how dare those monsters -

And that's about where her thought process was when the bullet came flying in, going in and out through the flesh of her right arm. Jenny hits the floor, wincing at the blood, before snapping her head back to the thugs. She could deal with them later, but they weren't the ones shooting her.

Cole whispers a quiet word. "Sitha." The air shimmers as what looks like a sheet of bulletproof glass solidifies in front of him. "Take them out." The Warden's voice is clear and unafraid. "I've got the shield. Just stay behind me. And Jenny, watch your magic. Remember the basement."

Jenny nods, pulling in power but checking herself before drawing in too much. Can't risk killing them, but a few broken bones shouldn't be that big of a deal. She'd have to judge it carefully to avoid crushing them, but there should be - aha. Jenny extends her arm, the enchanted bracelet flopping into its familiar spot on her wrist as she lets the power flow into the rather nicely upholstered couch. It creaks as it rises, wobbling unsteadily.

That vampire making doe eyes at Hughes was in the way. Jenny would have been just as happy to break a few bones, and more, the conniving bitch monster who'd -

Aw, hell. She'd get a warning, but nothing more.

"Heads up!"

And with that, Jenny's power explodes out of her in a rush. The couch goes flying towards the thugs and the vampire at waist height, the better to put them down before they could do any more harm.

Burning a Fate Point to make the bullet only wing me, rather than forcing a consequence, and invoking "Inhuman Means Subhuman" to include Olivia in the attack too. Summoning 6 shifts of power and using two to make it AoE. Discipline ++// +7 = 9 and W:4.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Physical:	( ) ( ) (X) 
Mental:		( ) ( ) (X) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )
Used:

RPZip fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 9, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jenny's furniture missile rockets through the air and smashes the two thugs and a very surprised Olivia into the far wall hard enough to crack the drywall. Neither of them get up. Olivia twitches, stunned.

Veronica shrieks as her sister goes down. "YOU BITCH!"

So Jenny's kamikaze couch attack proves that casters are stupid overpowered, and both Thugs 1 and 2 are taken out. It is worth noting that the only reason Thug 3 survived is he rolled a 1 on his attack and thus couldn't move to Zone 4. Olivia takes a mild ("Couch'cussion") and a third.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

As the room erupted into chaos, Ada felt strangely detached from it all. Perhaps it was a side-effect of whatever Ruby'd done as she held her face in her hands, but it all seemed like a distant dream. Frightening, but not threatening. Looking at Ruby, she nodded. "Someone's working to put us in our place. A whole bunch of someones. We'll keep an eye out."

For now, though, they had a more pressing matter to take care of. The situation was under control now, but not over yet. Still like in a dream, Ada walked out from the protection of Cole's shield and approached Olivia. Placing a hand on her arm, Ada concentrated. "Stand still now." She said, her voice low and soothing.

At once, the blood spattered all over the succubus came to life, coalescing into a hovering ball of pulsing plasma. Concentrating, Ada pushed the ball forward. It soared through the air slowly until it touched the wall. For a brief instant, the blood made a big splash on the wall, before the energy contained within the ball was released, causing large pieces of debris to go flying.

Using a supplemental action to move to Zone 4, then performing an Area attack on Zone 5, with Weapon Rating 3. Roll is /+--, so it's not enough. Ada absorbs the leftovers as backlash.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Discipline +4, Rapport +2.
Applicable Aspects: Sixth Generation Blood Magus, Killer Queen, Warden Pin (One Shot).
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		(X) (X) (X) ( ) 
Social:		( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: Healing Burns (Physical)
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence: ()
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 9, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Thug defends: +/++ +3 = 6.

--

Too pale blood splatters over the staircase wall and explodes, sending drywall and wood and cement chunks flying through the air. But the last thug, seeing his fellows crushed by airborne furniture, dives back upstairs and takes off running. He's shouting something in another language, but he's too far away to hear what it is.

Olivia meanwhile, furious and hurt, latches on to Ada with one bloody hand like a psychic leech. "Take... my blood... will you..." she growls, and Ada suddenly feels a torrent of pure unadulterated longing for the woman. It's raw and empty and needful to the point of pain. Olivia stands, caressing Ada's cheek in a completely different way from Ruby's recent compassionate touch.

Veronica jumps over the table like a panther, knocking Jenny to the ground. Cole brings his shield down between them with a crash.

Niell has yet to emerge from behind the remaining couch. Cyrus and JR can see him clearly. He's lying facedown, with his hands to his side and he looks kinda dead. Pale blood pools under his mouth and nose. "Boss!" Cyrus yells, running for Niell.

Ruby remains in her chair, watching with unblinking feral eyes. She looks completely at peace amid the chaos.

Olivia uses an Emotion touch attack on Ada. Deceit: +--- +5 = 3 (Weapon:2) Defend with Discipline. You do have Hugues' charm for a +2 (one time) to resist psychic attacks.
Veronica makes a jump for Jenny, (moves to Zone 2 for free w/Speed) but comes up short. Fists: /+-+ +2 = 3 (Weapon:2 strength) Cole takes it with his +4 shield easily.
The Vampire girls are now actively hostile. Cyrus is attempting medical care on an unresponsive Niell Raith. (You'll need Investigate to find out wtf happened to him, when you have time.) Oh and thug 3 ran away. Probably to get backup.

JR is up!

mistaya fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 10, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3->2

"Knew those fuckers would show their true colors!" JR shouts triumphantly as he turns away from the staircase and towards Olivia. He raises his new gun (nice of Cyrus to give it to him, though the security guard was about to regret it) and firing at the distracted Olivia.

Firing at Olivia. Guns /-/+ +4 = 4 I'll spend a fate point on The Devils’ Right Hand to try to kill Olivia making it +6, and I'll tag any consequences she has, as well. For damage it is a weapon: 3, ignoring armor 2 or less.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Ignore armor 2 or less
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		() () () ()
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: (), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: ()
Any Major (-6) Consequence: (), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence: ()

Piell fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 10, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Olivia BADLY flubs her defense roll, Athletics 5: --/- +5 = 2. Takes a whopping 9, and has to dip both remaining consequences to stay alive.

Olivia screams as JR's new borrowed automatic pistol dumps half the clip into her. Pink blood spatters on the wall and all over Ada. Olivia falls forward, losing her grip on Ada and collapsing limply to the floor, clutching at her stomach.

"Jesus Christ, man! What are you doing?!" Cyrus yells. But his gun is back in his holster and he makes no threatening moves. He's in the middle of a set of CPR compressions on Niell's unconscious body. The vampire does not appear to be breathing. Cyrus' mouth is stained with Niell's blood from giving him mouth-to-mouth.

Veronica sobs miserably. "Why?"

"That will be enough." Ruby says, standing up out of her chair at last. She grabs Veronica by the hair and drags her to her knees. "What have you done to your brother, girl? I will not be used in this charade."

"What are you talking... Aiiiiya!" Veronica squeals as Ruby shakes her by the hair.

"What have you done to your brother!?"

Cyrus chokes suddenly and collapses forward onto Niell. His breathing increases rapidly and he starts to convulse.

"Poison." Cole whispers.

Well SOMEONE's wine was poisoned anyway. Combat is officially over, feel free to do as you like.

pre:
Olivia
Stats: Athletics 4+1
Physical: ()()(X) 
Mild -2: Couchcussion (used)
Moderate -4: Gutshot
Severe -6: Bleeding Out

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 2

"Jesus Christ, indeed! I'm doing what I shoulda done the first time I met these things," JR says as he walks up to Olivia and places the barrel of the gun up to her head. "I'm killing them."

JR will kill her, and then the rest of the vampires, unless given a very good reason not to.

Piell fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 10, 2012

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

All of a sudden, Ada's peace of mind was over and everything came rushing back to her, all at once. There was no adrenaline to keep her together, not yet - just dread that the doom Ruby had foretold would come to pass, resolve to make sure it wouldn't, the lust the vampire had planted in her mind...shaking her head, Ada shoved it away. She had to keep her cool right now, because it was looking like nobody else would.

"Not a drat chance." She said, growling as she put a hand on JR's shoulder. "We don't have the time, the chance, or the motive to kill them now, cowboy. There's people out there who want us all dead, and the last thing we need is to make their job easier. If you want to shoot somebody up, there's plenty of warm bodies upstairs. These ones are mine." She said, glancing at each of the vampires in turn, briefly, before turning to Jenny. "Jen, take care of the bouncer and make sure he pulls through. If there's anything you can do to make sure his boss doesn't bite it either, go for it. Cole." She added now concentrating on the Warden. "We need to clear a way out. Any chance you and JR can do something about it? And Hugues...you know more about this sort of stuff than I do. Got any clue as to what kinda game they're playing?" Ada wasn't expecting Hugues to have a perfect answer to her question. Not by a long shot. But they had to piece a plan together, and fast, and he was good at thinking on the fly. Whatever ideas he could come up with would have to do for now. She was too busy trying to stop the situation from escalating any further to work things out.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny curses, moving to Cyrus's side and checking his symptoms. "Someone get me something I can stick in his mouth, he's going to bite his tongue off otherwise." Jenny moves around his body, keeping well away from his mouth and using her knees to stabilize his head. "Don't shoot her yet, please. There's..." she winced as the bodyguard's head came down hard on her knee, then continued, "Cole said that they had people. The people from the yacht. Real people, I mean. Not these loving monsters. We may need her to lead us to them."

And then we can kill them, she finished inside the privacy of her own head.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR grimaces. "Make your deal if you have to, but I ain't gonna be a part of it," he says, the gun held steady to Olivia's head. JR had had enough of deals with evil, and how every time they went wrong. Let the others imperil their souls if they wanted to, and he'd be there to clean up their messes.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hugues gazed lingered in Veronica's direction, before letting out a frustrated sigh and turning to Ada. She could expect no help from him. What very little trust was there is gone.

"Given the clusterfuck tonight, there's a lot of possibilities here. Assassination and extraction one, completely coincidental attacks another, although the timing is too good for that possibility to be taken seriously." He let out a long sigh. "My veil is upstairs. I might be able to take the chance and sneak around, see what we're up against out there." With Ada taking a clear mind, the next Vampire War wouldn't start so easily, so Hugues could safely leave.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Warden, take this. I will do what I can to stabilize the mortal." Ruby holds Veronica's hair in Cole's direction. Veronica looks panicked. She clearly wants to flee, or attack, or anything at all, but her eyes never leave JR's gun.

Cole shoves Veronica back into the chair next the fireplace. "JR. As your friend, I am asking you not to pull that trigger just yet. But keep the gun on her, please."

He grabs Veronica by the shoulders. "Every word you say will be true until I release this spell, do you understand? And you will answer, or my friend will shoot your sister. And that will be the end of it."

Veronica nods distractedly, unable to look away from the barrel and Olivia's head.

Cole looks at Hugues, specifically. "I can't speak while I maintain the truth spell. You have five minutes. Ask her anything." He turns back to Veronica. "Impela."

Cole's head bobs forward. Veronica gasps, clutching her throat. Tears run down her cheeks. "I just wanted... to protect my family..."

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"...alright." Looks like he won't get a chance to scurry out just yet. Five minutes, huh? No time to waste. Ask yes or no questions carefully, although Veronica wasn't in a position to resist and tell fairy truths.

Start off simple. "Who poisoned Niall? What poison is it?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

IRC rapid fire Jack Baur Interrogation go!

Hugues: "Who poisoned Niall? What poison is it?"
Veronica: "I did. In his wine. Cyanide."
Hugues: "Who is attacking upstairs?"
Veronica: "Claus Skavis."

Jenny: "Where are the people from the yacht?"
Veronica: "The warehouse in the lot behind the nightclub."
Hugues: "Why does Claus want Niall dead?"
Veronica: "Skavis massacred in Chicago. Niall stole the city back from them."
Jenny: "Do you have an antidote for the poison? Why do you want Niall dead?"
Veronica: "No. Oc... Octavian. I love him."
Hugues: "How many people does Claus have with him? Who else besides just hired goons?"
Veronica: "Didn't tell me."
Jenny: "God you vampires are disgusting. Where is Octavian?"
Veronica: "In the warehouse."

Ada: "What about your sister. Did the goons have orders to take her out, or is she just collateral damage?"
Veronica: "No! Just... N... Niell. He's not family, he's not even from here!"
Jenny: "Where is Antoine?"
Veronica: "I don't know."
Jenny: "Who is summoning the demons?"
Veronica: "I can't tell you! I can't, please!"
Hugues: "Why not?"
Jenny: "JR, shoot her in the leg."

JR moves the gun a few inches and puts a round in Olivia's leg. Olivia cries out in pain. Veronica screams. "Swear. Swear on your power you won't kill her!"

Hugues: "I swear."
Jenny: "I swear on my power that I will not kill Olivia. Now speak, vampire."
Ada: "She might be dead already. I'm not the doctor here, but that swear's probably not worth much."
Veronica: "gently caress you, blood mage. I want his promise." She looks straight at JR.

Hugues points his gauntlet at JR. "JR. Do it."
Cole holds up a finger. One minute left.
JR: "I swear on my power that I will not kill Olivia."
Hugues drops his arm.

"I never wanted this." Veronica said quietly. "Even for Niell. Goodbye, sister." She held her head up high and spoke in a clear voice. "Antoine Skavis is your demon summoner." A sound, like a muffled crack of bone, and Veronica lurched forward into Cole's arms. She was dead.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR pulls the gun back from Olivia's head. "I swore, but you didn't, Cole. Kill her, and I'll make sure the other one," he motions towards Niell, "is dead. We can stop these from feeding off of any more humans at least."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ada duSang - FP: 1 -> 2

As Veronica uttered the summoner's name and her brain gave out, Ada's heart jumped. She felt elated, sickened and guilty at the same time. They had a name, finally. This could all end very soon...but it had come at a cost. What was having a name to call the monster who was planning to bring the apocalypse down on New Orleans worth, if it meant stepping down to his level? Veronica was dead now, but her promise still hung in the air, its weight almost tangible.

Ada glanced down at Olivia, Ruby's words still in her mind. She had no part to play in this, but her sister had still killed herself to protect her.

Her sister...

Memories came rushing back to Ada. A speeding car, and a yell, then blood everywhere...just like now. And she had red hair, too...

"Cole." Ada said, her voice barely more than a whisper. "We need to talk."

Compelling Living My Sister's Life. No matter what it takes, Ada is getting Olivia out of this situation alive.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2012

• Locked thread