Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
xSousuke
Feb 19, 2012

I wonder what ever happened to the guys who used to play this haha. Hell I wonder how badly its fallen since Masang drove it straight into the ground with more "YOU NID MORE CASHSHOP GAMBLES" crap xD. I remember having so much quality fun playing that unique rear end mmo. Trolling in that game was equally entertaining to lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cool thread.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart.

xSousuke posted:

I wonder what ever happened to the guys who used to play this haha. Hell I wonder how badly its fallen since Masang drove it straight into the ground with more "YOU NID MORE CASHSHOP GAMBLES" crap xD. I remember having so much quality fun playing that unique rear end mmo. Trolling in that game was equally entertaining to lol.

gently caress you

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

So for which game did you pay 10 dollars to get into our Something Awful Dot Com community of internet video game guilds?

Regarding the games in question: they are "free to play" Korean PvP MMOs in the same vein as Star Fox 64's multiplayer component, which in theory sounds like a really neat idea! In practice, though, it's more or less ruined by a vicious pay-to-win cash shop. The actual combat is really quite exciting but if you aren't willing to fork over hundreds of dollars to enchant your equipment, you'll find yourself completely unable to hit (due to dice-roll style misses) certain players who are, or unable to do more than 1 damage to others that tweak their equipment to give them perfect defenses.

There are still a few goons playing AirRivals (the European version of said games), but I honestly can't recommend the game to anyone at this point as the amount of money required to actually be able to effectively compete in PvP could buy you multiple year-long subscription fees for several much better games.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005
L-Shaped

These games are fun for a week. G-POTATO FILL UP!!!

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Hi I like anime too ^___%

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Glad I quit playing this years ago, because the one time I did do PVP my rear end was handed to me.

xSousuke
Feb 19, 2012

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

So for which game did you pay 10 dollars to get into our Something Awful Dot Com community of internet video game guilds?

Regarding the games in question: they are "free to play" Korean PvP MMOs in the same vein as Star Fox 64's multiplayer component, which in theory sounds like a really neat idea! In practice, though, it's more or less ruined by a vicious pay-to-win cash shop. The actual combat is really quite exciting but if you aren't willing to fork over hundreds of dollars to enchant your equipment, you'll find yourself completely unable to hit (due to dice-roll style misses) certain players who are, or unable to do more than 1 damage to others that tweak their equipment to give them perfect defenses.

There are still a few goons playing AirRivals (the European version of said games), but I honestly can't recommend the game to anyone at this point as the amount of money required to actually be able to effectively compete in PvP could buy you multiple year-long subscription fees for several much better games.

Understatement. At last recollection their are people whove spent hundreds, some even in the thousands on making just ONE weapon. It got pretty ridiculous with all the cash monopolizing. I've played basically every itteration and I wanted to reminisce from the glory days some 5-6 years ago back when SCO was still open. Probably the first mmo I really got active in, hell back then goons were my enemies, but after the years its nice to remember some of the fun times, especially now that the game pratically in the coffin.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

xSousuke posted:

hell back then goons were my enemies,

Goons are still your enemy, ex dee ex dee ex dee ex dee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Don't you fuckin' criticize me for hacking Maple Story!

If you need an 88 mgear with a jealousy defender I can let it go for like 15 spacebucks