Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hugues' fire bolt roasts the Capra demon so badly that his horns crack in the heat, as it bellows in pain and fury. It is unlikely that the creature expected the fire bolt from the tiny human, or maybe he was too lazy to have dodged, but Hugues has his Full Attention now.

So I stat up my shiny new demon and he proceeds to roll Athletics: ---- +3 = -1.
Takes 6th + Severe on the first turn, (and that's catched!) I think it hates you Krysm. I think it hates you forever.

pre:
Capra Demon
Catch: Magical Fire
Athletics 3, Weapons 4 (weapon: 4) Hulking Size, Inhuman Str/Tough 
Physical: ()()()()()(X) + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: Fire-Cracked Horns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Elbridge Hardley - FP: 2

Feeling the heat of Turner's firebolt as it streaks past the open door, Elbridge takes a deep breath, then begins to cast his own spell, hundreds of tiny needles taking shape in the air in front of him.

Discipline /-/+ +5 -1 for the supplemental of entering the room = 4; successfully added aspect "This may sting a little..."

pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +1, Tacky Hawaiian Shirt (2 uses, 6-shift block for 2
exchanges), Discipline +5
Applicable Aspects: I Don't Care..., I Know You Know..., On Guard (tag, fragile)
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		( ) (X) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 0

Really? The thing didn't even try to dodge? And oh poo poo it's coming right towards him!

(//// +4 = 4. An average roll isn't enough to avoid 4 stress, so I'll tag the Horns for a +2.)

Even though the thing telegraphed it's moves like crazy, that swing came too close for comfort. "The thing hates magical fire," Hugues hollered out, "give it some hell!"

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +1.
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		( ) ( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	()
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	(Overexerted My Soul)
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: Fire Gauntlet

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The enraged Capra swings his axe like the giant hunk of steel that it is, right at the puny human child who dared to injure it so. But its mangled horns catch against the ceiling, throwing off its aim. Hugues manages to fling himself out of the way as the axe cracks the concrete with a thundering boom.

--

Warden Cole FP:1

"Fire? Got it." Cole throws his hand forward like he's pitching a baseball. "Umlilo!" A glowing fire orb lobs through the air in an arc, splattering against the Capra's chest in a burst of flame. It roars again, and the burned fur smell is starting to overpower the sulfur.

Cole tosses a fiyahball. 5 shifts, Disc: /-+/ +5, so 5 w:5 catch'd.
Capra defends, Athletics: +//+ +3 = 5, takes 5th box.

pre:
Capra Demon
Physical: ()()()()(X)(X) + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: Fire-Cracked Horns (used)

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 4->3

Jenny yawns, grumbling a little as she glares at the mirror the demon vanished into. "Come on, we've got to get to Alyssa's room. I don't want to think about what the demon might do to her, and it'll mean we can draw her out if nothing else." Jenny moves into the living room, heading for the stairs she saw in Steven's memory, before pausing a moment to snag a heavy-looking fireplace poker and experimentally twirl it around. Satisfied with the heft, Jenny moves upstairs and to the door of Alyssa's room, trying the handle with her free hand while the other takes a quick look around.

Declaring "Convenient Fireplace Poker"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The bedroom door is locked when Jenny tries it. "Go away, I'm not hungry!" Alyssa yells through the door. Steven scratches at it and whines, but there's no other response. Jenny is pretty sure she can hear crying.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
(Not sure what happened, by my grandparents IP seems to have been banned from SynIRC. I'm going to try to fix this, but I have no idea how long it'll take.
And yes, Krysmbot is banned too.)

:smith:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3

Jenny leans in to the door. "Alyssa? I'm not that... that. You talked to an associate of mine earlier, Ada duSang. I'm here to get you out of here. Open the door, please."

Steven adds a friendly bark. There's sounds of movement and the click of a door unlocking. The girl opens it just a crack. "Who are you? What are you doing here? She'll know!"

"I'm Jenny Hirsch. I'm... uhm." Jenny concentrates for a moment and gently levitates the crowbar. "I'm like Ada, and like you. And I'm a friend, and I'm here to get you out of this place."

"And yes, I know that she'll know. We've met." Jenny furrows her brow. "We'll deal with... it."

Alyssa doesn't answer for a minute. "Hurry. Daddy will be home soon. I'll get my things." An arm shoots out of the door, dragging the dog in by the collar. "There's no mirrors for her in here, I got rid of them a long time ago. I'll be ready when it's safe."

Jenny pauses, looking at the closed door. So... who was Steven, then?

In which an awful truth is revealed.

Athletics ++-/ +2 = 3 to reach her room, Rapport //++ +5 = 7 to talk to Alyssa.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 5->4

While Jenny was talking with the girl and getting her to leave, JR was thinking more about the demon. If she wanted to hide in mirrors, well, he'd just leave no mirrors to hide in. He begins putting the boot to all the mirrors in the room. Step step SMASH, step step SMASH...

Athletics /++- +5 (-1 for supplemental) = 5, supplement to break mirrors

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The Mother shrieks as the mirrors in the living room explode into shards, and another wave of lethargy washes over JR, this one coming from the dining room.

Attempting to land "Drowsy" again. Weapons 4: 4d3-8 = -1, so result of 3. Defend with Endurance.

Mirror Map 1st floor:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ada duSang - FP: 1 ->

Between Hugues' gauntlets and Cole's magic, it looked like the demon would soon go down...but 'down' didn't mean 'out'. Grimacing, Ada reached for her knife. She really, really wished she was better at handling fire...

...And then her hand stopped, as she recalled Mel's words back at the church and remembered the pain of the burns. Slowly, Ada lowered her hand. "Not now. Not in this place. It's too dangerous." Repressing her frustration, Ada raised her hand. As she did so, she heard metal tinkle.

"That's the way." Reaching deep inside, Ada looked for things to use against the demon. Her frustration at not being able to cut loose against it provided an initial supply of energy. Her disgust for the horror of the dungeon then did the rest. Extending a hand, Ada concentrated and exclaimed, "Gisofania!". At once, the still air of the dungeon quickened, surrounding the Caprapigros and pressing down on him, fanning the flames eating the burning fur...but it wasn't as easy as it should have been. For some reason, it felt like the very air was fighting Ada, refusing to bend to her will.

"Dammit. What the hell is going on?" She muttered, as she struggled to control it.

Foxxbot returns and brings terrible rolls with him. Ada's attempt to manipulate the air backfires with a roll of +2 instead of +4...and then another +2 after rerolling. She can't even move with Athletics because she gets a 0.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 4

The drowsiness begins to get to JR, but he keeps moving. He enters the dining room and begins to smash. Once finished there, he charges into the master bedroom and starts wrecking up the place.

Endurance +--/ +3 = 2. Athletics -++- +4 = 4, supplemental to break mirrors. Then Athletics -+++ +4 = 6, supplemental to break mirrors.

Piell fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 25, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny steps into the room across from Alyssa, searching around for the mirrors and bringing the crowbar down onto them with a satisfying tinkling sound.

Move into the Spare Bedroom and Jenny Smash.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There's no cry of anger or warning this time, as the cloying scent pours out of the master bathroom, followed by a heavy throwing knife.

Mother attacks JR with a thrown knife. Weapons: -/++ +4 = 5, Tags "Drowsy" for +7, weapon 1.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 4->3

JR narrowly avoids taking the knife in the throat, but just manages to avoid it and take it on the duster. He quickly rushes into the bathroom to smash the last set of mirrors on the first floor.

First roll is all -'s, so FP that. Athletics /+/- +5 = 5 to dodge, so 3 stress hit. Athletics -+-+ +4 = 4 to move, supplemental to smash.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1  (one use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Ignore armor 2 or less
Physical:	() () (X) ()
Mental:		() () () ()
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: (), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: ()
Any Major (-6) Consequence: (), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence: ()

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"Come on big guy, come and get it!" Hugues hollered, working his way a bit down the hallway, baiting the Capra after him as he fired another blast from his gauntlet.

(Since the hallway is one zone and has a corner, we can flavor these two a bit further down it. No supplemental.
Gauntlet +-+/ +4 = 5! at Weapons:6
Capra //// +3 = 3. 8-stress hit!)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +1.
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Mental:		(X) ( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	()
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	(Overexerted My Soul)
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: Fire Gauntlet

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The Hellhound howls in rage as the battle continues without it, throwing itself at the cage door again. There's an audible creak and crunch of metal, but it hasn't made a big enough gap yet.

Hellhound 1 attacks the door with Might: +-/+ +3 = 4, one more hit will open it.

Hugues' firebolt is too fast to dodge again, and the Capra demon turns to the side to take the blast on his shoulder. His arm hangs, charred and limp.

And Capra takes 8 catch'd which is moderate + 4th box.
Elbridge is up.

pre:
Capra Demon
Physical: ()()()(X)(X)(X) + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4: Pan-Seared Shoulder
Severe -6: Fire-Cracked Horns (used)

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Bellowing with rage and pain, the Caprapigros lumbers past the open door in pursuit of Turner. It registers the tingle of mystical energies just in time to turn toward the side room and catch a thousand tiny needles of force in the face - with its bulk and the enclosed space, not a single one of the projectiles misses its target.

Elbridge casts a 7-shift force evocation and tags both "This might sting..." and the Capra's moderate. Discipline /-++ +9 = 10. Capra rolls to evade: Athletics +-++ +3 = 5. Capra takes 12 shifts of damage, -1 for armour - exactly enough to take it out.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +1, Tacky Hawaiian Shirt (2 uses, 6-shift block for 2
exchanges), Discipline +5
Applicable Aspects: The Forbidden Sage, I Don't Care..., On Guard (tag, fragile),
This may sting a little...
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		(X) (X) ( ) ( )

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny steps out onto the balcony, turning towards the bathroom in time to see Alyssa's mother step out of the mirror and turn towards her. Jenny waves her left hand, the other adjusting her grip on the fireplace poker resting on her shoulder. "It's a lovely home you have here! Very well kept."

The poker had been part of this house for a long, long time. It remembered the wood, the support beams holding the house in place. It was kin to the iron and steel securing the pipes in the bathroom, moving heat and air and water through the house. With the poker as a focus...

Pipes explode out from the wall as the wood warps inwards, bringing down the wall on top of the hapless thing wearing Alyssa's mother's body. "You may need to remodel the bathroom, though."

Taking a supplemental to move onto the balcony. Summoning 6 shifts of power with ++// +7 -1 = 8 to control, as well as tagging the poker for a total of 10 with W:6.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 27, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

From the wreckage of the former bathroom, a hand pokes up in true zombie fashion, clawing at the air. Then the rubble shifts as the body heaves clear of it.

The corpse of the woman Alyssa once called Mother is in awful shape. The limbs hang limp and bones protrude through skin. There's no blood or gore, and Jenny can see why right away. The creature wearing the corpse stares at her with an insect's multifaceted eyes, its yellow carapace half revealed through the torn skin. Mandibles protrude from the broken jaw, and it chitters angrily.

There's a squishy wet sound and the body splits down the back and sloughs off of the thing, leaving behind a demonic wasp the size of a child. Wings extend from behind the back, but the thing does not lift off when it buzzes them.

It looks half squashed already. The antennaes are broken and bent, one leg doesn't have a match on the opposite side, and it's completely unable to fly. But the stinger is the size of a combat knife and the creature looks as fast as is it enraged.

It is exactly at this moment when there is a noise at the front door as someone turns a key in the lock and walks in. "Honey, I'm home!" a man calls cheerfully.

Mother Wasp defending: Athletics +-/- +3 =2. Taking 16 damage, -2 armor from shooting through the wall, leaves her with 2nd and all consequences filled. All hail Jenny the Crusher.
pre:
Mother Wasp
Athletics 3, Weapons 4
()(X)()
Mild 2: Missing Leg
Moderate 4: Broken Antennae
Severe 6: De-Winged
--

Warden Cole FP:1

With the Capra out of the way, Cole turns his attention to the Hellhound. It hasn't quite gotten loose yet, and if he has his way it never will. "I can trap it if you three can whip up something more permanent." he says, approaching the cage. The dog snaps but the Warden doesn't flinch, instead drawing the water out of the steamy sulfurous air and freezing it solid between the bars. "Iqhwa!" he commands.

Cole puts up a block on the cage door, 6 shifts: /-++ = 7, so it works.
Dog rolls a might: -/-/ +4 = 2, so it's stuck while you all ward the crap out of it.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 26, 2012

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

"Quick!" Elbridge shouts, "We need to put a warding on that cage!" With no time to spare, he withdraws a piece of chalk from his shirt pocket and traces a circle around the cage. Thinking quickly, Turner snatches up a stray hair on the ground near the kennel and places it in an adjoining chalk symbol on the edge of the circle. Ada pricks her thumb with her knife and anoints a hastily-scrawled verse with a single drop of her own blood. All four practitioners weave their magics together, turning the ring of chalk into an impenetrable barrier in what might well be a world record for "fastest thaumaturgy under duress."

Ada rolls Disc to add a tag: +/++ +4 = 5. Aspect added: "Bloody Hail Mary". Hugues does the same with Lore: -+-- +5 = 3. Aspect added: "Hair of the Dog". Elbridge channels 4 shifts: Disc +-/- +5 = 4. Cole channels 2 shifts: Disc --/+ +5 = 4. Ada channels 3 shifts: Disc ///- +4 = 3. The ward is up, and doggy's not getting out.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 27, 2012

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Ada duSang - FP: 0

Working on the ward was handy in more ways than one. Collaborating with everybody else on the ward helped Ada focus and handle the dungeon's atmosphere better than before. After the ward was in place, Ada turned her attention to their next move. "That wasn't all of them, right? There's still two rooms we haven't checked yet. We should take a look and see if we can find what we came here for." Between her failure to pin down the pig demon and the grimness of the dungeon's purpose, Ada felt rather unnerved at the moment. She didn't want to spend any more time than the strictly necessary in that place if she could help it.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 27, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3

JR hears the explosion from upstairs - sounds like Jenny found the demon. Of course, that's when the second one came in the front door. Well, he'd just have to take care of that. He quickly moves into the living room, gun at the ready.
Athletics ++/+ +5 = 8 to move into the living room.
pre:
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

NOTE: Group Hellmouth is out of combat for now and can go in any order.

Warden Cole

"That'll hold it until we're gone." Cole said, wiping the sweat out of his eyes. The hellhound threw itself at the bars and glared furiously through mad red eyes but it was done, and it didn't take it long to realize that. It settled, pawns crossed under its chin. Only a low growl came from the cage now.

"We should hurry before something else shows up."

--

The Mother Wasp demon lunges for Jenny's ankles with her stinger, but she's too badly injured to make much of an attempt.

Mother Wasp attacks! weapons: -/-/ +4 = 2, tagging Jenny's Drowsy for 4.

The man in the foyer takes one look at the shattered glass, breathes in the honey-scent hanging in the air, and his eyes fracture into that same insectoid pattern. The meat suit falls away as quickly as if the creature was just slipping out of a jacket. This Wasp demon is far more intimidating than the other one. It has spines and thorns all over it's carapace, and its wings buzz furiously as it flies just high enough to keep itself at eye level. The stinger drips clear liquid onto the floor. It hisses as it burns the tile.

Quick as that, it dives for the cowboy, stinger first.

Daddy Wasp has joined the party! Weapons: +++/ +4 = 7, Supplemental to ditch the meat-suit, Tagging JR's "Drowsy" to make it 8, weapon:3, poisoned.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 27, 2012

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

The warding finished, Elbridge wipes the sweat from his brow and does a quick check of both rooms in the west hallway. The demon's room contains a card table with a half-finished game of solitaire, an open family-size bag of Cheetohs, and an empty fifth of rotgut, but nothing else of interest. Satisfied that there are no more traps in the immediate vicinity, he goes to inspect the man strapped to the chair. A strip of duct tape seals the man's mouth shut; Elbridge carefully removes it.

"Please...no more...just...just kill me now..." The man is hysterical and barely coherent. Elbridge suspects he may have been the victim of a Skavis vampire's feeding, but he can't be sure.

"Don't worry," he reassures the man, "it's alr- well, no, it's rather far from alright, but we are here to rescue you."

Investigate to check for anything else of interest: +/-+ +4 = 5. Lore to see if he's been fed on: /--- +5 = 2.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

When Elbridge started talking to the man in the room, Hugues quietly stepped into the hallway to investigate the rest of the basement, starting with the door next to the cells.

(Moving to Room 3. Alertness +-/- +2 = 1... Investigation +/+/ +2 = 4!!)

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny looks down at the bug demon as she hops sideways out of the way of the stinger, dodging it easily. "What? No last words? No clever quip? Seems like you got the lovely end of the deal when Mel sold you out." Jenny raises her right arm, sighting focusing in her power and leveling the outstretched hand at the demon's torso. "See you in hell, bitch. I don't leave these jobs half-done, and I'll be coming for you real soon."

The blast of power pulverizes the creature's body, crunching it together and forcing ichor out everywhere as Jenny moves down the steps.

Athletics ++-/ +2 = 3, tagging Missing Leg to sidestep the hit. Summoning 4 shifts and -/-/ +6 = 4, tagging both De-Winged and Broken Antennae to bump it to 8 with weapon 4. Supplemental move down to the Living Room.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hugues can see the front of a cell block to his left but he's more interested in the door and creaks it open. Inside there is only a dim orange glow emanating from the long straight ramp leading down that takes up most of the room. Testing the air with his magical senses, Hugues can tell that the veil is very thin in the remainder of the room. This place is used as a gate, constantly. Given the nature of the residents, and the fact that Mr. Capra's size wouldn't have let him up that spiral staircase, there's only one place it's likely to connect to.

---

The prisoner gasps a breath and stops gibbering long enough to give Elbridge a sullen glare when he mentions a rescue. "Stop LYING and kill me already! How stupid do you think I am?! You win, just finish it! I don't want to play anymore!"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ada duSang - FP: 0

Walking up to the chair, Ada placed a hand on the prisoner's shoulder. "Calm down." She said, keeping her own voice steady. "We're here to get you out of this place." As she worked on loosening the straps keeping the prisoner in place, Ada glanced at the door for a moment. "This isn't any kind of game. That scent of burning is coming from one of the beasts that got in our way." As she loosened the last strap, she took the man's hand. "It's dangerous here, you can't stick around. Can you walk?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"gently caress you!" the man yells, and cold cocks Ada as soon as he's free.

"Hey!" Cole grabs the guy from behind to stop any more of that. He doesn't resist. Before he bothers to say anything, the Warden shoves his head out the door so he can see the dead Capra and the warded Hound. "Look, we're not lying. What's going on here?"

The man's eyes dart back and forth, as if he doesn't quite believe it. "I... I don't know. I got grabbed off the street by some guy. He tried to make it out like he was CIA and I was a terrorist or something. He told me things... I didn't believe him at first but..." He looked at Cole. "Is it true? Was there really a nuclear attack on Florida?"

Fists! ++-+ +2 = 4!
Ada gets a fate point on "Marked for a Grim Fate" for her pain.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 28, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3->1

The demon lunges at JR with its stinger. Almost anybody else woulda been hit by it - but JR had been expecting it to attack immediately, and was already moving before the demon lunged. He rolled to the side and fired a round at the demon.

Athletics ++-- +5 = 5. Spending 2 FP on The Devil's Right Hand and No Sympathy For the Devil to make it 9 and dodge the attack. Guns +-/+ +5 = 6 with a weapon 3, ignores armor 2 or less.
pre:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The demon is as agile as JR, and nearly dodges the bullet entirely, losing a single spikey spine from it's back. It does not appear to be bothered.

The crunchy squishing sound of the Mother Wasp dying echoes through the whole house. Steven starts barking furiously from behind Alyssa's bedroom door. The Father Wasp goes into a rage, his yellow carapace actually darkening to a deep red color.

The discarded meat suit wobbles slightly, the head turning to face JR. "You'll pay for that." it says, just as the huge insect dives forward with it's stinger again.

Daddy Wasp defends! ++-+ +4 = 6. Takes 3rd box.
Daddy Wasp gains aspect "You Killed My Wife"! Spends one of 3 FP on it.
Weapons: +--/ +4 = 3. So 5, weapon:2, poisoned.

pre:
Daddy Wasp
Catch: ???
Athletics 4, Weapons 4 (weapon: 3) Inhuman tough/str
Aspects: You Killed My Wife! ??? ???  FP:3->2
Physical: ()()(X)() + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: 
Jenny's up!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 1

JR attempts to dodge the stinger a second time, but the demon manages to pierce him in the side with its stinger. Roaring in a rage, JR fires point blank into the demon.

Athletics +-+- +5 = 5, failure to dodge. Guns /++- +5 = 6, tag the consequence to make it 8, with a weapon 3 that ignores armor.
pre:
Physical:	() () () ()

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny winces as the creature's stinger nicks JR's skin. Given the demon's coloration she hoped it wasn't poisonous, but if it was anything like the natural world it probably was. "Hey, moron! It wasn't the cowboy who killed your wife." Jenny raises the fireplace poker in her right hand, the tip still coated with green ichor from demon's corpse. "It was me. Bavegn!"

The poker flies straight and true, hurtling towards the demon as it twists itself to face the new presence. "And you're about to see that process in action."

Summoning MAXMIMUM POWER of 7 shifts. Discipline +-+/ +7 = 8 with W:7.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Mental:		(X) ( ) (X) (X)
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Used:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jenny's poker lodges in the joint between the upper body and the thorax. The wasp wobbles in the air and falls aside just as JR shoots it in the chest. The chitinous armor holds, however.

"You're right, Crusher Jenny." The meat suit's voice croaks. "I will drag your body down to the Pit. My mate will feast on your blood and regain her strength."

The giant wasp flies up and closes with Jenny, intent on poisoning her too.

Daddy Wasp dodges Jenny, Athletics: ++-/ +4 = 5. Takes nine, spending a FP on Vespar Demon Speed to reduce it to 7. 5th and a mild.
Dodges JR: ++/- +4 = 5, takes 6th.
Turns on Jenny! BZZ BZZ POISON: -/++ +4 = 5.

pre:
Daddy Wasp
Catch: ???
Athletics 4, Weapons 4 (weapon: 3) Inhuman tough/str
Aspects: You Killed My Wife!, Vespar Demon Speed, ???  FP:2->1
Physical: ()()(X)() + (X)(X) Armor:1
Mild -2: Poker in the Reared (used)
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: 

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3->2

Jenny steps back, ducking under the wasp's furious sting as it thunks into the wall above her. "Yeah, yeah, you're going to suck out my marrow and grind my bones. I've heard it before." Jenny pivots rapidly, barely dodging another blow from the creature as a mandible comes slicing through the air. "But Crusher Jenny? I haven't heard that one before."

Jenny digs her heel in, pushing her body forward into a roll and coming up in a crouch at the creature's feet. The blast of force lifts the creature up off his feet, throwing him into the ornate chandelier suspended above the living room. "But I think I like it. Tell your friends! But make sure to tell them fast, because I'm coming for you down there. The darkest pits of hell are not a safe refuge for you, demon."

Athletics /+++ +2 = 5, and I'm invoking on "You Killed My Wife!" to dodge and taunt at the same time. Discipline ++++- +7 = 9 with W:5, filling in my last mental box.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Mental:		(X) (X) (X) (X)
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Used:

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

"No, there's been no attack on Florida, and for the sake of getting this out of the way, the people who've been holding you are vampires, the things on the floor and in the cage are demons, and we're wizards." Elbridge snaps his fingers, and the light bulb overhead dims as the incandescence flies from inside it to float above the palm of his hand. "No, really." Another snap, and the light flies back into its bulb, now flickering noticeably from the hexing of even this trivial magic.

El clears his throat. "Under the circumstances, I'm afraid there's no time for pleasantries. There are other prisoners here, and we need to get all of you to safety. While we're doing that, we'll need to hear everything you've seen and heard since your abduction - everything. Your captors are planning to destroy this city, and the tiniest detail could be crucial to stopping them."

Investigate -/+- +4 = 3 to pick out the useful intel from chairguy's infodump.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 28, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The man shook his head back and forth, clearly unable to process much right now. But he did answer Elbridge, a little slow at first but soon the words were tumbling out like he just wanted them out of his head.

His name was Paul and he was a tourist from Miami. He'd been walking home from a bar at night when someone had thrown bag over his head. It smelled funny. He'd woken up in a cell with other people, and didn't know how long he'd been out. Some of them had been tortured. Some of them were vegetables. No one would talk to him.

A monster brought food and water, and sometimes it took people away. It never brought them back. One day it took him. Brought him to this room, where a scrawny blonde man in a suit had tied him to the chair. He said he was CIA, that Miami was nuked. WWIII was going on outside and it was all his fault somehow. Crazy things, lies that no one would ever believe. And eventually the monster took him back to the cell. He was tied up and questioned again a little while later, and Paul couldn't see any reason for the man to be lying, so he started to believe. But he still denied the accusation that he had anything to do with it.

After the fourth or fifth questioning, thinking of his family dead and the world in ruins broke him. He was convinced it had really happened and it must be his fault because the man said so. That time, when he broke down and believed, the man had said that Paul was free to go. He tried to leave, made it all the way up the stairs and out onto the street, but then the bag got him again, and he woke up tied to the chair again.

"Lies, all lies." Paul finished. "Everything he said was a lie, I know it." he slumped back against Cole, exhausted. Cole looked at Ada and Elbridge, and Hugues as he came back into the room.

"Remember the poem." The Warden said softly. "This is how she tricked the ritual. It makes sense now."

In which a clue from 7 months ago finally makes sense!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

This gate could not be allowed to stay open, but Hugues wasn't able to do that with his current power. At the very least he needed to put something up in case something decided to do come through at the worst possible time.

(Thaumaturging a quick 2-shift Wardflame, Disciplne rolls: +--++4 = 4 --+++4 = 4)

With the paper thin magical barrier established, Hugues made his way back to the rest of the group just in time to catch the prisoner telling his story. "Not to break the moment, but they got a gateway to Fire and Brimstone in another room on the floor. Nothing's going through, but it probably needs to go down."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 1

JR can feel the poison slowing him down, but he's not about to give up. As Jenny blasts the demon into the chandelier, JR puts another round into it as it falls towards the floor while it was still stunned. Of course, he still focuses on the most important thing. "How come I ain't got a fancy name, anyways?"

Endurance +-/+ +3 = 4. Guns -/// +5 = 4, tag the consequence to make it 6, burn my last FP on No sympathy for the devil to make it 8, with a weapon 3 that ignores armor.
pre:
Physical:	() () (x) ()

• Locked thread