Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mao the dong
Dec 25, 2011

by Fistgrrl

k;lk;l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up and JAM!
Sep 3, 2011

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Helldump is back?!?!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

I've heard the Chinese get very strong. Confirm/deny?

Extensive Vamping
Dec 21, 2002

JUST ABOUT EVERY SONG EVER

"My lasers are going to turn your armor into vapor!"

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Posting in this thread so I can be jellin' with a felon.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004
I hate tarsiformes

Which posts in this thread are load bearing?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

William "J." Fillmaff in training

I don't know, but 11 different posters have failed it

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

Next time post it in GIP so, y'know, the guy you're insulting actually sees it. You loving moron.

rum sodomy the lash
Nov 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuymDxAw5A

Dusz
Mar 5, 2005

SORE IN THE ASS that it even exists!

Yes, more exciting information about some guy's house. I can't wait to Debate&Discuss this.

Thank you for reminding us why LF was closed.

Dusz
Mar 5, 2005

He posted this same lovely thread in like 10 forums, this guy truly is a dedicated shitposter.

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Bryter posted:

Next time post it in GIP so, y'know, the guy you're insulting actually sees it. You loving moron.

He's getting the most out of his banme.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Adar posted:

I don't know, but 11 different posters have failed it

I'm going to post again so I can fail it twice, it's apparently all the rage

Dusz
Mar 5, 2005

Gulags lol, gonna need to get a poo poo kickin name for my poo poo posting account. I know.. how about mao... the dong

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

ellic posted:

He's getting the most out of his banme.

I stand corrected.

OP, you are a working class hero. Your martyrdom in the fight against the bourgeoisie and their poorly constructed houses will not soon be forgotten.

chaos rhames
Feb 25, 2011

I don't care how much money or how many white boys 50 cent can shoot. In front of James Hetfield he is a little bitch

When I want to show people how someone is a warmongering right-winger, I talk about how their house is bad.

rum sodomy the lash
Nov 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Psalmanazar posted:

When I want to show people how someone is a warmongering right-winger, I talk about how their house is bad.

ok how about this

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

rum sodomy the lash posted:

One out of eighteen isn't bad.

edit: Oh, wait, maybe about three. Basically Nostradamus then.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING?

I think I'm missing out on some past drama about this person, but I can't get over "slipped 2000mg of Aminorex into Old Wifey's breakfast-for-dinner".

Dusz
Mar 5, 2005

Noreaus posted:

I think I'm missing out on some past drama about this person, but I can't get over "slipped 2000mg of Aminorex into Old Wifey's breakfast-for-dinner".

The guy he is whining about was the nail in LF's coffin, basically.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

I'm pretty sure this dude is the mod of GIP. That means he's in the military. Why doesn't he just buy a new house? Pretty sure veterans loans are a good deal.

chaos rhames
Feb 25, 2011

I don't care how much money or how many white boys 50 cent can shoot. In front of James Hetfield he is a little bitch

rum sodomy the lash posted:

ok how about this

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

I can't really get behind this argument because of the disconnect between what caused the war and the justifications given, such as all of those weapons of mass destruction and the absence of a strong connection between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, and the usual imperialistic stuff like installing a pro-american government that loves trading oil, and all of the war crimes such as Abu Graib, Guantanamo Bay, the failure to try reducing civilian casualties, and also the political swing towards right-wing authoritarianism and anti-islamic discrimination is quite disgusting.

To be fair though, you clearly aren't an idiot, seeing as you've thought about what's going on and haven't just towed a party line. The mistake you make is thinking that the views of a soldier are the same as those of the military elite or government, who couldn't give a poo poo about helping the Kurds or making the world a better place for anyone but them.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

You know, that reminds me of a joke...

Edit: - never mind.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008

So did this guy ever get reported for faking his wiring stuff? Or was it all an elaborate fakeposting campaign.

EDIT:\/ Oh, ok. My suspicions should've been aroused at

quote:

Meanwhile, the Ol Wifenheimer, fuzzed out of her mind on black bombers and kratom, skittered by like a trembling woodcutter ant with several dozen sheets of plywood hoisted above her quietly jabbering head.

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

the wife drugging quotes were stuff that an lf poster made up and a bunch of people fell for because well it fits in with the rest of the narrative pretty well

e: both quotes in bold aren't actual Grover quotes

Mustard Plant
Jun 16, 2003

NOBODY DOES GAY LIKE THE COMMONWEALTH OF PA

Psalmanazar posted:

I can't really get behind this argument because of the disconnect between what caused the war and the justifications given, such as all of those weapons of mass destruction and the absence of a strong connection between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, and the usual imperialistic stuff like installing a pro-american government that loves trading oil, and all of the war crimes such as Abu Graib, Guantanamo Bay, the failure to try reducing civilian casualties, and also the political swing towards right-wing authoritarianism and anti-islamic discrimination is quite disgusting.

To be fair though, you clearly aren't an idiot, seeing as you've thought about what's going on and haven't just towed a party line. The mistake you make is thinking that the views of a soldier are the same as those of the military elite or government, who couldn't give a poo poo about helping the Kurds or making the world a better place for anyone but them.

You are aware grover posted this and has never served right? As in this is the bottom of one of those posts

quote:

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

You know, that reminds me of a joke...

ts12 posted:

the wife drugging quotes were stuff that an lf poster made up and a bunch of people fell for because well it fits in with the rest of the narrative pretty well

That's a relief!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

ts12 posted:

Whats that LF people were easily led into believing stupid bullshit? Hard to believe that, seeing as they were marxists and all.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

I just wanted to post in a thread talking about combat lasers, F22s and possibly China.

Is that too much to ask?

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cliff Racer posted:

Whats that LF people were easily led into believing stupid bullshit? Hard to believe that, seeing as they were marxists and all.

no trolling cliffracer!!

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Support the International Campaign to Ban Spider Mines

rudatron posted:

I just wanted to post in a thread talking about combat lasers, F22s and possibly China.

Is that too much to ask?

As a follow-up question: Could five fit adult men kill a bear unarmed?

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Duker900 posted:

You are aware grover posted this and has never served right? As in this is the bottom of one of those posts

I don't think killing civilians is ever ok. Well that's my opinion, thanks for reading

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

eSports Chaebol posted:

As a follow-up question: Could five fit adult men kill a bear unarmed?

how many five year olds could YOU fight gbs?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Support the International Campaign to Ban Spider Mines

ts12 posted:

how many five year olds could YOU fight gbs?

It was a D&D thread and it's loving impossible to find without archives search!

(also AIDStown)

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I thought five year old battle royale was gbs and aidstown was d&d. I think I read the prior before I registered and it was in gbs but idk maybe not

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

ts12 posted:

no trolling cliffracer!!

Sorry that your forum full of stupid people was deleted for being a forum full of stupid people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

but.... D&D is still here???