Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
So this is a troll, right? It's a little too meta and self aware for someone to have actually written it as anything other than satire.

Right? :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

powerofrecall posted:

I was wanting to use this as an avatar, but I don't really have a good enough reason to spend the money right now. Maybe someone can get some use out of it?

Shotgun. Been wanting to get an avatar for a while

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Good lord, how many avatars has this comic spawned?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Cows Go Moose posted:

You know, when I saw this, I couldn't help but think that it would look great as one of those art shifts you see in Spongebob.

Cool yeah no that was absolutely terrifying to unexpectedly see.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

This scares me more than the picture does :stonk:

Oh what the hell. I've got a minute to spare

He looks... too normal :stare: Like, the way a serious cartoonist might depict him. If he wanted a grumpy Shadow.

He looks a little baby shadow, all compressed and pudgy.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

HarkToTheLoons posted:

I tried to bring it back with photoshop.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

killstealing posted:

Gang tags please, thanks in advance.

This. Everything about this thread has been amazing.

EDIT: That is to say, I want one.

sweetroy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 20, 2012

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Sir Prancelot posted:

Sweet Jesus yes.

I think we are underestimating this young artist's ability to capture the expressions of the distraught and traumatized.

Those are eyes that have seen too much.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

REY DE LA PLAYA posted:

If he finds this thread he is completely going to loose it.

So who wants to be the one to send him a link?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Monicro posted:

this is the greatest exchange in this history of literature

I love how the father goes from being shadowy fat while sitting down to being relatively shadowy skinny standing up. The power of derision, I guess!

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Schwarzwald posted:

I haven't heard.

:rimshot:

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is it bad I'm actually excited to see more of this trainwreck?

I know it's been said in the earlier pages but part of me is seriously concerned this dude is going to go out and actually kill someone.

Gonna feel bad if he actually goes out and murders some random dude who he thinks is a troll. I mean, I'll laugh like a maniac but after that I would feel pretty bad.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

ZanderZ posted:

My top three.

The best part of this is how he's staring off into the distance like he's remembering something.
"Jumping on a goomba, hey did I leave the stove on? poo poo, I totally left the stove on."

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Green Puddin posted:

Hate to tell you that's not a goomba.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I am loving this guy's stuff so, so much. Threads like this are why I joined these forums. :allears:

Since we're picking our favorite parts, I might as well throw this bit out there:

Why does he have a sock growing out of his glasses?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

powerofrecall posted:

Somewhere a congressman saw this, soberly shook his head in agreement, and opened a drawer in his desk. From it he removed a kickback check from the RIAA. "gently caress you, SOPA," he stammered. He found his resolve and stated, more surely than before, "gently caress you. gently caress you SOPA." He then tore the check into bits.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Incoherent Moron posted:

Upon further deliberation, I concur.

Pretty much the perfect avatar/username combo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Everdraed posted:

I'll finish this later, but in the meantime here's a rough of halfway through page one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mi7uh-dS8&hd=1
Still need to animate the next six panels and spice the whole thing up, but I'm happy with it so far. Not sure how many pages I'll do, as it's pretty time consuming stuff.

please please please make the whole thing, or at least some of the fights. Also the voice for the trolls was perfect.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Hellsau posted:

We've only read his Magnum Opus, there's still plenty of material left. How about : gently caress you sopa

which is the spiritual successor of: facebook kills myspace

Really if it begins with an F and can kill something, our boy Lazerbot will be there to put a knife in it.

I like that it's the exact same image for the F in both. Someone's been taking a page out of Buckley's book

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I'm apparently a little late on this but oh gosh oh gosh he totally reads the thread. Although he did post the screenshots in the least ergonomic way I've ever seen.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Strongylocentrotus posted:

His show "micah rat" looks to be just as promising as his comic. Here's a synopsis in the creator's own words:

A gay frog, you say? :frog:

I can't watch all of these. I want to, but I just.... I can't.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Patriot posted:

Okay so I actually got around to some voice attempt for vector, anyone who wants to use it for whatever, its yours. I hope you like it. :ohdear:

That sounded fantastic

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Zoinker posted:

Here ya go

Every panel is amazing. How does he do it.

Also what the hell happened to that dude's blood pressure? Just chatting normally and then BAM. Firehose of blood.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Everdraed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrprj9D1QI&hd=1
Finished the first page, hurray!

Well done! Some great voices here, especially for Shadow. As I said before these are a lot of work so no idea when I'll start the next page, but I'll probably look through the different voices that are posted and pick whichever single recording for each line is funniest, since consistency just fetters silliness.

That was INCREDIBLE

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Fnoigy posted:

The problem with him being aware of us is that it's going to shatter the mystery of his future works. He now knows people love his stuff BECAUSE it can be so bad, which means he's probably going to start making it bad intentionally.

Yeah, ideally he puts us out of his mind and continues (starts?) trying to improve his art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Waffleman_ posted:

Tails Gets Trolled is actually a complex ARG. The smaller letters spell out the URL of a secret website that you need to access to continue the story.

There are way too many smaller words in this comic for this to happen. Maybe if it was like, a secret second novel?