Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Warden Cole FP:2

"Goodbye, Rick."

Cole freezes as Veronica's lifeless body falls into his arms. He's never seen a vampire sacrifice itself for another. Never even heard of it. Monsters don't lay down their lives for the chance to save someone else. They just don't. Cole stands up and pushes Veronica back into the chair. He closes her empty eyes. "JR. Put the gun away." he says. "Rubeansidhe, how are the poison victims?"

"The vampire Niell has played his part and is dead. The mortal man will live, if I tend him for a time. He breathes still. I cannot aid you further, Wizard."

Cole frowns. "This was a set up from the beginning. The Skavis pull a coup while I'm here, pin the deaths on me. Even if I walk away they can get me pulled out of the city and discredited, leaving them plenty of time for their ritual."

Ruby smiles. "It would have worked splendidly, had you come alone. I am impressed, Wizard. They will still try to shift the blame to you, of course."

"Of course. And what of your part in this?"

"I was a guest of the Raiths. Niell thought to use me to frighten you. An error, on his part."

"And what is a Summer Sidhe doing guesting with the Raiths?"

Ruby said nothing. Cole nodded. That was all he was going to get out of her.

"There are people trapped in that warehouse and we are going to get them out." he looks at JR. "A man is only as good as his word, JR. If you pull that trigger, you aren't who I thought you were. Go, get your equipment back. I'll take care of things here."

When no one moves, Cole points at the stairs. "GO."

Ada can stay behind since she wanted a private chat. There's no one upstairs so go get your items back from the case under the front desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1

(Equipment get!)

Hugues didn't say anything, but he hurried up the stairs when Cole made the order. Things were going to be fine down there. Cole and Ada were in control, and Ruby was acting nice for a Fae.

Once he had his backpack back, the first thing he did was pull out the blanket-veil. "Everyone stay inside for now, I'm going to sneak out and look around, see if it's clear. Gonna see if we still have our escape route, before checking the warehouse."

(The Portable Veil is a 4-shift Block against being seen that lasts 3 exchanges. Hugues can prolong it by taking extra stress.
Stealth to sneak outside, +--+ +2 = 2.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hugues doesn't see anyone in the parking lot immediately, except the prone body of the doorman lying in a bloody puddle a few feet from the door. The van in all it's radiant white-trash glory, is parked way in the back as if to disassociate it from "real people" cars, but it's also gleaming in the sunlight as if freshly washed. A quick pocket search of the dead doorman gives Hugues a wallet and three sets of keys. The van keys with their large red rabbit's foot keychain are obvious.

Looking around he can see the warehouse behind the parking lot. There is a very tasteful 6 foot wooden privacy fence between it and the lot, but there's an obvious entrance gate with just a bolt and no lock on it. It's actually right by the van.

Hugues can't see far enough through the veil to tell if there's anyone watching from the warehouse's upper windows.

In case it wasn't clear. Club faces the street. Parking lot is behind the club. Fence w/gate (people sized) marking boundary of lot. Warehouse is behind the fence. Van is parked by the gate.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 2

JR's grip tightens on the gun for a moment, his fingers turning white. With an angry grunt he pulls the gun back. "Fine, let her go then. And when you find the dead bodies, you'll know it's your fault and that I coulda stopped it, right here." He turns away from Olivia towards the stairs, his duster whirling as he moves. He makes his way past the doorman's body, heading for the van and his guns. If he couldn't kill all the succubus's, he'd at least drat sure let some people free, and kill any of the monsters that got in his way.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ada duSang - FP: 2

"This is on you." Ada said, as soon as everyone else was out of earshot, glancing at Veronica's body. She wasn't happy with what she'd just witnessed, and she didn't feel like softening the blow right now. "On all of you. What was that, for God's sake? You hosed with her brain, then Jenny had her shot, and let's not even talk about how eager JR was to pull the trigger. That girl's brain gave out because her uncle put a spell on her, but make no mistake, WE were the ones who killed her." Ada took a very deep breath before continuing. "I'm disgusted. Disgusted." She said, her voice crackling with barely-contained anger. "And then we wonder why those bastards want to call down the wrath of God to cleanse this place. If this is how we're going to do things, maybe some of that holy judgement is needed after all." As soon as she let it out, the anger was gone. All that was left inside Ada was emptiness and worry. "This isn't right, Cole. We're supposed to fight monsters, not act like them. You wanna know what got all of this started? Fear. The entire supernatural world is absolutely loving afraid of us, people like you and me." Ada said, echoing Ruby's words. "And after what I've seen just now, I'm not sure I can blame them."

Kneeling besides Olivia, Ada shook her head. "I'm going to get her out of here. She's going to die if we leave her alone." Then, she looked up to Cole, and for a moment all of her disappointment and weariness was reflected in her eyes. "Promise me you won't pull yourself down to their level, Cole. You're the one who calls the shots here. The face we put forward, to outsiders and to ourselves." Taking the Warden Pin, she raised up for him to see. "Promise me this won't become just a pretty little trinket, Warden. Because if it ever does, it means this cause isn't worth fighting for anymore."

Putting the pin back on, Ada turned her attention to the fallen vampire once more. She couldn't help her, not right now. She didn't have any medical expertise, or the magical know-how to stop her injuries from getting worse. Blood had already been shed, and she couldn't put it backin...but she could control where it was going, and make sure everything worked as normal. Tracing concentric circles around Olivia's stomach, Ada closed her eyes and concentrated. "Esshi He." She murmured. At once, the pale blood became animate, circling around the vampiress' body and forming an almost translucent pink haze. Sighing, Ada carefully lifted her up. The haze didn't look like much, but blood was a powerful source of magic. It would keep the outside world at bay and dull the pain.

"Alright." Ada said, nodding. "The others are waiting. Lets go."

Taking a moment to cast a spell on Olivia, to apply a maneuver for four exchanges, Stabilized Flow. Not enough to actually kickstart a recovery process, but enough to take the strain off her body a bit. Roll result here, succeeds.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 31, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cole lets her vent her anger and frustration. He feels numb. Too far. I let it go to far. But now they had a name. Now they could save thousands of lives. It wasn't right. What was I supposed to do?! Something. Anything. It wasn't right.

"You want some responsibility, Ada?" he says, unable to keep the anger and bitterness out of his voice. "Tell me then, who dies? That girl will kill the first person she sees when she comes to. She'll have no control over it. That is what she is." He breaks the ribbon binding his sword with a quick twist and draws it. "Do I let her do that? Do I let you take her to a hospital, where she'll kill a nurse, or a doctor, or god forbid the patient in the room with her? Do we leave her there behind the couch with those two men and walk away?"

He takes three steps towards her. "Or do I finish her now, and end the life of a monster? There is no right answer in the real world. And don't you dare think you can walk away from this clean. It's on me? You're right. The lives of everyone in this city are on my head. And you four are all I have. So tell me, Ada, tell me what I should do. Because I. DONT. KNOW."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

"You leave it up to me." Ada said, as she made a choice. "She's not strong enough to get the best of me, and I'm the one who wants to keep her alive. It's time to take responsibility, Ada." She thought, as she looked at Cole, trying to hide the fact that she wasn't sure if the gamble she was taking would work out without anybody getting hurt in the end. "We go up, leave her in the back of the van, go rescue those people, and then you keep everybody else from doing something rash while I look for someone who can take care of her and won't fall for her wiles."

"In other words...you do the right thing. And you choose to trust me." After a moment, Ada spoke again, her voice expectant. "Do you?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cole stood his ground. "Ada, that's not making a decision. That's putting the decision off. Leaving her like this is torture. If you chain her up so she can't feed, she'll go mad. No one can survive a reflexive White Court feeding."

"There may be a way." Ruby says, tilting her head and looking right at Ada. "Your second soul can sustain you through it, dear one. Although you have sorely used her of late. It is a great risk."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"My second...what are you..."

And then it hit her like a bullet in the head. Instantly, Ada flinched away, Olivia still in her arms. "No. No no no no no. We can't do that. She's hurt and she's alone and it would be so cruel and..." She said, her green eyes wide with fear. "She's just a little girl! You can't be serious about offering her up to a vampire! There's got to be another way!" There was a clear note of panic in Ada's voice. All of her bravery seemed to have drained away from her. "Can't you help her like you helped me? Maybe that can stop her from freaking out." She offered, desperately.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"What in the hell are you two talking about?" Cole demanded.

"I have no power over her, nor would I want to." Ruby says, shaking her head. "I would not consul you to offer the small one. You must offer yourself, and share the burden. As you did the demonfire. Or don't, and let the Wizard end her life. It would be mercy."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"..."

Time seemed to stop for what seemed like an eternity. Even though it couldn't have beem more than a few seconds, entire trains of thought ran their course and were promptly replace by new ones inside Ada's head.

"She's right. She's in pain and there's no one she can trust anymore. You should just let her go. There's kindness and then there's foolishness, and this falls squarely in the latter camp."

"But it's not right. We made Veronica a promise. The least we can do is stick to it. Leaving her to bleed out is still a murder, even if your hands won't get stained this time."

"It's too late to talk about stains when you're covered in them already. This situation's gone to hell and innocent lives are at stake. It's time to drop this and focus on saving those who actually deserve to be saved."

"Plus, the cowboy's right. Regardless of any promises, she's a monster, and she'll go back to killing once you've left, probably with even more gusto now that there's no one around to keep her on the leash. Don't pity the devil, Ada. Pity those who think she deserves their compassion."

"But turn my back, after that whole spiel I just gave Cole? After I asked him to be the better man? Sure, I could do that. Ask everybody else to rise up to the occasion, but fail to do it myself when there's nobody else to take care of things. It'd make me a hypocrite, but what does it matter if I already got to take the moral high ground? I got what I wanted out of this already. I could do that, but..."

"...But it's not right."

"It's not right." Ada said, the sound of her own voice almost causing her to jump in surprise and shock. Why did she sound so scared? She'd already made a decision. It was time to play things out. "We gave our word, and I'm going to keep it. I'll bear most of the burden. She doesn't need to get too involved in this.". "Just hold me up if it looks like I'm about to stumble, Sis. I don't need anything more." Ada thought as she made her way to the seat Niell had previously occupied. Sitting there, she shifted her posture uncomfortably, and put a hand to Olivia's cheek. "I don't know how to go about this...guess I'll have to improvise." She murmured, before adding in a much softer voice. "It's not your time yet. Can you hear me? She wants you to stay here, still. Wake up. Wake up now, Olivia."

Transient People fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 11, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"I'm not letting you do this." Cole said, sheathing his sword. Before he could take a step Ruby was standing right in front of him. She was barely taller than his belt, but she radiated the warm heat of Summer magic like a tiny sun.

"You will not interfere. This was her decision, a decision you forced upon her." Ruby's blonde hair was lifting up off her shoulders, she was so charged. "Go to your men, Wizard. I will watch over her."

Cole cursed. "I won't leave her alone like this!"

Ruby shook her head. "She is not alone. She never has been. You claimed a duty to the people of this city, go and fulfill it. You can do no good here."

"gently caress!" Cole paced for a moment, while the Sidhe woman's eyes followed him. Finally he turned away. "I do trust you Ada. Please, don't die on me." He took the stairs two at a time.

--

For a moment, nothing happened. Then warmth tingled up Ada's arm, spread through her whole body. She gasped and blushed. Raw need, hot and hungry and pleasurable. Olivia let out a soft sigh, and her hands moved over Ada's skin instinctively, pulling her into an embrace. Her bloodied head rested against Ada's chest, and she rocked slowly back and forth. Ada couldn't have resisted now, not even if she'd wanted to. The vampire had her completely.

"Dear one, do not take it all upon yourself! You will die!" Ruby's voice was distant and fuzzy and worried. Ada didn't care. It felt good. So good she didn't want to share. She was carried on the current of lust and it was exquisite. It wouldn't be so bad, to die this way.

Something pinched her hard on the arm. Ada frowned and ignored it. It happened again. She looked, and the little girl was there, with a terrified expression on her cherub face. NO! she mouthed. NO! STOP! No sound came out but the words were clear.

Why? Ada thought, annoyed.

LOOK! the girl mouthed, pointing at Olivia. Only Olivia wasn't Olivia, she was terrifying. Quicksilver and platinum. Smooth and warm and... Wrong. Ada tried to pull away but the vampire's grip was absolute. The little girl forced her way between the two of them, shuddering as the vampire latched a hand over her shoulder. She grabbed Ada's waist in a tight hug and buried her face in her big sister's side.

It only lasted another moment. Then Ada was herself again, pulled away from the vampire's clutches by the Rubeansidhe.

"Well done." she says with fierce pride. Olivia is sleeping peacefully now, all her wounds closed. A satisfied smile on her too-pale face.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

It was the second time that day that Ada had been struck by a White Court Vampire's powers. This time, she'd been hit by it at full power, and it had left her dizzy and weak. It had been...intoxicating. Even now that it was over, it seemed utterly surreal that she could have possibly felt something so sincerely, wanted someone so deeply as she had moments ago. Ada knew that something was hollow now, gone, but the sensations that had made her face flushed and her breathing light and superficial nearly commanded her to stay there and wait for Olivia to wake up. It was an herculean effort to stand up, stumble towards the remaining couch, and put Olivia down there, but she did it. Then, she turned around to look at Ruby.

"Someone had to do it. I'm just happy we could work this out." She glanced back at the sleeping vampire, and felt her stomach churn with revulsion, even as her heart pulsed with desire. "That...thing...I never thought it'd be so powerful, or alluring. I'm wondering if I made the right choice now." She shook her head. "But it doesn't matter, anyway. They're all waiting for me upstairs, and they need me." She paused. "Thanks for all the help, Ruby. It's time to go and carry out the task you asked of me." Taking a deep breath, Ada began climbing up the stairs.

Ada sustains an Extreme consequence, but thanks to a certain little girl's intervention, it gets split into two Moderates instead. Ada takes the Soul Half Snuffed Moderate Mental Consequence as payment for saving Olivia's life. And now, it's time to finish our business.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3

Jenny heads upstairs, taking the steps two at a time, and stops by the body of the dead doorman. She leans in to check his pulse, then stops herself - there's simply no way. She curses and starts moving again, towards the warehouse. There were people in there, still. Alive. People she could help.

There had to be.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Everything in the parking lot seems quiet...

Hugues is still concealed by his veil I think. There are two entrances to the building (in dark red.)

INIT is of course:
JR
Hugues
Jenny

mistaya fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 11, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

JR quickly jogs out to the van. Throwing the door open, he reaches under the seat and recovers his guns, leaving the borrowed semiauto in their place. There wasn't any time to waste - if there were any guards in the building and they'd seen what happened outside the club, they might panic and hurt the humans.

Athletics -/-+ +5 = 4 gets me to B3

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hugues hustles forward, carefully holding his veil up to get closer to the warehouse. So far, nothing interesting, other than JR moving ahead and getting his guns back.

(Athletics +-+/ +4 = 5! to move to B3.
Alertness +-+/ +2 -2 = 1! to not see poo poo.)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +0. Veil +4 (second turn)
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		( ) ( ) ( ) 
Social:		( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	()
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	()
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: Portable Veil

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3->4

Jenny bursts into the open parking lot, moving as quickly as she can towards the opposite side. Heedless of the possible danger, she doesn't even try to hide her movements, focusing on the warehouse and its contents.

Athletics //// +2 = 2 for a delightfully average roll, moving into B6. Taking a compel to not even attempt stealth - Jenny's got too much on her mind.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

With his guns in his hands, JR stormed towards the warehouse. As he approached the door, he slowed down just enough to bust it open with a powerful kick and follow the broken pieces of door inside the warehouse..

Athletics ++-+ + 5 = 7, moving to B2 and exploding that door to get inside.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Ignore armor 2 or less
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		() () () ()
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: (), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: ()
Any Major (-6) Consequence: (), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence: ()

Piell fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 12, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Dammit JR, don't you know the meaning of stealth? At least Hugues decided stealth was worthwhile and went around the back. At the very least, JR was a distraction.

(Athletics to move to A1, moving through A2. +/// +4 = 5! is more than enough.)

Upon getting there there was a lock on the side door, although the lock wasn't in very good condition, and Hugues bashed it open with his sword.

(Weapons -+/+ +3 = 4! to break the lock.)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +0. Veil +4 (last turn)
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 12, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

JR's kick sends the damaged from door right off its hinges, and it falls over the legs of one very dead looking security type man. The warehouse is not huge, but it is stacked with crates containing everything you'd need to run a fancy nightclub. Wines, liquors, spare furniture, party supplies... You name it. No sign of any human prisoners though.

--

Hugues enters the warehouse via the back door. Two security guards are sprawled in pools of blood a few feet ahead and to the side of him. A thug with a shotgun is standing a little ways down the hall, peering at the open door but not seeing him behind his veil.

--

Cole exits the nightclub and quickly overtakes Jenny. Ada is not with him.

Athletics: ++// +3 = 5. Moving to A4. Alertness of -1, Cole don't see poo poo either. Stealth +1, not good enough.

Crates block line of sight (the gaps are so you can see they're seperate crates, you can't attack or see through them.) Thugs still only take a moderate before giving up. To find your human hostages, you'll need to pass an Investigate 4 check.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 12, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 4->3

Jenny puts on a burst of speed as JR kicks the door in, skidding to a halt beside him and raising her shield bracelet. "Let's go."

Athletics ++/- +2 = 3, invoking "Can't Stop Me, I Know What's Right" to put on an extra burst of speed so she can save the hostages.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR sprints towards the center of the the warehouse, looking for someone to shoot. He's moving so fast that he actually runs past the first one he sees before slowing down.

Athletics +/++ +5 = 8! Moving to B2.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Physical:	() () () ()

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

There's a guy directly ahead, and his veil is starting to fade away. He could spend the energy to reactivate it, or strike now while he's got the chance. Hopefully one shot would take him out. With a dramatic flourish, Hugues stepped into the warehouse, threw off his veil to the side, and fired ahead.

(Supplemental to move into Inside A1. Firing Fire Gauntlet at mook in A2. Discipline /-+- +4-1 = 2... with Weapons:6. Oh well, because I've got Ambush, mook has to roll to defend at +0.

EDIT: Dodging a 1, Athletics //-+ +4 = 4.)

pre:

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 12, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Of all the things the gun-for-hire was expecting when that door creaked open, a 10 year old with a flamethrower was not one of them. The blast hit him full in the chest and he fell down screaming. His partner was equally surprised, but he manages to shoot at Hugues. But even mercernaries have trouble shooting little kids and his aim is terrible.

--

Cole runs for the back door, following Hugues, although he doesn't know it. He enters the building just as the second thug fires off his ineffectual shot.

The thug JR bypassed moves forward to cover the door, trusting to his leader to take out the cowboy.

The Lead thug lowers his rifle and fires off a shot at JR from a magnum handgun that looks like it came straight out of a movie.

Thug 1 defends, Athletics: +0. Takes 8 stress, which pushes the moderate "3rd degree burns" and he's Taken Out.
Cole moves up. Athletics: +4, moving to Interior A-1.
B-1 Thug (henceforth knows as Thug 2) attacks Hugues, Guns: +1
Star Thug shoots at JR, Guns: +4
B-2 thug (Thug 3) moves to C2 and manuevers, "Watching the Door" Guns: +3 -1 for moving. Aspect lasts 2 turns.

INIT:
JR
Hugues
Cole
Thug 2
Thug 3
Star Thug
Jenny <-we are here.
Ada

mistaya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 13, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny throws open the door, turning to face a surprised looking thug bringing his gun to bear. Jenny twists her mouth into a snarl, moving her arm in a wide sweep. "Bavegn!" Boxes burst and tumble off the shelves, flying in all directions. A crate of champagne flutes flies off the shelf and bounces off the man's arm, throwing off his aim and tinkling merrily as they shatter.

Jenny keeps moving, bringing her shield to bear as she advances. "Stay down, rear end in a top hat! It's been a long day already!"

Taking a supplemental to move into C3. Summoning four shifts of power at Discipline +-+- +7 -1 = 6, so Attack: 6 W:4.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Physical:	( ) ( ) (X) 
Mental:		(X) ( ) (X) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )
Used:

RPZip fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 12, 2012

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Everything was quiet on the way out. After the thugs' attack, the building looked abandoned. Quickly, Ada found Ruby's stone and her jeweled case and began making her way to the warehouse. She could already hear screams coming from inside. Quickening her pace, Ada just hoped she wouldn't be too late.

Rolling Athletics to move forward. An Athletics roll of +2 allows me to move two zones forward to A6 I believe.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR grunts as a bullet slams into him. Luckily, his duster kept it from actually going in, but it's still a solid hit. He responds with a good hit from his own, and the head thug didn't have the advantage of a magically protective duster to stop the bullet.

Athletics +--- +5 = 3, for a 4 stress hit. Using the Armor: 1 from my duster to reduce it to a 3 stress hit. Then shooting Starthug, Guns /++/ +5 = 7 with a weapon 3.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1 (used)
Physical:	() () (X) ()

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jenny's thug pulls himself out of the broken glass and shattered wood with some effort, he looks dazed. JR's thug takes the bullet in the chest but his body armor prevents anything but a really nasty bruise that will show up in a few hours.

pre:
Thug 3
Stats: Athletics 3, Guns 4
Physical: ()()(X)
Mild: Crate'rd
Moderate:
pre:
Star Thug
Stats: Athletics 3, Guns 4 Armor: 1
Physical: ()()(X)
Mild: Bruised Ribs
Moderate:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Gunshots to the left, and a thug with really bad aim. Or was he just shocked that Hugues set one of his buddies on fire. And now Cole was there as well. Looked like the little talk was over already. "You're back quickly," Hugues said casually, taking steps closer to the thug that fired at him, "did everything go alright with Ada?"

Hugues drew his sword, catching the lights in the warehouse and reflecting it straight into the thug's eyes. To the thug, Hugues might as well been some kind of Jedi, turning his sword into a lightsaber. Hugues held his florescent blade up to maintain the blinding effect until he was close enough to strike. The few swings he made all deliberately came up short, as the predator toyed with his prey, all while casually speaking and almost ignoring the thug.

(Supplemental to move into B1, Weapons Maneuver to inflict "Distracted by a Feint" on the thug. +/++ +2 = 5!!! Thug 2 defends with Empathy/Discipline and rolls /-// +0 = -1... Maneuver inflicted.)

pre:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"The vampire isn't dead, if that's what you want to know." Cole says. He cups one hand, calling forth a snowball sized ball of water. "Woza!" He lobs it at the dazzled thug, and it turns to solid ice in the air and cracks the man in the jaw so hard it knocks him off his feet. He doesn't get back up.

The lead thug curses and pulls the trigger again. "What do you think this is rear end in a top hat, the OK corral?"

The crate-crushed thug takes one more shot at Jenny with his machine gun, but he's too dazed to talk poo poo.

7 shifts, Disc: ++-- +7 = 7, +2 tag = 9 W:7
Thug 2 defends, Athletics: -//- +3 = 1. Yeah he's done.
Star Thug attacks JR, Guns /+-+ +4 = 5, weapon:3
Thug 3 attacks Jenny, Guns /-// +4 = 3, weapon:2

INIT:
JR
Hugues
Cole
Star Thug
Thug 3
Jenny <-we are here
Ada

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 13, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny's shield bracelet cracks to life, the floating figures deflecting bullets to either side of her as they came howling in. Another gesture from her right hand brings a bar stool slamming right into the thug's back, dropping him to the floor.

Defend with my shield bracelet. Discipline //+/ +7 = 8 and he goes down.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Physical:	( ) ( ) (X) 
Mental:		(X) ( ) (X) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )
Used: Shield Bracelet

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Shouts and the sounds of gunfire were coming from the other side of the parking lot. For a while, things were pretty busy, but then they slowly went quiet. Covering most of the remaining distance, Ada gritted her teeth. She hoped things had gone as planned, but there would be no way to know for certain until she crossed the door. Crossing her fingers, she carefully approached the warehouse's front entrance.

Rolling Athletics to move forward. Result is +4, leaving Ada pretty close to the warehouse!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

"Shoulda got a real gun!" JR as he hurls himself to the side as the other gunman takes aim. The sights of JR's revolver settle over the other man's head, and JR pulls the trigger. The bullet strikes him in the head and splatters bits of skull and brains on the crates behind him. He looks around but doesn't see any more conscious and or alive foes. "That all of 'em?" He begins looking around the room for the humans that were supposed to be being kept in the building.

Athletics ///+ +5 =6, dodged a bullet. Then shooting Starthug, Guns +-++ +5 = 7, upped to 9 with the consequence tag, with a weapon 3. Investigation +1 ++/+ = 4, JR is rolling hot tonight.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

If there's one thing JR knows, it's that monsters always go to ground when they want to feel safe. It doesn't take him too long to find the metal ring embedded in a marked square of the floor. Pulling on it is no good, though. The drat thing's made of concrete and even JR isn't strong enough to pull it up on his own.

Probably a pretty good place to keep prisoners then.

COMBAT ENDS!
Secret floor panel is in C-1, but movement is free now.
Concrete panel is a might check of +8 to pull it open, OR you can attempt to destroy it, which would require at least a 15 stress attack of some plausible kind. (group effort go!)
Ada can rejoin the group now.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny kneels by the concrete slab, studying the edges. "It's pressed tight against the sides. Look, there's barely even room to get a knife in. Not too bad for a vampire, I suppose, but for us..." Jenny concentrates, trying to push the slab away from the edges with her magic before giving up. "We could use something to coat the surface, lower the friction. I'll try and push it upwards, but this isn't going to happen without all of us, I think."

Discipline +++- +5 = 7 to place a maneuver - "Forced Upwards".

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Cole was upset about the talk with Ada obviously, although it always seemed to get frustrated whenever Vampires were involved. And when working with a vampire court became a necessity, that caused problems.

But now there was the hole in the ground to deal with. Everyone else, or at least Cole, JR and Jenny, were all in foul moods and doubtful they were going stand by and let Hugues pull out a spell the long way. "Cole, you're good with water, right? Know any good slime or grease spells?" Hugues looked around to be productive and...huh. Convenient crowbar.

(Investigation +/+- +2 = 3! for Convenient Crowbar.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Yeah, stand clear." Cole knelt down and swiped his hand across the concrete slab. "Amafutha."

A thin coating of clear oily substance seeped into the cracks and edges of the slab. "That should be enough." Cole said, looking up at JR.

Conviction -+-/ +4 = 3, good enough to stick "Greased Slab."
That's 3 tags, JR should be good to go.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

With the crowbar, and Cole and Jenny assisting magically, JR manages to pry up the concrete slab.

Might ++-- +4 = 4, plus 3 tags is +10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Down a short flight of stairs is a well-lit basement area. There is a barred off section like an old-timey jail with a bunch of college aged kids in it. They're sitting or lying down, some huddling together. Their eyes are glazed over, and they don't notice when the group enters the room.

The two people who do notice are Claus and Octavian. Claus is looking at the college kids, probably keeping them in some kind of trance, while Octavian is kneeling on the ground, clutching a pretty 20 year old to his chest. She's completely limp in his arms, arms splayed and head tilted backwards. Silent tears run down her cheeks, her eyes are wide and staring.

The Skavis are not so gentle with their food as the Raiths. Octavian holds a thin knife and he's been using it on the woman while he feeds, increasing her pain and misery. blood stains the tile, and leaks down into a drain on the floor. The vampire is nearly healed, but Niell wasn't lying about punishment. Octavian's left ear is gone, and his left eye is a gaping empty socket. His skin is a mess of puckered scars, and he looks like something out of a horror film.

"Why won't you just die already?" Claus growls. He pulls his sword and charges JR, (who was of course, the first man down the stairs.) Octavian just laughs like he's gone half mad. The girl jerks as if she's a puppet whose strings have been cut, and he drops her.

Speedo and Orange revenge match!
Speedo launches an attack on JR, Weapons: +/+/ +4 = 6, weapon:2.
Orange uses a Deceit Manuever to give himself "Just Fed": +/// +4 = 5, sticky 5 rounds.

This area is one zone, it's fairly small.

INIT
Claus (Speedo)
Octavian (Orange)
JR <- We are here!
Hugues
Cole
Jenny
Ada

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 14, 2012

• Locked thread