Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Currently in an ugly legal battle with Tim's dad over the rights to mix Marble Hornets and Beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

fullroundaction posted:

Currently in an ugly legal battle with Tim's dad over the rights to mix Marble Hornets and Beer.

You haven't made any videos in too long, you've lost your rights.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!

JordanKai posted:

I don't really want to make my first post in this new thread a huge :goonsay:, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to spell that like 'responses', not 'responces'.

Sorry. :(

It's no problem at all! I was in a hurry trying to get done before work! I plan on doing a better synopsis and such too.

Also: ordered my Season 2 DVD today! I'm very excited. I can only hope the commentary on it is as awesome/funny as Season 1's.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
New thread already has a new title :smith: Why can't we have nice things?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

Seriously. At the very least they could have been clever about it. That title is lazy.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Drunk Tomato posted:

I didn't even get to see what the old one was :(

Looking forward to all the new stuff!

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

What was the old title?

Tony Inchpractice
Aug 30, 2011
Marble Hornets 3 - Hello, Operator?

I prefer it too.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Oh wouldn't you know it that goon-made goon-endorsed youtube serial that's been massively successful is still happening :rolleyes:

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Whaaat? I was really proud of "Hello? Operator?" because I'm not actually funny in real life.

I honestly don't understand all the hate that Slenderman stuff gets. Yes, it has become a thing people talk about - but its generally confined to its own threads or threads talking about paranormal stuff or 'PYF thing that scares you'. Heaven forbid someone mentions Marble Hornets somewhere between the twentieth and thirtieth reference to number stations.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

I thought we all agreed that it looked like Alex was sacrificing people to the Operator.
Yeah, this does fit well with the end of series 2. I still like the thought that the Operator is controlling (or operating, heh) them though. I feel it works well with the periods of time where characters blank out and are recorded doing various things they have no memory of - Jay getting up in his sleep and vanishing out of his bedroom door for a few hours, for instance.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Aw man, that is pretty lame :(. It was a funny title.

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!
I just built up this theory in my head that the thread title got changed by a mod that is kind of the outcast of the rest of the mods so the second he saw a new Marble Hornets thread pop up, he squealed with delight as he renamed the thread then PMed ALL the other mods and was like "Look! Look! Funny amirite?!" and they all just turned away and got back to doing whatever it was they were doing. Now I'm sad for that mod...

Also I think I've been watching too many of the comedy videos on Troy's channel because the squeal I imagine is the exact same one as the one from Tim Opens a Present.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Seeing as we're going to be waiting for Season three for a while, let's go :spergin: about entries of the past instead!

This is a screencap from Slenderman's appearance in the entry #26 (The one that featured Amy, for those who don't remember) To this day, I still feel that this was potentially the best jump scare in the series. it really got me at the time and the fact that Amy continued to be jumpy and run around after she saw Slenderman, making the camera wave around a lot to disorient the viewer as much as possible kept the adrenaline pumping and the moment going.

But then I went to look at the episode a second time and everything just seemed completely wrong. I can't tell exactly what it is, but something about this Slenderman puppet just irks me. It seems to be a lot taller than the puppet used in earlier entries, but also has a much broader build and wider pants. The head is bent forward slightly and looks kinda dopy and the arms just make him look like he's striking a silly pose!

I can't help but theorize that because the MH crew started using a better camera for later entries, they had to make a different puppet because the one they had been using since Entry #1 would just look really fake when filmed with a clearer camera. But this puppet just looks weird and far too much like an actual puppet instead of some strange creature.

But hey, at least it's not the Slenderman Puppet used in episode 5 of EverymanHYBRID! v:v:v

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Troy posted that the Season 2 DVD's have begun to ship! Time to do the mailbox version of :f5:

@WhatATroy posted:

The first batch of Season 2 DVDs were shipped out yesterday. Let me know what you think when you get them, first batch folks!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I thought the jump scare in 46 was the best one. 18 was pretty good as well.

EskimoFreeState
Jul 23, 2007

I AM COMING FOR YOU,

AND YOU WILL LEAD ME TO THE DANCE FLOOR.

Docjowles posted:

Troy posted that the Season 2 DVD's have begun to ship! Time to do the mailbox version of :f5:

Where geographically are they shipping from? Tennessee can't be too far...

I assume DVD/T-shirt orders are on the same schedule?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Docjowles posted:

So bummed this is coming while I'm in Texas, but at least it'll be waiting for me when I get back.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Dammit, really? I just had to be a lazy goober and wait until this morning before I went to work to order my DVD's.

What if I don't get the edition with the egregious spelling errors? :(

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I Just realized, Enttry #37 has the Happy Birthday Song in it. Since Season 2 is being sold for money, can't they be sued?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I Just realized, Enttry #37 has the Happy Birthday Song in it. Since Season 2 is being sold for money, can't they be sued?

Only if Tommy Wiseau was involved in the production.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Supposedly, Warner Music Group's copyright on Happy Birthday to You is bogus and filled to the brim with holes. Read a little more on that in this article if you have the time:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2011/07/you_say_its_your_birthday.html

You could probably re-tune the notes hit on "hap" and "py" to be the exact same note and get away with calling it a parody of Good Morning instead! :cop:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I've been rewatching Marble Hornets and now I'm even more confused. Jump cuts happen around the supernatural stuff right? I've seen Slendy and Masky/Tim both set them up. But in Season 2 it seems that Masky/Tim is working against Alex who himself is not working at at least under control of Slendy.

The jump cuts with Masky in Season 1 make it seem like he's gonna be the main villian. If he's been working against Slendy why does he lure J back to Brians house and Slendy?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

So I've been rewatching Marble Hornets and now I'm even more confused. Jump cuts happen around the supernatural stuff right? I've seen Slendy and Masky/Tim both set them up. But in Season 2 it seems that Masky/Tim is working against Alex who himself is not working at at least under control of Slendy.

The jump cuts with Masky in Season 1 make it seem like he's gonna be the main villian. If he's been working against Slendy why does he lure J back to Brians house and Slendy?

Masky never lured Jay back to Brian's house, he went exploring on his own. As far as we know, Masky is working against the Operator and trying to protect Jay.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Someone gave Jay an anonymous tip about Brian's old house, though. It's hard to imagine it was anyone but Tim, no one else even knew Jay was looking for Alex. But that doesn't totally explain why he then tried to beat the poo poo out of/scare away Jay once he did show up.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Docjowles posted:

Someone gave Jay an anonymous tip about Brian's old house, though. It's hard to imagine it was anyone but Tim, no one else even knew Jay was looking for Alex. But that doesn't totally explain why he then tried to beat the poo poo out of/scare away Jay once he did show up.

Could have been Alex trying to lure Jay there to stop him from looking into it, and Tim could have been watching out for him to protect him.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

Masky never lured Jay back to Brian's house, he went exploring on his own. As far as we know, Masky is working against the Operator and trying to protect Jay.
Well my main worry is the Return Video, shows Jay slumped in a corner of a house with Slendy turning the corner. Posted by ToTheArk who I think J also assumes to be masky. So that video tells me that ToTheArk/masky was filming for Operator.

Masky does seem to have taken a more benign personality in Season 2 but he clearly has a malicious presence in Season 1

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Just got my season 2 dvd in the mail today! WOOO! Sitting down to watch the blooper reel with lunch.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Agh!!!

I can't believe I forgot to order it during he first run. I tried a couple of times and I couldn't put it in the cart then I just forgot about it. Ordered it early this week but still.

Agh!!!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Could have been Alex trying to lure Jay there to stop him from looking into it, and Tim could have been watching out for him to protect him.

That's possible too, although it seems like by that point Alex is long gone and living with Amy in another city. But that's the fun of MH...we STILL really don't know poo poo despite having watched it for almost 3 years now :corsair:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Docjowles posted:

But that's the fun of MH...we STILL really don't know poo poo despite having watched it for almost 3 years now :corsair:

Yeah that blew my mind on my re-watch. When he gets the text 41810 and decodes it as a date "April 18th 2010." It hit home just how long I've been following this.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Volume posted:

Yeah that blew my mind on my re-watch. When he gets the text 41810 and decodes it as a date "April 18th 2010." It hit home just how long I've been following this.

:stare: Goddamn. It doesn't seem like nearly that amount of time. What will we do after it's gone...? :negative:

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

pwnyXpress posted:

Just got my season 2 dvd in the mail today! WOOO! Sitting down to watch the blooper reel with lunch.

You son of a bitch...

Not really, I'm just jealous because I was hoping I'd end up getting today. Hope it's as enjoyable as we're all hoping!

Volume posted:

Wow. I didn't realize how long it's been. I didn't hop in until somewhere in December of 2009, but that's STILL a friggin long time. Even more kudos to the guys for keeping us sucked in this long.

soupcan58 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 24, 2012

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

soupcan58 posted:

You son of a bitch...

Not really, I'm just jealous because I was hoping I'd end up getting today. Hope it's as enjoyable as we're all hoping!

Bloopers were short and ended up being, well, par for bloopers. But then I decided to watch a few episodes with commentary and LOVED IT. Lots of cool insight into the filming and behind the scenes stuff. Hope I can get caught up with school so I can sit down and watch them all the way through.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mine is here yaaaaaay :downs:

No typos on the box to report :smith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Seeing as I am a filthy European who has to wait 1-3 weeks before his DVD of Season 2 arrives, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the actually did something about the usage of Happy Birthday to You in Entry #37?

EskimoFreeState
Jul 23, 2007

I AM COMING FOR YOU,

AND YOU WILL LEAD ME TO THE DANCE FLOOR.

pwnyXpress posted:

Those of you getting the DVD: is it coming via USPS or one of the private carriers? I ordered it first day, and the mail came, and it wasn't here...(weeps)

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

EskimoFreeState posted:

Those of you getting the DVD: is it coming via USPS or one of the private carriers? I ordered it first day, and the mail came, and it wasn't here...(weeps)

USPS.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I read this thread and ran out to my mailbox. Got it! Mine has some beautiful stamps on it. Lamps and Chistmas stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EskimoFreeState posted:

Where geographically are they shipping from? Tennessee can't be too far...

I assume DVD/T-shirt orders are on the same schedule?

Got mine in today! They appear to ship from Los Angelas.

• Locked thread