Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ada duSang - FP: 3

Caught by surprise by Cole's outburst, Ada simply looked at him as he dashed out of the room, not quite believing that he had, in fact, come up with a plan...or reacted that way. "I think he's lost it." She said, raising a hand to the spot where he'd kissed her head. After a few moments she remembered that there was, in fact, a demon they still had to banish and set out after him, suddenly feeling much more worried and hopeful than before.

As she caught up to the Warden, Ada couldn't help but feel overcome by awe. You didn't see a full-blown battle between heaven and hell, a natural disaster and a demonic invasion all taking place at the same time. "Goddamn." She whispered, amazed. "That's one hell of a cluster-"

She didn't have time to complete the thought before the others caught up to them and Cole started speaking. As he outlined his plan, Ada couldn't help but feel his enthusiasm become contagious. By the end, her face had a smirk of its own, if one that was a little less overtly crazy than the Warden's. "Don't worry. She wants to bring down the thunder, fine, but it's going to be on our terms. We've got it covered."

---

Putting this here so Thesaurasaurus can see it later: Spending round 1 using a Fate Point to Invoke Like A Moth To Bloody Flame to draw the storm in, spending Round 2 to burn a light consequence of Ritual Cut to add three shifts (not the usual two, thanks to Blood Magic's Deep Hurting ability), and using Round 3 to place the aspect 'Polarity: Set' on the pole by magnetizing it with a Discipline roll of +5.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3

"Well it's about God damned time!" JR cheers as the angel goes to work. He pauses for a moment as Cole lays out the plan. "Alright, then! I'll draw them after me and bunch 'em up, and Jenny you can blow 'em back to Hell." Outnumbered but never outgunned, JR charged forward into the crowd of demons, revolvers blazing.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 2

Jenny takes in the scene in front of her, the armies of hell pouring from the portal while an angel and an archdemon battled furiously in the skies above. Her hands go automatically to her hair, pulling it back from her shoulders and gathering it together before tying it into a quick ponytail. A fierce grin splits her mouth as she bares her teeth at the demons before her, before turning towards the rest of the group.

"It's not what I ever imagined I'd see when I started learning magic. There's nowhere I'd rather be than here, right now, with all of you." She puts her hand on Cole's shoulder, half-turning her body to watch as JR takes off. "Let's do this."

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Elbridge Hardley - FP: 2

A thin smile plays across Elbridge's face as J.R. rushes headlong into the fray. "We few," he mutters softly, "we happy, we sorry excuses for saviours." There's no time for anything more. Puriel is showing signs of fatigue, and there's no telling when Mel may get in a lucky shot. All that's left is duty, bravery...and as much cheating the odds with magic as they can reasonably manage. The roof of the Superdome itself is already helping somewhat, the metal girders supporting it acting as a Faraday cage. The rest will have to be entirely himself and Ada.

Hanged Man, Knights of Swords and Cups, Death, Queen of Staves, Hermit...Elbridge feels in his pants pocket and withdraws a tiny, paper tarot deck. It's a cheap, printed version that compares poorly to his other set, and there's no time for a proper reading, but the act is still a comfort. He flips open the ancient, worn carton and draws a single pair of cards, so faded by age that the images on them are barely decipherable.

Major Arcana 15 and 20. Significator: The Devil. The future: Judgment.

Clear victory, but for whom?

Elbridge ponders a moment longer, then replaces the cards and the deck with another smile.

Well, only one way to find out.

Getting ready to thaum: Scholarship ++-/ +3 = 4 to add "Faraday's Revenge", Discipline /+/- +5 = 5 for "Eye of the Hurricane", Lore //-/ +5 = 4 for "Knowledge is Power", and Conviction /-+- +4 = 3 for "XX: Judgment". Combined with his Lore and Ada's maneuvers, that's 20 shifts for the spell. All we need now are the sylphs for the arcane link.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Outside, in the rain, there is a sudden chorus of voices. "Oi you! Whatcha want? An' how'd you get so tall?" "Hi! Hello! How are you?"

With this much ambient magic Arri and the Sylphs are just barely visible if you know what to look for. Gossamer threads hang in the air all around Hugues.

"So this is 'im eh?" A female voice joins the conversation. "Thank ye boyo, for knockin' sense back into 'im. Twere'nt no way we could we miss a stormdance like this!" "Like this! Like this!" an echoing male crowd answers.

"Shaddap a second and listen!" Nidawi grumbles, glowing bright red and circling Hugues protectively. "We got troubles! There's a big old demon in here feeding off your storm and we gotta stop her!"

"We know! We know!" All the sylphs answer at the same time, not even waiting for the alphas to talk.

"Ach! Quiet ya ninnies." Irra chides. "Little fae-thing, we would iff'n we could but the Hell-Witch has Nicole in chains and irons." "Irons and chains and locks..."

"Cor, ye already be doubtin' me friend an here you only jes' met him, woman." Arri tsks. "Wizards be fixin' things! That's what they do!" "They do! We saw it!" the girls add.

There is a sudden gust of wind so strong that it knocks Hugues sideways and he lands on his hands and knees. Nidawi squeals and dives into his shirt collar. "Hey!" When Hugues looks up there is a woman standing in front of him. She is not human, or even corporeal. Her dress is made of grey silk ribbons that flutter and float on air currents of their own. Her skin is a deep chocolate and her hair is pure white and so long that it touches the ground and pools around her bare feet. It hangs there, completely still, covering all of her face except for one bright golden eye.

"FREE ME." The spirit of Hurricane Nicole demands.

And then Hugues can see the chains. These are solid, made of some kind of coal black metal. They encompass the spirit utterly, caging her in layer upon layer. She cannot move, and looks to be in great pain. Over her heart is the nexus of the spell, a great lock with a skeleton keyhole.

-------

Elbridge and Ada's spellwork is quick dirty and driven by a combination of crazy and desperate... but it looks like it's going to work. The makeshift lightning rod gives off a deep thrummmmmmmmmm that has the hair of everyone within twenty yards standing up. But without the symbolic link to the storm it's just a big science experiment. Waiting for Hugues to bring the air spirits, El and Ada prepare to defend their creation as a pack of Imps and a half dozen Hounds make a beeline for their position...

------

JR charges into the fray, with Cole and Jenny right behind him. Their target is the tunnel straight across the field, and there's four Capras in the way, with two dogs each. And worse, two of the Arachneighs! But Puriel's swathe of death seems to have taken a big bite out of the enemy and several of them are limping or worse.

"Just cut through! Don't stand and fight!" Cole yells, holding up a shield of force to cover Jenny's casting while JR holds their left.

------

This is more of a "Mass combat" thing so JR and Jenny have 3 enemies to take out before you can move on. The Arachneighs count as one group, and are the most badly hurt. Moderate and severe consequences are already full, and taggable. The Capras count as another group, their severe is full. The dogs group dodged most of the Angel's fury and only their milds are full. Go!

El and Ada won't need to fight for another turn, they're waiting for now.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 21, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

JR goes straight for the Capras, aiming for their legs. Slow 'em down enough, and they'd have trouble dodging whatever nastiness Cole or Jenny would drop on them.

Firing at the Capra. Guns /+// +5 = 6, tag the consequence, for for +8, with a weapon: 3 that ignores armor 2 or less.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:1  (one use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Ignore armor 2 or less
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		() () () ()
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: (), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: Sizzled ()
Any Major (-6) Consequence: (), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence: ()

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Adult Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1

Hugues paused, looked at the chains. No problem, he'd just cut them down with his sword---oh. No, that wasn't going to work, not if he was going to save it for Mel. Fortunately he had a little time right now...and allies around him. "I'll get you free in a moment, Ma'am." Hugues bowed his head slightly as he spoke in his most gentlemanly way to the hurricane.
"Arri, Irra, I'm going to need your help. Those chains need to go, and we don't have the time for me to carefully figure this out on my own. I need you to lend me some of your power."

"Oh ho, the wizard wants a bargain." Irra says, a predatory tone in her voice. "An what favors be ye willing to trade fer it?" "Bargains! Favors!" Arri snorts derisively but does not speak.

"Ahem, I believe you asked me to help you free her. If anything, you owe me favors, and I'm calling on them right now." Hugues said, his childish smirk not really suited for his current adult body.

"She be the one askin' not we." Irra says. "If the Sylphs do nothing, the Hell-Witch will keep the stormdance alive as long as she walks this realm... If we help you the stormdance will ebb away 'ere the night ends. Willing, we are, because no wind spirit should suffer as she does... but not so willing as to offer freely. It lessens us, Wizard. A wind lasts only so long." "So long, so long, and then we're gone..."

"But if I free her, you'll be able to stormdance with her in freedom. To be able to dance where you like, and not where the Hell-Witch demands. This benefits both of us, Irra." She was going to be stubborn though, and by this point they were basically haggling. Initial bids set, time to reach for the middle. "However, your kind has greatly helped me in the past, I'm willing to offer up a...small favor."

As soon as he offers, a tiny cut opens just above his left eyebrow and a single drop of blood leaks out. It is immediately seized. "Your debt is accepted, Wizard. We name you Sylph-friend. What would you have us do?" (Grats you've been marked. It is a /small/ favor, but won't come due for a while. In the meantime other sylphs will bug you occasionally.)

"Hey! That's not a real bargain! You didn't even agree to terms!" Nidawi pipes up, furious. "You give that back!" Arri just laughs. "Cor, fae and their bargains. We don' need rules like that! All it means is a Sylph needin' help can call on yer mate here. We's friends! Not whatever you be, you great cow, always gettin' paid in food."

Hugues tried to hold back his laughter, even if Arri's comments could have insulted him too. "Nidawi, it's fine. I accept. Okay, first I need you to have your little friends circle around, to shield me from the wind so I can place the spell. Once it's there, put your power in the circle, and I'll direct it at the chains."

(Thaumaturgy time. Hugues gives 2 shifts of Complexity, each Arri and Irra give 4 each for a total of 10.
They also give 4 shifts of Power so Hugues only needs to cover two himself, and I can do that in one roll with his new Conviction.
Discipline: +-+- +4 = 4. It's a success.)

The wet ground wasn't suitable for holding a chalk circle, but with the lesser Sylphs shielding him from the wind and rain, it stayed in place. Focused wind entered his circle from his own power and the alpha Sylphs, and flowed around. Then he carefully broke the circle, and released the wind as a focused slice, severing the chains that bound the spirit of the hurricane.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

JR's round of fire cripples the incoming Capras, keeping them far enough out of range for the more magically inclined to throw their spells. Cole keeps a shield at the ready but refrains from using magic for now, knowing he'll need everything if he wants to close that portal. He trusts Jenny and JR to clear the way.

Capra's defend at: /+-- +3 = 2, so take 7th and mild.
Cole is full defensing, he needs to save mental stress for closing the portal.

pre:
Capra Group
Catch: Magical Fire
Athletics 3, Weapons 4 (weapon: 4) Hulking Size, Inhuman Str/Tough 
Physical: ()()()()()() + (X)() Armor:1
Mild -2: Bullets to the Knees
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: Half Blinded By the Light (used)
pre:
Arachneigh Group
Spiderpony
Catch: ???
Athletics 5, Fists 4(weapon: 3)
Venomous Bite (Adds POISONED)
Physical: ()()()() + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2: 
Moderate -4: Leaking Ichor
Severe -6: SMITED (smitten?)
pre:
Hounds Group
Athletics 4, Fists 4 (weapon:1)
Physical: ()()()
Mild -2: Grazed By an Angel
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:

INIT:
Arachneighs
Hounds
JR (brown dot)
Capras
Cole (blue dot)
Jenny (yellow dot) <-we are here.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Through all of Irra's bartering, the spirit of Hurricane Nicole said nothing. She appeared to be listening though, and her hair spilled back over her shoulder, revealing her throat. A black metal snake's head, the tip of the chain, had it's fangs buried there, and it drank of her essence like any vampire.

Hugues worked his magic, or perhaps it would be more fair to say he worked the Sylph's magic, into a proper counterspell and cut through the lock like a hot knife through butter. The snake hissed, and thrashed, and died.

---

High above the field, where Mel and Puriel fight, the Arch demon feels her control over the storm snap. The stillness and calm of the Eye passes overhead within seconds, no longer held in place by the Hell-Witch's magic. Nicole is moving again.

"NO!" Mel breaks away from Puriel, flying straight up and out into the open sky. "YOU BELONG TO ME!" The demon's hands went up, clawing at the air, as she tries to wrest control back... But Nicole makes her displeasure known as the catagory 5 winds buffet the demon back down into the dome and nearly hurl her to the ground. Puriel takes advantage of the tumble and suddenly Mel is fighting for her life, no longer able to infinitely heal every cut and scrape for free by leeching on Nicole's energy.

---

Nicole shudders in relief as the dead chain falls from her to clink upon the ground. "Thank you." The words are a whisper. The storm spirit plucks a single snow white hair from her head and presents it to the wizard. "Destroy her." she commands. And then she leaps into the air, grey ribbons trailing, and is lost to sight. The Sylphs follow, calling goodbyes.

As Hugues ducks back inside the Superdome, he hears a chime. Not clear and triumphant, like Puriel's cry of relief, but it's definitely something of the same vein. He can't help but feel like he's just crossed a threshold, and then been invited as soon as he was recognized.

He notices that there are a lot more demons around than there were a minute ago, but none of them seem to be able to leave the building. They are crowding around doors and windows, furious and roaring and kicking over unattended hot dog carts.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 22, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hugues took the hair gently in his hands, his eyes widening. The hair of a hurricane. This could be used for some mighty fine tools, and there was so much of it. His shield gauntlet was certainly needing an improvement. But nooo, they just had to use it to save New Orleans from being destroyed, since it was exactly the symbolic thing Elbridge was probably going to need to ground out the storm.

"Elbridge!" Hugues approached quietly, not trying to make too much noise with all the demons around. "Got something for you, shame to give it away," he said, handing over the long hair which he coiled around his arm. "Never had the hair of a hurricane before."

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

It's almost painful for Elbridge to tie the hair around the makeshift lightning rod. So many things that I could do with this later...so many spells it would make possible... It is, however, abundantly clear that there won't be a later without this ritual. Sighing wistfully, he closes his eyes and reaches within himself.

Below, he can feel the spirit of the living world, sleeping beneath the ground. Elbridge calls out to it with his will, bidding it drink the power of the storm. An offering of some of his own energy rouses it to wakefulness; the earth below the wizard's feet trembles in anticipation.

Calling 4 shifts of thaum this round, Disc = +-++ +5 = 7. Spell progress: 4/20 shifts.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny steps out from behind Cole's shield for a moment, studying the field in front of her, before dropping onto one knee. She thrusts her right arm towards the ground, reaching out with her senses towards the field's surface. It wasn't real grass, but some strange synthetic material a few inches deep over a layer of concrete. It'd be pretty awful on bare feet, but the concrete's proximity would be useful.

The first blast of force shatters the concrete's surface, forcing it to splinter into shallow slabs less than inch deep but a few feet long. The second lifts them, forcing the tips of the slabs off the concrete floor and aiming them like a row of spears at the demons ahead.

And the third...

"Bavegn!"

The slabs fly forward like a barrage of rockets, each rod tumbling and twisting through the air as it flies towards the demons ahead. The broken concrete shards blow through the creatures, sending the demons flying backwards as they hit and pinning them to the ground like grotesque butterfly specimens. Others are caught by shards which pinwheeled sideways, hammered down to the field by the blunt force or decapitated by the trauma.

Overcharging by 2 for a total of 6 shifts. Discipline ++-/ +7 = 8 for the attack. Spending 2 shifts to make it a zone attack, then retaining the last 4 for weapon value. 8 W:4 on the zone, tagging a consequence on each monster to make it 10 W:4 and two on the Arachneighs for 12 W:4.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hurricane Nicole was free of the demon but that didn't mean Mel couldn't call on her own power. Bolt after bolt of lightning, now an eerie bright green color, smash into the Angel, and it looks like they're doing a lot of damage. Puriel is forced to back away...

Below, Elbridge, Ada and Hugues work to get the lightning rod online while the demons close in around them.

---
pre:
Hounds Group
Physical: ()()()
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
pre:
Imps Group
Stats: Athletics 4+1, Fists 3 at weapon:1 
Stunt: Fire Resistant. +2 armor when defending against fire. 
Physical: ()(X)() 
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
INIT:
Imps
Hounds
Hugues <-we are here
Elbridge (went)
Ada

---

Jenny tears up the field and turns it into shrapnel, and the Arachneighs get the brunt of it. Skewered and pinned, they thrash around for a second before falling still. The capras all go down but one, and the last one is only crawling, impotent rage in it's big red eyes. The dogs get off easy in comparison but they're still limping and bruised. One snaps halfheartedly at JR.

Capra's: /-+- +3 = 2, Survive with all filled
Arachneighs: +-// +5 = 5, SPLATTED
Hounds /--+ +4 = 3, consequences full
Hounds are up, attack JR who is out front: /--- +4 = 1. JR can't get hit with that.
JR IS UP.

pre:
Capra Group
Physical: ()()()()()() + (X)(X) Armor:1
Mild -2: Bullets to the Knees (used)
Moderate -4: Smashed
Severe -6: Half Blinded By the Light (used)
pre:
Hounds Group
Physical: (X)()()
Mild -2: Grazed By an Angel (used)
Moderate -4: Bashed
Severe -6: Impaled

INIT:
Hounds
JR (brown dot) <-we are here
Capras
Cole (blue dot)
Jenny (yellow dot)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR's guns pour bullets into the hounds. His left puts shot after shot into each of the hounds, while his right puts a pair of holes into the Capra demon's forehead. "Keep moving!" JR yells.

Spray firing at the Capra and the hounds. Guns //++ +5 = 7 splits into +4 on the Capras which goes to +6 with the tag, and +3 on the hounds which goes to +7 after the two tags. Both take a weapon:3 that ignores up to 2 armor.
pre:
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, The Man Comes Around 
Physical:	() () () ()

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hugues draws his sword once his bit of the ritual is done. There was still plenty more to go. "You two keep it up, I'll hold them off." He tossed his sword into his left hand, and held his gauntlet up forward in a threatening manner. They were going to try to swarm in, but hopefully he could hold them off for a bit before the fighting began.

(Athletics Block against anything coming into the zone: /+-- +4 = 3... Well, this at least delays them a round so they can't take a Supplemental to step into the zone.)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +1.
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		( ) ( ) ( ) 
Social:		( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	()
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	(Overexerted My Soul)
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: None

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

JR, Jenny, and Cole dive for the away-team's tunnel just as a bright green thunderbolt hits the ground not twenty paces away. The portal itself is in the wall of the hallway, and as the three of them watch something ugly and spikey tries to crawl out of it. JR kicks it back in and opens fire at the portal while Jenny guards their rear and Cole goes to work with a piece of chalk.

The circle is up quickly, and the Warden pours power into it as fast as he can.

Of course nothing is quite that simple. From the field, there's a roar as something crashes into the tunnel after them. Another capra. And from the other side- leading to the exits that the demons haven't been able to breach, there is an answering roar. An arachneigh clambers over, but this one is even bigger than the others have been and a wicked scorpion tail curls up over it's back to clack against the ceiling.

"Hold them off! I just need a little time!" Cole yells.

The souped up arachneigh doesn't wait around and launches a stream of black liquid from it's stinger at JR.

Cole needs 3 rounds to seal the portal. Survive!
Arachneigh 2.0 attacks! Breath weapon: +/-- +4 = 3, w:2

Capra is red star, Arachneigh is green diamond. Scene aspect present: Flanked

INIT
Arachneigh 2.0
JR<-we are here
Capra
Jenny
pre:
Capra
Physical: ()()()()()() + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
pre:
Arachneigh 2.0
Venomous Bite (Adds POISONED) Breath weapon
Physical: ()()()() + ()() Armor:1
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 30, 2012

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR carefully aims at the spider-horse, waiting for the perfect shot. His aim is so focused that he doesn't even try to avoid the acidic liquid, trusting in the toughness of his duster to keep it from reaching him. Finally he fires, and the two front left legs of the spidery things legs are blown off, causing the creature to stumble to the side.

Athletics //-- +5 = 3, JR takes a 2 stress hit. Guns ++++ +5 = 9, with a weapon:3 that ignores up to 2 armor.
pre:
Physical:	() (x) () ()

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The acid splatters off JR's jacket for the most part, but it does sting a little. The Capra raises it's blades and charges Jenny, his huge stone sword slicing in a sideway cut that gouges into the wall on its way.

Scorpa (that's the drat name) takes mild and last box.
Capra swings for the fences (and Jenny): -+-+ +4 = 4, -1 for moving to Z2, so 3, w:4.

pre:
Capra
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
pre:
Scorpa
Physical: ()()()() + ()(X) Armor:1
Mild -2: Forelimb Amputation
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ada duSang - FP: 3 -> 2

"Hair of a hurricane...and I thought we'd seen everything already. Shows how much I know." Ada murmured, amused, as she began working on the ritual to call the storm. As she focused on the chaos above and discharged a portion of her energies to power the ritual, the same part of her that had found the Warden's treasure so remarkable couldn't help but reflect on the strangeness of the situation they were in. Her companion in the ritual had the experience, strength, and knowledge to swing a spell like this one. She had the middle one, but lacked the former and latter. Someone else should have been working on putting the ritual together, while she focused on thinning out the demonic herd that was fast approaching.

"The first few things I learned to do was take out the trash. Sitting here and hoping someone else can cover me...that's something I haven't seen before, either. How'd that quote go? 'There's more things in Heaven and Earth than you dream of in your fantasy, Ada.' Talk about ways to learn something and never forget it."

Ada channels four shifts, and a Discipline roll of +5 does the job quite nicely here.

---

Hugues does his level best but he can't be everywhere at once. A hound snaps at his ankle and he's forced to turn while the other dashes past. He deals it a backhand blow that focuses it's attention on him but the damage is done and the dogs and imps are all around him now.

Dogs roll Athletics +/-/ +4 = 4. Imps roll Athletics +/+/ +5 = 7. Both enter the zone, but that's all for their turns thanks to the block.

INIT:
Hounds
Imps
Hugues <-we are here!
Elbridge
Ada

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Welp. That didn't go nearly as planned. Okay, now to try and get them away.

"Alright you pathetic whelps, COME AND GET IT!" Hugues shouted as he tried to dart around them. He needed to draw attention away from his allies and onto himself instead. How much more did they have to go?

(Deceit Maneuver to place "Come and Get it!" on Hugues, --++ +3 = 3.)

pre:
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Used: None

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

The metal column begins to vibrate, primeval energies calling to the storm and binding its wrath to the earth. Already, Mel'Karshok's shots are streaking wide, skewed from their target. The spell is nearly half complete when Elbridge hears a familiar snarling drawing near.

loving.

Hellhounds.

He doesn't even look. He simply points backwards and crooks his hand.

"Sanhri!"*

The hounds' eyes go wide with panic as their ectoplasmic flesh begins to disintegrate, rent asunder by some dreadful, unseen force.

7 shifts of force, Disc -+++ +5 = 7 to control. Play dead, boys.

*Annihilate!

pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +1, Tacky Hawaiian Shirt (1/2 uses, 6-shift block for 2
exchanges), Discipline +5
Applicable Aspects: The Forbidden Sage, I don't care...
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		(X) ( ) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Ada duSang - FP: 2

While Hugues struggled to contain the hounds, Ada kept working on the ritual. As Elbridge stopped putting the pieces into place to obliterate some wayward demons, she pushed down the urge to join him. They couldn't afford to let the spell fade away: there wouldn't be time to remake it. "Don't worry about the chaff. We've got someone watching our backs." She said, as she carefully, gradually infused the pole with energy. "Almost done...just need a little bit more."

Channeling another 4 shifts. A roll of +4 covers them exactly. Progress: 12/20 shifts channeled.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The hounds yelp and scatter at Elbridge's spell but one is too slow and is completely enveloped and eaten away by the toxic magic.

Hugues paints himself as the target for the remainder while Nidawi dances with the imps, her bright red glow trailing through the air as she bobs and weaves and dodges. The Imps can't help themselves and give chase, and she dives back into Hugues' collar just in time to bring them all down on him.

Hounds defend! ++-/ +4 = 5, take 3rd and a severe.
Hounds attack Hugues with a terrible --/- +4 = 1, w:1
Imps attack Hugues with a slightly less terrible //-+ +3 = 3, w:1

pre:
Hounds Group
Physical: ()()(X)
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6: Packmate Disintegrated
pre:
Imps Group
Stats: Athletics 4+1, Fists 3 at weapon:1 
Stunt: Fire Resistant. +2 armor when defending against fire. 
Physical: ()(X)() 
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
INIT:
Hounds
Imps
Hugues <-we are here!
Elbridge
Ada

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

(Hugues evades the Hounds with a nice -++/ +4 = 5!
Hugues evades the Imps with an even more nice +/++ +4 = 7!!!
And the "Come and Get it!" Maneuver fades away because it wasn't used, but it served it's purpose greatly.)

This wasn't going so bad, evading them was easy although Elbridge was firing at the hounds. "I got them, you keep on the spell!" But, with the hounds disorganized, now was his chance to strike.

(Attacking the Hounds with Fire Gauntlet, Discipline /-/- +4 = 2... Dammit Krysmbot! No snack for you!
Trusting the RNG to not gently caress me over by tagging Packmate Disintegrated for a re-roll, -++- +4 = 4. Not so bad. Weapons:6 as usual.)

pre:
Used: Fire Gauntlet

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Satisfied that the demons are sufficiently terrified as to refrain from further interfering, Elbridge resumes weaving his magic. The pillar has begun to glow with St. Elmo's fire as he approaches the most difficult phase and the spell threatens to break apart under its own terrible energies. The wizard mops the sweat and humidity from his brow, then chants the final verse of the incantation.

His work is done. The spell construct is bound into place. All that remains is for Ada to trigger it.

4 more shifts, Discipline -//+ +5 = 5. Spell progress: 16/20 shifts.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ada duSang - FP: 2 -> 1

As the energies gathered for the ritual started to coalesce, Ada begun struggling to hold it together. There was so much power gathered together in one spot, one moment...she doubted all of the spells she'd ever woven combined would have added up to a fraction of it. There was only a little more work to be done, but as she tried to pull the spell together, Ada could feel it beginning to fray, coming undone when faced with the enormous power of the storm. The air became charged with static, and above, small arcs of lightning began to cover the surface of the stadium lights, and all of a sudden that same feeling of déja vú Ada had experienced when Hugues had the phage trapped came rushing back to her. The lights were about to drop, and then Elbridge would...he would...

"Not while I'm still around to change it. Never!" She muttered, furiously. With an effort that left her panting, exhausted, the spell finally came together, ready to ground the storm, just as the lights started to shake. "It's...it's done." She said, weakly. It'd been a close call, but they'd done it. They'd done it!

Final Discipline roll to complete the ritual, for four shifts, comes out as a /-/-, or +2. A Fate Point spent is enough to bring it all together with a result of +4, and the spell is finished!

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny tries to twist out as the Capra comes rushing in, giant stone sword hurtling towards her in a lazy horizontal arc. At the last second she manages to interpose her shield, a blazing line of incandescent barely deflecting the sword's path from its intersection with her head. Jenny crashes to the ground, eyes darting around wildly, before snorting and rolling to the side as the shield's dancing figures continue to move around the blade.

She comes up in a crouch by JR, putting his comforting bulk between her and the sword-wielding demon, before moving her hand in an exaggerated windmill motion at the Capra. A wild lance of force erupts from her bracelet, curving downwards to piledrive the demon to the stadium floor. With its forelimbs amputated it can't resist the sudden downward pressure, and its body slams hard against the faux grass and concrete.

Jenny winces despite herself, starting to sag to the floor before steadying. "I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up!"

Using my shield ring to dodge the Capra's attack, which costs me another point of mental stress since I used it earlier against the vampire. Overcharging by one to W:5 and rolling Discipline to attack the Scorpa, Discipline /+// +7 = 8. Tagging Forelimb Amputation to bring it to 10 W:5.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Mental:		(X) (X) (X) ()
Used: Shield Ring

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The remaining hounds, recovered somewhat from their losses, manage to dodge the firebolt without too much trouble.

But that's not important, really, because Hugues has held off the demons long enough for Ada and Elbridge to get that tower online...

--

The homemade lightning rod hums with the opposing forces of earth and air energy. Blue sparks crackle through the beams and the remaining glass bulbs from the light scaffold pop one by one as the electricity overloads them. The broken remainder of the light fixtures hanging from the shattered dome creak ominously and then fall...

Hugues, Elbridge, and Ada run one way, the hellhounds and imps run the other, and the huge twisted chunk of metal debris comes down between them with a crash. But the majority of the beams fell towards center field, and the demons are utterly crushed beneath it.

The lightning rod begins to glow with an unearthly light. It's time to run away!

--

Above the ruined field, Mel charges another bolt of green lightning through her whip and lashes out at Puriel, but the lightning forks downwards instead... Where it hits the rod and flashes deep into the ground. The field blackens around the base of the structure for fifty feet in all directions, instantly charred by the hell-thunder's power. The tower creaks, but holds firm.

The Angel laughs, a sound that echoes through the dome like chimes and bells, and dives at the archdemon. Mel lashes out with her whip and catches Puriel around the throat, but the Angel merely catches hold of the leather in one mailed fist and yanks her close enough to touch. The great sword comes down in a cleaving arc. Mel shields herself in a nimbus of red energy, but the Angel was not striking for her body. In an instant the succubus' wings are hacked clean off.

With a scream, Mel'karshok falls from the sky. But even as she falls the red shield breaks into a half dozen bright shards that lance upwards after the chasing Angel. Puriel breaks away, trailing blood.

The ground shakes as Mel craters on the fifty yard line. Hugues, El, and Ada watch from the home team tunnel. The smoke clears, and the Archdemon stands. Fury incarnate. She turns her attention to the lightning rod.

"A thousand years of planning, come to ruin. I WILL KILL YOU ALL. And this city will die with you!"

El, Ada, and Hugues are out of combat, but Mel is gonna go blow up their lightning rod if they can't defend it somehow.

--

Meanwhile...

In the away team tunnel Cole is working his magic for all he's worth. Unlike the portal beneath the warehouse this one hasn't had time to truly take root, it's too fresh and it should have been simple to dispel. But the Archdemon's spells are anything but simple. He has to dig, find the link between the hellplain and this world, and sever it. All while avoiding the traps inside the spellwork that would instantly kill him if he triggered any of them.

Jenny and JR are losing ground and things are looking dire. The Scorpa, weakened and immobile but not yet beaten, hurls a second stream of acid at JR.

Just when things can't get any worse a huge, muscled, scaly arm shoots out of the portal and grabs Cole. It should have gotten him by the throat (and that would have been game over) but he managed to throw himself back just far enough that it got him by the collar instead. He almost loses his spell construct completely. He shoves his sword straight through the offending arm and the something roars, but the sword is torn out of his hands.

"Could use a little help here!" he yells, feet not even touching the ground now.

Mystery demon's arm is the only thing out of the portal, and has the Tag "Warden Sword" available. A good attack will force it to retreat.
Scorpa spits more acid, +/-- +4 = 3, w:2 at JR.

pre:
Capra
Mild -2:
Moderate -4:
Severe -6:
pre:
Scorpa
Physical: ()()()() + (X)(X) Armor:1
Mild -2: Forelimb Amputation (used)
Moderate -4: Cracked Carapace
Severe -6:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

JR easily avoids the spray of acid, and turns to Cole when he yells. Immediately noticing the Warden's problem, JR rushes over and jams his guns into the arm, on either side of Cole's sword. "loving things can't just stay where they loving belong!" he shout as he fires both guns at once, completely severing the arm. It drops to the ground, covered in ectoplasmic goop as the arm falls to the ground. "Now would you get this God damned portal closed!?"

Athletics +/+/ +5 = 7, dodged. Guns ++/+ +5 = 8, use the tag for +10, with a weapon:3 that ignores up to 2 armor.
pre:

Piell fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 6, 2012

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ada duSang - FP: 1

"It's a little too late to start making threats now, isn't it?" Ada heard the words coming out of her mouth before she could stop herself, as if someone else were speaking for her. "They don't have teeth anymore. Your plans have been thwarted, your army is in ruins, and your attempt to corrupt the angel has gone down in flames. One way or another, your existence in this world is over, and you'll soon go back to the hellish pit you belong to." With her knife in one hand and the red stone in the other, Ada glared at Mel. "I think I've lost it. I shouldn't be running my mouth against a demoness with all of hell's fury behind her. We need to start running and find a way to stall her until dawn, somehow." Ada thought, inwardly, but when she spoke once more, her words were just as defiant as before.

"You have no one to turn to and no power to call upon but your own. The storm is your slave no more, and I don't. You are alone, Mel'karshok, and working together, we'll pull through."

...And suddenly, Ada had an idea, so crazy that she wasn't sure she wasn't just imagining a chance to escape the stadium alive and in one piece. Glancing at Elbridge and Hugues, she spoke quietly. "Go get the angel, and tell her we need more light. I'll take care of her."

Then, Ada focused her attention back at Mel and smiled. "You want my blood, bitch? Fine. Come and get it!"

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 6, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"I'm working on it!" Cole's voice is strained as he picks himself up out of the ectoplasm puddle and takes up the spell again. He'd describe it later (if he had a later) as solving a rubicks cube in the center of a hurricane on a battlefield- literally. But there's no time to talk more now.

The Capra swings its stone sword one more time with a bellow that echoes down the hall. This time the answering roars are closer. The strike team is about to be overrun...

"gently caress!" Cole yells as he hits one of the snags in the spellwork. A thin trickle of blood runs out of his nose and ears. She knows how I did it the last time... Can't do this delicately... He reaches for his sword. The blade suddenly drips with boiling water, and glows white hot. Cole jams it up to the hilt into the wall next to the portal. It goes in like the cement is made of butter.

"Jenny, I need you!" He grabs her wrist and puts her hands on the pommel. Puts his own scarred hands over hers. "On three, you force push. Give me everything you got left. We're cutting this thing in half."

Capra swings swords at JR since Jenny is hiding behind him: +-// +4 = 4, w:4
Gimme what you got Jenny, then we're booking it.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

The sounds on the field are deafening, the hurricane raging high ahead as the winds whip around the combatants on the football field. The portal rumbles and shakes with powerful vibrations, a rolling thunder that Jenny recognizes as the footsteps of an approaching army.

Of demons.

Because this day wasn't bad enough already.

Jenny grips the hilt tightly, legs bracing backwards as she leans against Cole's form. She has to shout over the noise, struggling to make herself heard. "This is going to hurt! Hold on!" She grits her teeth, feeling the power straining to break free as he knuckles go white. Just when she's on the verge of breaking down, unable to restrain the power -

"Bavegn!"

Cole's sword shatters, pieces of spell-forged metal flying through the wall at incredible speed. The concrete shatters, flying out as the blade shards cut through it like a shotgun blast through jello. The concrete visibly distorts, rippling from the impact, and the complex latticework of the portal becomes visible as a web-like series of red lines centered on the immense gateway. The lines connected to the stadium wall twist and snap as they're severed by the sword and the portal sags, drooping towards the field. The spell is incredibly resilient, hanging on to the remaining anchor points on the far wall, but the strain is too much for it and it snaps shut with a booming retort.

Jenny steps back, sagging a little with the strain, and feel's Cole's hands unclasp from hers. The muscles in Jenny's hands are seized and she has to fight to unclench her hand to reveal the hilt of Cole's sword, battered but intact.

Well. As intact as a sword hilt can be, when the only piece of metal left is a small jagged shard protruding barely half an inch from the hilt itself. More like a spellforged X-Acto knife. Jenny stares at it, then extends it towards Cole. "Uhm. Here. I think this is yours."

Going all out and summoning 7 shifts of power. Rolling Discipline -+/- +7 = 6, so taking one shift of fallout on the attack which seems to have slightly damaged Cole's sword.

Slightly.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Mental:		(X) (X) (X) (X)
Used: Shield Ring

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Again?" Cole shoves what's left of his sword back into the sheath, and has to freeze it there to keep it from just falling out. But the portal's gone and that's the important thing right?

JR pulls himself out from under the rubble, none the worse for wear (though his duster is looking pretty torn up). There's only one twitching claw of the Scorpa still visible. The Capra lies completely still, with about six inches of sword-shard sticking out of one eye.

The tunnel rumbles. "It's gonna collapse, let's go!"

---

Cole, JR, and Jenny stumble out of the away team tunnel just as the whole thing collapses behind them. Zophiel is waiting, no longer in the guise of a guard, but wearing the same gleaming crusader armor as Puriel. "Champions." He nods to them. "Fear not, no unclean thing shall escape these walls tonight. You have stopped the flow, and defanged the leader. Now there is but one thing left to do."

He draws a longsword that burns with orange fire. Magic hums in the wind, and the exhaustion fades away.

Mental stress only has been cleared (for everyone.)

---

Puriel leans against the goalpost, clutching at her vitals, pure white wings vanished. Blood runs from multiple wounds and one of her eyes is swollen shut. Her smile is fierce and hungry. "Champions. I can offer little aid now, but what I have is yours until the dawn."

---

Mel raises her hands high in the direction of the lightning rod, and a great fire begins to burn around the base. The metal scaffold starts glowing red hot.

"I did not say it would be tonight." the demon whispers, voice slick with malice and endless rage. "For tonight I overreached, and Heaven gives answer. And so I shall be struck down... for a time. But you, mortal? Know that all the minions of hell have the scent of your blood. Every creature of darkness in the pit will rise up for this city and your friends. Your days are numbered. And even in defeat I will take as many of you as I can with me. Only you won't be back. You'll just be dead. Will the Angels take you with them, you and your little sister? I wonder..."

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Were the situation less hectic, it might have occurred to Elbridge to say or ask any number of things. It's not every day that one holds a two-sided conversation with an angel, and even less frequent that said angel defers to one's tactical judgment. As the situation stands, this will have to be brief. While Mel's back is turned and her attentions focused on the lightning rod (and Ada), he answers Puriel.

"As a matter of fact..." he whispers, pointing to the spot where the scaffolding's base begins to glow cherry-red, then making a subtle, flicking motion towards Mel. "...if you could draw her attention away from us, and that pole for just a moment, we may be able to end this." Elbridge spares a worried glance at Ada. "If there's anything you could do to shield us while we cast the spell, that would also be greatly appreciated."

Investigate +--+ +4 = 4 to declare that Mel's weakening of the pole's base is "Digging Herself Deeper": success.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 11, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"Oh trust me! Dying's not that tough. It's the coming back part that's a bitch. I wonder if returning to Hell is the same?" Hugues said, stepping out of the tunnel past Ada. There was no way he was going to let her take on Mel alone. "Mel, good to see you again. Looks like you're doing well. Good to see you in something other than my mother's apron, but I'm a little concerned. Looks like you put on a few pounds."

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 11, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Puriel sighs heavily and pushes herself off the goalpost. Elbridge can see the red malice shards buried in her chest and abdomen. She grabs one and pulls it out with a soft sound of pain. When El moves to help, she waves him back. "No, mortal. Do not let them touch you. A distraction... Yes. I can provide that. But there is nothing I can do to protect you. That is not my purpose."

She tugs another jagged shard out. She does not look like she can stand for much longer, let alone fight. Her expression softens. "I did not believe Zophiel, when he said to trust in men. Now I see he was right. Be swift, champion. My time is short."

Elbridge gains "Puriel's Distraction" which he can trigger whenever it's most appropriate.

---

"And you've put on a few inches, worm." Mel bares pointed teeth at Hugues. "Nesting false bodies doesn't change what you are, and what you are is already dead. Ask your angel allies what they think of you, if you dare."

Red energy crackles into an orb around the archdemon, the same corrupted shield that pierced Puriel's defenses. The lightning rod groans ominously as the base melts into slag...

Mel cracks her bullwhip. "You want to send me back to hell, mortals? Come then! Earn the right!"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ada duSang - FP: 1

"You don't understand it, demoness! You never have!" Ada replied, her eyes blazing as she prepared herself for action. "You see that lightning rod? It grounded the storm of the century, trapped in demonic shackles, and managed to remain standing. Your fire weakened it, but it's not finished yet, not by a long shot!" Calling up the stormy air within the stadium and pushing it through the length of chain wrapped along her arm, Ada called forth a howling wind, which extinguished the fire in an instant. "It can take a hundred storms like that, if it's not brought down by other means, and we can take a hundred like you down, one by one. New Orleans has weathered much bigger catastrophes than your kind, and will continue to do so as long as we're here to protect it. This is our city, Mel, and you don't belong in it. And it's high time we kicked you out!"

Calling up a maneuver to erase Mel's fire. It was cast at Fantastic, so six shifts are needed, thankfully, with her foci, Ada can exactly make that, and a roll of -+/+ combined with her Discipline of +5 lets her achieve the +6 she needs to shut it down. All that's left now is the rumble.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 3->2

"Y'all talk to much! Do what we came to do!" JR shouts as he fires at Mel's back. Between the wind and the red energy swirling around Mel, it isn't his best shot, but JR on a bad day is still great.

First roll is a ----, FP on The Devil's Right Hand to reroll it. Guns /-+- +5 = 4, with a weapon:3 that ignores up to 2 armor.
pre:

Piell fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 14, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

JR's bullet embeds itself in the red dome with a crack. A spiderweb of fracture lines forms around the impact, but the shield holds.

Mel whirls around to face him. "Oh I haven't forgotten about you." she snarls at JR, her eyes flicking from him to Cole, Jenny, and finally Zophiel. "The spymaster in full regalia, now this is a rare treat. Your sister lies broken already, would you try your hand as well?"

"My sister fought alone."

Mel laughs. "You keep strange company for your kind, Angel." She looks back over her shoulder at Hugues. "Soiled souls all, I thought your allies were a holier lot."

"I called them not, Demon. They came of their own will, to defend their city from you. Who am I to judge them?" He looks towards the endzone, where the Saints logo is painted on the grass, and smirks. "You might say they're the home team."

"Your 'Saints' are about to die screaming." Mel cracks her whip. A spark dances on the end but doesn't form into anything. In fact, she seems to be making no offensive moves at all, and is perfectly happy to keep talking. "Just like your sister."

Zophiel looks down at the mortals beside him, as if he is memorizing each face in turn. "This battle will be remembered, Champions. Fight well."

The tower groans again. It's tilting slightly to one side. The fire might be out but the strength of the spell is about all that's keeping it from collapsing.

Rather than giving Zophiel a turn of his own, he is simply an aspect on the fight scene. "Guardian Angel." He can be used as a free tag one time, and a paid invoke after that. Either offense or defense, flavored as him assisting you.

Malice Shield defends: -++/ +3 = 4, takes 3. Malice shield absorbs with 3rd box. You didn't think this would be a simple slug fest did you?
:smug:

pre:
Malice Shield
Powers: Symbiosis- uses master's ability scores. Shards of Malice- Triggered upon defeat.
Physical: ()()(X)()
Mild:
Moderate:
INIT:
Mel (casted Malice Shield to start fight.)
JR
Hugues <-we are here.
Elbridge
Cole
Ada
Jenny

mistaya fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hugues didn't advance right away, but he drew his sword and focused on Mel. That shield of hers was powerful indeed, but seemed to have limited stamina in it's own. Enough pressure would cause it to break. But she wasn't concerned with that. She wasn't channeling more energy into the barrier to repair it. It was almost like she wanted it to break, to waste energy fighting against it. And when it broke, what would happen then?

That's it. He saw it happen against Puriel. When the barrier shattered, it took all the stored damage it had taken and retaliated all at once. The more damage they inflicted on it, the more it would deal back. But that was only if he brute forced his way through the barrier. If he counterspelled it, it wouldn't get a chance to retaliate. He came prepared.

(Lore Maneuver/Assessment/Whatever +//- +5 = 5. Difficulty was 5 so it's a success.
Discovered what "Shards of Malice" does, and created the Aspect "Weakness: Dispel!")

"Everyone! Leave the barrier to me!" Hugues said, raising his sword skyward as it began to glow blue with power. "I've got this one."

(No, seriously. DO NOT loving ATTACK THIS THING. It's super-nasty. The more shifts of damage we inflict, the more it'll deal back. Just Maneuver up instead.)

pre:
Used: Fire Gauntlet

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 16, 2012

• Locked thread